Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2021, 18:11   #2941
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhisheksinh View Post
The rattling noise from my compass has already started
Looks like this is an issue with a couple of 2021 models. Even a test drive vehicle at landmark jeep Gurugram had rattling noises from the rear right side speaker. I wonder if Jeep has identified or is even aware of this problem yet.

Also for compass petrol automatic owners in Bengaluru, would greatly appreciate if anyone can provide mileage figures. If someone can provide the pre-pandemic figures that would be even better.
I know petrol mileage figures have been discussed before but I want to specifically ask for Bengaluru because this place has the worst traffic I’ve ever seen (It used to take me 1 hour to cover 6km on my daily route to office before the pandemic).
Old 3rd November 2021, 19:53   #2942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhisheksinh View Post
TThe rattling noise from my compass has already started
From where are you getting the ratting noise ? I thought that issue was resolved post July.

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd November 2021 at 20:04. Reason: Fixing quotes.
Old 4th November 2021, 12:08   #2943
BHPian

I have a rattling problem from top right roof. It becomes prominent on bad roads. I have to get the roof patched again and I am not willing to let them touch my new roof assembly. I will live with the rattle. It goes away when I press a few things and with music it is barely a problem.
Old 4th November 2021, 14:12   #2944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhatt View Post
I have a rattling problem from top right roof. It becomes prominent on bad roads. I have to get the roof patched again and I am not willing to let them touch my new roof assembly. I will live with the rattle. It goes away when I press a few things and with music it is barely a problem.
It would be the grab handle and not the roof. A friend of mine had a similar issue last year. Don’t think there will be a rattle from the roof. Just check that once
Old 6th November 2021, 19:10   #2945

I have been jumping from an MG Hector (which is spacious but eventually canceled the booking coz it feels too big for Bangalore traffic) to a Jeep Compass with a Harrier in between.

The petrol 1.4 DDCT would have suited my driving (mostly city with long highways once in a couple of months), and try as I might to find it a better fit, decided to drop the idea because it just doesn't seem to have the pulling power and constant pull of the diesel.

The car itself feels great, and very thoughtfully done, except for missing things in the Limited variant (like wireless charger or TPMS).

Petrol owners, what is your take on driving it inside the city?
Old 6th November 2021, 20:44   #2946
BHPian

Has anyone of you all received a letter or any mail confirmation on the extended warranty ? I had bought the car last month and have not received anything so far
Old 7th November 2021, 11:19   #2947

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekMushran View Post
Has anyone of you all received a letter or any mail confirmation on the extended warranty ? I had bought the car last month and have not received anything so far
I received the email within 4 days vehicle delivery.
Arvind_Alloli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 11:39   #2948
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone of you all received a letter or any mail confirmation on the extended warranty ?
Took delivery by 7th Aug and got the extended warranty certificate via whatsapp by 10th Aug. Got the same by e-mail as well.

Last edited by hypermiler : 7th November 2021 at 11:48.
Old 7th November 2021, 11:40   #2949
BHPian

Quote:
There is a proper Mopar extended warranty certificate which is issued mentioning the Vehicle details, VIN number and dates of the extended warranty. Please follow up with your dealer for the same. Should be done within 1-2 days of paying for the extended warranty.
Old 7th November 2021, 12:29   #2950

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthp3 View Post
I have been jumping from an MG Hector (which is spacious but eventually canceled the booking coz it feels too big for Bangalore traffic) to a Jeep Compass with a Harrier in between.

The petrol 1.4 DDCT would have suited my driving (mostly city with long highways once in a couple of months), and try as I might to find it a better fit, decided to drop the idea because it just doesn't seem to have the pulling power and constant pull of the diesel.

The car itself feels great, and very thoughtfully done, except for missing things in the Limited variant (like wireless charger or TPMS).

Petrol owners, what is your take on driving it inside the city?
I bought my Sport Petrol 1.4 DCT last week. My requirements were similar as yours. Hence went ahead with this model. I am enjoying every moment of driving in Bangalore City and it suits perfect.
Arvind_Alloli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 12:51   #2951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypermiler View Post
Took delivery by 7th Aug and got the extended warranty certificate via whatsapp by 10th Aug. Got the same by e-mail as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoter View Post
There is a proper Mopar extended warranty certificate which is issued mentioning the Vehicle details, VIN number and dates of the extended warranty. Please follow up with your dealer for the same. Should be done within 1-2 days of paying for the extended warranty.
Great thanks just spoke to the service advisor he said he will get me the warranty certificate by tomorrow
Old 7th November 2021, 13:41   #2952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvind_Alloli View Post
I bought my Sport Petrol 1.4 DCT last week. My requirements were similar as yours. Hence went ahead with this model. I am enjoying every moment of driving in Bangalore City and it suits perfect.
Hi Arvind, what mileage have you been getting so far?
Old 7th November 2021, 19:29   #2953
BHPian

My friend recently bought a Limited Petrol 1.4 DCT a couple of months ago. He commutes around the Bellandur area where apparently metro construction has made the traffic scene worse. In spite of resorting to driving best practices and being light on the foot, he's getting only 5-6 kmpl in Bangalore traffic. Can Petrol DCT owners in Bangalore comment on this mileage? Are you folks seeing similar ranges too or is my friend missing something here?
shibulijack is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 03:11   #2954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibulijack View Post
In spite of resorting to driving best practices and being light on the foot, he's getting only 5-6 kmpl in Bangalore traffic. Can Petrol DCT owners in Bangalore comment on this mileage? Are you folks seeing similar ranges too or is my friend missing something here?
I did not own a Jeep, however, my old Linea T Jet used a derivative of the same engine that's on the Jeep. I used to get no more than 9kmpl in the city cycle. I've seen it drop to 7kmpl, as on some days of the week, the stationary time of the car would be as long as 30 minutes at traffic lights and traffic jams! I never turn off the engine as it would get quite stuffy inside. The aircon was always running. The combination of a heavier vehicle + DCT on the same engine can only mean lower mileage. Does not come as a surprise. There isn't much you can do about it. I assume you can only drive with a light foot as there is so much traffic.
Old 8th November 2021, 10:10   #2955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibulijack View Post
My friend recently bought a Limited Petrol 1.4 DCT a couple of months ago. He commutes around the Bellandur area where apparently metro construction has made the traffic scene worse. In spite of resorting to driving best practices and being light on the foot, he's getting only 5-6 kmpl in Bangalore traffic. Can Petrol DCT owners in Bangalore comment on this mileage? Are you folks seeing similar ranges too or is my friend missing something here?
An apt comparison would be with what others are getting on the same route in turbo petrol/NA petrol cars. Your friend would probably know people travelling the same route.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks