Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2022, 13:41   #5206
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by telugite View Post
My AX7L D AT AWD is coming next week.

what is the best insurance quote and where can we get that.

I know the interest rates vary for loan but what is the best rate and reasonable rate we can get.
I think Policybazar is the best place to get most competitive rates. I am in the same boat as yours and find that their quote can't be matched. Make sure that you claim No Claim Bonus of your present car in case you are selling it and have a NCB.
There is ACKO also but I am a little sceptical about this company. Some BHPians have had a good experience with ACKO; there is a separate thread on that.
Old 8th April 2022, 14:06   #5207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Regarding Alexa : wasn't aware that it can open Sunroof as well ? Please let us know how to open it partially, curtain, fully, etc

Music: Though I have used XUV 5OO for 10 years but we were still of generation before Alexa, Amazon Music, etc. Can see that lot of people want to play music using these apps. However, I am a die hard fan of using Bluetooth connectivity using my phone. As I have created several playlists on my Spotify account that I would like to listen using Bluetooth Music.

Am I missing something here ?
1. Yes, you just have to say "Alexa, open sunroof". It will also display 'Opening Skyroof' on the screen. Unfortunately, you don't have the option to open only the curtain. It will open the glass pane also. You can then close the pane using the sunroof controls.

2. Often Alexa misses the song we speak and plays some random songs or another song with the same name. I was just wondering if using Amazon Music would open up a bigger library of songs? Yes, playlists are an option too, but many songs cross the mind on-the-go.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 8th April 2022 at 15:02. Reason: Edited quoted post
quantobigboot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 14:31   #5208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post

What I felt was the need a competent automatic with Cruise Control and that too adaptive, Front parking sensors, a higher safety rating.....

Then in this scenario, the AX5 is similar to Harrier in terms of features. Am I right?

So should I go Harrier or the AX5?
If you are looking for a higher safety rating, the 5-star rated XUV surely trumps the Harrier? Hope its an easy decision now
a_chelat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 17:04   #5209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachhaMan10 View Post
Latest Update:

1. Customer care lady asked me to send a complaint via e-mail so they can check with backend team. When I asked for delivery update she mentioned "Your car has been sent to dealership on Feb22" I was shocked as the portal was showing delivery as Aug22 till last week. They asked me to check with the dealer directly.

2. Called up the dealer, he says the customer care doesn't know all the details and as per him the updated date is July.

I feel there is some kind of scam happening here. How come dealer has more information than customer care? I should have kept calling customer care to get an update instead of dealer all these days.
My experience is exact opposite. Customer care dint know a thing about the vehicle delivery and were reading from a script. I reached out to dealer daily, then the area Sales manager and even the SVP- Customer experience to get my vehicle ( the delivery date was missed 3 times).
Old 8th April 2022, 17:42   #5210
BHPian

Took delivery of my Diesel AX5 5-seater MT today. Have driven approximately 300 KMs. While I'm penning down the full fledged initial ownership review, here are my brief thoughts.

1. Stylish. The midnight Black is absolutely stunning
2. Comfortable ride, both high and low speed - especially on the 17 inch wheels on AX5
3. The car is extremely stable at highway speeds, and while cornering.
4. Relatively refined diesel engine. Not too intrusive.
5. Extremely drivable; can do silly low speeds in higher gears, and the car still has enough grunt to pull.
6. Good AC performance during summer
7. Light clutch, and well calibrated accelerator.
8. Kids enjoy the panoramic sunroof
9. Good boot space
10. Supportive seats, with decent legroom
11. Decent headlight throw - low and high beam
12. Good ground-clearance
13. No loading lip in the boot, easy to load heavy luggage.
14. Decent fuel economy of 18.5 kmpl - mix of city and Highway - MID.

Dislikes

1. Flush door handles are a usability nightmare
2. Odd missing features for the price: rear arm rest, auto folding mirrors, center headrest - comeon, seriously?
3. No telescopic steering, seating position isn't ideal
4. No steering mounted buttons for the MID
5. Steering is not at all well calibrated. Too senstive at high speeds.
6. Turning circle is wider than my Innova Crysta.
7. Parcel shelf is an optional extra
8. Internal materials of my Crysta would outlast those in my XUV.
9. Complicated electronics to control almost every function. I don't know whether this level of sophistication strictly necessary. For example, the valet, and service modes - which I assume would be used rarely - require complex control systems. I yearn for the good old days where the worth of a car was just measured by its engine and transmission.

Niggles

1. Wireless Android auto randomly drops calls
2. Hill hold control warning flashed briefly, got reset after restart
3. Encountered odd noise from the rear on bad roads. Couldn't tell if it was from the suspension, or from tools moving about in the boot. Did not reoccur after the first day.

In summary, the XUV comes across as a good vehicle that is needlessly complicated. It is a good machine with an unproven electronic brain. I wish that manufactures would just stick to the basics. Toyota has proven time and again that the market would appreciate simple reliability.
buzzy_boy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 17:54   #5211

The online bookings are now visible. No change in delivery dates though.
Just got a call from Mahindra to confirm if the booking was showing up.

Was some technical glitch at their side.

Last edited by Dhiraj : 8th April 2022 at 18:21.
Old 8th April 2022, 20:51   #5212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post
If you are looking for a higher safety rating, the 5-star rated XUV surely trumps the Harrier? Hope its an easy decision now
It should have been easy, but it's not. I understand the safety aspect and with the Harrier NCAP planned, I am sure Tata will leave no stone unturned to get a 5* rating.

And moreover, ADAS is not available on the AX5, with all the niggles, should I book the XUV700?

Isin't the Harrier in that way a more sorted car on electronics front?
Old 8th April 2022, 20:56   #5213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_boy View Post
In summary, the XUV comes across as a good vehicle that is needlessly complicated. It is a good machine with an unproven electronic brain. I wish that manufactures would just stick to the basics. Toyota has proven time and again that the market would appreciate simple reliability.
I have booked an MX Petrol variant for a family member - if you want back to basics, MX Petrol is the one to go for. Same engine and transmission as the AX7L at nearly half the price minus all the gadgets and gizmos like ADAS, which are not so usable in our great Indian roads.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 21:34   #5214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Same engine and transmission as the AX7L at nearly half the price
Pardon me, but doesn't MX diesel get a lower state of tune than the higher variants? Plus, MX does not get stuff like Rear wiper - which I needed. It is pretty loaded otherwise.
Old 8th April 2022, 21:42   #5215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Pardon me, but doesn't MX diesel get a lower state of tune than the higher variants? Plus, MX does not get stuff like Rear wiper - which I needed. It is pretty loaded otherwise.
Yes, for the Diesel, there is a lower tune on the MX compared to higher variants. No such issue in the petrol - you get the same 200 HP engine in the MX Petrol as on the AX7L.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2022, 09:22   #5216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
And moreover, ADAS is not available on the AX5, with all the niggles, should I book the XUV700?
Taking reliability out of the question, the XUV is a much better package. Reasons:

1. I found the engine much more refined, tractable and powerful than the Harrier's
2. The ASIN sourced gearbox on the XUV is far better than the Hyundai sourced unit on the Harrier
3. The quality of interiors is better in the XUV IMHO.

But, if you're looking for a reliable vehicle, neither fits the bill yet IMHO. The Harrier also has its fair share of niggles. So, if you want a fuss free experience, and if you're gonna purchase the vehicle within two years, you'd be better off exploring other avenues.
Old 9th April 2022, 10:32   #5217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by telugite View Post
My AX7L D AT AWD is coming next week.

what is the best insurance quote and where can we get that.

I know the interest rates vary for loan but what is the best rate and reasonable rate we can get.
While Policy Bazaar can give you fair idea of insurance quotes, I suggest get hold of some insurance agent. My experience is Policy Bazaar doesn't have quotes from all companies and required customisations. If f I am not wrong, only Tata AIG, HDFC Ergo and one more company has tie-up with Mahindra in allover India for cashless claims. So I suggest get insurance from these companies. I myself got it from Tata AIG insurance agent at much lesser price than dealer quoted, with more add ons. One thing I did is buy insurance with lower IDV and buy RTI cover. This substantially reduces premium amount.

For bank loans, depends on your CIBIL score. PSUs offer better rates. I got Bank of Baroda car loan, at 7.05 ROI. No foreclosure, prepayment charges. Have seen Bank of Maharashtra advertisement with car loan starting at 6.5%.Mahindra finance also offers car loans.
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2022, 12:05   #5218
BHPian

Does anyone know if Apple Carplay is now active on XUV700?
Old 9th April 2022, 12:58   #5219
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of my Diesel AX5 5-seater MT today. Have driven approximately 300 KMs. While I'm penning down the full fledged initial ownership review, here are my brief thoughts.

When did you book the vehicle ? I have also booked AX5 D 7-Seater Automatic.
Old 9th April 2022, 14:46   #5220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
When did you book the vehicle ? I have also booked AX5 D 7-Seater Automatic.
Oct 18th. Got lucky with a cancellation. Best wishes for your vehicle!
buzzy_boy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks