Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2021, 20:37   #12046
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lucan View Post
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Can you share the front picture and beam shots? Is the setup waterproof?
Yes, the setup is waterproof, the bulbs has a gasket to make a positive seal with the projector. I have not come across issues of misting.

This is my low beam only, there was a streetlight on, so this appears brighter than it actually is.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20210330_201609.jpg

Projector low beam, I would have preferred a longer throw, but the fogs sit very low to the ground, there is not much option to play around as the fogs fit snugly with the bumper.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20210330_201617.jpg

This is high beam, I do not use it in the city, as it blinds oncoming traffic.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20210330_201644.jpg
motorpsycho is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 12:29   #12047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
Projector low beam, I would have preferred a longer throw, but the fogs sit very low to the ground, there is not much option to play around as the fogs fit snugly with the bumper.
Just add a few washers between the bumper plastic and the circular metal only in the top. That will increase the level of the low beam height. I installed such projectors on my Figo and I played around with washers by adding or removing to get the right height. By right, I mean the cut off line was just a bit lower as the height of the fog from ground.
ramharis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 00:09   #12048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post
Just add a few washers between the bumper plastic and the circular metal only in the top. That will increase the level of the low beam height. I installed such projectors on my Figo and I played around with washers by adding or removing to get the right height. By right, I mean the cut off line was just a bit lower as the height of the fog from ground.

That was my initial plan, my issues with playing around with the Lamp height is removing the bumper is a major hassle, it is not any easy job, last time I had to find a bodyshop guy to do it, as the accessories shop said they cannot do it.

Another issue is, the projectors fit very snuggly into the bumper, which does not provide too much options to play around.
Old 3rd April 2021, 08:47   #12049
BHPian

Morimoto 2Stroke 3.0 H7 LEDs in a reflector housing

I picked up a pre worshipped VW Ameo DSG in Sep-2020 [Dec-2018 registered with 37k on the odo, currently at 44k]. I do frequent highway runs between Chennai - Trichy and was longing for better lighting. I will start with the results and then the details.

Results: I have captioned the pictures below for clarity. Pictures were taken with a Oneplus 7. The phone was placed on the center of the dash and was leaning on the windshield. The photos are not altered but they do appear brighter when compared with the naked eye. These were results with H7 LEDs on reflector housing.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1_low-beams.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-2_low_and_high.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-3_dump.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-4_dump.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-5_road.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-6_tunnel.jpg

Details: I did not want to do anything that impacted warranty nor blind oncoming traffic. After research I zeroed in on Morimoto 2Stroke 3.0 LEDs, they are 5500K. They are designed to mimic stock halogen headlights to mitigate light bleed. These were only launched in ~Nov-2020. They fitted comfortably in the Ameo headlight housing and did not cause any warning lights in the dash. However fitting them took some effort. The stock clips used by VW to house H7 halogens cannot house an LED and the LED adaptors bought from Amazon worked well only for the low beam housing. The high beams were fitted with some juggad by trimming the stock metal clips. I am not entirely happy with how the high beams have turned out (Are they too low?), I think the clips are the problem. Does anyone has a suggestion for H7 LED adapter that works well in a high beam housing of Ameo/Polo/Vento?

Next I need to color match the fog lights with an IP67 rated LED

Useful Links (I am not affiliated to any of them) :

www.bulbfacts.com
Lord Lucan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 14:38   #12050
BHPian

I was looking towards upgrading Tiago's fog lamps to projector bi-xenon hid lamps. Have contacted blaze India for the same. He's saying tiago will need a canbus adapter as well. Rest if plug and play with H11 socket and no relay is required.
I couldn't find in the user manual if tiago is canbus enabled or not.
Can anyone confirm the same for me?
Torq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 20:13   #12051
BHPian

Dear All,

Vehicle Model - Hyundai Verna 4S (2015)
Headlight Type - Projectors
Blub type as per Manual - 9005L.

The light throw is pathetic. I'm looking to upgrade to Night Breakers or Xtreme Vision at same wattage. However, I'm unable to find the same model number on Amazon. Most of the ones are HB3(9005). Are these the same ?
Old 19th April 2021, 09:07   #12052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq View Post
I was looking towards upgrading Tiago's fog lamps to projector bi-xenon hid lamps. Have contacted blaze India for the same. He's saying tiago will need a canbus adapter as well. Rest if plug and play with H11 socket and no relay is required.
I couldn't find in the user manual if tiago is canbus enabled or not.
Can anyone confirm the same for me?
If adapter is available for the car then it means canbus is supported. Please see the link below

https://deaninfotainments.com/produc...power-harness/
Old 20th April 2021, 21:26   #12053
BHPian

Hey guys!

Does anybody know any vendor that sells single unit of clear projector lens? I am planning to retrofit it on my Pulsar 150 (UG4.5) with 4300k 35watt HID hence need only one piece, the kits are very expensive and the second one wouldn't be of any use to me.
Old 20th April 2021, 21:44   #12054
BHPian

Quote:
Upgrading Tiago's fog lamps to projector bi-xenon hid lamps.... Blaze India
Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
If adapter is available for the car then it means canbus is supported.
Apologies for not updating here. Yes, the relay had canbus adapter. So, all worked out for the best.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-collagemaker_20210420_213041021.jpg

To all, can you guys give me an idea about the superior limit/cutoff for fogs? Also, as you can see, when I switch on to high beams, there's a small spot high above the cutoff. Any idea why?
Old 20th April 2021, 23:47   #12055
BANNED

Quote:
To all, can you guys give me an idea about the superior limit/cutoff for fogs? Also, as you can see, when I switch on to high beams, there's a small spot high above the cutoff. Any idea why?
Rotate the bulb slightly in either of the directions (clockwise or anti-clockwise) and see if that spot disappears or not or maybe changes the position.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 23:59   #12056
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You need to spend some time in the night to get this beam adjusted properly, whatever additional light you add needs to work with the main headlamp beam, else it will disturb your vision.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 10:33   #12057
BHPian

Greetings,
I have an S cross Zeta and the headlight output is weak.
I upgraded to Osram Night Breaker Laser H 7 bulbs whose output is slightly better, but I still yearn for more.
I'm contemplating of upgrading to S cross Alpha variants' headlight assembly. But, a pair of them are priced close to 50 thousand.
I have come across Lumax Headlights priced at approx 13k each.
Has any bhpian used it on their car?
If yes, then how is the output.
Thanks in advance.
Attaching image for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-screenshot_20210425102024__01.jpg  

Old 25th April 2021, 10:59   #12058
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchvan View Post
I'm contemplating of upgrading to S cross Alpha variants' headlight assembly. But, a pair of them are priced close to 50 thousand.
Thanks in advance.
Folks on this forum were not very happy with the stock HID headlamps of the Alpha variant too (search on the S-Cross review thread). For this upgrade, you might have to change the wiring too and in my opinion, it is not worth the investment.

I would rather suggest HID projector fog lamps which several owners have upgraded to and have been happy with the final output (again, search the forum and you will find more details). I have seen one such Alpha variant with HID projector fog lamps. In terms of performance, the fog lamps outshine the headlights by good margin.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 01:00   #12059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchvan View Post
Greetings,
I have an S cross Zeta and the headlight output is weak.
I upgraded to Osram Night Breaker Laser H 7 bulbs whose output is slightly better, but I still yearn for more.
Thanks in advance.
Hi Matchvan,

I think Ashis 89 has answered your question and I whole heartedly agree with him. I drove one of the first few S Cross Alphas (2015 Dec model) on a longish trip and found the headlights to be pathetic.

I have just fitted Bi-Xenon projector fog lamps on my Honda Br-V and am quite happy with the results. I also have HID bulbs on the low beam projector set up.

Please do not waste your money on the S-Cross Alpha headlights and Philips Extreme / Extreme Plus / Night Breaker etc. etc. Been there, done that.

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 12:12   #12060
BHPian

Hi Experts,

I have purchased 3 inch universal Fog Lamp projector from FE Retrofit for my new Thar.
But the stock fog lamp is 19 Watts and HID kit is 55 Watts.
Does anyone know if the stock fog lamp wiring can handle 55 Watts as stock head light wiring can handle 55/60 Watts?

I know the ideal way is to install a single beam relay. But its difficult to source.

I am installing it myself and will write my DIY experiences as a separate post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks