Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2010, 23:04   #4621
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

^^ Ricky sir, he wasn't impressed with them & as per his post, they were removed within 3 days. Though he has still retained them with him due to the looks enhancement that these offered to the Tuscon.

Drive safe.
Old 20th December 2010, 05:35   #4622
BHPian

Quick question to guru's

I have a 2004 Camry and I am not happy with the light dissipation, both low beam and high beam are very poor and the spread is very less. While driving in city, i have to put high beam since the road visibility is very poor.

Now the question is, it does come with HL adjustment but how do I check it is working. It has 5 settings however whenever I change it I don't see any level adjustment.

Anything can I do about this??
Old 20th December 2010, 09:08   #4623
Senior - BHPian

Question

Do we get Wheel well neons in India/BLR? I want to order from a website here and I was wondering if we get it in India.
Old 20th December 2010, 09:54   #4624
BHPian

Re: For those who think Linea Headlight is in adequate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
You're atleast gonna need strong holders or the factory ones that are made for 55 and 60 are gonna melt.
I'll guarantee that.
You are right nitrous. A Ceramic holder is a must. As well an external relay with its own higher capacity wiring harness would be the best. The OE wiring harness is made as per the ratings of the electrical load. Now that it has to carry twice as much current, better to go for an additional relay. In case one fears of losing warranty, this job can be got done from the dealer I guess.
Old 20th December 2010, 10:31   #4625
Senior - BHPian

All the above posters were right. I myself have seen a damaged headlamp of Optra in service station. That was the result of upgrading only the bulbs.

But again, it does not happen to everyone, chances are high.

I also know of Optra owners who still have it in this setup without issues in this very forum.

So, is it luck? Or duration of usage? Or others? No clue.
Old 20th December 2010, 10:49   #4626
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
Quick question to guru's

I have a 2004 Camry and I am not happy with the light dissipation, both low beam and high beam are very poor and the spread is very less. While driving in city, i have to put high beam since the road visibility is very poor.

Now the question is, it does come with HL adjustment but how do I check it is working. It has 5 settings however whenever I change it I don't see any level adjustment.

Anything can I do about this??
It does come with HL adjustment. To see the working, switch on the headlights and try adjusting it. See the video below. This shows the level adjustment in my Swift which also got projector headlights.

Try changing the bulbs to 4300k HID's. This will drastically improve the visibility.

Old 23rd December 2010, 10:48   #4627
Senior - BHPian

I wish to upgrade the lighting on my Fiat Palio Stile to 80W H7. Do we get ceramic holders for H7 in Bangalore? If yes, where and what would be the approximate cost?
Old 23rd December 2010, 11:01   #4628
Senior - BHPian

Ceramic holders for H7 are easy to get for H7. Should about 60-80 bux tops.

But if you plan on upgrading the Hi Beam i.e. H1's enjoy the treasure hunt to get a hold of ceramic holders for that. Took me close to 6 months to source H1 ceramic holders for my highbeam.

Btw, which 80W bulb are you upgrading to?

Is the Palio stile also following the same config H7-Lo Beam, H1-Hi beam?

Last edited by praful : 23rd December 2010 at 11:10.
Old 24th December 2010, 17:51   #4629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
All the above posters were right. I myself have seen a damaged headlamp of Optra in service station. That was the result of upgrading only the bulbs.

But again, it does not happen to everyone, chances are high.

I also know of Optra owners who still have it in this setup without issues in this very forum.

So, is it luck? Or duration of usage? Or others? No clue.
If you are going above stock wattage then you will need a constant flow of wind over the plastic headlamps. This means you cannot use it in bumper to bumper traffic. The only option presently for the Chevy Cruze I have in tungsten bulbs of higher wattage are Hella 100/55 bulbs. The high beam to be used when there is good flow of air over the headlamps. The lows can be used as normal as its stock wattage. Unfortunately these are not available in India and I have ordered for a pair from Dubai. The other option is to go Philips Xtreme power or Xtreme vision or alternatively Osrams latest + rated bulb the Nightbreaker+ bulb and not the ordinary nightbreakers.

However the output from the Hella 100/55watts will be better. Take care not to use the 100 watts in crawling traffic.
Old 24th December 2010, 22:20   #4630
BHPian

Hello everyone,
I would like to upgrade the headlamps of my nano. The ones present in the car are not adequate at all. The specifications are : 12V 60/55W. Is there any other info that i should put in here? Please suggest an ideal upgrade.
Old 26th December 2010, 10:42   #4631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
You're atleast gonna need strong holders or the factory ones that are made for 55 and 60 are gonna melt.
I'll guarantee that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
+1 to nitrous.

you will need some ceramic holders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
You are right nitrous. A Ceramic holder is a must. As well an external relay with its own higher capacity wiring harness would be the best. The OE wiring harness is made as per the ratings of the electrical load. Now that it has to carry twice as much current, better to go for an additional relay. In case one fears of losing warranty, this job can be got done from the dealer I guess.

Strangely, back in 1993, I did upgrade my M800 DX from stock 55/60W to 90/110 and all i did was a suitable relay and wiring change.

Have driven that car over long distances in the night and never felt anything burn!! Have used that setup in that car for over 40,000 kms FYI.

And I dont think I used ceramic holders!
Old 26th December 2010, 16:37   #4632
Senior - BHPian

I wish to Install a HID kit for my Swift VDi. Right now I have a stock bulbs along with Hella 500 series of fog lamps.
I enquired about the cost in JC road.
Osram H4 7000K - 7800/-
I also have some serious doubts regarding the HID kit.
Can the same white light been replicated with Philips blue vision.Is this a cheaper option.
Kindly guide me dudes
Old 27th December 2010, 09:39   #4633
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
I wish to Install a HID kit for my Swift VDi. Right now I have a stock bulbs along with Hella 500 series of fog lamps.
Osram H4 7000K - 7800/-
Can the same white light been replicated with Philips blue vision.Is this a cheaper option.
Kindly guide me dudes
The exact white light of the HID bulbs cannot be replicated with normal halogens bulbs. Although there will be a small difference in the color, the exact output cannot be expected. For this you will need HID's. I have used these kinda bulbs before. Now am using Auto Gauge HID's with Projector headlights.

HID's will be expensive. You could try out Auto Gauge or Philips, where Auto Gauge will be the cheaper option when compared to Philips.

Cheers.!
Old 27th December 2010, 11:30   #4634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Osram H4 7000K - 7800/-
Kindly guide me dudes
All visions except for Essential Vision is of no use as they block quite a bit of the visible light. All the bulbs that we see coated with blue or gold color will obstruct some amount of light to give the desired light color.

HIDs can never be compared to Halogens as the tech is totally different. There is no filament in HIDs and hence, less heat.

If you have Hella 500 FF driving lights then that should suffice. Just this weekend had night drives for 430kms and the 90/100 did not feel inadequate. (I wear glasses so there is some more glare of oncoming vehicles)
Old 27th December 2010, 12:28   #4635
Senior - BHPian

A noob question from my side, I have upgraded my Ritz's lighting system to 6k HID, but the heat generated by HIDs are damaging the upper portion of reflactor, what can be done about the same? Will fitting after market projector solve the problem? If yes, then from where can I source the projectors and at what price?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks