Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2012, 14:14   #1876
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Just for records, though this deal is no longer available. Beat Diesel LS was available at 4.26 OTR in Pune, with free music player of LT thrown in free. No other freebies. This was only for 2011 stock depending on availability. Offer or increased price for 2012 stock was unknown.

Sorry if it is unusable, but I wanted it to be documented somewhere for future buyers.
Old 2nd January 2012, 15:47   #1877
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Hi All,

I hear prices of almost all cars are going to be increased in January in the range of 1-3 %.

Skoda is saying 1-2%, Audi is saying 2% and most others are increasing as well. How true is that
Old 2nd January 2012, 16:08   #1878
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarsiddhi View Post
Hi All,

I hear prices of almost all cars are going to be increased in January in the range of 1-3 %.

Skoda is saying 1-2%, Audi is saying 2% and most others are increasing as well. How true is that
I was also told by a couple of dealerships (Ford and VW) that a similar price increase is expected.
Old 2nd January 2012, 18:41   #1879
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Received an SMS from Ford (MPL Ford.. can't remember) that price of all models are expected to go up between 3 - 4% from 1st Jan 2012.

It is already 2nd Jan 2012, but no news on the price increase.
Old 3rd January 2012, 00:41   #1880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
This is highly possible, as last month in Delhi the salesman was ready to deliver diesel models; of selected colours; withing 3 days, the time required to get the car from stockyard and prepare it for delivery. So they must have accumulated a month or two of stock.
The sales person here told me the same. They have few colours like white, which are available immediately. But Black colour has a waiting period of 2 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
Not sure about VW, but did hear about some discounts being offered by TATA on the Vista VX which have been manufactured in 2011. Is VW offering any discounts on their 2011 stock ? Wish all manufacturers had a year-end clearance sale.
The sales person sent me the quote today. No discounts, not even the corporate discount which they offered till the end of Dec 11.

VENTO HIGHTINE DIESEL 990,533.00
(Ex- Showroom Price)
ROAD TAX 153,930.00
INSURANCE 38,876.00
PROCESSTN6/REG, TR CHARGES 7,000.00
ESSENTIAT PACK 3.192.00
EXTENDED WARRANTY 11,206.00
Total on- Road Price 1,204,737.00
Old 3rd January 2012, 09:41   #1881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaja View Post
VENTO HIGHTINE DIESEL 990,533.00
(Ex- Showroom Price)
ROAD TAX 153,930.00
INSURANCE 38,876.00
PROCESSTN6/REG, TR CHARGES 7,000.00
ESSENTIAT PACK 3.192.00
EXTENDED WARRANTY 11,206.00
Total on- Road Price 1,204,737.00
12+ lacs for Vento. Man, Vento looks too expensive now. IMO The moment a car crosses 10 lacs barrier, most people would start looking at options from the next segment, such as Altis, Civic, Laura, Cruze, etc. And after the launch of Rapid, I don't think VW will do any price correction for Vento.
Old 4th January 2012, 01:19   #1882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
12+ lacs for Vento. Man, Vento looks too expensive now. IMO The moment a car crosses 10 lacs barrier, most people would start looking at options from the next segment, such as Altis, Civic, Laura, Cruze, etc. And after the launch of Rapid, I don't think VW will do any price correction for Vento.
Do not think that VW will do any price correction. As of now, there is a difference of around Rs. 65,000 between Rapid Elegance TDI and Veno HL TDI. Of course, Vento has few additional features like Rear parking sensors and steering mounted controls, which may not justify the additional cost. The sales person says that there would be price increase of 3% from this month, not sure exactly when.
Old 4th January 2012, 08:31   #1883
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
But then you also need to factor in that everyone is increasing the prices accordingly. The gap will always be maintained in the long run between different segment cars. But yes Vento has seen a lot of price hikes recently I think and it even shows in there sales. Its overtaken by the Verna and the City almost every month ( ofcourse before Honda had the flood issues to deal with). Confused as to why VW can't launch a CL variant now atleast.

Last edited by drmohitg : 4th January 2012 at 08:33.
Old 4th January 2012, 08:36   #1884
Team-BHP Support

^^I was told by the dealer that a price hike of 15-20K is expected on the Vento this month.
Old 4th January 2012, 09:08   #1885
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute
+ 100 K, Ajay.

12L + for the Vento is beyond comprehension.

All said and done, the Vento has a Brilliant Diesel, but 12L + makes no sense for a Polo with a "well" integrated boot.

Interiors on the Vento are not all that great, neither is the space.

Around the Diwali time, Laura 1.8 Tsi was being offered at 12L OTR with all discounts, I myself settled for an Optra LS @ 8.63 OTR.

One one my friends who got his own Insurance and Reg. (CH) got the Cruze LT for 12.10, and with Ins and Reg it totalled him, 12. 65L

12L + for a Vento is a BIG NO NO.

PS: All the Vento owners, please do not take my views in an offensive manner.

Happy Motoring !!
Old 4th January 2012, 09:26   #1886
BHPian

I too agree to this.
12 lakhs for C segment car which is based on a hatchback is not a very enticing proposition.
No wonder Vento isn't doing the numbers it should have been doing. Top end buyers should be landing up at Toyota (altis D) and Chevy (Cruze) showroom atleast for the status associated with them

Under performing Linea MJD or even Optra Magnum make for real vfm.
Old 4th January 2012, 09:27   #1887
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
12L + for the Vento is beyond comprehension.

One one my friends who got his own Insurance and Reg. (CH) got the Cruze LT for 12.10, and with Ins and Reg it totalled him, 12. 65L

12L + for a Vento is a BIG NO NO.
Hey thats not a fair comparison. The 12L + for the Vento is the OTR price in bangalore. The 12.65L OTR price for Cruze is in Chandigarh. You can't comapre apples with oranges right? Bangalore the road tax is around 18% and Chandigarh its a paltry 3%. Thats a whopping difference of 15%. On a 10L car it amounts to 1.5L. On a 12L Cruze it amounts to even more. The same cruze would have costed your friend around 15L in Bangalore and the same Vento will cost only 10.xx cost in chandigarh my friend.

We can only compare ex-showroom prices since the road tax variations are too extreme across the country.

But another 20k increase in Vento's prices is totally uncalled for. They just jacked up the prices a couple of months back. The inflation is not that high to increase the prices by another 20k so soon. I think it probably is a false alarm by the dealers in order to clear there 2011 stocks.
Old 4th January 2012, 09:34   #1888
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg
Hey thats not a fair comparison. The 12L + for the Vento is the OTR price in bangalore. The 12.65L OTR price for Cruze is in Chandigarh. You can't comapre apples with oranges right? Bangalore the road tax is around 18% and Chandigarh its a paltry 3%. Thats a whopping difference of 15%. On a 10L car it amounts to 1.5L. On a 12L Cruze it amounts to even more. The same cruze would have costed your friend around 15L in Bangalore and the same Vento will cost only 10.xx cost in chandigarh my friend.

We can only compare ex-showroom prices since the road tax variations are too extreme across the country.
Mohit -

Agreed, that the Reg cost is different, but the crux of the matter remains, 12L for Vento is way too on the higher side.

Skaja, can buy it from Bangalore and get it registered somewhere else, there are thousands of work arounds.

There are better option than the Vento when you look at the 12L bracket.

Cheers.
Old 4th January 2012, 09:40   #1889
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Mohit -

Agreed, that the Reg cost is different, but the crux of the matter remains, 12L for Vento is way too on the higher side.
There are better option than the Vento when you look at the 12L bracket.
But thats the point right? 12L for the Vento is in a city where the Cruze is 15L. So that gap of 3L is maintained whichever way you look at it. A person buying a car in Bangalore with a budget of 12L cannot have the luxury of looking at Altis/Cruze/Laura etc.

Quote:
Skaja, can buy it from Bangalore and get it registered somewhere else, there are thousands of work arounds.
Bangalore traffic police keeps going on these drives to check against outstation number cars plying on the roads. I have stayed in Bangalore for 6 years and trust me its not a pleasant experience if you are driving an Out station car without having paid the Karnataka Road tax. For a city like Delhi its alright to drive a out of state registered car since nobody checks on them owing to the huge number of cars coming in from surrounding cities ( NCR).

Last edited by drmohitg : 4th January 2012 at 09:41.
Old 4th January 2012, 09:49   #1890
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg
But thats the point right? 12L for the Vento is in a city where the Cruze is 15L. So that gap of 3L is maintained whichever way you look at it. A person buying a car in Bangalore with a budget of 12L cannot have the luxury of looking at Altis/Cruze/Laura etc.
Again, I agree it has to do with the state road tax, but as I said 12L for Vento in any state is a BIG NO.

Skaja, can go for a TL Vento, a base Rapid if he is looking for VW family. Beyond that there is Optra, if he is into SUV's, XUV, T-Saf, basically 12L is a lot of money to play around.

Quote:
Bangalore traffic police keeps going on these drives to check against outstation number cars plying on the roads. I have stayed in Bangalore for 6 years and trust me its not a pleasant experience if you are driving an Out station car without having paid the Karnataka Road tax. For a city like Delhi its alright to drive a out of state registered car since nobody checks on them owing to the huge number of cars coming in from surrounding cities ( NCR).
No clue on this Mohit, no clue how it works NCR either.

Last edited by Torquedo : 4th January 2012 at 09:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks