Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2022, 19:47   #1501
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Hello Creta owners:

I'm in the market for a new car and have finally narrowed down my choice to Creta top end DCT or Creta top end Diesel AT.

I test drove both models and I found that the Diesel AT was also quite responsive to drive - I was apprehensive that the may be a lag, but I would rate this as almost 85-90% as good as the DCT in terms of response. While I appreciate and expect good acceleration from standstill and enough power to overtake at anytime, I am not so much of an enthusiast that I need to surge ahead at every opportunity and in every gap I see. For this purpose, the AT was more than sufficient with enough power available on tap anytime. The only issue which the Sales agent also pointed out was that we can clearly hear the engine being raised when we are accelerating from a complete halt - this is only for maybe 1st and 2nd gear, and goes away once you cross say 20km/hr speed. However, the engine is sweet to hear and so this sound didn't bother me even though it is noticeable.

In terms of mileage, the display showed an FE of 7 km/l on the DCT while it showed 14 km/l for the Diesel

Also, I felt that the brakes of both vehicles were little soft. After being used to an Innova Crysta and a Honda City, where breaking is almost instantaneous when the pedal is pressed hard, I found that Creta took some bit of time to come to a slow halt. Not sure if this is due to the brake quality of test drive vehicles or this is because of disc brakes on all wheels? The Sales agent also advised me to double pump to achieve immediate braking.

There also seemed to be a bit of body roll when I test drove today - felt a slight floating sensation which I didn't feel when I test drove the Diesel MT couple of days back. Not sure if this happened because today I drove primarily over a concrete road with regular joints.

Also, wanted to pointed out that I haven't considered Seltos as the huge number of creases and cuts on the body seems to give it an alien / undefinable shape whereas the curves on the Creta are more fluid - I understand this is highly subjective and polarising!! And the only key additional features in Seltos can be purchased aftermarket (360 camera and front parking sensors). The real difference seems to be the colour choices in Seltos and the better quality of interior finish, but I can live with that.

So, to conclude this post, I am heavily leaning towards the Diesel AT considering long term reliability of the gear box and the fuel efficiency it brings. Also considering the Knight Edition in Polar While or Dual Tone colour (with all black interiors and leather seats). I havent seen the new Denim Blue on the streets or in the showroom yet, though I am told that its similar to the Venue. While black colour also looks good, I am concerned that over a period of time, all other dark colours will start to fade more than white.

Would love to hear your thoughts and feedback on the above.

Last edited by contentedbloke : 10th May 2022 at 19:51.
contentedbloke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 11:33   #1502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
This is just atrocious pricing for a NA 1.5 Petrol version. Not that its reasonable for other powerplants but this one is just way too worse. The Creta and most other cars are overpriced relative to their value proposition. But we are living in a strange period right now where manufacturers are barely able to deliver cars and promise to get the fancy features installed later.
Isnt the atrocious pricing because of the Tax. For example ex showroom price for my Creta SX Executive Petrol was 13.34 and the tax was 45%. So basically you are getting all that in 9lakh car. Considering the complains I have on some panels and missing feature it looks worse for a 15lakh lakh car but not for a 9lakh car. This is how I justify the price I paid.
Old 11th May 2022, 12:13   #1503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisekbit View Post
Isnt the atrocious pricing because of the Tax. For example ex showroom price for my Creta SX Executive Petrol was 13.34 and the tax was 45%. So basically you are getting all that in 9lakh car. Considering the complains I have on some panels and missing feature it looks worse for a 15lakh lakh car but not for a 9lakh car. This is how I justify the price I paid.
Considering ex factory price + GST+RTO taxes etc and adding our income tax we pay, we have to earn 25L to buy a car which costs 10L to the company at factory!

As long as govt consider car as luxury segment and keeps taxing it at every level, we will be at the receiving end. Taxes on fuel is just salt to the injury

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 11th May 2022 at 12:17.
Old 11th May 2022, 20:43   #1504
BHPian

Did anyone purchase the Creta Knight Edition and if yes, what's the waiting period of Knight edition? I've been quoted around 6 months of waiting period for Knight edition SX(O) Diesel AT by a new dealer in Hyderabad but they assured me that they might deliver the car sooner than what they've quoted.

I actually booked the Seltos GTX+ Diesel AT in the month of March and I've been quoted 18 weeks of waiting period on the day I booked the car and looking for Creta Knight Edition SX(O) Diesel AT as a next option.
Old 12th May 2022, 11:37   #1505

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Sorry to hear about your experience and hope it will be rectified soon. Make sure you send a detailed mail to the regional office.

HMIL South 1 Regional Office
(Tamil Nadu, Coimbatore, Madurai,Pondicherry, A&N)
Sales Support
Ms. Avanti
044-42204632
avanti@hmil.net
An update regarding this-

It has been a week since I sent an email to this email address, detailing my troubles with the dealer and my car, and attaching all the photos that was required. However, there has been zero response from this end as well, not even a single acknowledgement email.

I have resorted to calling up the HMIL helpline and was told to wait 48 hours for someone to call me back, which also hasn't happened at all. When calling uo today, they have promised a callback and have escalated my case, although I'm not sure if it'll help.

I'm just really disappointed with the way HMIL has been treating me, as if I'm nonexistent. If this is the way they're treating me for an infotainment system, I shudder to think how they'll treat me if something major were to happen (touchwood).

BHPians, please do advise me on my next steps. I am at a loss on how to proceed further.
Old 12th May 2022, 12:01   #1506
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizons View Post
I'm just really disappointed with the way HMIL has been treating me, as if I'm nonexistent. If this is the way they're treating me for an infotainment system, I shudder to think how they'll treat me if something major were to happen (touchwood).

BHPians, please do advise me on my next steps. I am at a loss on how to proceed further.
Unfortunately, this is what happened to me as well. I still haven't received any proper explanation to my incident.

But as for the regional office, I did get a call after a year. They responded immediately initially then no news. But I did send numerous mails to random Hyundai officials and they did internally took notice (local HASS did mention this to me). Maybe that's why they silently changed the ABS vendor in the new Creta.

Entire ordeal is captured here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ll-owners.html (Hyundai Creta: Serious brake failure issue (must-read for all owners))

Suggest you to frequently mail/call them.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 13:10   #1507

So I will be taking delivery of my Creta SX 1.5 MPi Manual in Phantom Black colour on June 1. I was looking for some suggestions from fellow BHPians regarding some accessories and modifications that I wanted to get.
  1. How is the quality of the seat covers provided by Hyundai from the dealership? How is the fitment and is it value for money?
  2. I wanted to get the diamond cut alloys from SXO installed. How much will they cost approximately if I get them from the dealer and exchange my stock ones?
  3. Don't want to spend too much at the moment. So what basic accessories would you guys recommend to get installed as a priority?
Any and all suggestions are welcome.
Also, since I'm buying the black colour, some tips on maintaining the original paint will be highly appreciated.
Old 14th May 2022, 23:14   #1508
BHPian

Hello all,
My query is regarding the color selection of Hyundai Creta. White is the most common color that people are opting for. For sure white is a no non sense color and easy to maintain even in case of touch ups due to occasional dings/scratches here and there. Black has also joined the popular colors list of Creta, now a days.
Selection of color is a complete personal perspective and agree with the same. My question is regarding the lava orange color in Creta. If anyone here is using this color, could you please update on how this color ages and how difficult it is to maintain lava orange.

Thanks.
Old 15th May 2022, 10:12   #1509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Hello all,
My query is regarding the color selection of Hyundai Creta. White is the most common color that people are opting for. For sure white is a no non sense color and easy to maintain even in case of touch ups due to occasional dings/scratches here and there. Black has also joined the popular colors list of Creta, now a days.
Selection of color is a complete personal perspective and agree with the same. My question is regarding the lava orange color in Creta. If anyone here is using this color, could you please update on how this color ages and how difficult it is to maintain lava orange.

Thanks.
Glad to see someone else looking at a different color other than white and black.
I was looking at mulberry red while booking but was told that it doesnt come in the DCT models and the closest was the lava orange. I am happy that I made that choice as it completely stood upto my expectations in terms of looks & road presence. It clearly stands out in the sea of white and black cretas on the roads.
Though I would say that it looks great with the dual tone avatar with the blackened C-pillar.
Mine is 1.5 yrs old now and I can say with a lot of confidence that it has aged well till now and will go the same a few years later as well. Have got ceramic coating done on my ride from feynlab and it also helps in keeping it shining after every wash.
One thing which i would like to share is that this colour shows a diff shade as orange while in bright sunlight and mostly red on cloudy and gloomy days.
Sharing a few pictures to help you get a perspective.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot_2022051510102017_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20201107_170515.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20201107_170450.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20210911_164016.jpg  

D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 10:40   #1510
BHPian

Guys, is there a 2022 facelift expected to be launched or is this already launched? And is the Knight edition part of this facelift?

I have just booked the knight edition and the sales guys says that this is the new creta (with newly introduced Denin Blue colour option also which is not yet seen in either roads or showroom). However lot of media saying that facelift is expected shortly.
contentedbloke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 12:42   #1511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
Though I would say that it looks great with the dual tone avatar with the blackened C-pillar.
Thanks a lot for your quick response with the pics. Your car is looking stunning in the dual tone avatar . The challenge I have now is that the dual tone shade in lava orange is no more available. Either I have to go for single tone in lava orange or to go for Knight edition. I am not really sure whether knight edition is available in that shade. Horrible waiting periods is one more headache as of now with Creta.
Hickstead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 12:45   #1512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contentedbloke View Post
Guys, is there a 2022 facelift expected to be launched or is this already launched? And is the Knight edition part of this facelift?

I have just booked the knight edition and the sales guys says that this is the new creta (with newly introduced Denin Blue colour option also which is not yet seen in either roads or showroom). However lot of media saying that facelift is expected shortly.
Knight edition is NOT a facelift, rather just a simple cosmetic upgrade just to pull in some buyers in the current avatar before the FACELIFT arrives which is expected by the end of this year.

Rumour has it that is will have a new face and a redesigned rear as well. Apart from this, the interiors too will be revamped and will probably sport the advance safety tech like the ADAS.

Hence, if you absolutely don't need a car right now, you should probably wait for the facelift to arrive.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 08:00   #1513
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamzeus View Post
Any and all suggestions are welcome.
Also, since I'm buying the black colour, some tips on maintaining the original paint will be highly appreciated.
OE alloys can be expensive. But do search this thread as I remember someone here upgrading their alloys.

1) Since your car is black, get a proper paint protection treatment done or ceramic. The best would be get PPF installed on some panels.
2) Get proper floor mats.
3) Dashcam

Quote:

Knight edition is just a midlife update. The proper facelift will have a whole new front (new Tucson style) with minor changes to the rear. They have already launched in Indonesia so it can be expected here in the 3-4 months, maybe during the festive season.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 11:55   #1514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So, to conclude this post, I am heavily leaning towards the Diesel AT considering long term reliability of the gear box and the fuel efficiency it brings. Also considering the Knight Edition in Polar While or Dual Tone colour (with all black interiors and leather seats). I havent seen the new Denim Blue on the streets or in the showroom yet, though I am told that its similar to the Venue. While black colour also looks good, I am concerned that over a period of time, all other dark colours will start to fade more than white.

Would love to hear your thoughts and feedback on the above.
I have a diesel AT and was in the same dilemma as yours. I would recommend you to go for it.

Diesel AT gives good driveability in city and the engine is well mated to the auto gearbox. The NVH is predominant only in the lower gears as you pointed out and it is smooth once you cross the initial gears. It is quite powerful on highways, and the sport mode/ paddle shifters make it a joy to drive.

The mileage is good (12 in city and 17 in highway) considering it is an automatic.

If your drive does not involve highway, you might face DPF issue which can be sorted out by following the manual. I have not faced it until now, 4400 kms in last 10 months, as my usage involves highway as well.

What is irritating is the build quality. Already started getting some rattling noise from the centre console on bad roads, but that is a common issue with Hyundai Creta top models. People are recommending using WD40, I have not tried it.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 17th May 2022 at 11:57.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 15:33   #1515
BHPian

Quote:

Knight Edition is not a facelift. The facelift is to be released in next few months but dealerships do not have a date as yet. I was in exact same boat, I had booked a Creta DCT Top End, and waited 4 months for delivery, but car wasn't being alloted. After that, I told the dealer that I would rather wait and have a face lifted version, but they did not have a clue. Finally I went ahead and booked an Alcazar as dealer was ready to get it allotted in a month's time. It is a wait and watch for now.

The reason I let go Creta's booking was that I did not want to but a 2 million rupee car and then have regret once facelift was launched in next few months, as it is supposed to be loaded with more features. Hence the switch to Alcazar which I am treating as Creta with higher boot space for now.
Ays7 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks