Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2013, 18:34   #1201
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
The extra features are only available on the Ambition variant, though one can pay for the add-on sand get them on any other model, with the exception of the navigation system with wireless reverse camera.

This apparently is because the navigation system is Škoda-branded, and one is sent with every leisure edition. That's what the sales people told me, but I haven't verified it from any other dealership.
I spoke to a dealership today, they told me that they are ready to give the navigator, parking sensors and leatherette seat covers with the Elegance, but they won't be able to provide the rear camera and door sills. All this for no extra cost.
When I asked what kind of discounts they were offering, they told me that all they would give me is free insurance. This is strange because I thought that there were heavy discounts on the Rapid currently. I think with a little more negotiation, one can get a better deal.
Old 23rd September 2013, 19:44   #1202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
I spoke to a dealership today, they told me that they are ready to give the navigator, parking sensors and leatherette seat covers with the Elegance, but they won't be able to provide the rear camera and door sills. All this for no extra cost.
When I asked what kind of discounts they were offering, they told me that all they would give me is free insurance. This is strange because I thought that there were heavy discounts on the Rapid currently. I think with a little more negotiation, one can get a better deal.
This is what I got in Bangalore when I bought my Rapid last month.

Free EW + Drive assure.
4D Premium mats
Rear parking sensors with camera
External Paint protection
Navigation
Leather seat for 7K (quoted price was 16K)
Rear Spoiler for 7K (quoted price was 9.5K I think).

The total OTR price for Elegance TDi was 12.18 (including EW & DA). I got it for about 11.35L.
I decided to change the HU with a touchscreen player. The dealer had a nice unit (green Hiwe) with in-built navigation, rear camera etc. It also acts as a tab (I can remove the face plate and use it as a tab). He quoted 56K. After some negotiation I got it for 40K(includes buy back for the Skoda swing player and other freebies like the rear camera & navigation which became redundant). I also upgraded the speakers to Ground zero for about 1K more.

Last edited by shivasuma : 23rd September 2013 at 19:52.
shivasuma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 01:01   #1203
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe the Rapid discounts are around 60K acc. to Autobahn when I enquired recently.

Was deciding between the Vento and the Rapid, and leaning strongly towards the Vento for a change. Getting a similar on-road price, leatherette seat covers (OE fit similar to Jetta HL I believe - much much MUCH better than the aftermarket leatherette I saw on the display Vento), nicer interiors, and a louder horn .
Hopefully a tyre swap should make the ride better - just got to figure out the NVH.
Old 25th September 2013, 05:43   #1204
Senior - BHPian

Reading Through the official review again confirmed my impression that the rear suspension is noisy and there is a noticeable amount of road noise to which the rear side passengers are subjected.

I will most likely swap the tyres for Yokohamas immediately (at the dealer or should I go to a dedicated tyre shop?), but also wanted to check if the 3M under-body coating is recommended. This is especially since the car comes with an anti-corrosion warranty, and the family feels it is not therefore necessary.
Old 25th September 2013, 06:48   #1205
BHPian

Quote:
Reading Through the official review again confirmed my impression that the rear suspension is noisy and there is a noticeable amount of road noise to which the rear side passengers are subjected. I will most likely swap the tyres for Yokohamas immediately (at the dealer or should I go to a dedicated tyre shop?), but also wanted to check if the 3M under-body coating is recommended. This is especially since the car comes with an anti-corrosion warranty, and the family feels it is not therefore necessary.
You can go to any tyre shop and they will do buy-back. They will adjust price with new set of tires. If you know any tyre shop, you can keep them informed about your upgrade/change, they will help accordingly.

Underbody coating is not required for Rapid. Don't waste your money on it.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 13:54   #1206
BHPian

In Chennai, Gurudev motors - mount road, there seem to be no discount except for insurance. I am being offered AMBITION+ 1.6 CR (LSR) model for 1,110,694 rs - 39,536 rs = 10.71L. With Ambition model I get the following - 15inch alloy wheels+ tyres (apollo), leatherette seat covers, navigation, rear parking sensors plus camera and door sills.

Wanted to check if people are getting any other discount other than insurance?
Old 28th September 2013, 22:10   #1207
BHPian

Saw the Rapid pleasure and High end version on Times Auto expo in Bangalore. This car was always in my wish list. But was surprised to see the interior plastic quality. doesn't do justice for 10 lak+ car. The driver and passenger hand rest on the doors doesn't have nice fabric inserts [even on high end] and it is pretty rough. The plastics are too hard and color combo is not good. With a monster of engine under its hood, Skoda can improve the interiors of this car to get some sales volumes.

Thanks, Prakash.
Old 29th September 2013, 23:57   #1208
Senior - BHPian

Saw a Rapid with the new Skoda logo. Have they
Old 2nd October 2013, 01:35   #1209
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Rapid with the new logo now have a new deletion - The second key is a regular (non-folding) key, without remote. The price of a folding key fob with remote access buttons is 18K!!!
Old 2nd October 2013, 14:05   #1210
BHPian

Quote:
Skoda Rapid with the new logo now have a new deletion - The second key is a regular (non-folding) key, without remote. The price of a folding key fob with remote access buttons is 18K!!!
That is soo cost cutting. Dont understand where Skoda is heading towards!

I see few people buy new Rapid, but never seen anything talking about secondary key.
Old 2nd October 2013, 15:31   #1211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post

That is soo cost cutting.
Not really, they have added leather wrapping for the steering wheel and gear lever.

Ps. The new logo looks cool, high quality, with the logo in raised chrome on a black background.
Old 3rd October 2013, 14:29   #1212
BHPian

Just came back from Europa Auto Pune, had to get the air filter replaced and oil topped up. I had read up on the oil discussion and was hoping to get a VW507 oil -- Castrol Longlife III. But surprisingly Europa Auto only stocks Shell and only Helix Ultra Extra CR 5W30.

Now from what I read 5W40 is what you need for the OIL to be VW507 compliant. When inquiring about 5w40 he partially said you could get it from outside and do it yourself and would need to carry the oil when you came in for service. Then went on to say that he will need to check with the manager for this. He also kind of agreed that 5w40 was better but we don't stock it.

So what's the verdict on this ? I read that Bangalore Skoda stored Castrol Magnatec and they also have LonglifeIII if you ask for it. Strange how everyone's is trying to do their own thing and not sticking to VW's guidelines.

I also read that Skoda and Shell got divorced, then how is it that the Shop here is still only doing Shell. Strange.

B.T.W --> Having up'd the oil and a new air filter the car is performing like a dream again. Thanks to the remap, and the new air filter the engine can know breathe better.
Old 3rd October 2013, 16:31   #1213
BHPian

This month (16th October) my car insurance will expire and I got below quotation from Bajaj Allianz. Totally I have to pay only, Rs. 17,171/-.

Wanted to check whether this is good or I can get a cheaper one outside?
Attached Images

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 3rd October 2013 at 16:32.
Old 3rd October 2013, 21:10   #1214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
This month (16th October) my car insurance will expire and I got below quotation from Bajaj Allianz. Totally I have to pay only, Rs. 17,171/-.

Wanted to check whether this is good or I can get a cheaper one outside?
I think this is missing the Skoda assure bit, the zero dep of allianz they call it Skoda Assure. That will add around 3K to the total but should be worth it.

-Santosh
Old 5th October 2013, 01:48   #1215
BHPian

Hi! I need help regarding the change of headlights to projectors of fabia (monte carlo)

I was wondering if we could go for fabia scout's headlight wiring harness alongwith the Scout's projector headlights as Scout had projectors. In that case the monte carlo lights would become a plug n play affair without requiring splicing of wires or adding any additional circuitry.

Now, the question is, is there a separate wiring harness for the headlights of fabia scout and rapid that can be changed from one another. And whether that can be ordered from Skoda separately or is it the complete wiring for the entire car? My dealer is least interested in providing me any information on this issue! Would anyone be having any idea of this? If possible please check with your dealer about this option and the cost?

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks