Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2018, 22:09   #10966
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Fantastic work sir. I love the way the white LED's impart a clean look over the stock yellow bulbs.

Is the left bulb in the Zen out of focus? Or is the outer glass damaged or not clear as light output is lesser as compared to the right bulb in the Zen?
Thanks for the compliment. No "Sir" please, I am only 23. I guess having an old Omni as an avatar might make one believe otherwise.

I too noticed that the output from the left bulb is less than the right one. I believe this is most likely due a worn out glass/reflector. I might try to fit a new light, as this number plate light is shared with the Omni (hence should be easily available). Still the difference in brightness isn't that obvious when viewed from a distance.

Last edited by chiranjitp : 10th April 2018 at 22:13.
chiranjitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 11:39   #10967
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Based on the prior experiences I would suggest powerbulbs.com, which is reliable in terms of the quality of the bulbs being sourced. Also you will have a minimum of 20% OFF every time.
What is the delivery time for the bulbs?? I ordered some Philips LEDs and they were promptly shipped within 2 hours. That was quick, but what should be the total time to reach me??

This is my first purchase from Powerbulbs, hence so many queries. Also will the customs create any issue?? The total worth of my order was around 6500 rupees after a 30% discount.

Regards
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 14:13   #10968
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,
My brother had a query for which he is not able to find answers. Was hoping to get some inputs over here, posting his query below as an attachment:
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-lights.jpeg  

Old 12th April 2018, 14:15   #10969
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
What is the delivery time for the bulbs?? I ordered some Philips LEDs and they were promptly shipped within 2 hours. That was quick, but what should be the total time to reach me??

This is my first purchase from Powerbulbs, hence so many queries. Also will the customs create any issue?? The total worth of my order was around 6500 rupees after a 30% discount.

Regards
Shashi
You will get it in 2-3 weeks time.
sagarpadaki is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 18:59   #10970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli.ferns View Post
Hi Bhpians,
My brother had a query for which he is not able to find answers. Was hoping to get some inputs over here, posting his query below as an attachment:
The bulbs posted in the picture are not HID bulbs. These are the bulbs that come with the projector headlights in the Verna SX(O). I have the same. These are NOT HID's. These are regular HB3 (9005) halogen bulbs (60W).

I had the same Sylvannia bulbs on mine too. That is what Hyundai gives.

Doubt you'd get Sylvannia bulbs in India. Look for Sylvannia Silverstar Ultra, that should cost you about 1900-2000. The alternative would be Philips Extreme Vision (about 1.4k for a pair) OR Osram Nightbreaker (about 2.8k a pair).

Last edited by drhoneycake : 12th April 2018 at 19:03.
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2018, 11:20   #10971
BHPian

Hello.

Does anybody have experience with the Hella 60 mm more beam projector module? How is the performance?

Here it is: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00SHLA4I2/..._LDU0Ab4PPSM7R

https://www.shop4hella.com/productde...BCbW9rMlhkZz09

Hella calls this a universal low beam. What does that mean? Does it have an asymmetrical beam cut-off for rhd vehicles?

My intention is to use it auxiliary low beam headlamp.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Old 16th April 2018, 23:10   #10972
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post

Zen's number plate at night:
I have used some cheap LEDs earlier to get the same effect, but was never satisfied with their life. Hence was happy with the OEM MGP bulbs. When BHPian ChiranjitP pinged me this link, I was genuinely interested in this. Luckily, few days back the LEDs came in Lightening deal on Amazon, and I got it for Rs. 570 for 2 pair.

Swapped the LEDs, and more than the illumination, I am happy with the power savings and lesser load on the alty.

There was some confusion regarding wattage, as Amazon had written it as 5W, which was too much for a branded LED.

Time for some pics:

LEDs

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20180416_183010.jpg

MRP and other details:

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20180416_183025.jpg

12V, 0.5W

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20180416_183033.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20180416_183045.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20180416_183053.jpg

Stock W5W bulbs, 2x5W=10W consumption

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20180416_185838.jpg

Osram LEDs, 2x0.5W=1W consumption

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20180416_191948.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20180416_191954.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 07:59   #10973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Osram LEDs, 2x0.5W=1W consumption

Regards,
Shashi
I've been using these Osram LED's in my Baleno for the past 1.5 years. They are uber-cool. When viewed from a distance, they resemble the ones present in BMW
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2018, 16:19   #10974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
Hello.

Does anybody have experience with the Hella 60 mm more beam projector module? How is the performance?

Here it is: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00SHLA4I2/..._LDU0Ab4PPSM7R

https://www.shop4hella.com/productde...BCbW9rMlhkZz09

Hella calls this a universal low beam. What does that mean? Does it have an asymmetrical beam cut-off for rhd vehicles?

My intention is to use it auxiliary low beam headlamp.

Any help would be much appreciated!
I haven't used it directly. But have seen it installed on a few vehicles.

First impression is that the light throw is pretty good. But, Hella themselves suggest that the unit is not waterproof. Hence, you might need to use them under sealed conditions. Also, Hella suggests a minimum mounting height of 500mm from the ground for effective light throw.

Based on the reviews in amazon, it seems that the units sold online seem to be fake / replicas.

I would instead suggest you to contact a Hella distributor from Hella page mentioned below:

https://www.hella.com/hella-in/Locator-881.html

Find out the dealer / distributor in your city and get a pair of original lights even if they are marginally more expensive compared to online purchases.

Also, please do share the update with us here once your modification is done.

I myself am planning for a set of custom quad projector headlights setup for my 2017 Ecosport (pre-facelift) as the OE headlamps are pathetic.

Cheers & Safe Driving
Surya-TJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2018, 23:47   #10975
BHPian

My 3 and a half year old hyundai verna recently started showing a problem related with fog lamp. I have kept the fog lamp switch in 'ON' position always so that it will automatically light up with the park light. Now the problem is fog lamp will light up only when the headlamp is switched on in bright mode. More over Foglamp will off automatically when left indicator is put on. Some times this problem happens with right indicator also. What could be reason for that.
Old 20th April 2018, 14:17   #10976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noblecr View Post
Now the problem is fog lamp will light up only when the headlamp is switched on in bright mode. More over Foglamp will off automatically when left indicator is put on. Some times this problem happens with right indicator also. What could be reason for that.
Looks like a wiring connection issue in the stalk. Which is still weird since these things are made to last.
Myth_sx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2018, 15:14   #10977
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, for a friend's Crysta, I am looking for HB3 (Philips Xtreme Vision). I checked a reputed shop in Yelahanka this morning but they had only regulars and not XVs.

I then called JK Automobiles and they were unsure but it may not make sense to go there and return empty handed.

Any reputed shops you suggest, preferably in South Bangalore - Koramangala, BTM, Hosur Road, Jayanagar side? Will be really helpful as its quite urgent.
Old 20th April 2018, 15:38   #10978
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Guys, for a friend's Crysta, I am looking for HB3 (Philips Xtreme Vision). I checked a reputed shop in Yelahanka this morning but they had only regulars and not XVs.

I then called JK Automobiles and they were unsure but it may not make sense to go there and return empty handed.

Any reputed shops you suggest, preferably in South Bangalore - Koramangala, BTM, Hosur Road, Jayanagar side? Will be really helpful as its quite urgent.
Instead of the Philips Xtreme Vision, you can go for the Osram Nightbreakers which are equally good. They are available online here:-
https://www.flybhp.com/osram-hb3-p90...-set-of-2.html

They are based out of Bangalore, so maybe you could call them up and find out if you could buy them directly from them!

Last edited by Behemoth : 20th April 2018 at 15:41.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2018, 16:33   #10979
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Instead of the Philips Xtreme Vision, you can go for the Osram Nightbreakers which are equally good. They are available online here:-
https://www.flybhp.com/osram-hb3-p90...-set-of-2.html

They are based out of Bangalore, so maybe you could call them up and find out if you could buy them directly from them!
Thank you. Actually I too had suggested the same because XV and NB are core competitors when it comes to retrofitment over stock bulbs.

He doesnt want Osrams only because the stock bulbs are Osrams even though I explained that NBs are different from what comes as OE.

So now we managed to find out that Konark Car Accessories in Jayanagar has stock and called and confirmed too. So getting it from there.
Old 20th April 2018, 17:32   #10980
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Please find the list of authorised distributors for Phillips bulbs in Bangalore.

Quote:
Aditi InCorp (Mr. Subhakar)

Address: #6 2nd Floor, Naresh Arcade, 60 Feet Road, Kempegowda HBCS Layout, Prashanth Nagar, Bangalore - 560040

Email: aditiates@gmail.com
Mob No.: +91 9986041125
Quote:
BEST AUTOMOBILES MARKETING (Mr. P.K.Joshy)

Address: Kalasipalyam, New Extension, 5th Cross, No. 5/3, 1st Floor, Bangalore - 560002

Email: bestauto@vsnl.net

Landline: 080 - 41532663
Mob No.: +91 9845175227
Quote:
AUTO GRID (Mr. SANJEET. R)

Address: No. 107, Bellary Road, 10th Cross, Ganga Nagar, Bangalore - 560032

Email: sanjeetraju@yahoo.com
Mob No.: +91 9886047263
Quote:
ELECTRONIC CORNER (Mr. JASPREET SINGH)

Address: # 64, KH Road, Opp to BMTC Bus Terminal, Bangalore - 560027

Email: ecimports.blr@gmail.com;
Email: pawandeepsingh.ec@gmail.com

Mob No.: +91 9900191301
Quote:
NOBLE AUTOMOTIVES PVT LTD (Mr. SATISH SANGHVI)

Address: 25, Journalist Colony, 2nd Cross, Bangalore - 560002

Email: noblebsk@gmail.com
Mob No.: +91 9341219285
Quote:
VIKAS TRADE LINKS (Ms. NITU SANCHETI)

Address: No. 4, 4th Cross, Kalasipalya New Extention, New Pid No.48-96-4, Naramshimaraja Road, Bangalore-560002

Email: vikastradel@gmail.com
Mob No.: +91 9845026652
Quote:
A.K.TRADERS (Basco)

Address:[/u] 22/23, Third cross, journalist colony, banglore karnatka - 560002

Email: sunil_aktraders@hotmail.com
Mob No.: +91 9742345648
Quote:
JAIN EMPIRE (Mr. KUNAL NAHAR)

Address: # 10, 2nd Floor, Property No. 9, 5th Cross, New Kalsipalyam Extension, Bangalore - 560002

Email: jainempire2016@gmail.com
Mob No.: +91 9916767862
Quote:
MAHAVEER AUTO DISTRIBUTORS

Address: #10, 1st Floor, Mahendra Plaza, Shop No. 18, MTB Road, Journalist Colony, Bangalore - 560002

Email: auto.mahaveer@gmail.com
Mob No.: +91 9844157789
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks