Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2019, 11:22   #11851
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

That's a nice price, considering I picked up a 128 GB, 2 months ago, for Rs 58410/-
Old 18th July 2019, 12:01   #11852
BHPian

Hi team. I have recently got myself an Amazon Firestick. I give my I phone 7's internet via hotspot to it. It works seamlessly. I wanted to know how do I mirror my phone to the firestick,Since I want to watch my Airtel Tv app on my TV. I am not able to download the Airtel Tv app on the firestick. Can I do both things (hotspot and screen mirroring) at the same time.
Old 19th July 2019, 15:48   #11853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
I wanted to know how do I mirror my phone to the firestick

Try this and let us know if it works. But you will need both your phone and TV on the same wi-fi network.

1. Install AirReceiver from the Amazon App Store. You can do this by going to the search tab and searching for the application.
  2. Once installed, launch the app and check the box which says AirPlay option.
  3. Make sure that your devices are connected to the same network. On your iPhone, enable AirPlay by opening your Control Center and clicking on “AirPlay Mirroring” or “Screen Mirroring”.
  4. From the available devices, choose your TV to begin the mirroring process.
Old 20th July 2019, 10:52   #11854
BHPian

Its $3 for the app. Any free app for the same.
Old 24th July 2019, 12:34   #11855
Distinguished - BHPian

Apple has released an update for older devices including the iPhone 4S - 9.3.6 & for iPhone 5- 10.3.4 This update is also for older iPads.

According to Apple, these devices will have issues with GPS & maintaining time post Nov-19. iCloud syncing may also be affected. More here: https://www.macrumors.com/2019/07/22...iphones-ipads/

Last edited by saket77 : 24th July 2019 at 12:36.
Old 24th July 2019, 14:18   #11856
Team-BHP Support

My iPhone X suddenly lost the battery capacity, and started showing "service" under battery option, this was last week. Had apple care active till Nov 19, so took it to service centre on Saturday and they said it would take 5-6 days to get back to me. Yesterday they called and informed I have been issued a replacement phone.

Surprised to see a brand new device (alone) issued and the apple care also is updated automatically. Coconut app says this device is manufactured less than 3 months back, so assume its brand new and looks spot less and came with screen cover and all.

Apple care again has treated me well, definitely recommending the same for year two of iPhone ownership.
Old 24th July 2019, 14:31   #11857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
My iPhone X suddenly lost the battery capacity,
Apple care again has treated me well, definitely recommending the same for year two of iPhone ownership.

How new is your phone? Less than a year? My 7 is towards the end of its extended 2nd year warranty and battery is below 80% and showing 'Service'.
Considering whether to go Authorised or Unauthorised.
Old 24th July 2019, 14:36   #11858
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
How new is your phone? Less than a year? My 7 is towards the end of its extended 2nd year warranty and battery is below 80% and showing 'Service'.
Considering whether to go Authorised or Unauthorised.
Mine was bought on day 1 of Indian launch so Nov 17?

Take it to authorised centre asap and they should replace the battery free.
Old 24th July 2019, 14:52   #11859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Hi team. I have recently got myself an Amazon Firestick. I give my I phone 7's internet via hotspot to it. It works seamlessly. I wanted to know how do I mirror my phone to the firestick,Since I want to watch my Airtel Tv app on my TV. I am not able to download the Airtel Tv app on the firestick. Can I do both things (hotspot and screen mirroring) at the same time.
Does this help?

https://www.airbeam.tv/mirror-iphone...amazon-firetv/
Old 24th July 2019, 15:20   #11860
BHPian

My wife's 5S battery seems to have conked off. I had got a replacement of the device because of a screen issue last year, so the new one is just over a year old. But of course it is out of warranty. I wonder whether it is normal for the battery to go bad so soon.

Any idea how much it would cost to get the battery replaced? Authorised or unauthorised. I do not want to get a spurious battery and put ourselves in danger though.
Old 24th July 2019, 16:18   #11861
BHPian

Quote:
Take it to authorised centre asap and they should replace the battery free.
I have my doubts. Maybe your phone genuinely had an issue,which is why they replaced it. Battery degradation is not covered under warranty as such, it being a consumable. Will try my luck and report. Warranty expires 17 August,so worth giving it a shot.
Old 25th July 2019, 11:21   #11862
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Any idea how much it would cost to get the battery replaced? Authorised or unauthorised. I do not want to get a spurious battery and put ourselves in danger though.
If they cover under battery replacement program about 2k, if not about 7-8 k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Will try my luck and report. Warranty expires 17 August,so worth giving it a shot.
If it is under apple care they should. Report the issue through apple support, get a ticket registered and then use them to schedule visit to nearest physical service centre.
Old 25th July 2019, 12:30   #11863
Distinguished - BHPian

There have been some issues with batteries of certain iPhone. My current iPhone 6s I bought in India around 2015 or thereabouts. Last year the battery was replaced free of charge by apple under a world wide free upgrade. My battery was losing its charge to quickly. It was a problem related to a specific bath of iPhones 6s. Check the Apple support pages if your particular phone might be eligible for any free battery replacements

Jeroen
Old 25th July 2019, 12:45   #11864
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Check the Apple support pages if your particular phone might be eligible for any free battery replacements

Jeroen
That window is closed since Nov/Dec 18 if I remember correct. But apple does honour requests if warranty or apple care cover is there.
Old 25th July 2019, 13:25   #11865
BHPian

Quote:

If it is under apple care they should. Report the issue through apple support, get a ticket registered and then use them to schedule visit to nearest physical service centre.

Thanks for this. Chatted with them, got a remote diagnostic test done. Support informed that I need to take-in my device for battery change. I asked him, if the same is covered under warranty and he said yes, provided technician verifies it, etc etc.
Asked him to book me an appointment, which he did. Let's see how it goes at the service centre. So Far So Good.

Most Viewed