Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2017, 10:18   #14431
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

IT capital after a few hours of rain. Drive with car cover on!

WindRide is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 11:22   #14432
Senior - BHPian

The less said the better regarding this so called IT Capital of India.

Don't know how people live in such terrible situations. Once a Pristine City can now be called as Hell's Place.

The local Body isn't that efficient in these kind of situations, and the leaders, they are mum in these kind of aspects.

I wish good luck to people living there. This is just a beginning, in another 10 odd years, Bangalore will show it's true colors. This might sound offensive, but that's the reality.
CarguyNish is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 12:13   #14433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
T.. This is just a beginning, in another 10 odd years, Bangalore will show it's true colors. ...
And when that happens, all the astronomically priced flats/villas in and around the 'snow' lake will be worth nothing. To start with.
Old 17th August 2017, 12:46   #14434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
IT capital after a few hours of rain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
The less said the better regarding this so called IT Capital of India.
Having born and brought up in Bangalore, this is what the so called "IT REVOLUTION" has done to the Garden city. It was never like this.

The pleasant weather, easy going locals, peaceful lifestyle and pretty fresh atmosphere was the norm, and is still one of the primary reasons why people from all over the country flock in here and stay put.

If you actually sit back and think, its not just Bangalore, its basically the problem with our Desi Mindset.

We start Facebook Pages, Instagram shots, and so on as soon as such situation arises. And just as it starts, people just get busy with other more critical things in life and the cause just evaporates. Planning for future has never been (and most likely will never be) our forte' in the last 7 decades.

As an immediate example, God forbid, if there is another cloud burst in Chennai tomorrow, I am quite sure the entire 2015 saga will be re-telecasted.

Last edited by ampere : 18th August 2017 at 15:54.
Vik0728 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 13:12   #14435
Distinguished - BHPian

Two days of Rain and the craters on NECE road are back! Especially the stretch between Bhannerughatta road and Hosur road have got really worse after the rains on 14th and yesterday. All this on arguably the costliest tolled road in the country (4.2Rs per Km)!
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 14:49   #14436
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Two days of Rain and the craters on NECE road are back! Especially the stretch between Bhannerughatta road and Hosur road have got really worse after the rains on 14th and yesterday. All this on arguably the costliest tolled road in the country (4.2Rs per Km)!
And today morning a colleague mentioned me about this and I was wondering which section was he referring to till he said it was the Kanakapura Road - Hosur Road section that he takes.

No wonder, I couldn't spot these new development since I only take this one way, towards Tumkur Road.

He clearly mentioned that it was very bad and the road resembled some badly maintained state highway. Is it that bad??

And look at this justification by the authorities when questioned about the hike:

Quote:
We have been absorbing the price rise for four years without passing it on to our road users. We have recently redone the bitumen, and it had become inevitable to effect the hike,” said Manjunath Nayaker, who handles public relations for NICE
So the "redone bitumen" is now washed away! Now what? Roll back the hikes?

I pity each one representing NICE for living under a totally false impression for many years that they have give us super good roads if they think so. Enough has been discussed about how badly their roads are designed anyway .

Last edited by paragsachania : 17th August 2017 at 14:50.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 15:08   #14437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
And today morning a colleague mentioned me about this and I was wondering which section was he referring to till he said it was the Kanakapura Road - Hosur Road section that he takes.
The section which I take daily up and down , between Nayandahalli and Kanakapura road has been holding up pretty well. The Nayandahalli-Clover leaf section is concrete so I guess it should hold up for many years.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 16:55   #14438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
He clearly mentioned that it was very bad and the road resembled some badly maintained state highway. Is it that bad??
Yes it is bad but if we maintain our lane, the width is just small enough to go between the wheels of a car. But maintaining a lane is a challenge on this road and while changing lanes, avoiding these craters is not possible.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 06:33   #14439
BHPian

!!! Traffic Alert !!!

An accident involving a truck and cab at ORR, near New Horizon College. Expect km long jam, if spot is not cleared soon enough. Better check maps before you leave.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-orr.jpg
drivingme.crazy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 07:33   #14440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingme.crazy View Post
An accident involving a truck and cab at ORR, near New Horizon College. Expect km long jam, if spot is not cleared soon enough. Better check maps before you leave.
I saw this maroon spot before I left home in the morning and presumed it to be due to water logging. However, as mentioned by you, a truck and cab have collided. The cab has been moved but the truck is standing occupying the right and center lane. At 7:15 AM, the traffic jam had reached the end of the Ecospace flyover.

Last edited by ampere : 18th August 2017 at 15:55. Reason: Formatted quoted post
Old 18th August 2017, 07:48   #14441
Distinguished - BHPian

Chill guys, there is no point singling out Bangalore for this mess.. this city is in India and like all Indian cities (much less towns, villages) the place suffers from absolutely zero planning and zero implementation of common-sense leave alone science.

We have roads covered with water-repelling bitumen, the sidewalk is built on a height of 6 inches - 1 foot and very little drain channels if at all there are any, and no one can really decide what the storm-water drains are for - for throwing garbage as many do, for setting up markets/cobbler shops or for parking bikes, anything but the original intention of being a storm water drain which it really cannot be until there are drain channels every 10-20 feet. These are a signature infrastructure pan-India, why single out this city?

Population has very little to do with THIS problem per se, its poor infrastructure, poor city planning and giving permits to any kind of construction as long as the bureaucratic machinery is greased. Delhi had flooding and overflowing just last month and anytime it rains longer than 5-6 hours it gets flooded in the same manner, Mumbai too gets flooded in the same manner several times every year specially during high tide, though I've never gone there during such an occasion my friends always tell me that its horrible when it does happen but they live with it and consider it a part and parcel of what the city is. It is acceptance in the end. Chennaiites still shiver and convulse at the very thought of a rain coming ever since the great floods of 2 years ago, and drainage-wise it is worse than Bangalore as even a tiny rain leads to flooding (again specially during high-tides).

I'm a proud Bangalorean and I don't need luck to be staying here.. not anymore than what others need living in similar metro cities. I am deeply familiar with all metros in India except Kolkata and I can say one thing, as Vik0728 also mentioned - it becomes headline news for one week to give fodder to the press, people take selfies and photos alongwith potshots and then all is forgotten. There are a foolish few of us like myself who volunteered a couple of times for plantation drives in Bangalore (we planted over 400 trees in a day in certain areas), and understood that for flooding to decrease, trees along with barren land must exist.. the barren land will suck in the water and trees with hold them within and consume them over time. Lack of trees will lead to soil getting loose and spreading to the roads and then taking over 36 hours to dry. Who listens to common-sense anymore?

I hope that enough sense prevails in us countrymen that we unite and put our foot down for preserving our ecosystems, for that sacrifices of time and work (money) will have to be made, otherwise indeed, the whole country will be unlivable in due course.
Old 18th August 2017, 08:25   #14442
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Railways are going to introduce 3 suburban trains between Byapanahalli and Whitefield from August 18th
Its just 1 train and here are the timings

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-wfd.jpg
Source:https://www.facebook.com/groups/whit...4717156952881/

IMHO, the timings from BYPL-WFD are perfect as there was a big gap between 7.30 and 9.30 am train but the return timings should have been closer to 5 PM as there are already 2 trains from WFD at 6.10 and 6.50
Old 18th August 2017, 08:33   #14443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingme.crazy View Post
!!! Traffic Alert !!!

Massive pile up its going to be. Truck cabin damaged badly. Was it a cab it hit?
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 09:06   #14444
BHPian

I don't think the truck has been cleared yet, here is what google map showing:

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Ce...!3e0!5i1?hl=en
Old 18th August 2017, 09:13   #14445
BHPian

Had a school function today and was able to avoid the traffic in ORR (by taking the Yemalur lake road) thanks to updates here and Google maps.
anandtheleo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks