Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2012, 12:37   #1246
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I am once again affected by the divider syndrome, which makes my commute longer ---the entrance to my office in VBIT Park is hardly 100 meters from the start of the divider, but now I have to travel one km ahead and then take a U turn.
Hey, do you use the road which comes from Merc showroom in Madhapur towards Inorbit via colors n flavors ? If yes and you return from your office via the same route, you haven't seen the chaos created by public at that cut a few days back in the evening.

In the evening, since the traffic towards inorbit has increased a lot in the last few months(due to cinemax probably), people were having a hard time as there is no signal at that place and it is a cross road. There were huge jams continuously for a few days and one day it took me 40 mins(yes literally 40 mins) to get out of Raheja Mindspace as all that crossroad was blocked by people coming from all sides. Nobody was able to move. Now they have blocked that cut to prevent people coming from Inorbit side to enter Mindspace from C-gate(near bsnl office) and people from Mindspace using that cut to go towards mindspace circle.
Old 24th August 2012, 12:42   #1247
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
I wish I had this facility. It was bad this morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Lucky you, enjoy your WFH for the next 2 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
There were huge jams continuously for a few days and one day it took me 40 mins(yes literally 40 mins)
After 2 days of blissful work from home. I started out early this morning to work from office and to my aghast, it took me 40 mins to go from Himayathnagar to Lakdikapul. What I did?

As it was already 10:15am, I promptly took a U-turn and came back home to make it 3 days in a row WFH

God knows, what will happen to our city traffic condition in a few more years !!!
Old 24th August 2012, 12:53   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
As it was already 10:15am, I promptly took a U-turn and came back home to make it 3 days in a row WFH
Where do you work? if there are so frequent WFH's allowed, I should better switch asap, I am anyway looking forward to one

Hi-tech city roads are really picking up heavily on traffic and surprisingly in the last 2 months, it has been horrible. Earlier I used to enjoy a comfortable drive through the empty roads here but I have to dig the road with my eyes now. The road from quality inn towards mindspace circle (to n fro) is being widened, it was already 8 lane
Old 24th August 2012, 16:00   #1249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, do you use the road which comes from Merc showroom in Madhapur towards Inorbit via colors n flavors ?
No, I go to office via Rd # 10, B Hills, then Rd # 45 J Hills, Kavoori Hills and then via Nectar Gardens to DC Road.

Yes, it appears Cinemax is the cause of jams near the mall, but that is more on weekends. In any case, I leave office by 5 pm, therefore escape the show timings.

It would have made sense if they kept that gap open on weekdays and closed it only on weekends. 80% of the cars using that route in the morning either take a right turn to Mind space or a U turn towards Thomson Reuters and VBIT Park.
Old 24th August 2012, 16:16   #1250
BHPian

Quote:
No, I go to office via Rd # 10, B Hills, then Rd # 45 J Hills, Kavoori Hills and then via Nectar Gardens to DC Road.
I am talking about the same road, just near Nectar Gardens, there is a restaurant colors n flavors(food is bad though).

Quote:
Yes, it appears Cinemax is the cause of jams near the mall, but that is more on weekends. In any case, I leave office by 5 pm, therefore escape the show timings.
Now i understand.
Quote:
It would have made sense if they kept that gap open on weekdays and closed it only on weekends. 80% of the cars using that route in the morning either take a right turn to Mind space or a U turn towards Thomson Reuters and VBIT Park.
Weekdays is the main problem...weekends would make the traffic half as offices are off. Weekdays attracts office traffic, mall traffic together. Getting out of the mindspace bourdary onto the main road is itself a big big pain. There remains a big jam inside Mindspace itself...people at work leave office and after 15 mins, take a u-turn, come back and login again. Some strategy by companies ?
Old 24th August 2012, 16:25   #1251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am talking about the same road, just near Nectar Gardens, there is a restaurant colors n flavors(food is bad though).

Weekdays is the main problem...weekends would make the traffic half as offices are off.
Ok, I do recall that restaurant. It opened a year back or so. But where is the Merc showroom you mentioned about on my route?

I was told by my colleagues that weekend rush is more to the mall, as everyone staying on that side of town goes there for shopping. I have not been there on weekends though.

I think they closed it to stop cabs from VBIT Park going in the wrong direction, but I may be wrong.

Last edited by vnabhi : 24th August 2012 at 16:27.
Old 24th August 2012, 16:37   #1252
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, I do recall that restaurant. It opened a year back or so. But where is the Merc showroom you mentioned about on my route?

I was told by my colleagues that weekend rush is more to the mall, as everyone staying on that side of town goes there for shopping. I have not been there on weekends though.

I think they closed it to stop cabs from VBIT Park going in the wrong direction, but I may be wrong.
By that route, I meant partially(about the nectar gardens). The Merc showroom is in front of the Madhapur Police station(right on the signal) when we come from rd. no. 36.

Weekend rush is there, but it can't match the overall rush in the evening when people drive madly from all sides(you're correct on cabs taking the wrong way) and then finally block each other, no one ready to move an inch for someone else. Weekend rush is basically to and fro, on the road to inorbit from Mindspace. Very rarely people take u-turns or go into mindspace via the c-gate, which is the biggest problem.

Lets do a mini meet, today 7 p.m., I will secretly open the barricade(conditions apply) and you can be there to witness it live. By the time any traffic policeman comes, GAME OVER !!
Old 25th August 2012, 10:15   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
The road from quality inn towards mindspace circle (to n fro) is being widened, it was already 8 lane
I don't think it is being widened. This is just a part of beautification work. I think they are going to plant new trees in the middle and on the sides, they'll have something like what they have on the ORR to show that it's a safe drive or something...

Regards,
Sri Harsha.
Old 26th August 2012, 15:30   #1254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
I don't think it is being widened. This is just a part of beautification work. I think they are going to plant new trees in the middle and on the sides, they'll have something like what they have on the ORR to show that it's a safe drive or something...

Regards,
Sri Harsha.
Ohh is it ? You might be right but doubt it because they're putting cement/concrete on the part they dig on the sides. Lets see...
Old 28th August 2012, 11:08   #1255
Senior - BHPian

Traffic jams were abuzz all over Hyderabad yesterday after the heavy showers past midnight on Sunday. Luckily I escaped by working from home.

Today the roads were relatively free, but I saw a huge jam near Vasantha Emerald Gardens at the entrance to DC Road. So I took a turn and went via Madhapur and Cyber Towers, which was normal. But from Cyber Towers left turn to MindSpace, it was bumper to bumper, and took nearly 12 minutes for the 1 Km distance.

Is it normally that bad on that stretch, or was today an aberration? The time was around 10 am.

OT---saw a black Beat with a 'I drive safe' sticker on its rear, and accompanied it all the way from Madhapur till VBIT Park.
Old 28th August 2012, 11:16   #1256
BHPian

Quote:
Traffic jams were abuzz all over Hyderabad yesterday after the heavy showers past midnight on Sunday. Luckily I escaped by working from home.

Today the roads were relatively free, but I saw a huge jam near Vasantha Emerald Gardens at the entrance to DC Road. So I took a turn and went via Madhapur and Cyber Towers, which was normal. But from Cyber Towers left turn to MindSpace, it was bumper to bumper, and took nearly 12 minutes for the 1 Km distance.

Is it normally that bad on that stretch, or was today an aberration? The time was around 10 am.

OT---saw a black Beat with a 'I drive safe' sticker on its rear, and accompanied it all the way from Madhapur till VBIT Park.
@vnabhi, I was driving the black BEAT . What were you in?

On the few occasions that I took a U-turn on the DC road due to stuck traffic, I've always encountered heavy traffic between Cyber Towers and Cyber Gateway (I guess I'm lucky ), and today was no different. I think it's better to be crawling bumper to bumper than get stuck with half your car under water on the DC road.
Old 28th August 2012, 11:21   #1257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
@vnabhi, I was driving the black BEAT . What were you in?

On the few occasions that I took a U-turn on the DC road due to stuck traffic, I've always encountered heavy traffic between Cyber Towers and Cyber Gateway (I guess I'm lucky ), and today was no different. I think it's better to be crawling bumper to bumper than get stuck with half your car under water on the DC road.
OK, thanks for the quick ack. I was in the red Fiesta that was sometimes in front of you.

I was turning left into VBIT Park and was forced by a bigger vehicle to slow down during the turn, and might have blocked you. I think someone proceeding straight was honking in protest.
Old 28th August 2012, 11:22   #1258
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday was the most nightmarish drive back home from Gachibowli to Himyathnagar.

It took me 45 minutes to reach Shahghouse and since I had some work around that area had to take a break of about 45 minutes and when I re-started for home. From Mehdipatnam to Himayathnagar took an unprecedented 1 hour 30 minutes with 20 minutes just to cross the masab tank flyover.

Finally, crawled home on four legs at 9pm

Decided to resort to my recuperation technique for next two days.

P.S: I am now seriously contemplating buying a small diesel automatic car
Old 28th August 2012, 11:25   #1259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

P.S: I am now seriously contemplating buying a small diesel automatic car
Me too, but there ain't any as far as I know. Only petrol ones are there like i-10, A-Star and i-20.
Old 28th August 2012, 11:42   #1260
BHPian

Quote:
OK, thanks for the quick ack. I was in the red Fiesta that was sometimes in front of you.

I was turning left into VBIT Park and was forced by a bigger vehicle to slow down during the turn, and might have blocked you. I think someone proceeding straight was honking in protest.
Oh that was you..
I didn't know what happened but the vehicle in front of me cleared to the right and all of a sudden I see two vehicles side by side trying to turn left into VBIT and I was totally blocked.

I travel a long distance and tend to lose my patience towards the end of the journey :S ...

Sorry for going OT...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks