Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2021, 09:58   #2461
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

I booked Diesel Thar automatic on 11th September. Changed to Petrol on 24th October and got call from dealer yesterday that vehicle is allotted!! A very pleasant surprise indeed. Checked VIN number and it is October manufactured so no worries there.

I am looking for rear arm rest done. Requesting fellow pune forum members to share pointers if they have got it done earlier. Thanks!
alokk0912 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 11:12   #2462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriyanshSpeaks View Post
@Ketan ji, I read over the PDI thread that you’re going for it tommrow, even im going for my thar’s PDI day after tommrow. As we know that we’re in the same boat of having June manufactured vehicles allotted to us it’ll be of great help if you post the PDI experience and details tommrow once done. It’ll help me more day after when I go to check my vehicle out. Thanks in advance
Sure, I'll share the details, visiting the stock yard today in the noon. Any inputs on anything specific to look at during the PDI, are welcome.
I have had a couple of calls with the area sales manager and later he brought in area service manager as well to assure that the newness of the vehicle. It has indeed been billed delivered to the dealership this week. So, I've decided to go for the PDI and if I'm satisfied, I shall go ahead with the delivery.
Ketan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 11:15   #2463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post

Spike's article, and Wildon's thread that it's based out of, is from 2010
Had taken Spike for a short spin in the New Thar - He was happy with the current attrition but felt MM could have done better.

Best Regard & Drive Safe
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 11:37   #2464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
but felt MM could have done better.
There is always room for improvement

Did he highlight any particular areas?
Old 30th October 2021, 13:11   #2465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Had taken Spike for a short spin in the New Thar - He was happy with the current attrition but felt MM could have done better.
Thank you Nair Saab for the short spin, it was a pleasure to meet you and the new Thar in person.

The old Thar's complete development cost was less than the development cost of the dashboard of the new Thar, so naturally there are improvements. In the short drive, I noticed that the car bounced, electronics show signs of bugs, which I believe will be rectified over time. Lot of carryover components from other platforms, underground protection could have been better.

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 13:12   #2466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post

I suggest that you get in touch with customer care - missing a service schedule *can* become grounds for rejecting warranty claims, though M&M is not as stringent as a few other MNCs in our country
Managed to get the coupon code picture — the vehicle has gone for its first servicing at 1228 Kms. A few clarifications:

1. Does the ORVMs tend to protrude outside the casing at extreme angles? We were told that’s the case and not a problem to be fixed.

2. The CT latch has been a very strenuous affair — one hook decouples smoothly but the other (depending on which one is the 2nd latch to open) just doesn’t budge and needs extreme force/pressure to get it off. Any idea if it’s normal?

We drove from BLR to MUM and managed about 12 KMPL mileage on the AT P CT. So far, so good! Also tried off-roading for about 10 min in extreme slush/mud filled fields — couldn’t really go beyond a point, so had to take a U-turn.
Old 30th October 2021, 13:29   #2467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
A special package from down south. Will be getting it installed after Diwali. This should hopefully sort things out a great deal and give my back some good comfort as well.
A review will be on order soon enough.
Wow! A detailed review with the sourcing details would be appreciated for sure. Thar is a beast but the comfort is sorely missed.. TIA.
Old 30th October 2021, 14:05   #2468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
A special package from down south. Will be getting it installed after Diwali. This should hopefully sort things out a great deal and give my back some good comfort as well.
A review will be on order soon enough.
Great I was waiting for someone to install this and provide a genuine feedback.
When I went there to get underbody protection, these were on its way and was not available at the point in time.
What I was told is that, these are imported from UK and tuned here.
Did you get a feedback from anyone who has tried this extensively?
Old 30th October 2021, 15:12   #2469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Sure, I'll share the details, visiting the stock yard today in the noon. Any inputs on anything specific to look at during the PDI, are welcome.
I have had a couple of calls with the area sales manager and later he brought in area service manager as well to assure that the newness of the vehicle. It has indeed been billed delivered to the dealership this week. So, I've decided to go for the PDI and if I'm satisfied, I shall go ahead with the delivery.
Hope your PDI goes well and you approve the vehicle and get it home soon! Waiting for the PDI experience from your end.
Old 30th October 2021, 18:51   #2470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
1. Does the ORVMs tend to protrude outside the casing at extreme angles? We were told that’s the case and not a problem to be fixed.
This is normal, by "design"
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
2. The CT latch has been a very strenuous affair — one hook decouples smoothly but the other (depending on which one is the 2nd latch to open) just doesn’t budge and needs extreme force/pressure to get it off. Any idea if it’s normal?
It'll come with practice. There is a knack to unlatching/ latching them, and it took half a dozen times for me to get it right. Don't worry about it, just keep opening the top wherever you can
ph03n!x is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 10:54   #2471
BHPian

There is a fair amount of play and clanking sound from the brake pedal ever since I received the vehicle 2 weeks back. Did anyone check it during the service ? Hope the ASS will have a solution for this issue as this is a small irritant especially during city drives.
highwaypatrol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 11:16   #2472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriyanshSpeaks View Post
Hope your PDI goes well and you approve the vehicle and get it home soon! Waiting for the PDI experience from your end.
I'm done with the PDI. I don't find any issues. I see the tyres are 2021 make, second half of June and battery date is also June. I could see many other vehicles, most of them were from sequence number 39k and 40k range while their serial no. in the range of 34k or so, Serial no. for my vehicle is 24k range which makes sense since it's June manufactured.
I'm traveling now and shall share the pictures later today or tomorrow.

Last edited by vb-saan : 31st October 2021 at 14:20. Reason: Typos
Ketan is offline   (4) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 31st October 2021, 14:17   #2473
BHPian

The 7 month wait is finally getting over for the LX Petrol AT HT. Did a PDI yesterday. My sales guy was kind enough to bring it to the delivery area directly from the truck before I arrived so that I could have a good look. MRF shoes. It was a last minute dash just in time for fancy number booking with 15 mins to spare for the number of preference. Literally kept me on toes the entire day.

Delivery next week after number allocation and some essential accessories.

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-pxl_20211030_111513571.jpg

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-pxl_20211030_111522033.jpg

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-pxl_20211030_111546981.jpg
kutts is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 16:34   #2474

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I'm done with the PDI. I don't find any issues. I see the tyres are 2021 make, second half of June and battery date is also June. I could see many other vehicles, most of them were from sequence number 39k and 40k range while their serial no. in the range of 34k or so, Serial no. for my vehicle is 24k range which makes sense since it's June manufactured.
I'm traveling now and shall share the pictures later today or tomorrow.
Awaiting the pictures! I’m curious to know, did they have CZAR AT on or Wanderers?
Old 31st October 2021, 21:18   #2475
BANNED

I am an newbie and thank you team bhp to make me a part of your community. Yesterday I took TD of LX Petrol AT. SA told that waiting period is 8 months. I had a couple of calls with area sales manager and he also told the same. Is the waiting period more or less same everywhere.
Somz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks