Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2013, 07:07   #3871
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Anybody heard of any new discounts on i10 now that the new i10 is coming up ? I'm sure the old models will have less off take and in anticipation, the dealers would have started offering some additional freebies on the existing i10s. Will appreciate any feedback on this. Looking out for a small autoboxed hatch at present.
Old 8th August 2013, 08:37   #3872
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Fiat has come up with this offer. I guess this must be over and above the cash discounts. Anyone visiting Fiat showroom can confirm where exactly is the getaway.

Last edited by ghodlur : 8th August 2013 at 08:40.
Old 8th August 2013, 10:01   #3873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Fiat has come up with this offer. I guess this must be over and above the cash discounts. Anyone visiting Fiat showroom can confirm where exactly is the getaway.

Over an above this offer, Fiat has also announced an INR 100,000.00 Exchange/Loyalty bonus. This is applicable for both Linea as well as for Punto and both Multijet as well as for Tjet.

I don't think there will be any further discounts on top of this offer; as such they haven't increased the prices as far as I know.
Old 8th August 2013, 10:39   #3874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post

Wasn't there a time when the 520D would cost around 40 lakh OTR, was it like 20 years back or was I living in a fantasy world?!?!?
Looking at the 3 series prices, I think it is a major pricing disaster. I wouldn't want to pay so much money for a 3 series (not that I have!).
Off late it seems all cars are being priced too high, plus these stupid taxes!
+1. The 520D was indeed 40-something some years back. Since then they've increased the pricing of their entire range drastically. From being affordable back then for some people, they're suddenly moving to the not-so-affordable zone anymore considering their OTR price + maintenance and upkeep costs.

With the current deals of almost 2L+ and more on the Jetta, Passat and the Laura they now seem more lucrative than ever.

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 8th August 2013 at 10:40.
Old 8th August 2013, 11:01   #3875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Do you really want to buy the i10? The BRIO base model E-MT costs around 4.6 lacs on road and its a much better car IMO, compared to i10.
I did check on the Brio but the base version costs 5.15L on road in Bangalore. Dealer said they can offer free insurance but nothing else, so I am staring at ~5.05L on road. As against ~4.45L on the i10, which is a fairly large difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibear007 View Post
Anybody heard of any new discounts on i10 now that the new i10 is coming up ? I'm sure the old models will have less off take and in anticipation, the dealers would have started offering some additional freebies on the existing i10s. Will appreciate any feedback on this. Looking out for a small autoboxed hatch at present.
I am in touch with dealers in Bangalore for an i10 and here are the offers

- Cash discount of upto ~40k( which includes insurance of ~15k, corporate discount and cash discount of ~16-18k)
- Loyalty Bonus for existing Hyundai customers (~25k)

I read in todays paper of maximum discount of upto 71000 on i10 in Bangalore. Need to call them and find out the details. I am looking for a small hatch too
aroonanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 11:11   #3876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
+1. The 520D was indeed 40-something some years back. Since then they've increased the pricing of their entire range drastically. From being affordable back then for some people, they're suddenly moving to the not-so-affordable zone anymore considering their OTR price + maintenance and upkeep costs.

With the current deals of almost 2L+ and more on the Jetta, Passat and the Laura they now seem more lucrative than ever.
My best friend bought a Passat in November last year with a discount of 3.25 lakh, for the price that he paid, the Passat is a brilliant car. I think Jetta has a 2 lakh discount on the highline DSG going on, good car, now good pricing too!

Currently I am looking for a replacement to my 2.5 year old Polo, and every car that appeals to me is ridiculously priced, come to think of it I paid 6.24 lakh OTR for my Polo TDI Trendline, today it costs 6.89 lakh OTR, and nothing has been upgraded! It was severely overpriced when I bought it, now it costs even more.

And lets not start talking about the Swift!

Still researching on a car that's safe and is a more-car-per-rupee proposition! hard to find it seems.
Old 8th August 2013, 11:22   #3877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
I read in todays paper of maximum discount of upto 71000 on i10 in Bangalore. Need to call them and find out the details. I am looking for a small hatch too
Thanks aroonanand. Unfortunately I'm not an existing Hyundai customer so no loyalty bonus for me but I think there should definitely be better discounts on the Automatic version considering the numbers that this version is doing. Do update once you get the latest information on this. Will keep a tab on my side too.
Old 8th August 2013, 12:10   #3878
BHPian

Any discounts on offer on the DZire VXi. Someone I know is looking to buy.
Old 8th August 2013, 18:27   #3879
BHPian

[quote=599gto;3203013]...I think Jetta has a 2 lakh discount on the highline DSG going on, good car, now good pricing too!..

Would like to know your source for this info thanks.

Last edited by hubolt : 8th August 2013 at 18:29.
Old 9th August 2013, 04:21   #3880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
UPDATE ON MUMBAI BMW DISCOUNTS:

On 320d base model there's a Rs3,00,000 discount on the Rs35,00,000 on road
Discount in Mumbai on the 320d Sportsline/Luxuryline is 5 lakhs.

BMW prices set to rise from August 15.
Old 9th August 2013, 11:39   #3881
BHPian

I suggest that if you can spare 30-40 lacs then its better to put it in FD and take a loan against it to make a new car purchase. That way the capital stays with you and you just have to pay the difference in the interest. Moreover loan against FD is hassel free.
Old 9th August 2013, 21:57   #3882
BHPian

I am planning to buy the Duster 85 PS Rxl. Has any body got any information on any offers. I am from Bangalore. Also one question? Do I wait for the Nissan Terrano? Suggestions are welcome.
Old 10th August 2013, 00:54   #3883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
My best friend bought a Passat in November last year with a discount of 3.25 lakh, for the price that he paid, the Passat is a brilliant car. I think Jetta has a 2 lakh discount on the highline DSG going on, good car, now good pricing too!

Currently I am looking for a replacement to my 2.5 year old Polo, and every car that appeals to me is ridiculously priced, come to think of it I paid 6.24 lakh OTR for my Polo TDI Trendline, today it costs 6.89 lakh OTR, and nothing has been upgraded! It was severely overpriced when I bought it, now it costs even more.

And lets not start talking about the Swift!

Still researching on a car that's safe and is a more-car-per-rupee proposition! hard to find it seems.
I too am on the lookout for a new car. Looking for a small Diesel Hatchback. The fabia is selling at a lac off. The Faiba Diesel OTR mumbai was coming upto 6.5. I think thats a good deal. The price cut is because they have stopped manufacturing the car.

But the only problem and a big one is - when you out to sell the car, you will have to sell it at scrap value.

cheers
ac
Old 10th August 2013, 17:53   #3884
BHPian

Hi,

I am in search of a new car for sometime now , and am unable to make up my mind.Could you let me know ,which city and dealer is giving discounts on jetta highline AT?
Old 10th August 2013, 22:23   #3885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforce1 View Post
Hi,

I am in search of a new car for sometime now , and am unable to make up my mind.Could you let me know ,which city and dealer is giving discounts on jetta highline AT?
If you don't mind , I would like to humbly suggest thay you should wait for the new octavia/laura , the launch of which is just around the corner. It promises to be a thoroughly up-to-date product at very competitive prices.
fuelinmyveins is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks