Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2021, 11:55   #3286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Gentlemen, I think we are missing the point with XUV, it is not trying to be an Innova , which is the sensible 3 row MPV to buy.

XUV's appeal is that you get high performance, cool features, car like dynamics with 3 row seating at an affordable price.

This video gives you an idea of what was offered at a mouth watering price then and why it became a game changer in 2011.

There is still room for more cool and quirky things in 7OO.
Old 26th November 2021, 12:19   #3287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Gentlemen, I think we are missing the point with XUV, it is not trying to be an Innova , which is the sensible 3 row MPV to buy.

There is still room for more cool and quirky things in 7OO.
So true. Same as when people talk about body roll in a jeep called Thar. There is a reason for such a huge demand for XUV700.
alokk0912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 14:31   #3288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
After using the vehicle for 3 weeks, I’m yet to come grips with the handle, quite literally. As you may have read in my initial review about fumbling for the door handles in the night and still is a pita.

Yeah, I bet external door handles will be one of the first change they will do whenever they plan facelift.
Old 26th November 2021, 22:58   #3289
BHPian

I took Delivery of my xuv700 yesterday, had booked it on 8th october in first 2 mins online. As of now drove only less than 10 kms. I will provide more updates as I get to drive later this month. The initial feeling after driving xylo E9 for 9 years, Mahindra has evolved a lot. I however miss the tall stance and spacious interiors of xylo

Model: AX7 L Petrol AT
Color: Red Rage
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211125_1747232.jpg  

mahesh.alse is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 23:03   #3290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh.alse View Post
I took Delivery of my xuv700 yesterday, had booked it on 8th october in first 2 mins online. As of now drove only less than 10 kms. I will provide more updates as I get to drive later this month. The initial feeling after driving xylo E9 for 9 years, Mahindra has evolved a lot. I however miss the tall stance and spacious interiors of xylo

Model: AX7 L Petrol AT
Color: Red Rage
Congratulations! That's quite the impact to make with your first post!

As for the delivery dates, no one is going to wait for 1 year to get a vehicle - Mahindra is not Ferrari. Better cars will come out and people will be happy to cancel this book and lose the ₹21,000 if they can get a similar/better car sooner instead. What a fiasco from Mahindra. The lack of transparency is the biggest issue here.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 26th November 2021 at 23:18.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 12:08   #3291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post

Better cars will come out and people will be happy to cancel this book and lose the ₹21,000 if they can get a similar/better car sooner instead. What a fiasco from Mahindra. .
That is a big issue, lot of reviews commented on that as well. Nothing in 2022 to challenge XUV700, Just to list segment contenders -

1. Hector/Harrier/Safari -
Hector 2021 launched recently, Safari no changes expected.nothing concrete on Harrier but even if that happens it will be late 2022.

2. Creta 2022 -
The one launched in Indonesia, expected with ADAS. While launch will be late 2022, considering current waiting period, I believe most will get it in 2023, also anyone choosing XUV will not be inclined to choose compact segment SUV.

3. Scorpio -
Looking at early feedback, that will be another hot seller so no quick delivery.

And that wraps up our 2022, I think even with delayed delivery everyone will end up sticking with XUV700.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
This is what I read in one of the articles: Mr. Anand Mahindra had visited to check the design under development and after noticing the nicely sculpted model (must have been a clay model), he suggested not to spoil the design with protruding handles! Team must have swung in to action to literally make it happen. One of the reviewer called it 'Anand Mahindra Handle'.
I don't like the way design decisions are taken impulsively especially when it comes to functional elements. Someone could have convinced Mr. Anand Mahindra as to why it is not a good idea.
I have said this before: this handle adds little value when it works well but it will create huge headache when it doesn't. No need to reinvent the wheel...err....handles.
Yeah i heard that too. I believe those designs are by prifina.
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 13:36   #3292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abutalha View Post
One simple Key Fob upgrade that I found is to use the Key Fob Cover which is offered as official Mahindra merchendise.

This is looking pretty good to me, way better than the original key.

However, I don't know how to get one, as m2all hasn't listed it yet, and dealership also seems to have no clue so far.

Attachment 2227385

Source: Merchendise PDF uploaded on this thread earlier
Now they have it in m2all, but shows as out of stock. Personally this is an important accessory for me, very sad that such small things are still not available . If any of you are able to get it, please let me know.
Old 27th November 2021, 19:39   #3293
BHPian

XUV 700 MX diesel variant real life detailed first look video now available on youtube.

MX version looks like a real VFM package, especially if you booked on 7th Oct.

Smokes compact and mid-size wannabe SUVs to ashes, !
k_gpatel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 21:10   #3294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post

As for the delivery dates, no one is going to wait for 1 year to get a vehicle - Mahindra is not Ferrari. Better cars will come out and people will be happy to cancel this book and lose the ₹21,000 if they can get a similar/better car sooner instead. What a fiasco from Mahindra. The lack of transparency is the biggest issue here.
True.
I am already on it. Really feel Being cheated here. Have been using the xuv500 from 6 years. And following up on xuv700 from more than a year, and booked it at the earliest. But got the sms yesterday that the approximate month is July - 2022. Not gonna wait for so long for sure.

So, I request our bhpians to provide me with their suggestions on the alternatives for the booking which I had for XUV700 AX7 AT
My basic and no compromise needs are :
1. Automatic
2. 7 seater (compulsory middle bench row)
3. Within 30 Lakh.
4. Less waiting period (atleast delivery before New year)

Pls help me in deciding at the earliest.
msksalman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 21:19   #3295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msksalman View Post
So, I request our bhpians to provide me with their suggestions on the alternatives for the booking which I had for XUV700 AX7 AT
1. Automatic
3. Within 30 Lakh.
The obvious choices are:
1.Safari
2. Hector Plus (Auto in Petrol only)
3. Innova

Quote:
This is a tough one. Hector Plus is out, I suppose.

The odd time if one isn't fussy about trim level and colour, one might find an unsold piece with some dealer for immediate delivery. Might well be a few months old.

Edit: If quick delivery is non-negotiable, one can go down the used vehicle route.

Last edited by Poitive : 27th November 2021 at 21:21.
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 21:28   #3296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
The obvious choices are:
1.Safari
2. Hector Plus (Auto in Petrol only)
3. Innova

This is a tough one. Hector Plus is out, I suppose.

The odd time if one isn't fussy about trim level and colour, one might find an unsold piece with some dealer for immediate delivery. Might well be a few months old.
Thanks for these options.
1.Safari was out of my box, since I felt It is slightly overpriced for the features on offer. But still will give it another thought.
2. Hector plus was my go to option blindly, but initially when they launched they launched the 6 seater Variant (captain seats)and there was a news that there will be a 7 seater launch soon. So i still booked it unofficially and delayed the delivery so tat I can wait for the 7 seater launch. And my luck - they launched the 7 seater but without an automatic Variant till date.
3. Innova = My dad was about to buy it blindly. But the other 4 people in our family were up in arms against him . For the price, it is totally blank in terms of features and updates on offer. But yes, no doubt on reliability, service and seating comfort.

Can someone shed some light on how is alcazar top end Variant. I got to know they launched a 7 seater AT in Signature Variant too. My initial views on alcazar was we all felt it is pretty small (as we would be transitioning from XUV500). I am really confused.
Really very angry on mahindra on their management with XUV700.
msksalman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 22:53   #3297
BHPian

Quote:
got the sms yesterday that the approximate month is July - 2022. Not gonna wait for so long for sure.

1. Automatic
3. Within 30 Lakh.

Pls help me in deciding at the earliest.
Almost in similar boat, but not in a hurry. I have been told delivery month as June.

I fail to understand why there is not a single sensible 7 seater family car available in India.

1. Ertiga: Not safe enough. I would happily buy it for 18 lakh also, if only it was safe enough.

2. Marazzo: No Automatic. Features wise also it's bare bones, but I can accept that.

3. Safari: Overpriced, especially after XUV700 launch. Lack of crash test is also prevents me from paying a premium for it.

4. Innova: Overpriced, but can accept that due to reliability and resale value. But no beanch seat in 2nd row for the top end. Can't buy their lower trims, which are too basic for 20+ lakh.

5. Alcazar and Hector+: 3rd row is not usable.
pseudo_coder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 01:45   #3298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1.Safari was out of my box, since I felt It is slightly overpriced for the features on offer.

3. Innova =....
For the price, it is totally blank in terms of features and updates on offer. But yes, no doubt on reliability, service and seating comfort.
While deciding on a vehicle, one needs to see the balance between features and solid engineering. In a given price band, one usually comes at the cost of the other.

Koreans etc have spoilt us with more features at a price, and that is why some like Mitsubishi, GM/Chevy, Ford didn't find viable to do business in India, as the market appears to lean towards features. XUV700 feels it has both, but besides delivery schedules one needs to deal with the risk of a new production line and associated uncertainty of niggles, at their introductory price - a price which makes other more established vehicles look overpriced.

Innova brings much in terms of reliability and longevity at the cost of features, however it may be bereft of emotional appeal for some (including me). Safari might offer the balance between solidity and appeal.

The discussion is going OT for this thread and probably better discussed in a a thread on the whatcar section of the forum.

Last edited by Poitive : 28th November 2021 at 01:49. Reason: Refinement, formatting.
Poitive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 05:10   #3299
BHPian

Has anyone applied for the refund of the booking amount of 21K ? Would be great if you could share the process if done so. I had booked on the 7th within 20 mins of the portal going live and mahindra rewarded me with a Sep 22 delivery date.

It would have been appropriate and customer centric if they had been a little more transparent in their logic. The impression I got was the 1st 25K bookings would be given priority by Mahindra.

Well I guess we have to be satisfied with Mr. Mahindra’s tweets on everything under the sun expect this absolute goof up ! I always used to wonder why even after buying Pinifirina , M&M’s designs are nothing to write home about and even had a 1st mover advantage on EV’s with REVA and Formula E and still they are nowhere on that front.
Old 28th November 2021, 06:48   #3300

Quote:
Can someone shed some light on how is alcazar top end Variant. I got to know they launched a 7 seater AT in Signature Variant too. My initial views on alcazar was we all felt it is pretty small (as we would be transitioning from XUV500). I am really confused.
I have an Alcazar in the family, and yes it is small but everything else works, great safety, features and comfort with decent performance and mileage.
Kousie_Arima is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks