Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2023, 13:14   #9031
BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

The Mother - 2023 - Starring Jennifer Lopez and a kid named Lucy Paez is a fast paced action thriller I watched on the Mother's day. Lopez doesn't disappoint you as a former US Marine black ops operative. She tries to save her daughter against a backdrop of rampaging bad guys. The kid surprisingly steals the show too.

I would rate 4/5.
Prowler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 08:45   #9032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
This is not good, my son had demanded to watch the movie in a theatre while I had argued to wait till a couple of weeks atleast.
I think it's a good idea to watch it in the theater with your son.

Because, family!
McLaren Rulez is online now   (23) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 08:51   #9033
BHPian

I may not have be an avid follower of the Fast and Furious series. I have no doubt that watching modified cars out perform each other in a Drag race format is attractive to he viewers. I loved the initial series to the hilt. The fact is, I always watched the F & F series solely for 'Paul Walker' and the day he died, that was it for me when it came to watching F & F series. Additionally, I always imagined that he was portrayed as someone who had a predilection for Japanese imports, which was something to my liking.
Old 19th May 2023, 09:05   #9034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Waiting for Avatar 2, Guardians of the Galaxy 3, Shazam 2, John Wick 4, Fast X, 65, The Flash, Transformers 6, Aquaman 2, PS-2, Pushpa 2, Dungeons&Dragons etc to hit the streaming platforms. 😂 (Summary: gonna skip multiplex for all major releases).
John Wick 4 deserves to be seen on the largest screen possible. Period!

While the second and third instalments had some great action choreography, I think they were middling at best because they lacked the singular focus of the first movie. The 4th one on the other hand dwells better on John’s relationships with few other characters in the universe and so has much more impact. Also - Donnie Yen, Scott Adkins and Hiroyuki Sanada!
Pequod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 09:38   #9035
Senior - BHPian

Ant Man : Quantum Mania

Streaming: Hotstar

What a joke Marvel franchisee has become, they are making movies just for making them. I was depressed after seeing the latest Ant Man movie, no plot. The actor who played Kang is totally misfit, I was amused to see him making faces than mouthing dialogues. Michelle Pfeiffer still looks good, rest all characters looks tired and forced to act kind. Totally avoidable.

Rating: 1.5/5

The Mother

Streaming: Netflix

I dont know why Jennifer Lopez is acting and in such movies when she doesnt look like an action star at all. Fittingly the movie couldnt even make it in the Rotten Tomatoes. There is no plot, no awe scenes, nothing in the film actually works. Avoid avoid at all costs

Rating: 1/5
ghodlur is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 10:52   #9036
BHPian

I’m not even excited for any newer parts of fast and furious these days. The logic, stunts, storyline is getting dumber with every new part.
I did not even bother to watch trailer. But I happen to watch trailer just because I was waiting for another movie to start at the theatre. The IMBD ratings, reviews, are going terrible with every part
Instead of watching this movie and wasting my time and energy, I would rather spend good time with my FAMILY
Vasanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 10:55   #9037
BHPian

Air :- https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/air_2023

Streaming platform :- Amazon Prime

I liked the movie. It was nice to see Chris tucker back in fold along with Matt Damon and Ben Affleck share the screen together after Goodwill Hunting. I think one of the best part about movie is the way it builds up towards the outcome. I mean we know Nike has Air Jordans and I am not a big basket ball fan yet movie had me excited for the big reveal.

Rating : 4/5

Last edited by BleueNinja : 19th May 2023 at 10:56.
BleueNinja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 12:39   #9038
BHPian

This sir.. should be counted as a criminal offence! :-) :-). Many of us were planning to spend 2-3k for the movie, giving employment to the cinema folks. All dashed now. On a serious note, how long can they keep piling rubbish and milking it. Same for Marvel movies now. They run out of creativity and develop hubris. And people keep funding them.
Old 19th May 2023, 12:40   #9039
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Yuck! Saw Fast X last evening. It was so intolerable that we left it mid-way.
Damn. I'm supposed to watch it in a few hours with my team. The only good thing is that the tickets are on the house and my personal time is not wasted. I'd rather be at the movies than in my desk.
Old 19th May 2023, 12:48   #9040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yuck! Saw Fast X last evening. It was so intolerable that we left it mid-way. Most recent editions of the Fast & Furious franchise have been disappointing, and this is no different.

Rating 1 / 5 stars. 1 star only for some of the nice cars in the movie.

We live in an era of "entertainment overload" today, with endless choices of shows & movies on our Smart TVs. I don't suffer sub-par movies anymore. Better to save that time and watch a nice show / movie on my Smart TV instead.
Lol (Fast 10: The 2nd last movie in the series, announced for 2023).

I was not far off 2 weeks ago. I would rather see a youtube 10 minute smash of 6-7-8-9 & X and it will still make sense. I didnt knew John Cena and Jason Mamoa were in that Franchise, along with the Rock. (Googled now and see Tony Jaa, Roman Reigns, what was going on here )

I can only be happy the ending didnt feature Vince McMahon in the last scene to indicate XI coming soon !! RIP F&F

Name:  vincemcmahonangry.gif
Views: 378
Size:  2.29 MB
svsantosh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 14:12   #9041
BHPian

Quote:
Yuck! Saw Fast X last evening. It was so intolerable that we left it mid-way. Most recent editions of the Fast & Furious franchise have been disappointing, and this is no different.
They started off with stealing VCRs and now they stop nuclear subs and go to space.

Family is the new parampara pratishtha anushasan
digitalnirvana is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 14:13   #9042
BHPian

The last decent Fast & Furious movie was the 5th part (Fast five). Thereafter the fall started with overdoing stunts, resurrections of past characters, indigestible action sequences etc. I guess by part 12 or 13, they will fly their cars to moon and back.
low_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 14:51   #9043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_rider View Post
I guess by part 12 or 13, they will fly their cars to moon and back.
12 or 13? They already made it to International Space Station in the 9th one. If they can't reach the moon by 11th installment, their space division needs a proper revamp.
professortarzan is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 16:30   #9044
Senior - BHPian

Air:

What a lovely gem of a movie. Great acting, nice tight script and as a Jordan/Bulls fan growing up, this was a nice little peek before he became the greatness.

Loved the expletive riddled phone call between the agent and damon
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 17:22   #9045
BHPian

I don't understand why Fast and Furious movies being dog sh%t are a surprise to anyone at this point.
After F&F 5 which was enjoyable to an extent, it has been downhill ever since and Paul Walker (may he rest in peace) passing away was the last straw. Their movies have become less about cars / street racing and more about random save the world scenarious.

Milking the franchise where only the first of the movies used to be good isn't exclusive to fast and furious though. Movie franchises like The Insidous, The Conjuring, The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars etc come to mind.

Marvel takes the cake for doing this with absolutely horrendous recent movies which I didn't even bother watching after reading the plot. Last Marvel movie I watched was Avengers Endgame as i wanted to see the conclusion. Same goes for their TV series spanning multiple superheroes which have been utterly crap.

In general, i find it hard to find motivation to watch any of the new releases as they are all hype and no substance.

The only exception i make is for John Wick series as i just love Keane Reeves

Last edited by Doonite : 19th May 2023 at 17:26.
Doonite is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks