Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2011, 13:29   #1846
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickster View Post
Since pure driving pleasure is whats on my mind, I have a strong inclination to go the base style which anyway has the essential ABS and Airbags.

What say folks?
Still you may like to add alloy wheels, for driving pleasure. Did you contact the PVS dealers in Kozhikode and Malappuram? When we first approached the Kannur dealer for a 1.4 Fiesta SXI in early June, 2011, they offered it to us for 9,18,000/-. But a few days later, the Malappuram dealer was ready for 9,07000/-, and finally the Kannur dealer sold it to us for 9,03000/-.
The kairali Ford at Trichur - did you have a talk with them?

Vipin.
Old 19th December 2011, 14:02   #1847
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

My neighbor booked an Alto K10 Lxi.
The price was Rs. 3.26 lacs after discounts.
Discount: Rs. 21000 (standard Maruti discount)
Discount2: Rs. 10000 (on producing Army letter - it seems they have some scheme for Army families)

No freebies. Not even mats and sun-films. Seems that Maruti has issued a letter (the sales guy showed me the same) that no dealer should offer any other discount or any free accessory.

Did a quick PDI (less than 10 minutes) of the car - it was horribly dusty. But all seems well. The front tyres were week 33 and the rear ones and the spare were week 40. Else all was OK.
Odo reading was 7 KM.
Old 19th December 2011, 18:10   #1848
BHPian

Re: Killer deal on Merc E 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Figures! What figures??
My only point was that there was nothing hush hush about the deal as it was advertised openly in Dilli-NCR.
What I was trying to say is that had you bothered to call any of the dealers mentioned in the advt, the price quoted by them would be much higher than the offer that I have mentioned. The only thing common in the two deals is the petrol card.

Old 19th December 2011, 19:15   #1849
Senior - BHPian

Anyone interested to buy Linea T-Jet+ in Chennai can get in touch with VST Motors, Chennai. They are offering at 8.7L OTR. This is awesome deal in my opinion.
Old 21st December 2011, 16:45   #1850
BHPian

Went for FIGO diesel test drive. The sales guy said only white figo zxi model was available rest all sold out. Also for 2012 models the price increase will be 3%.
The discount offered if 7k corporate discount and 3.5k of accessories.
Accessories - Mud flaps, 3M paint coat, floor mat and boot mat.

Guys let me know is this good offer?
What else we can bargain for?
Old 21st December 2011, 20:13   #1851
Distinguished - BHPian

Whats the best offer available on the Tata Manza diesel at present? Also is there anything on the Sunny diesel or the Vento TDI HL?
Old 22nd December 2011, 08:57   #1852

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary

Thanks Ajay, you are right. For now, its 1.2 Petrol TL suit my budget the best. Here is the deal from VW Downtown, let me know if it sounds good:
I can either choose Breeze offer or Bouquet offer:
Breeze offer: Navigation Satellite system + Leather seat covers + Distance Parking control + Breeze Pillows + Stickers & Branding + 8000 Worth accessories
Bouquet offer: Free Insurance (17039), Accessories worth (15000), AMC for 3 years (18000), Exchange bonus (15000), 6.99% VW Financing for 3 years
*One can choose up to 40,000 worth of stuff only in Bouquet offer. I am planning to opt free insurance + 6.99% financing (EMI per lack is 2071 for 5 years) and Accessories worth 15000 in which case I might have to end up paying differential if it exceeds 40000.
Now the deal:
Base price – 463093
Road tax – 66825
Registration charges – 6000
Essential kit – 2850
Total payable = 5,38,768
Corporate discount – 8000 (10,000 on CL and HL) = 5,30,768 (TL)
Booked within 2 days – 10000 (Only on HL)
Now, the sales guy calls me:
Sir we have no 1.2L (TL) Petrol in stock and that I must choose wither CL or HL. I am particular about White color and it seems the stock will arrive only in Jan 2012. Note the offer is valid only for this year.
Need to hear from Polo owners what deal they got for 1.2 TL Petrol?
I booked a Polo 1.2l petrol from Tornado Motors (Mumbai) and managed to get a cash discount instead of the bouquet offer.

So what I got was an overall cash discount of approx 50k ( incl of the 8k corporate discount) making the on road price 4.83 lakhs.
I did opt for extended warranty for the 3rd and 4th year so doesn't seem like a bad deal so far.
Old 22nd December 2011, 11:41   #1853
Distinguished - BHPian

Received a quotation from Shubh Honda for the new "facelift" Honda City:

Variant - Corporate Edition

Ex-showroom - 7,15,000/-

Logistic Charges - 4,500/- (same as Handling/Transportation/Depot)

Comprehensive Insurance - 19,291/- (Honda Assure)

Registration - 54,550/- (comes to 50,050/-; 4500/- commission/brokerage)

Temporary Registration - 1,000/- (to get registered in my city)

---------------
OTR - 7,93,341/-
---------------

Accessories planned:

Caska Navigation System - 53,980/- (including component speakers)

Fog lamps - 19,634/-

Side-step illuminated garnishes - 10,117/-

Art Leather matching Black seat covers - 7,783/-

Discounts offered:

- NONE.
Old 22nd December 2011, 14:40   #1854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Received a quotation from Shubh Honda for the new "facelift" Honda City:

Variant - Corporate Edition

Ex-showroom - 7,15,000/-

Logistic Charges - 4,500/- (same as Handling/Transportation/Depot)

Comprehensive Insurance - 19,291/- (Honda Assure)

- NONE.
is any corporate discount on offer for new city?
Old 22nd December 2011, 15:14   #1855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fog lamps - 19,634/-
Fog Lamps for almost 20K
Maybe due to entire internal wiring etc. but still can't believe.
Old 22nd December 2011, 16:15   #1856
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Fog Lamps for almost 20K
That's a standard Honda price, whether you buy Jazz or City. They also give another option of fog lamps @ 7k, which are not Honda branded.
Old 22nd December 2011, 16:44   #1857
BHPian

Quote:

Accessories planned:

Caska Navigation System - 53,980/- (including component speakers)
Is this price quoted by Honda dealer? Are you sure you want to pay this price?AFAIK, this unit is way cheaper outside the dealership. Cost of this unit shouldn't be more than 32-33K(custom fitting ), excluding speakers. Which components brand you are getting? verify their price as well. You can have a look at Blaupunkt Newyork 800 as well, MRP some 37 K, discounts offered on the same, check your neighbourhood stores.
nawalsingal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 17:18   #1858
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Fog Lamps for almost 20K
Fog lamps were always 20k.

Worst part, you have to buy them in pair. Honda A.S.S. doesn't sell a single piece.
Old 22nd December 2011, 17:49   #1859
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurja View Post
is any corporate discount on offer for new city?
Nope. No discounts or freebies of any sort are on offer for now.

Quote:
Fog Lamps for almost 20K
Like Ajay and libran said, that's the standard Honda price. But these new fog lamps look rather cheap in their black plastic casing. The older oval ones were much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawalsingal View Post
Is this price quoted by Honda dealer? Are you sure you want to pay this price?AFAIK, this unit is way cheaper outside the dealership. Cost of this unit shouldn't be more than 32-33K(custom fitting ), excluding speakers. Which components brand you are getting? verify their price as well. You can have a look at Blaupunkt Newyork 800 as well, MRP some 37 K, discounts offered on the same, check your neighbourhood stores.
Yes, the price has been quoted by the Honda dealer. That's why I put it in the "planning" stage. I also felt that they were over-quoting by at least 10K, if not more.

They said they will get me either Pioneer or Sony speakers, but I am skeptical about their performance. I insisted on Alpine. Let's see if they get those.

I always have the option of getting my City as it is, and get everything fitted from outside. Thanks for the rec, buddy. I am a big fan of Blaupunkt sound. Will do a check for those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Fog lamps were always 20k.

Worst part, you have to buy them in pair. Honda A.S.S. doesn't sell a single piece.
Yep, and you are stuck if one of them goes kaput. You have to buy the pair, and the other working one you have becomes useless, until one of the new pair of fogs you get goes kaput.
Old 22nd December 2011, 19:11   #1860
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, the price has been quoted by the Honda dealer. That's why I put it in the "planning" stage. I also felt that they were over-quoting by at least 10K, if not more.

They said they will get me either Pioneer or Sony speakers, but I am skeptical about their performance. I insisted on Alpine. Let's see if they get those.

I always have the option of getting my City as it is, and get everything fitted from outside. Thanks for the rec, buddy. I am a big fan of Blaupunkt sound. Will do a check for those.
Welcome anytime buddy,
For Blaupunkt, look here
:Blaupunkt: Multimedia Navigation[view]=1563

Stay away from components of Pio/Sony. @5K(Discounted Price) a pair, Rockfords are much better

Most Viewed