Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2011, 12:36   #1201
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Media will cover junk incidents. I wish they cover comman man problem. Specially the useless IBN which even does debates all night on issues that is definitely trivial for common man.

Media is the only way this issue can be brought to light. I wish someone from Media was there in Team BHP who can present an article in Hindu or TOI or something.

This is insane.

Dont lose hope harish
Old 4th August 2011, 12:37   #1202
BHPian

I'd pay JMD, take delivery of the car and torch it rather than settle.
harishv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 12:40   #1203
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Being absent for a hearing is considered a serious offense under the law.
Wonder how these guys are getting away with such violations.

@ Harish, Was the case deferred because the judge was absent, or coz the other guys being absent?

We can feel the anxiety that you must be facing. Hang in there mate...
Old 4th August 2011, 12:42   #1204
BHPian

Because of the judge
Old 4th August 2011, 12:43   #1205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Any chance of an out-of-court settlement? Maybe smarter to take a suitable handout from these guys and end the whole thing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Maybe a good idea, but only if initiated by Skoda. If harish initiates it, it may be mistaken as eagerness to settle.
I have no words to say for the ineffective nature of our judiciary. There is no professionalism to be seen these days
Now that it has gone soooooo far for 3 years then If I was Harish I would never do the settlement, call it my foolishness -so be it (but still I am not Harish -right?? Only he know the pain he goes thru).

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 4th August 2011 at 12:46.
Old 4th August 2011, 12:52   #1206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Because of the judge
Now this is sheer horse carp!
1st the defendents were upto it. Wasting the last hearings..
Now its "My Lord"!

Who can question 'them' now!
Old 4th August 2011, 14:49   #1207
Senior - BHPian

Is there no escalation procedure ? Or any way to expedite the process ? Ridiculous judiciary system in India.
Old 4th August 2011, 15:07   #1208
Senior - BHPian

If I'm not mistaken, if the judge retires before a judgement is pronounced, the case will be moved to a new judge and the hearings will have to happen again. That means a delay of another 3 years!!

I think the judge has been bribed by Skoda or the dealer.

Quote:
Not a bad idea if you can get the media to cover it - like the Chinese gentleman who destroyed his Lambo(?). Probably that would generate more negative publicity for Skoda than a judgement against them.

Last edited by StarrySky : 4th August 2011 at 15:10.
Old 4th August 2011, 18:43   #1209
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Not a bad idea. I am sure, thousands of T-Bhpians will show up for support!
Old 4th August 2011, 18:51   #1210
Senior - BHPian

Damn it! This is getting really ridiculous. Having been tangled in a court case getting dates again and again, because the rascal front party is not answering and kind judge happily giving dates, I can feel what you must be going through, Harish. Be strong, you are leading a fight of many unspoken consumers.

Should you decide to take the harsh route suggested by yourself above, 1 will surely show up.

Damn I can't find words to express my emotions. Hat's off to your patience harishv.
Old 4th August 2011, 18:53   #1211
BHPian

I heard that Skoda's legendary quality improved only after VW took it over.

I have a friend whose friend had a Skoda car (may be Octavia). The car was terrible and remained so even after many services and lots of money. So, he put stickers on the back of the car "I drive a Skoda and this is my worst car", drove the car all over Mumbai.
Old 4th August 2011, 18:53   #1212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post

I think the judge has been bribed by Skoda or the dealer.

This is may be the case. Or the judge is sheer incompetent and lazy - happens a lot in govt.

Lawyers on TBHP - is there any legal relief available against this sort of non sense? Can Harish move some petition to a higher court?
Old 4th August 2011, 20:48   #1213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
I heard that Skoda's legendary quality improved only after VW took it over.
Absolutely true. Before that, it was rubbish. So how "legendary" is the quality? only a decade or two.
Old 4th August 2011, 20:59   #1214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
What Sokda does'nt realise (or what they dont want to realise) is, with all this negative publicity, they are eventually nailing their own coffin.. That is if they want to survive in the ever growing Indian market.
I will quote your phrase "the ever growing Indian market".

Only people like us take the trouble to actually research our automobile choices BEFORE we put our money on them. What percentage are we of the universe of automobile buyers? Most likely, a very miniscule one. Hence Skoda will survive and we can only admire the brave souls who go to them.

The remedy is in a statute that awards punitive damages to aggrieved customers and an enforcement machinery which brooks no nonsense because it is held to account for it's own performance. That sadly is a pipe dream. No wonder Harish's travails do not seem to be ending.
Old 4th August 2011, 21:18   #1215
Senior - BHPian

I am surprised - there are enough people on the forum with "connections" why is a T-Bhpian not using them to sort out this mess Harish has suffered for many years now.

Come on wake up - it is beginning to sound like a typical Hindi Film. Where the high & mighty squish the ordinary man & no one bothers..

Disgusting !! to say the least.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks