Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2012, 08:17   #2401
BHPian

Skoda shield is not included in discount . We are only getting cash discount
Old 14th September 2012, 09:06   #2402
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
Hi am scouting around for a laura diesel. Before any real negotiation have been offered a the skoda shield free. What kind of of additional discount should one ask for and expect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
Hi is this including the discount for skoda shield or over and above that.
I think without any negotiations, you can get skoda shield free, thats what was told to me as well. So thats around 70-75k depending upon which model you are opting for. Additionally you can negotiate for 15-20k, so 90k quoted manyu looks fine. Last month the discounts on diesel were higher. Though discounts on petrol laura have gone up by ~ 25-30k this month. You can also negotiate to get the standard accessories free, which skoda quotes for 8k, this includes mud flaps, floor mats, mirror lock and polishing of the car before delivery.
Old 14th September 2012, 10:30   #2403
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

BMW offers the X1 Petrol (sDrive 18i variant) at a mouth watering 19.90L. The cheapest way to own a new BMW, I would presume.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-bmw-x1-19_90l.jpg
dkaile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2012, 11:02   #2404
BHPian

Petrol Laura ambiente 11.99 ex showroom
Old 14th September 2012, 11:18   #2405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manyu
Which city sir ? Are you sure it's Ambiente and not Ambition ?
Old 14th September 2012, 11:28   #2406
Senior - BHPian

INR 60,000 discounts on Ritz Petrol! Are they discontinuing it? First there was no 'refreshed' petrol model and now the discounts.
http://www.topgear.com/india/car-new...trol/itemid-50
Old 14th September 2012, 14:09   #2407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manyu View Post
This would be ex showroom Delhi right?

There is a retail offer of 2.25 lakhs on the laura, hence the above price is my guess.
Old 14th September 2012, 14:26   #2408
BHPian

I was speaking to the Skoda guy yesterday and according to him the cash discount on Laura Diesel is 75 K and skoda shield is free.

Going by the monthly sales figures I think you can get some more goodies if you bargain hard.
Old 14th September 2012, 14:51   #2409
Senior - BHPian

Are there any discounts on SX4 Diesel, my friend is looking to buy it. I personally asked him to buy the Nissan Sunny diesel rather than the SX4 VDI!
Old 14th September 2012, 20:46   #2410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
I think without any negotiations, you can get skoda shield free, thats what was told to me as well. So thats around 70-75k depending upon which model you are opting for. Additionally you can negotiate for 15-20k, so 90k quoted manyu looks fine. Last month the discounts on diesel were higher. Though discounts on petrol laura have gone up by ~ 25-30k this month. You can also negotiate to get the standard accessories free, which skoda quotes for 8k, this includes mud flaps, floor mats, mirror lock and polishing of the car before delivery.
hi this the quote i have got

Model Name Skoda Elegance AT
Billing Mumbai
Loan Tenor 60 mnths
On Road Price 2084314
Ex-Showroom Price 1778406
Loan Amt. 1500000
Margin Money 278406
Insurance 81000
Regsitration 220909
EMI 32850
Finance Disc 30000
Dealer Disc 98000
Stamp Charges 8000
Total Down Payment 493165
Old 14th September 2012, 23:25   #2411
BHPian

Hyundai i20 petrol Asta has the following offer in Delhi-

Insurance free
15k loyalty bonus
15k exchange bonus
15k cash discount

Good offer for a newly launched fast moving car.
Old 15th September 2012, 00:42   #2412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Are there any discounts on SX4 Diesel, my friend is looking to buy it. I personally asked him to buy the Nissan Sunny diesel rather than the SX4 VDI!
There is a "Celebration Edition" and I guess some 40K discount (?) too. I prefer Sunny compared to this! There is nothing going for the SX4 D for a 10L price tag. Sunny will be any day a better bet. Guess SX4 is in for a generation change in 2 years, so your friend will lose out more in the re-sale process! SX4 VDi does NOT have ABS / Airbags as well!
Old 15th September 2012, 09:56   #2413
BHPian

Quote:
As rightly said by swiftnfurious "Celebration Edition" is currently on offer for the Sx4 and there is a Rs. 50K discount besides a Rs. 50K exchange bonus too, whereas the normal Sx4 Zdi is offering a Rs. 35K exchange bonus only.

And yes, your friend can bargain for other discounts like corporate discounts and all, i got a Rs. 9K discount quote from 2 dealers in Noida.

Nissan Sunny IS a better choice than Sx4 VDI, but i firmly believe that Sx4 ZDi is definitely a better choice than Nissan Sunny if your friend would be driving the car by himself. If your friend intends to use a chauffeur then i'd also suggest him to go for Sunny.

Sx4 is a pretty par for the course car with no stand-out points in its favor, but there arent any glaring problems with it either. All said and done, Sx4 has the famed Maruti Service for backup. Sx4 IMO is the right choice !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
There is a "Celebration Edition" and I guess some 40K discount (?) too. I prefer Sunny compared to this! There is nothing going for the SX4 D for a 10L price tag. Sunny will be any day a better bet. Guess SX4 is in for a generation change in 2 years, so your friend will lose out more in the re-sale process! SX4 VDi does NOT have ABS / Airbags as well!
Sx4 ZDi IMO would be a better choice than Sunny. Nissan is still a largely unknown commodity in the re-sale market, i dont think anyone can firmly say how would they mature in the used car market, whereas Maruti is an established performer in the re-sale area.

Agree that the Sx4 does not have any stand-out features which differentiates it from the competition, but Sx4 is definitely a very boringly reliable and established product, be it engine-wise, city driveability-wise, comfort-wise or any other parameter of measure. I believe MSIL has created the Sx4 to be competent in each aspect like an all rounder, and not excel in one area while ignoring the other outrightly.
Old 15th September 2012, 14:46   #2414
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...I personally asked him to buy the Nissan Sunny diesel rather than the SX4 VDI!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
....Agree that the Sx4 does not have any stand-out features which differentiates it from the competition, but Sx4 is definitely a very boringly reliable and established product, be it engine-wise, city driveability-wise, comfort-wise or any other parameter of measure. I believe MSIL has created the Sx4 to be competent in each aspect like an all rounder, and not excel in one area while ignoring the other outrightly.
As you said, SX4 simply doesn't stand out among the competition! On the other hand, Nissan has class leading space & comfort & a better interior quality, with an equally boringly reliable engine!

And sorry, I don't buy the "numerous A$$" theory anymore! If the car is reliable, all I need is a single A$$ in the city. Even its a 200 kms drive, I would enjoy taking it for that one [or two] service(s) a year!

Also a car which is NOT exactly performing as expected [in spite of the Maruti badge], I am not sure how good can the re-sale value be!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 15th September 2012 at 14:49. Reason: Added the first quoted text
Old 15th September 2012, 15:01   #2415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
Agree that the Sx4 does not have any stand-out features which differentiates it from the competition.
Quote:
As you said, SX4 simply doesn't stand out among the competition!
Well, those are two different sentences. "Sx4 does not have any stand-out features" & "SX4 simply doesn't stand out among the competition" are two absolutely different sentences.

All i meant was that the Sx4 does not have any differentiating feature which would force someone to simply go for it without considering other choices, as i said, its sort of an all rounder with bits & pieces of everything packaged into one.

Quote:
On the other hand, Nissan has class leading space & comfort & a better interior quality, with an equally boringly reliable engine!

And sorry, I don't buy the "numerous A$$" theory anymore! If the car is reliable, all I need is a single A$$ in the city. Even its a 200 kms drive, I would enjoy taking it for that one [or two] service(s) a year!

Also a car which is NOT exactly performing as expected [in spite of the Maruti badge], I am not sure how good can the re-sale value be!
Sx4 DEFINITELY does perform better than the Sunny on any given day !!! Agree that the Sx4 VDi is stripped of even the basic features but the same can not be said for Sx4 ZDi which barring the Information Display has almost everything on offer that is offered by its competition. Add to that a better drive than Sunny as well as BEST braking abilities in class and i would any day go for an Sx4 over a Sunny. This is just my opinion that the Sx4 is a better product, and i respect your opinion too though!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks