Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2023, 10:51   #15916
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer View Post
My iPhone XR started getting warm and draining battery fast after this 17.03 update. This was not the case till 17.02 update
Same issue with me happened. I had charged 100% before going to sleep and when I woke up around 6, saw 55%. In fact I use automations to switch off Bluetooth wifi and mobile data between 12-5am.

I guess that’s the Apple way of saying to move ahead or spend money on old phones to continue.

Note: my XR’s battery health is already in service mode at 77%
rahulk2510 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 12:48   #15917
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx100 View Post
Congrats!

What was the deal price listed during sale. They advertised with 4XXXX as sale price and anyone able to get it cheaper?

It still being listed for 56999 in Flipkart, but the card offers are not that attractive. I am on the fence and yet to make up my mind to go for it.
The listed price was Rs 54,999. It had Rs 3000 off on Icici and Kotak credit cards. I tried 8-10 times with my Icici card and every-time the transaction failed due to heavy rush. So I let go this offer and used my Hdfc card and it went through in one go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Nothing quite like the 4S for sure.
It was a beautiful design and is still timeless.
Absolutely. After so many years and using so my phones, I still feel I should have also retained few more phones like the Nokia 5110, 6600 or even the golden coloured Iphone 6s.

Last edited by Samba : 8th October 2023 at 12:55.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 13:31   #15918
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Thanks!

The Apple shop here in Bangalore said I can exchange multiple devices for the new Pro Max 15. They will give a max of 30K for my iPhone Pro Max 12 and 28K for my iPhone 13 Mini. Plus there is a 5K off on HDFC card. The price of this iPhone 15 Pro Max is 1.6 lakh rupees. So I may get 63 K off with these exchanges and discounts.

And that means I pay 97K!
Apple Imagine offer for my iPhone 12 Pro Max.
36 K plus 9 K Bonus and Then there is 4K HDFC card. 49K

And for my iPhone 13 Mini the price offer is 26K plus 9K Bonus. Then there is 4K HDFC card. 39K

But while one can exchange multiple devices the catch is the bonus and hdfc discount can be applied only once.

Best case scenario then is; 75K.
On a price of 1.6 lac the price I pay is 85K

Sangeetha Mobile is also able to match the offer.

Catch is that iPhone 15 Pro Max waiting time is 6-8 weeks.

And the valuation of the iPhone 12 Pro Max will be as per the date of sale/ surrender.

Anyway all this is for everyone’s academic knowledge.

If anyone knows of better deals please share.

I am keen to upgrade.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 14:01   #15919
BHPian

Folks, is there any offer for the iPhone 13 mini (128gb) variant? What is the best price.
Old 8th October 2023, 21:47   #15920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Apple Imagine offer for my iPhone 12 Pro Max.
36 K plus 9 K Bonus and Then there is 4K HDFC card. 49K
I am sure you must have considered this but any plans to travel to Dubai/US/Malaysia (you or your known folks)? The phone would be substantially cheaper there as you know. I got mine from the US and the savings are substantial!

Last edited by vb-saan : 9th October 2023 at 06:52. Reason: Trimmed the quoted part. Thank you!
Old 9th October 2023, 06:06   #15921
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
I am sure you must have considered this but any plans to travel to Dubai/US/Malaysia (you or your known folks)? The phone would be substantially cheaper there as you know. I got mine from the US and the savings are substantial!
Yes, It is indeed about Rs 30K to 35K cheaper there. And I agree that since I am absolutely not in a hurry, this isn't at all a bad idea because of the cost savings.

(I normally change my iPhone once in 2 to 3 years and tend to buy the latest one in the middle or at the end of the model lifecycle, because, not being one of those highly competitive characters, I really have no urge at all to be the ‘first-est’. )

As I have said many times, my main reason to stay with iPhone is the deliciousness of its camera.
More specifically in the case of iPhone 15 Pro Max, I love that 48mp and 5X zoom and Type C port and the Brushed Titanium case and all.

There are two more points for me to consider;

When I buy in India, I prefer to buy with my credit card; one thing is that I will pay the taxes in India (however much we crib about the poor ROI in India for tax payers, paying tax for the good of my own poor country is not a bad thing really.) (Dont get me wrong - I am not trying to go all ‘preachy’ - I crib and curse just as much as the next guy, but end of the day I love this place with all its warts.)

The other point is that one gets points on the credit card which is also a good thing because in a way it is like a cash back by way of points which one can use later.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 09:34   #15922
Senior - BHPian

How do you guys manage funds for (Apple) family accounts in India?

It won't automatically charge my Apple funds balance when my wife buys from iTunes store. Nor could I buy a gift card from those funds. I've ended up buying an Apple gift card from Amazon instead.
Old 9th October 2023, 10:19   #15923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-saan View Post
Personally I liked the implementation of the 5x in the Pro Max - to get close-up shots without getting closer. ]
I had the 13 Pro which died on me just after 19 days the warranty expired. Had a motherboard issue had tried getting it fixed but it started developing other issues like the camera wouldn't focus battery drain the screen wouldn't auto rotate to the left when you tilt the phone. The biggest bummer was when the speaker just went kaput while I was boarding a flight for a business visit our of India. After the 5S, X this was my third iphone and have never had just a bad experience with an iphone ever. It was like my phone turned into a lemon just went the warranty expired and I had never updated the OS as well after purchasing the phone.

Now, I am in two minds whether to go for the 15 pro or the max. The 5x zoom is the biggest draw for me but the build quality with the back glass snapping is something that is playing on my mind currently and thinking whether to stick with the pro series as it's a size I am used to too now.

So, wanted to know with a cover on is it too bulky and especially while riding I don't think I can keep that phone in my pant pocket. Right?
Old 9th October 2023, 11:23   #15924
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, need to buy a couple of high power multi-port wall chargers for our travel. This is to cater for hotel rooms where we can simply plug in the same and charge a iPad, iPhone and/or Airpods etc. simultaneously.

Has to be USB-C; Apple sells a dual-port one for 6K! Any suggestions?
Old 9th October 2023, 11:26   #15925
BHPian

Hi folks, just checking if anyone upgraded from the 13 to 15, want to know if there is an observable difference worth switching the phones for.

I have the 13 pro max and would probably consider the 15 pro (want to move to a smaller size).
Old 9th October 2023, 11:34   #15926
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
After all my experiences with iOS17, I decided to roll back to iOS16 for my IP12mini. For starters, I wasn't liking the new phone call screen and the contact cards. But I noticed that after updating to iOS17, the battery was draining pretty fast. Checked and found that Apple is still signing iOS16.6.1 and I immediately rolled back. Though, I had backed up my phone but looks like I won't be able to restore it because of the iOS downgrade. I have the pictures and documents but apps I will need to re download and set up all the shortcuts and the smart home shortcuts again. A pain yes, but hope to resolve my issues. Will report back again.
Happy to report that after initial indexing by the new iOS16.6.1 (later updated to 16.7), the battery life is back to normal. Setting up the phone after rolling back from iOS 17 to iOS 16 was a pain since you cannot restore the backup of newer version to old version, but it was well worth it in my opinion. As a bonus, the better looking contact cards and phone screen is also back. The lower placement of touch buttons during the phone call in iOS 17 was also not natural to me.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 11:54   #15927
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbolove View Post
Hi folks, just checking if anyone upgraded from the 13 to 15, want to know if there is an observable difference worth switching the phones for.

I have the 13 pro max and would probably consider the 15 pro (want to move to a smaller size).
Posts Number 15900,15901 and 15903 on this thread should help clear your doubts.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 11:57   #15928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
Any recommendations on Power bank for IPhone 12? Presently phone is at 82% battery health, but drains very quickly on 4G .

I don't have battery pack and looking for either normal or Magsafe one.
Just week into ios17 and its minor updates, my iphone battery has dropped from 82->80% quickly. I was initially planning to buy external power bank but dropped that idea now and thinking of battery replacement once it hits 75%
Old 9th October 2023, 11:59   #15929
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
Now, I am in two minds whether to go for the 15 pro or the max. The 5x zoom is the biggest draw for me but the build quality with the back glass snapping is something that is playing on my mind currently and thinking whether to stick with the pro series as it's a size I am used to too now.

So, wanted to know with a cover on is it too bulky and especially while riding I don't think I can keep that phone in my pant pocket. Right?
You are used to the size of the Pro, its better to stick with that. The 15 Pro Max feels lighter when compared to the 14 Pro Max. I got back to a large phone after a long while and after two weeks of usage I got accustomed to it, and I think the main reason for that is the reduction in weight. From a weight point of view, it feels closer to the 14 Pro than the 14 Pro Max. However, size-wise it’s still a big phone, and so better to check it out in person before putting in your money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbolove View Post
If your 13 Pro Max is holding up well, and battery health is reasonable, probably a good idea to stick to that for another year. I recently sold off the 13 Pro Max in the household and replaced with a 15 Plus because (1) face id was not working, probably due to constant drops, and (2) battery was at 85%. Anything below 85 means, resale value takes a skydive here.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 14:34   #15930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
You can find it by doing the following:-

Go to Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Analytics & Improvements -> Analytics Data -> Analytics File of a particular date would be present (Ex. Analytics-2023-10-05-012402.ips.ca)

- Click on that file and open it.
- Now select all the text on the file and paste it on your Notes app.
- Now by using Find on Note type this ‘last_value_CycleCount’
Thanks for the tip

Copying the content from the file was a real pain as it contains huge data and Select All option not available. So I shared the file to my Gmail, and downloaded and open it on a Notepad in Win11.

My12 Mini charging cycle count stands at 740 after nearly 2 years and battery health shows as 81%.
rx100 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks