Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2012, 00:19   #4456
BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

Any idea on how to get the following music in the video as a ringtone?

Old 19th April 2012, 07:16   #4457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Any idea on how to get the following music in the video as a ringtone?
Download Ringtone +++ app from App store its free and search for the theme of mankatha its available there.

@Jaggu: the heating could be coz of multiple apps running in the background close them.
@IronHawk: Sometimes the Citibank CC takes time to debit money after buying an app it typically comes the next day, usually.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 19th April 2012 at 07:24.
Old 19th April 2012, 19:34   #4458
BHPian

Just called AT&T customer care to get my old out of contract 3G S unlocked. It was a pretty smooth process. Just gave my IMEI no. to customer care rep. and within couple of minutes he confirmed that the phone is out of contract and he initiated unlocking process. All I need to do now is to connect the phone to iTunes thru computer and do backup and restore and it should be unlocked. He even set-up reminder in his system to call me in couple of days to make sure everything went smoothly.

OTOH, I will have to wait for about a month to get my iPhone 4 unlocked as it is still in contract for a month or so.
Old 19th April 2012, 19:52   #4459
BHPian

Finally freedom for me too. My iphone 4 got unlocked last week by calling AT&T and providing them with my IMEI no. I was tired of using Gevey SIM - used gevey SIM for more than a year from the day i purchased my iphone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
All I need to do now is to connect the phone to iTunes thru computer and do backup and restore and it should be unlocked.
If you are lucky, you dont even have to restore. In my case, I just switched off my phone, removed gevey SIM and kept it aside, and inserted only Airtel SIM. Switched ON the phone, synced with iTunes and VOILA! my iphone picked up Airtel Cellular Network. I was worried about the restore part since i didn't want to lose my iOS 5.0.1 untethered Jailbreak.

As a last resort, i thought i will try Redsn0w method to deactivate my phone in order to factory unlock and preserve my untethered jailbreak. But none of it was required since my phone got unlocked automatically the moment i synced with iTunes. That saved me lot of pain and unnecessary tensions
Old 19th April 2012, 20:03   #4460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain
Finally freedom for me too. My iphone 4 got unlocked last week by calling AT&T and providing them with my IMEI no. I was tired of using Gevey SIM - used gevey SIM for more than a year from the day i purchased my iphone.
How come you were able to get iPhone 4 unlock by AT&T? It's not been 2 years yet for iPhone 4 launch. They launched it on June 24th 2010 and I bought it on first day of launch. AT&T told me that my contract will be up on June 24th as that's when I bought the iPhone 4.
Old 19th April 2012, 20:16   #4461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
How come you were able to get iPhone 4 unlock by AT&T? It's not been 2 years yet for iPhone 4 launch. They launched it on June 24th 2010 and I bought it on first day of launch. AT&T told me that my contract will be up on June 24th as that's when I bought the iPhone 4.
My phone was never under contract nor i bought the phone for subsidized contractual price from AT&T. I bought it by paying full price of $600 plus tax from Apple store in the US, though it was locked to AT&T network. Back then (March 2011) when i bought the phone there was no concept of factory unlocked iphones in US. Irrespective of what, all iphones were locked to one of the carriers (AT&T or sprint or verizon). It was only in mid 2011, apple decided to sell factory unlocked iphones officially in US. Anyway that is a different story altogether.

But just to let you know 3 of my collagues in the office got their iphone 4's unlocked when the fact is they bought refurbished phones from ebay and craiglist. these phones were very much under AT&T contract. The reason i am saying this is AT&T is now very lenient in unlocking iphones. If you explain your case convincingly that you bought the phone from US, never used AT&T services, reside in India and request them to please consider and unlock, they are unlocking it without much interrogation. Thats what my colleagues did and they were successful. Only thing you need to take care that even by mistake you should not disclose to them that you bought the phone from craiglist or ebay (if that is indeed the case). Else your unlocking request will be rejected outright.

In my case, no questions were asked - they just asked my name, IMEI no., kept me on hold to verify and finally they took my email id and told me wait for 24 hours and unlock instructions will be sent to your email address
Old 19th April 2012, 20:28   #4462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain
The reason i am saying this is AT&T is now very lenient in unlocking iphones. If you explain your case convincingly that you bought the phone from US, never used AT&T services, reside in India and request them to please consider and unlock, they are unlocking it without much interrogation. Thats what my colleagues did and they were successful. Only thing you need to take care that even by mistake you should not disclose to them that you bought the phone from craiglist or ebay (if that is indeed the case). Else your unlocking request will be rejected outright.
Thanks for explanation. But I can't take the approach your colleagues took as I am in US and having service contract with them only. So I will have to wait till 24th June to get it unlocked.
Old 21st April 2012, 10:19   #4463
Senior - BHPian

I wanna download some songs from iTunes, but I get this error when I go to iTunes Store:
The iPhone Thread-image95623553.jpg

Any idea why this might be? Any settings to be changed?

Last edited by IronH4WK : 21st April 2012 at 10:21.
Old 21st April 2012, 11:02   #4464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK
I wanna download some songs from iTunes, but I get this error when I go to iTunes Store:

Are you using an apple id for India?
Old 21st April 2012, 11:08   #4465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is temp issue, if the Internet connection isn't active at a time. Also, if you are trying to access US store using Indian CC then same issue. Currently you can not buy books from US store, same error pops up.
Old 21st April 2012, 11:26   #4466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
This is temp issue, if the Internet connection isn't active at a time.
i get this error every time; either on the 3G or on the WiFi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Also, if you are trying to access US store using Indian CC then same issue. Currently you can not buy books from US store, same error pops up.
i've bought apps using my Indian CC, how come that worked and this doesn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon View Post
Are you using an apple id for India?
yes indeed.

Last edited by IronH4WK : 21st April 2012 at 11:28.
Old 21st April 2012, 12:57   #4467
BHPian

Quote:
i've bought apps using my Indian CC, how come that worked and this doesn't?
iTunes Music Store is not available in India.

Last edited by rtandon : 21st April 2012 at 12:58.
Old 21st April 2012, 19:46   #4468
Senior - BHPian

Small update. Took my phone to the A.S.S (Imagine) since I was really bugged with all the sound and speakerphone issues. Told them what the issue was in chronological order. They said they'll need 2hrs to diagnose the issues. I told them I'll come back after 2hrs. After the stipulated time when I reached the A.S.S I had to wait for half hour before they brought out the phone. They told me that they could not fix the issue, hence the phone is being replaced with a new piece.

Yippee-ka-yay!

Btw, I was told that if one cuts the normal sim to micro-sim size and puts it in the iPhone and if the same gets stuck, it will void the warranty. Heads up.
Old 21st April 2012, 20:24   #4469
BHPian

Quote:

Like @rtandon said, the music store not available in India. If you press ok and continue you will be able to browse Podcasts and iTunes U. They work perfectly fine.
Old 22nd April 2012, 23:28   #4470
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I have been using an iPhone 3GS 32 GB and have given to my sister. I bought it in US some 16 months back. In India I have jail-broken and unlocked. It was working fine until last week and suddenly have gone dead. I have tried switching ON but it never worked. I brought it to a repair shop in Ritchie street and I was told that a main chip has gone and can't be repaired. Is there any way to repair it India? Can you please suggest me a good repair shop or authorised service centre to repair it?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by ForeRunner : 22nd April 2012 at 23:50. Reason: spelling

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks