Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2011, 20:28   #1186
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Unless it is an unavoidable contractual obligation, any good manager can, and should, seek to correct bad mistakes by their predecessors.
Old 31st July 2011, 12:00   #1187
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
@suhaas; I agree with you about the part for Harish
What I do not understand is why would Skoda not consider the implications of such behaviour before embarking on a foolish mission. They definitely underestimated Harish for sure!
True.

But then Skoda would underestimate everyone. They would be under the assumption that one lemon bought by one person wouldn't
affect them much, when they sell over thousands ever month. It's rather sad that they treat customers like this.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 31st July 2011 at 12:24.
Old 1st August 2011, 02:05   #1188
BHPian

Hire 2 guys to stand outside the showroom with huge placards - "DON'T BUY SKODA - ASK ME WHY" - and then they can dish out the info on a leaflet about them keeping your car for 3 years. See if that works
Old 1st August 2011, 08:09   #1189
Senior - BHPian

May be there are other Skoda forums across the globe. Time to post this thread across other forums around the globe. Let everybody know how skoda is treating customers.

Its really sad Harish. I wish you good luck for this 4th.

Shame on you SKODA.
Old 1st August 2011, 12:23   #1190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
May be there are other Skoda forums across the globe. Time to post this thread across other forums around the globe. Let everybody know how skoda is treating customers.

Its really sad Harish. I wish you good luck for this 4th.

Shame on you SKODA.

AFAIK Skoda doesn't have a stellar reputation to begin with across the globe. Unless I'm mistaking it for some other manufacturer a decade ago Skoda was a butt of jokes for whatever is wrong with automobile industry in general in U.K.

If the situation is same right now then I don't think it'll hurt their already poor reputation

PS: I checked my recall on the internet:

Skoda Octavia Elegance 1.8 TSI : Road Test : Review : Motoring : Web Wombat

BBC News | UK | Skoda has last laugh

It did have a real poor reputation which it is trying to mend now. May be a few poor reviews can be effective - but probably not much.
Old 1st August 2011, 12:40   #1191
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm afraid that you are decades out of date on that.

Skoda was a joke, and such a big one that there may still be a little stigma attached to the name. It was never about what was wrong with British cars; it was about what was wrong with Eastern-European cars. Lada, Skoda...
How do you double the value of a Skoda?

Put some petrol in it

All in the past.

Perhaps we need out own series of jokes for Skoda in India today?
How do you turn a fine car into a pile of scrap?

Take it to a Skoda dealer.

Hmmm... Not very funny. Needs better wit than mine!

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 1st August 2011 at 12:42.
Old 1st August 2011, 12:55   #1192
Senior - BHPian

What Sokda does'nt realise (or what they dont want to realise) is, with all this negative publicity, they are eventually nailing their own coffin. One cannot ignore the power of the internet. Most of us have read this, a lot more would know about it (through us). Somewhere down the line, Skoda has lost a lot of potential customers.

Skoda would actually need to take this with a pinch of salt. Be man enough to accept the mistake and compensate Harish properly. That is if they want to survive in the ever growing Indian market.
Old 1st August 2011, 13:51   #1193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Skoda has lost a lot of potential customers.
I am one of them. I didnt do any better, i just got a Jetta . But definitely this thread was a main reason to fear about skoda service.

Was ready to dwell into the unknown rather than knowingly falling into a pit.
Old 4th August 2011, 11:53   #1194
BHPian

Update
Nummer lawyer present.
Skoda lawyers assistant present.
JMD absent.
Me and my rep present.

President absent again.
No hearing this month. Set to retire month end.

Next date - 19th september.

Jai Ho.
Old 4th August 2011, 11:58   #1195
Senior - BHPian

Oh come on!
This is a joke of the judiciary system that we have. What are they doing? What are they going to achieve by postponing for no reason.
The only reason, I see in this is - They are trying your patience Harish. Do not budge. What is your future course of action Harish?
Old 4th August 2011, 11:59   #1196
BHPian

Right now not a clue
Old 4th August 2011, 12:06   #1197
Team-BHP Support

This is ridiculous!

Not appearing in court should be made an non-bailable offence; or maybe contempt of court.

How is the judge tolerating all this?!

I feel sorry for the common Indian citizen (including self).

Wish you all the luck man, pray you get the justice you deserve at the end of all this.
Old 4th August 2011, 12:13   #1198
BHPian

The judge herself is absent.
Old 4th August 2011, 12:17   #1199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
What is your future course of action Harish?
Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Right now not a clue
Any chance of an out-of-court settlement? Maybe smarter to take a suitable handout from these guys and end the whole thing? How much more of this can anybody take?
Old 4th August 2011, 12:29   #1200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Any chance of an out-of-court settlement? Maybe smarter to take a suitable handout from these guys and end the whole thing? How much more of this can anybody take?
Maybe a good idea, but only if initiated by Skoda. If harish initiates it, it may be mistaken as eagerness to settle.
I have no words to say for the ineffective nature of our judiciary. There is no professionalism to be seen these days

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks