Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2012, 00:24   #2521
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Guess which model gets it worst? The Jazz of course! Due to it's more CKD nature, price goes up by 15k.

God help Honda.
Really, first of all its PETROL and on top of that this hike. In India even 15k matters to the consumers!
Old 25th September 2012, 06:46   #2522
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

It seems every car has some kind of discount at the end of the month. We were car shopping yesterday and here's what we found. Prices mentioned are for Trivandrum:

Swift: No offers. They will tell you that there are no cars for immediate delivery, but after you press a bit, they will make 'special arrangements' so that you can have a car the next day, if you agree to take 25K worth of accessories from the showroom. I was offered a Swift VDi for 7L OTR. Not mentioning the dealer, but I guess it's the same story. If there's a cancellation, these guys hold on to the car and sell it to the highest bidder. People should stop buying these cars just on principle.

Ford: 10K cash discount on the Fiesta Classic Diesel. Free Insurance on the Figo as the facelift is coming soon, worth 19K for Figo Titanium TDCi, bringing the price down to 6.65L for the fully loaded car with alloys. Awesome deal, IMO.

Renault: Free Insurance and 10K cash discount for the RxZ diesel, but after some haggling, dealer also offered it to us on the base RXL diesel. Effective discount is now about 26K on the RXZ. This brings the price of the RxL to 6.56L and the RxZ to 7.11L OTR.

VW: There's a whopping 35K cash discount on the Polo TDI Trendline, and a 22K discount on the popular Comfortline. Didn't ask about the Highline because it was completely out of our range. Offers are also available on the Vento. It's only till the 25th, which is today, so hurry. Price for Polo TDI Trendline was 6.82L OTR, and Comfortline was 7.46 OTR.
vivekgk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 07:54   #2523
Team-BHP Support

Skoda:

Yeti: 2 Lakh discount plus rear sensors.

Rapid: discount of 30k on mid variant and 60k on top variant.

This is what I've recently seen in mumbai - September / ganpati offer I think.
Old 25th September 2012, 08:49   #2524
BANNED

News about a price hike by Maruti and Honda is spreading. I wonder how these baffoons can do that, when Rupee rates are down, at around 53! Diesel price hike and transportation cost hike are cited, but Rupee appreciation not mentioned!
Old 25th September 2012, 09:32   #2525

The new of car price hike came around 24th september 2012 around 9Pm, where Honda announed that they are increaisng the car prices by oct-1st, maruti news followed with no specific timelines.

With discounts evrywhere to the oliver twist versions ( petrol versions ), this may actually offset the discounts of car makers.

Though the thought ran thorugh my mind that, this might be a game by car makers to garner more bookings, the proce hike of honda 1st OCT kind of defeats this theory, as the buyer has to pay the cost prevailing on delivery, in which case if your car delivery is after 2 weeks, you might have to dig in a bit more deeper into your posket or the banks pocket for extra loan
Old 25th September 2012, 10:46   #2526
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Renault: Free Insurance and 10K cash discount for the RxZ diesel, but after some haggling, dealer also offered it to us on the base RXL diesel. Effective discount is now about 26K on the RXZ. This brings the price of the RxL to 6.56L and the RxZ to 7.11L OTR.
Vivek, I see the ex-showroom prices for TVM as follows,

Petrol RxE 7.2
Petrol RxL 8.2

Diesel (85) RxE 7.9
Diesel (85) RxL 8.9

6.5L On road for RxL seems like a discount of atleast 2.5L!!

Am I missing something?
Old 25th September 2012, 11:08   #2527
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post

Petrol RxE 7.2
Petrol RxL 8.2

Diesel (85) RxE 7.9
Diesel (85) RxL 8.9

Am I missing something?
Seem like prices for two different car models. Guessing by the prices, what Vivek mentioned look to be prices for Pulse, whereas the ones mentioned by Dry Ice seem to be for Scala.

Hope one of the two can clarify the same

EDIT: Though just to add, prices mentioned by ^^ seem too less as far as the Diesel RxE & RxL are concerned, in fact, IIRC Scala does not have a RxE model in a Diesel avatar.

Last edited by Prodigyy : 25th September 2012 at 11:14. Reason: Additions made
Old 25th September 2012, 11:10   #2528
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

received in mail today , in case anybody interested .

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-ford.jpg

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-ford2.jpg
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 11:59   #2529
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
Seem like prices for two different car models. Guessing by the prices, what Vivek mentioned look to be prices for Pulse, whereas the ones mentioned by Dry Ice seem to be for Scala.

Hope one of the two can clarify the same

EDIT: Though just to add, prices mentioned by ^^ seem too less as far as the Diesel RxE & RxL are concerned, in fact, IIRC Scala does not have a RxE model in a Diesel avatar.
I mentioned Duster prices. Totally forgot Renault is selling other cars as well, lol!
Could be, that vivek was quoting for Pulse.
Old 25th September 2012, 12:06   #2530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
received in mail today , in case anybody interested .

Attachment 991465

Attachment 991466
Heard this advertisement on Radio Mirchi, Delhi today on my way to office. Any info on the discounts for the Fiesta and Endeavor models ??

The advertisement per se only conveyed discounts on the Figo model & an assured gift with all Ford vehicles
Old 25th September 2012, 12:27   #2531
Senior - BHPian

There are offers on the Fiesta along the lines of exchange bonus , loyalty , free insurance etc , read it in the Times of India today , there was an ad out - what i am slightly unsure of is whether it was on the new or the Classic.

At any rate , ford dealers in Delhi seem to be really disorganized , i stopped at the dealership in Defence colony on Sunday

Me : Hi. You dont have the new Fiesta on display?
SE : No Sir

Me : When will it be here?
SE : Dont know sir , might not come only

Me : So if i want you to organize a test drive then how does that work?
SE : Sorry but wont be able to offer you a test drive

ME: Then how do i decide if i want to book the car or not? If nothing else , atleast 1 TD is required

SE : Sorry sir , but we can take your booking

ME : I dont want to book without a TD
SE : Its not a big deal saar , good car , you dont need to do a TD as suc

ME : <moving on> What are the offers running on the car this month?
SE : No Offers sir , its doing well

ME : no its not , its not selling , what are you offering at a dealership level
SE : <Some mumbling > , nothing sir , full amount

ME : The company is running a scheme , i have seen the ads so why are you saying that no offers are on

SE : Sir we dont have any information on it.

ME : How long for delivery
SE : 8-10 weeks

ME : !!!!! that long , for a car which is not doing too well to begin with , how do you explain that

SE : Sir , thats what the company says

ME : Can i have a brochure
SE : sorry sir , no brochures available

So much for that, thats when i said a hurried thank you and left

I dont understand this attitude - i think what Ford has done is simply stopped manufacturing the fiesta except on confirmed orders , which might make sense for them but unfortunately does not do anything for me as a buyer

Sorry , i have learnt to have a lot of patience with dealerships but this is too much - no display car , no TD and no brochure!

Quote:
Heard this advertisement on Radio Mirchi, Delhi today on my way to office. Any info on the discounts for the Fiesta and Endeavor models ??

The advertisement per se only conveyed discounts on the Figo model & an assured gift with all Ford vehicles
puchoo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 12:44   #2532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
There are offers on the Fiesta along the lines of exchange bonus , loyalty , free insurance etc , read it in the Times of India today , there was an ad out - what i am slightly unsure of is whether it was on the new or the Classic.
While on the lookout for a sedan this past month, i endured similar responses from various dealerships. Special mention for exceptionally poor dealerships must go to VW & Ford. They seem least interested in selling any of the cars and this is even more perplexing is the fact that this is from VW & Ford.

Fiesta is definitely not raking in the numbers. I guess, Ford is content selling the Classic & the Figo that seems to be the only logical way to explain this attitude.

Last edited by bblost : 25th September 2012 at 14:34. Reason: Please do not quote a large post in full. Thanks.
Old 25th September 2012, 14:11   #2533
BHPian

Quote:

Petrol RxE 7.2
Petrol RxL 8.2

Diesel (85) RxE 7.9
Diesel (85) RxL 8.9

Am I missing something?
Oops! Totally forgot to mention the model! It's the Pulse. Which is why I was also shopping for the Figo and Polo, which are in the same bracket. The Scala was 8.9L+, no discounts.
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 15:03   #2534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Am I missing something?
Quote:
Quote:
I mentioned Duster prices. Totally forgot Renault is selling other cars as well, lol!
Could be, that vivek was quoting for Pulse.
Quote:
Oops! Totally forgot to mention the model! It's the Pulse. Which is why I was also shopping for the Figo and Polo, which are in the same bracket. The Scala was 8.9L+, no discounts.

I am dead confused guys.

Could someone please specify prices of Pulse, Scala and Duster one by one???
Old 25th September 2012, 15:17   #2535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I am dead confused guys.

Could someone please specify prices of Pulse, Scala and Duster one by one???
Lol yes, a whole lot of confusion going around with Renault on this thread !!!

Quote:
^^ Renault Pulse prices these

Quote:

Petrol RxE 7.2
Petrol RxL 8.2

Diesel (85) RxE 7.9
Diesel (85) RxL 8.9
^^ Renault Duster Prices

Quote:
^^ Renault Scala Prices (Indicative i believe)
IMO, Scala in most ex-showroom prices starts around 7.1 for Petrol, 8.7 lacs for the entry Diesel Model & 9.7 lacs for Diesel top model.
The Scala prices which i write here are only research based, i have NOT visited the showroom in person to confirm the same.
Prodigyy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks