Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2022, 17:57   #841
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
That's interesting Amit,
Did they mention which variants are available. During my original enquiries with both dealers in Chennai, they said they only had Style variant.

Since I was keen on L&K, I ended making a new booking and waiting now.
It was just a first call & I didn't enquire much. It was also going beyond my budget so I dropped the plans after the initial inquiry. If I heard it right there are 20+ copies available so I would assume that L&K is also one of them.
However, the taxes in Karnataka are very high compared to TN so the discount would be offset by it unless you are eligible for BH registration.
amit1agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 00:43   #842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
I have been looking at why the regular stalk operation wasn’t helping getting the wipers in service position.

Did try via stalk operations again didn’t work.

even wiper service position is now software controlled via the Center console.
Perhaps your specific query has been addressed already but still posting this in case it benefits others

Yes, the wipers come into service position through a slightly tedious selection of options in the screen and No, they do not do so with a flick of the wiper stalk (post ignition off) the way I was habituated to in my Polo

Pleased to discover that the wipers do indeed come to the service position if you hold down the wiper stalk (hold as in 2-3 seconds and not a flick) after you turn off the ignition, something you can do from outside the car as you start washing the car

Last edited by GeeTee TSI : 26th June 2022 at 00:45.
GeeTee TSI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 17:56   #843
BHPian

I went for a test drive and the Octavia just blew my mind. Planning to buy the Style, can’t justify the extra 4 lacs for the L & K. As it is it’s an expensive purchase and the discounts seemed to have dried up. Can anyone recommend a good dealer to work with in the NCR ?

I also wait for the Tucson launch (13th July) to see if they will launch a 1.6 gdi petrol. I am also tempted to look at the Diesel Tucson, drive it for 8 years and then flog it.

Slightly confused I am, as you all can see. But at least I have shortlisted down to these two vehicles.

Your thoughts folks ?
Old 28th June 2022, 20:51   #844
BHPian

Showroom test drive vehicle. Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSi AT 2021 Black 15,000kms. Asking price 27L. Buyer will be first owner. Opinions please.
Old 28th June 2022, 20:59   #845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
Showroom test drive vehicle. Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSi AT 2021 Black 15,000kms. Asking price 27L. Buyer will be first owner. Opinions please.
A member here bought a new one for 27 lakhs. Test drive vehicles are usually abused and rarely recommended.
https://www.team-bhp.com/news/why-i-...mg-zs-ev-first
Turbohead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 21:52   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
A member here bought a new one for 27 lakhs. Test drive vehicles are usually abused and rarely recommended.
https://www.team-bhp.com/news/why-i-...mg-zs-ev-first
Thanks for the heads up. But I don't think we can get that 'lower' price here in Kerala due to higher taxes and very few dealers.
Old 28th June 2022, 21:57   #847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If Style variant, totally not worth. L&K, you can still try.
Personally I wouldn’t buy a 15k kms run test drive vehicle, atleast for that price. Almost everyone who would have test driven Octavia would have driven it hard.
sunikkat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 22:03   #848

Quote:
Test drive vehicles are amongst the worst cars to purchase. Unlike a second hand car, where the first owner actually owned the car fully and had the responsibility of taking care of it and trying to maintain it in top notch condition, either for himself or for selling it one day at a decent price, a test drive vehicle isn’t actually owned by any ‘one’ person. So it never really gets the care and precaution.
Showroom officials mishandle vehicles a lot, I’ve seen how rough and rapid they try to be with cars when demonstrating something to customers. Plus all those who test drive a vehicle are pretty enthusiastic to check the brakes, acceleration, balance, ride over rough roads and like to bang around the interior and scratch away to test quality. One of the best ways to ruin a car.
Rather spend those extra 3-4 lakhs, get a car that will truly be under your care, and will be brand new.
sidhgoyal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 22:12   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
If Style variant, totally not worth. L&K, you can still try.
Personally I wouldn’t buy a 15k kms run test drive vehicle, atleast for that price. Almost everyone who would have test driven Octavia would have driven it hard.
I forgot to mention, it's L&K. I am really skeptical of buying test drive cars. I think I will give it a pass.
Old 3rd July 2022, 05:58   #850
BHPian

Just checking if anyone has been lucky enough to get delivery of the Octavia 2022 during last 2 weeks
Old 3rd July 2022, 07:13   #851

Quote:
Just checking if anyone has been lucky enough to get delivery of the Octavia 2022 during last 2 weeks
I guess no. There is no supply of inventories and it is expected to arrive this month (July). Recently checked with Gurudev, S7, SGA and Kun Dealership and all the responses were same. The vehicles are expected to arrive by the end of July.
konguraajaa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 10:17   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by konguraajaa View Post
I guess no. There is no supply of inventories and it is expected to arrive this month (July). Recently checked with Gurudev, S7, SGA and Kun Dealership and all the responses were same. The vehicles are expected to arrive by the end of July.
Hmm ok

We have to ask Zac how many of those 1 lakh deliveries did they do in last 2 - 4 months.
mah45 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 19:08   #853
Senior - BHPian

I find that despite WhatsApp being integrated within Android Auto, I am unable to answer WhatsApp voice calls via the steering controls in the Octavia. Not even from the infotainment screen for that matter though it rings and I get some notification on the screen. I have only been able to answer WhatsApp voice calls via the phone (and it comes through speakers), which defeats the purpose of Android Auto. Reading and replying to messages via Google Assistant works though

The old RCD 320 unit in my Polo used to let me answer WhatsApp calls without my touching my phone IIRC

Last edited by GeeTee TSI : 5th July 2022 at 19:10.
Old 5th July 2022, 21:46   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Haven’t received delivery but have been allocated an Octavia L&K. Delivery expected sometime this month.
T0TALITY is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 05:17   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0TALITY View Post
Haven’t received delivery but have been allocated an Octavia L&K. Delivery expected sometime this month.
That's interesting, can you please let me know when did you book
And Congrats and all the best for your upcoming delivery.

Did you book with Gurudev ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks