Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2021, 18:39   #2716
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rada View Post
As someone who has booked the AX 5 variant, the pic-s of the variant's interior, are disappointing. Not shocked or surprised. Just disappointed.

After looking at the pic-s, I have couple of questions and would be grateful if some of you can clarify:-

1. When I did the test drive on the AX7, switches on the front doors and aircon unit were finished in piano black. (Some of BHP-ians had rightly pointed out that they were finger print magnets). They looked very cheap and tacky. But in these photographs, these switches appear to be less "shiny" and seem to have been matt-finished and looks much better. Is my assumption correct?

2. There was no pic of the rear seat arrangement. Is the rear seat middle arm rest available in the AX5 5-seater variant or is it available only in the AX5 7-seater variant? The spec-s given on the Mahindra website indicates the latter.

Can someone please clarify the above two points? Thank You!
1. The piano black finish is only limited to AX 7 and AX7 L variants

2. There's still some confusion regarding this. According to Mahindra's official website rear seats in 5 seater variants will not be equipped with middle seat headrests and arm rests but the pic of AX5 variant which we saw today did feature middle seat headrests
ani21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 18:49   #2717
BHPian

My booking is not part of first 14k lot, got it confirmed. Am in no rush and will happily wait for next lot deliveries in Jan/Feb/Mar new year.
Old 29th October 2021, 18:51   #2718
BHPian

So I got unlucky and my delivery has been confirmed to be on 7th of December, 2021. Despite booking late, telling the dealer to put my name at the last if possible, not calling up the SA, not calling up he!pline etc. - I'm getting the car in just 2 months. Don't know whether to be ecstatic or sad considering the insider leaks that Ram87pune has posted. Those who've bought Mahindra's before and other members, can you please advise whether I should go ahead with the purchase? Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211029142607_messages.jpg  

wadewilson is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 18:55   #2719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Looks like no delivery commited dates for those who booked the MX variant! I booked the MX Petrol for a family member within the first 35 minutes of the web booking opening on Oct 7th, yet have not been allocated a delivery date. I have checked with the dealer multiple times but he has not received anything either. No surprises here, the MX is probably a loss-leader variant, present mostly on paper with only tiny volumes (if any at all) produced, just to justify the 11.99 lakh launch headlines!
My case is the same, booked an MX petrol on 7th and am not on first 14K delivery list whereas the ones who booked an AX7 on 8th are getting delivery before us. Seems Mahindra manufactured AX7 petrol models first and planned manufacture MX models based on received order. Overall the algorithm looks like a complete sham! Too bad for customers
Old 29th October 2021, 19:01   #2720
BHPian

Ready delivery for "cash premium" of INR 1.75 lacs
Genuine customers be damned!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 30th October 2021 at 07:31. Reason: Post edited. Please post in english only.
akg7091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 19:15   #2721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
So I got unlucky and my delivery has been confirmed to be on 7th of December, 2021. Despite booking late, telling the dealer to put my name at the last if possible, not calling up the SA, not calling up he!pline etc. - I'm getting the car in just 2 months. Don't know whether to be ecstatic or sad considering the insider leaks that Ram87pune has posted. Those who've bought Mahindra's before and other members, can you please advise whether I should go ahead with the purchase? Thank you
General feedback here has been that the initial lots are mechanically sound and the initial niggles have been mostly around the electronics/infotainment side of things.

If yours is a diesel - I just cant see myself rebooking and getting into wait times like Thar with ever increasing prices, I would go ahead with the purchase with a ready mind to sort out any electronic issues which should be pretty quick and straightforward.

If yours is a petrol - I would take a chance and go with the rebooking considering the delivery times would be much shorter due to less demand/cancellations.

Last edited by Sandegov : 29th October 2021 at 19:17. Reason: Grammar Check
Sandegov is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 19:40   #2722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rada View Post

1. When I did the test drive on the AX7, switches on the front doors and aircon unit were finished in piano black. (Some of BHP-ians had rightly pointed out that they were finger print magnets). They looked very cheap and tacky. But in these photographs, these switches appear to be less "shiny" and seem to have been matt-finished and looks much better. Is my assumption correct?

2. There was no pic of the rear seat arrangement. Is the rear seat middle arm rest available in the AX5 5-seater variant or is it available only in the AX5 7-seater variant? The spec-s given on the Mahindra website indicates the latter.
1) AX5 Has manual AC knobs and finished in matt black. AX7 has dual xone climate control and finished in piano black.

2) 5 seater variants do not get a armrest or 60:40 split. The seats are same as MX variant.
nasir88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 20:26   #2723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by febin8055 View Post
After a long wait I could connect to Mahindra customer care. As per the agent there is no CPD date allotted for my booking. She mentioned it will be updated in couple of days. Dealer has messed my booking. Booking is done with someone’s number and the email ID is updated as Manjunath@vegetable.com. I really don’t know why the dealers did not have time to put my email ID instead of the vegetable ID.

I think my delivery will be post first 14000 units. My series is 22A0009**(AX7 AWD L midnight black)
Is your booking from Sireesh Auto silk board.
I too have same issue, wrong mobile number and wrong email ID. Very much dissappoiinted with these guys. No proper response from them. SE says he will check and come back every time but no response at all after that.

Booking details wrongly entered by the employees of dealership but putting blame on Mahindra.

When checked with customer care they are asking to contact dealer only.
Old 29th October 2021, 20:43   #2724
BHPian

Called the customer care number , they said that they have released the delivery details of only 8k customers out of the total 14 k bookings. The delivery details of the rest 6 k bookings are expected to be released by next week
Old 29th October 2021, 20:45   #2725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
I too have same issue, wrong mobile number and wrong email ID. Very much dissappoiinted with these guys. No proper response from them. SE says he will check and come back every time but no response at all after that.

Booking details wrongly entered by the employees of dealership but putting blame on Mahindra.

Do you guys really think that the dealer had no time to put in the correct email and phone data? Vegetable.com has more characters than gmail.com and it probably took him/her longer to enter it. The dealer has basically ensured that you guys don’t receive any direct information from Mahindra about the allotment/delivery date etc. Now he is free to do what he wants with your vehicle and all you’ll be told is that the car hasn’t been allotted as yet. It’s all about the money buddy.
yd_gli is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 20:57   #2726
Senior - BHPian

Hello bhpians.

Here is another round of info on the XUV700.

1. As I had mentioned earlier, Mahindra will start with the deliveries of petrol variants initially as they have surplus stock of petrol engines and related chips in the plant. Amongst diesels, AWD variants will be delivered first because of the same reason of surplus stocks of the AWD kits.

2. Mahindra will produce around 7k units of the XUV700 before the plant closes for the diwali vacations. Amongst these around 2k-3k units will be of midnight black colour and rest will be Silver and Red.

3. Mahindra is well on course to deliver the promised 14k units of the XUV700 by 14th January 2022. This will be achieved because the next lot of chips is likely to arrive in the 2nd week of December.

4. The infamous Suez Canal blockage by the Ever Given ship in March of this year caused the launch of the XUV700 to be delayed by a couple of months as a ship carrying around 3k units of the older Qualcomm chips was one amongst the several ships stranded in the canal. If this unfortunate incident hadn't taken place, we would have seen the media drives of the XUV700 taking place in June itself.

5. Around diwali next year Mahindra will likely launch not only an AX9 variant but also another variant between the AX3 and AX5 and similarly between AX5 and AX7. They will most likely discontinue the MX variant with the AX3 variant taking its place.

6. Just like the XUV500, Mahindra will not make the XUV700 available to fleet operators and they will continue to sell the Scorpio in that market.

7. Amongst all the bookings received so far for the XUV700, only around 7% are for the AX5 variant while the AX3 variant accounts for less than 1% of the total number of bookings.

8. For the AX7 variant without the L pack, Mahindra has kept the wiring harness for the Sony music system inside the dashboard neatly bundled and tied. So if any owner wishes to fit the Sony system later on, they will have less trouble and cost of fitment.

9. Later in the life cycle of the XUV700 Mahindra will offer separate kits for ADAS and/or 360 degree camera to the owners which can be fitted at the dealer level without going for the full on L pack.

10. Mahindra will likely start rolling out their updated logo on the rest of their range by early next year. The first recipient is likely to be the Thar followed by Marazzo.

On a separate note, those bhpians who are afraid of taking their deliveries in the first lot after reading about the brake noise and suspension noise issue reported by me in my earlier posts I would like to assure you that chances of owners facing these issues is less than 50% and even if you do face these issues be sure that Mahindra will replace all the necessary parts without any hassles. My intention was not to scare anyone but was just reporting the facts as mentioned by my sources.

Also another thing to note is that if you cancel your booking now due to the fear of aforementioned niggles, be prepared for your delivery to be pushed to 2022 end or 2023.

That's all for now. Stay tuned for more info.
ram87pune is offline   (62) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 21:22   #2727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

Here is another round of info on the XUV700.

1. As I had mentioned earlier, Mahindra will start with the deliveries of petrol variants initially as they have surplus stock of petrol engines and related chips in the plant. Amongst diesels, AWD variants will be delivered first because of the same reason of surplus stocks of the AWD kits.
Hope this logic is true, as i have booked a AWD variant, while my BIL has booked the non AWD variant, same dealer, same date (7th) His delivery date is 6th Feb'22 and no news for mine. Was thinking that mine would be delayed , but post reading this post, guessing mine would be in the 6k lot which is yet to be announced.
Old 29th October 2021, 21:45   #2728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post

Yes, I booked through Sireesh silk board. But the SE was very responsive and sent me the below snaps when I asked for the details. He dint give me the details of email ID or mobile number though. He mentioned he will look into it and get it fixed.

I took a test drive at home today and noticed that the apple CarPlay was not available in the demo vehicle. SE mentioned they CarPlay and android auto won’t be available due to some licensing issues. It will be unlocked after few months or first service.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-057f1e1106bb4286810d4d0f671f0f80.jpeg  

febin8055 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 21:52   #2729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
For the AX7 variant without the L pack, Mahindra has kept the wiring harness for the Sony music system inside the dashboard neatly bundled and tied. So if any owner wishes to fit the Sony system later on, they will have less trouble and cost of fitment.
Though this is noble of them, how can the roof-mounted speakers etc be mounted at a later stage?

Also, what system is being offered instead in the AX7 variant without the L pack?
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 22:02   #2730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Though this is noble of them, how can the roof-mounted speakers etc be mounted at a later stage?

Also, what system is being offered instead in the AX7 variant without the L pack?
The customer care is a little lost at this. However, they said it would be brand Mahindra.

They also have no clue if we can install the subwoofer at least. High mounted speakers is something I am happy without. Would give a headache anyway (4+2 speakers is definitely more than enough and usable)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks