Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2021, 14:01   #196
BHPian

Re: Paint Protection Film (PPF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD View Post
What was the final cost for you and did they share per sq.ft. price for Aegis vs Xpel?
Looking forward to some pictures and your reply. Cheers!!
Dear VSD,
I was quoted 779 for Xpel ultimate plus and 634 for Aegis including GST, both self-healing and 10 yrs life. I chose Aegis for full-body protection. Got leather dash and seat coating, windshields, window glass, sunroof ceramic coating, and alloys coating as complimentary. Carszpa did a neat job in the PPF application. I am satisfied. I Will post pics soon.
motomonk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 16:14   #197
BHPian

Done with full-body PPF in Carzspa Bangalore. PPF used is Aegis, which is self-healing and pre-ceramic coated.
Paint Protection Film (PPF)-endeavour-1.jpg

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-endeavour-2.jpg

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-endeavour-3.jpg

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-endeavour-4.jpg

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-endeavour-5.jpg

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-endeavour-6.jpg

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-endeavour-7.jpg

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-endeavour-8.jpg

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-endeavour-9.jpg
motomonk is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 16:42   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tictactoe View Post

I went for the 3M pro series at 3M chembur. The guy did a fantastic job at a reasonable price which includes two years of maintenance. Washing each month and UV treatment each quarter.
Do you have any WIP pics of installation?! Also if you don't mind sharing, how much did it cost you for the whole car?

Regards,
Powertrain
Old 13th April 2021, 08:21   #199

Hello dear BHPians! Hope you all doing great!

I have booked a Ford Ecosport S, white colour and due to deliver next week. Planning to get a PPF treatment. Have been following the thread to understand the various options available.

Long back in 2012, I had an essential pack installed from 3M car care on my Ford Figo and it held up pretty well until now. However, I see a lot more options are available in today's time and looking forward to any expert insights on the possible approach for the new Ford Ecosport S in Bengaluru.

Just wondering if I should proceed with a complete full-body treatment or just address the most vulnerable areas. Also any insight on the overall cost incurred for the same as I see a few threads around cost/sqft and no idea about the overall sqft/cost incurred for ecosport.
Old 14th April 2021, 12:00   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by witwat View Post
Hello dear BHPians! Hope you all doing great!
I have booked a Ford Ecosport S
Congrats on booking a new ride!

Ford Ecosport, self-healing full body PPF from better brands should cost around 80-1L. Should you go for full-body PPF? That really depends on your budget. I personally went with full-body PPF for my Endeavour for peace of mind. You have the other option of PPF on scratch prone area + ceramic coat on other areas which is a budget choice.
Old 2nd June 2021, 15:28   #201
BHPian

Hello All,

I am exploring options for full body PPF for my Jeep Compass. I stay in Noida, someone suggested to go for 3M Noida sector 10. They are quoting 80-85K for 3M self-healing PPF (he didn't tell me product name).

I've few queries:
- Is 80-85K for full body PPF con Jeep compass looks reasonable?
- How much time does it take to apply PPF. I am very skeptical of leaving car overnight at some random garage. 3M Noida guys say they need car overnight for this

thanks
pankaj
Old 2nd June 2021, 17:16   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_9730 View Post
Hello All,

I am exploring options for full body PPF for my Jeep Compass. I stay in Noida, someone suggested to go for 3M Noida sector 10. They are quoting 80-85K for 3M self-healing PPF (he didn't tell me product name).

I've few queries:
- Is 80-85K for full body PPF con Jeep compass looks reasonable?
- How much time does it take to apply PPF. I am very skeptical of leaving car overnight at some random garage. 3M Noida guys say they need car overnight for this

thanks
pankaj
Are you sure about the quote? I thought it costed around INR 120-150k for a full wrap of the Compass. As far as I know, Compass needs approximate 190 Sq ft of PPF.

Check out this thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/xpel-p...y-jeep-compass
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 08:55   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Are you sure about the quote? I thought it costed around INR 120-150k for a full wrap of the Compass. As far as I know, Compass needs approximate 190 Sq ft of PPF.
Next week I'll have more clarity after visiting them (hopefully if lockdown opens up). As of now on phone 3M guy told me 85k for complete body except roof and pillars.
Old 8th June 2021, 13:28   #204
BHPian

Has any fellow BHPian done full body PPF on a white car? Can any one share their experience.
I am expecting my white SAFARI within two weeks. Super confused with paint protection solution to be adopted.
Contacted 3M and they are saying we can do PPF on white and will not turn yellow over time. But this thread says, it is not preferred
Sreejith V is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 13:35   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreejith V View Post
Has any fellow BHPian done full body PPF on a white car? Can any one share their experience.
I am expecting my white SAFARI within two weeks. Super confused with paint protection solution to be adopted.
Contacted 3M and they are saying we can do PPF on white and will not turn yellow over time. But this thread says, it is not preferred
Sir , go ahead with films from renowned companies like Stek , PremiumShield , Hexis Etc . they provide 3-5 years of warranty against fading , cracking , bubbling etc. and before taking plunge make sure your installer is authentic and certified. for this you can contact the national distributor directly and ask for certified installers for your area. as teee cases where people will tell you that they use branded films but actually they dont.

Regards
NOTORIOUS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 17:58   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post

Check out this thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/xpel-p...y-jeep-compass
I did visit the store today (a 3M car care franchise in Noida). The owner there confirmed that he is indeed quoting 85K for 3M ventureSheild. but few things looked fishy to me:

- He said compass requires 119 sq ft of sheet instead of 190 sq ft (All body below the pillars, i.e. except roof & pillars). Price he quoted is ~900/sq ft and he is offering a discount to make it 85k
- He said he can finish the PPF application in about 12hrs. whereas other garages I checked wanted car for 3-4 days to finish PPF job.
- He could explain how will he prove that he used 3M venture shield PPF, not some other PPF which might cheaper. He says that the PPF sheet rolls don't have branding, they come in cartons which may be broken so you may not see branding

The deal looks to be too sweet to be true, but does above statements make it a suspicious deal?
Old 8th June 2021, 18:54   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_9730 View Post
I did visit the store today (a 3M car care franchise in Noida). The owner there confirmed that he is indeed quoting 85K for 3M ventureSheild. but few things looked fishy to me:
Just RUN.

Everything about what he said seems dubious. First of all, it cannot be 119 sq. ft. Its just too less. And also it is well documented in several threads in this forum that the Compass needs 190 sq. ft. Since I have been on the fence about the Compass for the longest time possible, I have personally looked around a few shops in Kolkata and it is around that number ~ 190 sq. ft. So he is definitely wrong.

The clear give away is the 12 hour job thing. That is just ridiculous. Please do not hand over the keys of your brand new Jeep to these guys.

Last edited by Pancham : 8th June 2021 at 18:55.
Pancham is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 20:11   #208
BHPian

Hi Guys, I need to get a PPF done in Gurugram next week. Spoke with the (erstwhile) 3M centre and they seem to have shut down permanently.

Is there any other recommended shop in Gurugram which can be trusted with the Car for 3 nights and obviously does a good job of PPF application? Everyone I spoke to gave different brand names and prices (Ranging from 60k to 2.5 lakh)
Old 1st July 2021, 09:40   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomonk View Post
Done with full-body PPF in Carzspa Bangalore. PPF used is Aegis, which is self-healing and pre-ceramic coated.
How much was it for the Endeavour for the full body PPF (if you don't mind sharing)? I'm just trying to ballpark so that I can budget for my new car purchase (thinking of the Compass or XUV700).

Also what type of PPF is Aegis? I heard there are many kinds like TPH, TPU etc?

And I suppose you mean the ceramic coating was done earlier at a different point in time or was it included in the PPF application? Would you say both are necessary?

Since my current plan is to by a vehicle that serves a 30% off-road usage, I don't want to be left with paint scratches throughout the body with plants, twigs and stones. Would ceramic coating be sufficient or PPF will be required for this use case?
Old 1st July 2021, 23:45   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
How much was it for the Endeavour for the full body PPF (if you don't mind sharing)? I'm just trying to ballpark so that I can budget for my new car purchase (thinking of the Compass or XUV700).
Hi Krishna,
I was quoted 779 for Xpel ultimate plus and 634 for Aegis including GST, both self-healing and 10 yrs life. I went ahead with Aegis for full-body protection. Aegis is US brand used by Carzspa across India. Its self healing and pre ceramic quoted PPF so gives decent shine. For Jeep it should cost around a 1-1.2L.
I was on similar dilemma, ceramic vs ppf. Ceramic never protects from scratches and chips, its just for the shine. PPF does protect from scratches and chips upto good extent, so i went with PPF for peaceful drive on and off road. Carzspa Mysore road did good job with application. They are friendly and offer good value for money based on your budget, talk to them and do your research before closing the deal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks