Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2016, 10:46   #3961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
No. It's plug and play. As long as your car is post 2014. Even if it isn't, it's still plug and play, but illuminated buttons of your steering may not work.

Hi Frank,
Is it a plug and play in Skoda cars too? I have a Skoda Rapid Elegance Plus DSG March 2015 model.

Thanks
kiran_cr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 20:08   #3962
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
My polo tdi 2016 comes with 2 remote keys.
Now, that really is a surprise to me but good for you. Could any new 2016 TSI owners confirm whether they received 2 remote keys ?
Old 3rd August 2016, 20:12   #3963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
Now, that really is a surprise to me but good for you. Could any new 2016 TSI owners confirm whether they received 2 remote keys ?
Only one remote key is what I got.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 20:27   #3964
BHPian

Quote:
I got my GT Tsi early feb 2016. I got one remote and one manual key
Old 3rd August 2016, 22:44   #3965
BHPian

Yes I reconfirm, my both keys are remote ones. Am i given a favor here from VW ?
Old 3rd August 2016, 22:46   #3966
BHPian

Quote:
Got my new 2016 GT Tsi on 25th of February.
One remote key and one ordinary key were given.
Old 3rd August 2016, 23:14   #3967
BHPian

The GT twins get one remote key and a regular key as spare, whereas the Highline gets two remote keys. Strange, but true.
BigBrad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 11:59   #3968
BHPian

Got my GT Tsi in March 2016 and I too have only one remote key. Another thing I noticed was that the headlight switch in Polo Highline had a nice metallic finish while the one in my car is regular plastic.
karan85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 13:49   #3969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Only one remote key is what I got.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
I got my GT Tsi early feb 2016. I got one remote and one manual key
Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
Yes I reconfirm, my both keys are remote ones. Am i given a favor here from VW ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
Got my new 2016 GT Tsi on 25th of February.
One remote key and one ordinary key were given.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karan85 View Post
Got my GT Tsi in March 2016 and I too have only one remote key. Another thing I noticed was that the headlight switch in Polo Highline had a nice metallic finish while the one in my car is regular plastic.
I just can't fathom this kind of inconsistency from VW. What is the genius logic behind this? Not only this we have innumerable examples in this long 265 page thread of several silly deletions to the GT twins when same made available on much lesser priced Highline variant. I understand lot of these decisions taken considering current market dynamics and keeping commercial viability but how does someone explain giving 2 remote/smart keys for TDI but not to same priced TSI. Would love to meet that knucklehead behind this decision. Now that I have lost the remote key, I have to shell out 12K to get the new re-coded smart key. Apparently my B2B insurance doesn't have that add on

Last week I scrapped my GT underbelly on one of those rainy nights here in Bangalore with 5 on board!! This was right on Richmond circle signal where there was a huge pothole which I failed to notice as it was heavily raining. My car literally went inside the pit and came out. This is one of the main roads in CBD mind you, the way our government treat us after paying HUGE tax Man, I so much regret that ride. I am yet to inspect the damage but paint under front bumper is almost gone!!
Question to fellow owners; has anyone installed engine guard/sump guard on there TSI?
AFAIK sumpguard was provided on earlier GT twins but discontinued later on (another one of those cost cutting decisions??). Knowing how brutal our road conditions are I always wanted this, infact I had asked SA to install it before taking my car delivery but he discouraged it stating VW don't recommend it on this Turbo engine. I know this engine heats up pretty fast but SA didn't give a satisfactory answer. Would love to get some insights on this.
Old 4th August 2016, 16:23   #3970
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... ... how does someone explain giving 2 remote/smart keys for TDI but not to same priced TSI. Would love to meet that knucklehead behind this decision.
My TDI: 2014/1.6, one remote key. At first I was disappointed, then I recalled that the second remote for my previous car had spent its entire life in our spare-key box.
Quote:
Now that I have lost the remote key, I have to shell out 12K to get the new re-coded smart key.
Thankfully, I never needed that second key. Others are not so lucky. Sorry about your loss.

Of course, many families have more than one driver, and more than one key kept with a person, rather than in one place for the car.
Quote:
Last week I scrapped my GT underbelly on one of those rainy nights here in Bangalore with 5 on board!! This was right on Richmond circle signal where there was a huge pothole which I failed to notice as it was heavily raining. My car literally went inside the pit and came out.
Sorry about this too. Is there any break in the underseal? Are you going it get any work done? I recommend making sure that that underbody treatment is not scarred, lest rust should start.
Old 4th August 2016, 16:59   #3971
BHPian

Quote:
Now that I have lost the remote key, I have to shell out 12K to get the new re-coded smart key. Apparently my B2B insurance doesn't have that add on
These guys do it at a fraction of the official cost

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ri-mumbai.html

Only you'd need to make a trip to Mumbai
nova9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 16:44   #3972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilkhurana View Post
My car if from Sept 2013. Is it hit and trial or can I get to know that before hand without using VAG-COM cable ?

Hi, I sourced it from a Mexican dealer ( vwrtuning on ebay.com). Details are there in Gannu_1's DIY report on steering upgrade. Link
Hi sahilkhurana,

I have a May '13 GT TSI and got the steering replaced last December. I did not need a VAG COM cable to get the wheel to work properly, it was a simple plug and play. I had procured it from the same dealer that you mentioned.

Have fun with the new wheel and the paddles.
aditya9567 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 20:15   #3973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
My TDI: 2014/1.6, one remote key. At first I was disappointed, then I recalled that the second remote for my previous car had spent its entire life in our spare-key box.
Thankfully, I never needed that second key.
Same here, spare key never came out for my earlier car in the 6 years of ownership. I am known to be very care full with my cars but you can't control everybody/everything around you sometimes

Quote:
Is there any break in the underseal? Are you going it get any work done? I recommend making sure that that underbody treatment is not scarred, lest rust should start.
I don't think there is any major damage, have sparsely driven it after the incident but will get thoroughly checked soon.

I found answer to my question on this very thread
Quote:
Question to fellow owners; has anyone installed engine guard/sump guard on there TSI?
BHP'n Rohan has installed sumpgaurd on his TSI, details here. Thanks for sharing the details and part number. I am getting it installed during my next month visit to service center for 1st annual service.
Old 6th August 2016, 09:45   #3974
BHPian

My sales assistant told that in GT TSI, the extra spoiler and black colored mirrors, etc was given by extracting the cost from the second spare key by making it a normal one :P . Who knows, may be VW really thought like that !!
Old 6th August 2016, 10:23   #3975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
My sales assistant told that in GT TSI, the extra spoiler and black colored mirrors, etc was given by extracting the cost from the second spare key by making it a normal one :P . Who knows, may be VW really thought like that !!
Why not add the manual gear shift lever too?! :-)
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks