Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2012, 14:46   #1906
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

For guys in Hyderabad there's some good news, if they are planning to buy a Hyundai car. Just received this sms from Talwar Hyundai.
Quote:
LIMITED STOCKS of 2011 Hyundai car available with discounts upto Rs. 49,000/- on i10 & Rs.27,000/- on Eon. Hurry!! Offer valid till stocks last. Call Rehman : 9848268621 - Talwar Hyundai
Old 19th January 2012, 14:59   #1907
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
For guys in Hyderabad there's some good news, if they are planning to buy a Hyundai car. Just received this sms from Talwar Hyundai.
UPTO

That's a dangerous and ambigous word. Never get enticed by these ads. What they say in ads in generally not what you actually get.

When you actually approach them. Just a hypothetical example, they will offer free insurance, seat covers, stereo, remote locking at prices way higher than normal prices ( sometimes they are 50% higher) in market and make it sound as if they are giving you Rs.49000 discount.

In principle, it will not be more than 25K which is no big deal.

My 2 cents...
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 16:00   #1908
Distinguished - BHPian

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-untitled.jpg

Polo :-

15000 + Corporate Discount on the Diesels,
25000 + Corporate Discounts on the Petrols.

Vento :-

30000 + Corporate Discount on the Diesel Trendline,
35000 + Corporate Discount on the Diesel Highline,
40000 + Corporate Discount on the Petrol Trendline,
50000 + Corporate Discount on the Petrol Highline.

All offers on existing 2011 stocks only.

Choice of colors depending on availability at dealer level only.

For more info, contact your nearest VW dealers.
Old 19th January 2012, 16:13   #1909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Polo :-
15000 + Corporate Discount on the Diesels, 25000 + Corporate Discounts on the Petrols.

Vento :- 30000 + Corporate Discount on the Diesel Trendline, 35000 + Corporate Discount on the Diesel Highline,
40000 + Corporate Discount on the Petrol Trendline, 50000 + Corporate Discount on the Petrol Highline.

All offers on existing 2011 stocks only. Choice of colors depending on availability at dealer level only.
For more info, contact your nearest VW dealers.
Thanks a lot Raven for the clarifcation. Any specific offer on Polo 1.6 or the offer on Polo petrol applies to Polo 1.6 as it is?
Old 19th January 2012, 16:17   #1910
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Thanks a lot Raven for the clarifcation. Any specific offer on Polo 1.6 or the offer on Polo petrol applies to Polo 1.6 as it is?
I think it applies to all petrol Polos, Ajay. And I am sure those cash discounts can be increased by a bit more haggling.

As per my understanding, there's a surplus of petrol Polos/Ventos lying within the VW stockyards (all 2011 models, mostly white Ventos and red Polos), and VW is pretty keen to dispose of them, before bringing in the facelifts later this year.

I am a bit surprised on the diesel offers. Rapid effect, or overpriced to begin with?
Old 21st January 2012, 13:31   #1911
Senior - BHPian

Just got off the phone with a VW dealer. This is the deal he offered.

Black/Blue VW Polo Highline 1.2 TDI, 2011 manufactured and he's offering a 30k discount on the OTR, a further 10k corp discount which i'm not eligible for.

Should i go ahead with this deal ? Resale value not a big criteria as i will keep the car for 5 years. Also, how much will i lose in terms of resale for a 2011 car v/s a 2012 car, say 2 or 3 years from now ?
Old 21st January 2012, 16:02   #1912
BHPian

Its a miracle that you are getting discount on a diesel VW car !
Forget about losing on resale value, you can even expect hike in its value if govt passes any such tax for diesel cars as proposed by the ministry.

Still what is the month of manufacturing for the car ?
Do your PDI and if everything is in order then just go for it IMO.

Any idea about Polo 1.6's offer?
Old 21st January 2012, 21:18   #1913
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk
Just got off the phone with a VW dealer. This is the deal he offered.

Black/Blue VW Polo Highline 1.2 TDI, 2011 manufactured and he's offering a 30k discount on the OTR, a further 10k corp discount which i'm not eligible for.

Should i go ahead with this deal ? Resale value not a big criteria as i will keep the car for 5 years. Also, how much will i lose in terms of resale for a 2011 car v/s a 2012 car, say 2 or 3 years from now ?
Glad to hear this! If you ask me, I would say lap it up like a shot! It's a lovely car indeed. Forget re-sale, enjoy the purchase for the next 3-4-5 years! Any difference between 2011 and 2012 model is only notional. Anyway you are registering it in 2012 so don't worry too much about it! Honestly! I have done the same with my Yeti. Bought and registered in Dec 2011. Can't be bothered about all this 2011 model but regd. in 2012 sort of stuff! Anyway the cars which you buy in Jan, Feb and March are likely to have been made the previous year. That is also one reason you are getting a discount so save your money, take the benefit offered and have fun with your new car! ZNMD remember?

Last edited by shankar.balan : 21st January 2012 at 21:23.
Old 22nd January 2012, 13:58   #1914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Its a miracle that you are getting discount on a diesel VW car !

Still what is the month of manufacturing for the car ?
Do your PDI and if everything is in order then just go for it IMO.

Any idea about Polo 1.6's offer?
Thanks for the prompt response. It indeed is a miracle to hear of discounts on a diesel VW! The month of manufacture is Dec 2011(1st week) i've not done the VIN check but this is as per the VW dealer.

The polo 1.6 has a cash offer of 50k plus a further 10k of corporate discount. It'll be 7.3 lakhs OTR bangalore after all discounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Glad to hear this! If you ask me, I would say lap it up like a shot! It's a lovely car indeed. Forget re-sale, enjoy the purchase for the next 3-4-5 years! Any difference between 2011 and 2012 model is only notional. Anyway you are registering it in 2012 so don't worry too much about it! Honestly! I have done the same with my Yeti. Bought and registered in Dec 2011. Can't be bothered about all this 2011 model but regd. in 2012 sort of stuff! Anyway the cars which you buy in Jan, Feb and March are likely to have been made the previous year. That is also one reason you are getting a discount so save your money, take the benefit offered and have fun with your new car! ZNMD remember?
True! All in all i save about 40k on the Highline. The engine is not as punchy as in the Swift, but heck after discounts the difference b/w a Swift ZDI and the Polo Highline is only 24k! I'm ok with the little compromise in performance, will book the car and post an ownership review as soon as i clock a few kms

EDIT: Do we no longer get PM's if we're quoted in a thread ? I didn't get any PM for being quoted here.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 22nd January 2012 at 13:59.
Old 22nd January 2012, 14:08   #1915
BHPian

[Posted this query in another thread, but this thread is more relevant]

A query on 2011 Civic quote at Bangalore. There are two 2011 Civic V AT cars available, and the sales person offered 1.2 lakhs cash discount + Caska. If I choose not to take Caska, another 50K cash discount. Color choices are either white or silver. But they insist on insurance from them, with all the NCB transfer as well. All this were offered, when I went to check City VMT Sunroof. I did take test drive of both City and Civic (Manual) and found Civic much better all round (it has to be). I have asked the sales person to offer more. What do members here suggest? One more info is, one of these cars is a showroom piece. Thanks.
Old 22nd January 2012, 15:46   #1916
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Very good deal if you ask me. Good that you've lost no time in booking it!
Buy it and believe me, once you experience Euro you will not want to head back to Japanese or Korean!

Ive just come back from an 810 odd km trip - BLR-Chennai-BLR and believe me it was a breeze in the Yeti. Am not even tired!
Such fantastic handling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Thanks for the prompt response. It indeed is a miracle to hear of discounts on a diesel VW! The month of manufacture is Dec 2011(1st week) i've not done the VIN check but this is as per the VW dealer.

The polo 1.6 has a cash offer of 50k plus a further 10k of corporate discount. It'll be 7.3 lakhs OTR bangalore after all discounts.

True! All in all i save about 40k on the Highline. The engine is not as punchy as in the Swift, but heck after discounts the difference b/w a Swift ZDI and the Polo Highline is only 24k! I'm ok with the little compromise in performance, will book the car and post an ownership review as soon as i clock a few kms

EDIT: Do we no longer get PM's if we're quoted in a thread ? I didn't get any PM for being quoted here.
Old 22nd January 2012, 16:01   #1917
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey just a basic query: How does a corporate discount work? What all documents do you need to furnish to be eligible? I am a Doctor so not eligible for the corp discount. But the VW SA told me he can still give me the discount on my degree certificate. Can they do that? Also will he require any other document later like a pay slip or something? I am asking because I am still not working so there is no pay slip or anything. I can certainly give him my degree certificate. I don't want to lose out on the 15k corp discount on the Vento right now.
Old 22nd January 2012, 16:32   #1918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hey just a basic query: How does a corporate discount work? What all documents do you need to furnish to be eligible? I am a Doctor so not eligible for the corp discount. But the VW SA told me he can still give me the discount on my degree certificate. Can they do that? Also will he require any other document later like a pay slip or something? I am asking because I am still not working so there is no pay slip or anything. I can certainly give him my degree certificate. I don't want to lose out on the 15k corp discount on the Vento right now.
Even we were told by many dealers (Maruti/Hyundai/Fiat) that we aren't eligible for corporate discount as we're CA's in practice.

However with VW, they give you a corp discount if your relative is working in a corporate, and you can establish the relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Buy it and believe me, once you experience Euro you will not want to head back to Japanese or Korean!
True, we've been experiencing euro cars since 2007 when we bought the Octavia. Its 5 years old with 70k on the odo and it still feels good. The gearbox, engine, ride and handling all paste a smile on my face whenever i take it out for a drive.

While on the topic, yesterday i was at Vinayak cars and i've to say current gen Skoda's don't feel as well-built as our Octavia. I don't know if its cost-cutting or what, but that solid feeling i get when i open/shut the doors on our car was missing in the current gen fabia/Rapid.
Old 22nd January 2012, 16:37   #1919
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Even we were told by many dealers (Maruti/Hyundai/Fiat) that we aren't eligible for corporate discount as we're CA's in practice.

However with VW, they give you a corp discount if your relative is working in a corporate, and you can establish the relationship.
Even that is not possible in my case since most of the people in my family are into business. But the VW SA did say that he can pass on the discount on just producing my Degree which is cool with me. All I am worried is what if at the last moment he decided to backtrack and ask for someother documents. And hence my query as to what all documents are required for the corp discount.
Old 22nd January 2012, 16:48   #1920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Even that is not possible in my case since most of the people in my family are into business. But the VW SA did say that he can pass on the discount on just producing my Degree which is cool with me. All I am worried is what if at the last moment he decided to backtrack and ask for someother documents. And hence my query as to what all documents are required for the corp discount.
well, regarding the documents in my case he asked for ID card, Passport copy(relationship proof), PAN card and a HR letter from the company.

See if you can get anything in writing from the dealer. Ask him to mail a proforma invoice, mentioning details on the corp discount along with ALL documents required. So later if he goes back on his words, you have some proof to fall back on.

Hope it helps
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks