Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2010, 14:11   #4246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantoshPV View Post
I had changed over to the 110W headlamp on my Verna about 2 years back with all the required relay, holders etc.
Of late, I'm experiencing a strange issue when I use the high beam, after a few minutes, the high beam goes out & I have to select the low beam. After some time when I switch back on the high beam it comes back but sometimes, it doesn't & I have to continue with the low beam.

Any idea why this might be happening? Might there be a problem with the relay?
Mine is a connected problem (I think).

After a longish highway drive at night when I use the stalk knob to switch off the HL they dont go off.

Happened twice. both times drove 10 -15 meters and repeated the operation of switching off and the stalk knob worked. Sticking relay? BTW Hella relay and harness and 90/100 philips essential vision bulbs.
Old 15th September 2010, 05:02   #4247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
It's definitely possible. I know that Fiesta's stock HL's are underpowered. It's true that using higher rated bulbs in the long run will eventually burn your HL's.

I had used higher rated bulbs before and now use HID's. I can definitely feel the difference. The amount of heat produced by higher rated bulbs is tremendous after long drives.

Since you are not looking for HID's, you can try out different brands that use stock wattage. Philips provides many options within this range. Although, you can find tremendous increase in visibility, this would feel much better than the stock bulbs.
Another option is to upgrade the fog lights since it wont get affected quickly when compared to HL's.

Higher rated bulbs will cost you around 1.2k which includes bulbs, relay, wiring. Stock wattage will not need extra relay.

As for the brand, Philips is always better. I had used Osram Cool Blue before.

For the fitment, you can approach any accessories shop in Blore. I would recommend "Sprocket" in Koramangala or Evo near Ulsoor.

Reason for not going for HID's?

Cheers.!
Naveen,

Thanks for the detailed information. No particular reason for not upgrading to HIDs. Not sure still if I will go for the upgrade. Warranty getting void is one reason. So thought its better not to overdo it The headlights need an upgrade and that very much needed, not sure why the company is not looking into it.

Also since this is some mod that needs to be done neatly, and I did not exactly had good experiences with the bangalore dealers during my sunfilm installation, I'm still giving it a second thought from where to do it.

Letme check with the places you have mentioned and ask them about the change. If they are confident with the mod, I will do it.

have you done this on your fiesta ?
Old 15th September 2010, 10:24   #4248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrub View Post
Naveen,

Thanks for the detailed information. No particular reason for not upgrading to HIDs. Not sure still if I will go for the upgrade. Warranty getting void is one reason. So thought its better not to overdo it The headlights need an upgrade and that very much needed, not sure why the company is not looking into it.

Also since this is some mod that needs to be done neatly, and I did not exactly had good experiences with the bangalore dealers during my sunfilm installation, I'm still giving it a second thought from where to do it.

Letme check with the places you have mentioned and ask them about the change. If they are confident with the mod, I will do it.

have you done this on your fiesta ?
It's its properly installed, it wont void the warranty. Since the wires are not cut, this wont cause any problem. I would also suggest HID's instead of Higher rated bulbs. Else, you can check Philips with the stock wattage. Some slight improvement, that's it.

Check these shops. They are good as far as I know. In cochin, you can check out Emperor. That's where I do my mods.

No mods in my Fiesta, only Swift.

Cheers.!
Old 17th September 2010, 05:43   #4249
BHPian

Yeah, sure will check out the shops and the options you suggested. Will update if I go ahead with any changes.

Would like to upgrade to HIDs, but since I dont know a thing about the circuits or installation or anything, wasn't very keen. Anyways letme chck with these guys and see what they have got to say.

Any specific good brands if I'm planning HIDs ?
Old 17th September 2010, 08:00   #4250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Mine is a connected problem (I think).

After a longish highway drive at night when I use the stalk knob to switch off the HL they dont go off.

Happened twice. both times drove 10 -15 meters and repeated the operation of switching off and the stalk knob worked. Sticking relay? BTW Hella relay and harness and 90/100 philips essential vision bulbs.
Looks like you've got 2 relays connected. I faced a similar issue sometime back.

While upgrading from stock HLs, most guys suggest adding a relay WITHOUT checking whether the car has Relays, If there are 2 relays acting, then this problem occurs..

Pl check your electrical circuitry!!
Old 17th September 2010, 09:05   #4251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Looks like you've got 2 relays connected. I faced a similar issue sometime back.

While upgrading from stock HLs, most guys suggest adding a relay WITHOUT checking whether the car has Relays, If there are 2 relays acting, then this problem occurs..

Pl check your electrical circuitry!!
AFAIK no relays are required for stock HL view their lower wattage. relays are added for the 90/100 W. Thus how would 2 relays be connected? My circuit is very similar to the one below. [IMG]file:///tmp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-headlightrelaywiringdiagram.jpg  

Old 17th September 2010, 09:54   #4252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrub View Post
Yeah, sure will check out the shops and the options you suggested. Will update if I go ahead with any changes.

Would like to upgrade to HIDs, but since I dont know a thing about the circuits or installation or anything, wasn't very keen. Anyways letme chck with these guys and see what they have got to say.

Any specific good brands if I'm planning HIDs ?
Philips is always good. But it's very hard to find 4300k HIDs since they stopped manufacturing them sometime back. But if are lucky, you may find their old stock. Else, you will have to go for 6000k. Keep me updated. All the best Dude.
Old 17th September 2010, 10:45   #4253
BHPian

Can you guys recommend any place in Bangalore or Cochin to buy H1-4300K Single Beam HID kits and indicative pricing?

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 17th September 2010 at 10:46.
Old 17th September 2010, 10:49   #4254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
AFAIK no relays are required for stock HL view their lower wattage. relays are added for the 90/100 W. Thus how would 2 relays be connected? My circuit is very similar to the one below. [IMG]file:///tmp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]
Sir, MOST new gen vehicles come with OE relays for HL even if it is 55/60W.

I HAD the SAME problem in my vehicle and discovered that OE relays were fighting with the newly installed relays. Hence the suggestion!

And relays are good even for lower wattages!!!
Old 17th September 2010, 12:25   #4255
BHPian

I have an old pair of Hella Rallye 1000 mounted on our family Omni. I would now like to remove it and install it in another car. I dont want to use the same old wiring harness / relay / switch kit and I am looking at buying a new set - just the harness / relay / switch.

Am in Chennai and I checked with Haute Car Zone as they are supposed to be authorised Hella dealers. I was told they dont sell harness kits separately.

I also looked online if genuine Hella wiring harness kits were available, am unable to locate a Hella genuine Rallye 1000 kit.

What are my options? - any guidance would be helpful.
I also saw on Amazon that a complete wiring harness / relay / switch kit is available for Rallye 4000 - can I use the same kit on my Rallye 1000?? - sorry guys, am a bit of a noob when it comes to electricals, hence the question.
Old 17th September 2010, 13:54   #4256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
Can you guys recommend any place in Bangalore or Cochin to buy H1-4300K Single Beam HID kits and indicative pricing?
Please check at Evo as well (9845376094 - Satya). He keeps them in stock normally.

Last edited by shyamhegde : 17th September 2010 at 13:56. Reason: typo...
Old 17th September 2010, 14:09   #4257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Sir, MOST new gen vehicles come with OE relays for HL even if it is 55/60W.

I HAD the SAME problem in my vehicle and discovered that OE relays were fighting with the newly installed relays. Hence the suggestion!

And relays are good even for lower wattages!!!
Relay is just a heavy duty contact switch depending on the amperage of the contact points. It should not make any mess unless any of the relays have gone sticky/loose contact. If u add one more relay the OE relay will be almost free of load (say 1% load) as its driving the second relay's coils only. Now the bulb load is totally borne by the second relay which is the best at least in case of vehicles under warranty. Every car HL relay is rated to 60W bulb as 55/60 is the commonly used even for 3 wheelers. So if some one is planning to upgrade to a higher rated bulb only go for the extra relays. As long as you are playing within the stock range you are safe with the OE relays.
Old 17th September 2010, 20:58   #4258
BHPian

Need help for strobe lights in Bangalore.

Hi All,

Hope you guys are doing great.
Where can i find rear flashing LED lights (strobe)
similar to F1 cars in Bangalore?

Any place where i can get it fitted?

Thanks,
Ayyappan
Old 18th September 2010, 10:11   #4259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda_Power View Post
Hi All,

Hope you guys are doing great.
Where can i find rear flashing LED lights (strobe)
similar to F1 cars in Bangalore?

Any place where i can get it fitted?

Thanks,
Ayyappan

Do u want something similar to this?

Old 18th September 2010, 13:26   #4260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

This IMO is not a strobe light sir..

Strobe lights are different and catch ones attention easily..I've got one in my Gypsy doing duty as an extra brake light mounted on the roof!!

Most Viewed