Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2018, 11:39   #766
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishnuk View Post
Not sure if any of the Compass owners on this forum, experienced this " Jeep Wave" from FCA / their dealer. This initiative looks good, but sadly even with their limited user base, looks like they have not adhered to it.
I had the same issue. No Jeep merchandize. If they are advertising it on the website, they should get on with it. They even called me to confirm my home address for a 'surprise' gift, weeks before delivery. I did get a surprise delivery of 'nothing'.

I had written to Mangesh who heads FCA after sales operation, and told him that their Jeep Wave was partial, with no merchandize; even when their website advertised otherwise.

He acknowledged the issue a month and a half back. So now I have an authentic Jeep acknowledgement of my issue. I will try to think of the acknowledgement as a merchandize and try to be happy.
Caesar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 10:18   #767
Senior - BHPian

Quick question to Jeep Owners in Bangalore. My Uncle has finalized on buying the Jeep Compass 4x2 Limited Diesel and will be making the booking in Feb 2018.

I see that KHT has a monopoly in Bangalore due to the fact that they own both the Koramangala Sales Outlet as well as the Yeshwanthpur outlet.

However, based on experience and information so far, which of the two is the better of the two from a Sales experience perspective? Is there a difference at all or should we go to whichever is nearby?
Old 17th January 2018, 07:26   #768
BHPian

After driving just under 3000kms in the past 45 days, couple of things that I have noticed that other buyers may want to keep note of:
  1. Lots of Jeep owners stall the vehicle in first gear (could also be the cause of Compasses with burnt clutches in b2b traffic.. they must be riding the clutch a lot to prevent the stall that they know is coming)
  2. Spirited driving gives 6.5kpl :( on 4x4 diesel, efficient driving inside the city got me max of 11kpl (both with ACs at 18C).. no highway cruises yet
  3. High speed turns causes the steering to move in the direction opposite to the one you are steering towards (roll mitigation?) which was scary because I wasn't expecting it
  4. Hill Climb assist seems to only work on certain inclines for me(not on slight inclines)
  5. HID bi-xenon headlamps are amazing, halogen headlamps are not
  6. Showroom offers a gunmetal shade paint for stock alloys which are neat (something around ₹6,500 incl. of taxes)
  7. Sturdy build tested. I accidentally backed up against a thick metal rod jutting out from the road and it deeply scratched my driver side door while bending that rod the other way. A guy came over later and said an Etios tried to do the same thing a week back, but ended up with a rip through the door and the bumper pulled out but the rod hadn't moved.
di1in is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th January 2018, 10:16   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
After driving just under 3000kms in the past 45 days, couple of things that I have noticed that other buyers may want to keep note of:
High speed turns causes the steering to move in the direction opposite to the one you are steering towards (roll mitigation?) which was scary because I wasn't expecting it
Come to think of it, I am not sure if #3 was haptic feedback or just vehicle torque but it was still scary at first when faced by a guy used to driving around a 2002 OHC.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th January 2018 at 17:46. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 17th January 2018, 11:16   #770
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Come to think of it, I am not sure if #3 was haptic feedback or just vehicle torque but it was still scary at first when faced by a guy used to driving around a 2002 OHC.
The Compass has DST (Dynamic steering torque) assist which pulls the steering in the direction in which it should be pulled to aid stability. This could be what you felt in this situation. For a person experiencing it first time it feels as if the car is oversteering but this is a corrective technology assist which helps maintain control in fast turns.
Old 17th January 2018, 15:45   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
However, based on experience and information so far, which of the two is the better of the two from a Sales experience perspective? Is there a difference at all or should we go to whichever is nearby?
I took mine from their Koramangala ( Domlur) outlet as the Yeswantpur outlet had not yet opened at that time. It was way too crowded in July/ August and they were struggling to give test rides. I pass by the outlet every day on my way to office, have noticed that its not so crowded these days and they have quite a few demo cars now. I found the sales guy to be pretty knowledgeable and well behaved. Even in all that rush, he explained all the features patiently , arranged for 3 test rides before I did the booking and just hung around without disturbing us during the test rides, answering questions only when asked.

If you did read some of the earlier posts, you would have noticed that delivery was given along with some sweets / cake & a key chain to some members, well that was not the case with me. No cake / sweets / key chain / even a ribbon on the car, I just got the two key fob's & a "Thank you sir" . This despite telling them, that I would be taking delivery of the car on my son's birthday. Delivery experience was something, which was not even close to what I had expected after paying more than 2 Million INR Don't know if this has changed now.

Been to their Yeswantpur outlet after taking delivery, as their service facility is in the same location. Its a new facility and is decently done up. However, unless you live in that part of town / want to have a chat with the service guys, I suggest that you go to their Kormangala outlet.
Vishnuk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2018, 15:59   #772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishnuk View Post
Been to their Yeswantpur outlet after taking delivery, as their service facility is in the same location. Its a new facility and is decently done up. However, unless you live in that part of town / want to have a chat with the service guys, I suggest that you go to their Kormangala outlet.
Thanks for the feedback. We took the Test Drive at Yeshwantpur KHT Prime outlet (URL) and the experience was OK/average.

Yet to see the Domlur outlet, will possibly drop in once there as well and see how things are before the final decision.

From what you say since the Service outlet is anyway Yeshwantpur, it may make sense to pick up the vehicle from there itself. Don't live in that area but Metro Connectivity is good to Yeshwantpur and I think the Metro Station is hardly 200 m from the Jeep outlet which would save us from the BLR traffic in Yeshwantpur
area...

Any idea on the Wait Times in Bangalore? And what was the booking amount you paid?

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 17th January 2018 at 16:02.
Old 18th January 2018, 11:46   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Thanks for the feedback. We took the Test Drive at Yeshwantpur KHT Prime
Any idea on the Wait Times in Bangalore? And what was the booking amount you paid?
Booking amount I paid was INR 50,000. No idea on the current wait times, you should check with the sales guy as it depends on the current stock they have.
I booked a variant which they had in stock & got it invoiced before the GST hike.
Vishnuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2018, 21:29   #774
BHPian

Anyone here has registered for Jeep trails, Goa? Any communication after successful payment other than payment acknowledgement? Heard that some guys have got a call.
Old 19th January 2018, 09:53   #775
BHPian

Finally I got a call from FCA for feedback on the Jeep Compass, about 24 hrs ago. Here is how it goes-

Lady: Good morning sir. I am calling from Fiat Chrysler and this call is regarding feedback on Jeep Compass.

Me: Sure. Please go ahead.

Lady: Could you confirm your email address please?

Me: Yes. it is XXXXXXXXXX@gmail.com

Lady: Thanks sir. Please share your feedback on the email you receive

Me: Thanks.

Now, the wait for the email begins. Good to see being kept engaged. Last time it was to confirm my home address so that imaginary 'surprise' gifts could be sent. This time it is for an imaginary email.
The car is very real though; and a lot of fun during the day time.
Caesar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 15:24   #776
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
Now, the wait for the email begins. Good to see being kept engaged. Last time it was to confirm my home address so that imaginary 'surprise' gifts could be sent. This time it is for an imaginary email.
The car is very real though; and a lot of fun during the day time.
Turns out that it ain't an imaginary email. I received it this afternoon and it a very detailed and elaborate survey. Believe the questionnaire has been well thought about and I hope FCA would act upon the responses.
h14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 20:17   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atin_k View Post
Saw some black stuff on front wheel, both on left and right wheels; attached are images of both wheels. 2 weeks old vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
That's the brake dust. Looks like you've been doing a lot of spirited driving and hard braking.
You should see the black dust accumulated in XUV500. And you can take my word on that, it does not require any spirited driving & hard braking.
Old 20th January 2018, 12:27   #778
BHPian

How is the Compass clutch?Is it too heavy in city driving?

I was inclined towards an automatic transmission(non Jeep) but can consider the manual if it is not too cumbersome to drive.
Old 20th January 2018, 13:31   #779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
How is the Compass clutch?Is it too heavy in city driving?

I was inclined towards an automatic transmission(non Jeep) but can consider the manual if it is not too cumbersome to drive.

If not in a hurry, wait on. You should have the diesel Auto available on the Compass.

I personally think that FCA is messing up the launch of the diesel automatic. I have known people who waited till now for the diesel auto and have now booked the Tucson and Innova. At this price point a need for an automatic is a given.

FCA committed to a Jan launch and looks like they are going to delay.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2018, 17:57   #780
BHPian

Thanks Arjun.

Has anyone in Team-BHP bought the Jeep Petrol AT?I know the engine is not anywhere near the diesel but it is convenient.Only whether the mileage in city would be near 5kmpl.Am ok with anything above 7 kmpl.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks