Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2019, 16:15   #3346
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK. Oby View Post
Happy to inform that my car(Blue HTX Petrol Automatic IVT) has finally been allocated! SA says I should get it in 6 days...and when I told him that I want to do a PDI before paying or registering, he seemed quiet surprised. Hope everything goes well!
Congratulations on your new car!

Please do give us your review of the car and some pictures if possible.
The 1.5 L petrol is one engine which has not been reviewed by any major publication. No reviews available on YouTube as well. I am quite interested in this model (the only downside for me is the lack of safety features in this trim, my current car: Honda city 2010 model has the same safety features and given that it is a 9 year old car, it is a shame that the Kia Seltos has not done any better)
The GTX manual at ₹17,89,000 is going to stretch my budget more than I would like but would give me all the safety features required.

The Creta 2020 looks hideous but there are strong indications that the Indian model would have heavily updated interiors and exteriors and given the launch is in Feb 2020, I might just wait.
Old 14th October 2019, 16:17   #3347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2007 View Post
Just confirmed the booking last week for gtx+ dct after breaking head on DCT vs TC for few weeks. Wife said no diesel this time and solved the conundrum

Now all this debate on overheating DCTs is making me nervous again.
Even I was in the same boat and changed from TC to DCT after weeks of breaking my head. Just relax and embrace the ride (DCT) with a positive mindset. This DCT has been in production since 2014 and no major issues have been seen online.

Cheers!

Last edited by rahulsharma2008 : 14th October 2019 at 16:28.
rahulsharma2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 16:26   #3348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2007 View Post
Just confirmed the booking last week for gtx+ dct after breaking head on DCT vs TC for few weeks. Wife said no diesel this time and solved the conundrum

Now all this debate on overheating DCTs is making me nervous again.
I don't think you need to be nervous about it. It is a leap of faith and should be taken. I was hell bent on buying a Diesel AUTO for my running of 80 kms/day. Owing to family pressure, I opted for a DCT as well and since them reading all of this too. I think it also depends on the driving style and in stop/go traffic as long as we take care of braking and movement to P/N drive mode, it should be good.
Alive2Drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 16:37   #3349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
Got information from dealer that it will take another 3 more months for GTX+ DAT deliveries to begin. Is anyone hearing similar timelines for delivery? I was ideally looking for a delivery by early/mid November, but now i guess thats out of the window. Planning to cancel the booking, but again, no good option in diesel auto within 20 Lakhs budget. Left confused now.
I checked with Epitome Kia where I have made the booking and they said they have no update from Kia on when the GTX+ DAT would be delivered ! So the wait continues.
Old 14th October 2019, 16:38   #3350
BHPian

What is the going on with the HTE "Diesel"?

A colleague had booked the same with the dealer even before the online booking started and still nothing. The worst part is I pushed him into getting Seltos instead of the Venue and feel responsible.

Anyone got their hands on a HTE "Diesel" yet?
Old 14th October 2019, 16:46   #3351
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
What is the going on with the HTE "Diesel"?

A colleague had booked the same with the dealer even before the online booking started and still nothing. The worst part is I pushed him into getting Seltos instead of the Venue and feel responsible.

Anyone got their hands on a HTE "Diesel" yet?
In the FB owners group, there's one person who has an Intense red HTE diesel in Hyderabad. He received the delivery pretty early just after launch, probably a month ago. However it seems KIA has "halted" the production of the base models. The dealers who have it, are selling it while others are dissuading the buyers against this model.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 17:41   #3352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by REN View Post
An automatically shifting manual transmission is essentially what DSGs/DCTs are. The Seltos owner's manual states that "the wheels and transmission are not engaged" in 'N'. DCTs by nature are prone to overheating and shifting to 'N' during traffic signals and other complete halt situations in traffic goes a long way in reducing the stress on the transmission.

I also for a fact know that most of VAG DSG owners on the forum follow the same practice. And a lot of them even put their vehicles in manual/tiptronic mode in bumper to bumper situations to prevent the transmission from overheating.

It indeed is quite inconvenient at first, but it quickly becomes second nature and I have learnt to see it as a minor trade-off for the performance DSG/DCT offers.
May be it is convenient for you. I find it defeating automatic's purpose.
How it functions internally is for car enthusiast to understand. But do you think an average Joe gives a dime to type of automatic - AMT / CVT / DCT / TC etc? I mean they all are same for him.

My point is why not to mention this into the manual, educate customers in order to avoid DCT failures?
StepUP! is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 17:45   #3353
BHPian

So I ran a quick edit on the Kia Seltos body for some alloy wheels samples and ended up a lot more confused.

I am attaching pics here, please vote as to which alloy would you buy in my place.

Please note that this is only indicative and the real thing may look different on the car.

1. Momo Rush
2. Momo Quantum
3. Momo Massimo
4. HRS H534
5. Momo Europe
6. Reds Darkblade
7. Onyx ML773
8. Onyx MN606
9. Onyx WM07G
10. Onyx WMS05G
11. Momo Revenge
12. REDS K2
13. Momo Screamjet Evo
14. Momo Hyperstar Evo
15. Momo Raptor
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-picture1.png  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-picture2.png  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-picture3.png  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-picture4.png  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-picture5.png  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-picture6.png  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-picture7.png  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-picture8.png  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-picture9.png  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-picture10.png  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-picture11.png  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-picture12.png  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-picture13.png  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-picture14.png  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-picture15.png  

The AG 6167 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 18:01   #3354
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The AG 6167 View Post
I am attaching pics here, please vote as to which alloy would you buy in my place.
My vote goes to these two in the order of preference:

No 8. Onyx MN606

No 14. Momo Hyperstar Evo
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 18:16   #3355
BHPian

Quote:
So I ran a quick edit on the Kia Seltos body for some alloy wheels samples and ended up a lot more confused.

Please note that this is only indicative and the real thing may look different on the car.

1. Momo Rush
2. Momo Quantum
3. Momo Massimo
4. HRS H534
5. Momo Europe
6. Reds Darkblade
7. Onyx ML773
8. Onyx MN606
9. Onyx WM07G
10. Onyx WMS05G
11. Momo Revenge
12. REDS K2
13. Momo Screamjet Evo
14. Momo Hyperstar Evo
15. Momo Raptor
Mine is 12,4,2 in order of preference
sidenzo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 19:01   #3356
BHPian

Quote:
If it was me I'd get the Momo Massimo - they look sick in person. The Darkblades are good too but from a distance they might look similar to the stock ones on the tech line.
dksv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 20:17   #3357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsd View Post

I had pre-booked it about 01st July, but Registered on the first day itself, 16th July! Took delivery on 29th Sep, being the first day of Durga Puja as well, an auspicious day! The car had come in on 20th or so in to Mumbai!

Regards,

Commander Soumya Dutta.
How did you register the car i.e. got a number even before taking delivery of the car. Don't we need Engine number etc for registration?

Ideally, we would like to select a specific number and was wondering if we can "book" a number and take the delivery later but I was told you need to take delivery first.

Last edited by panamera13 : 14th October 2019 at 20:26.
Old 14th October 2019, 20:30   #3358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hey Karan heartiest congratulations on getting your Seltos. Thoroughly enjoyed your video review as always. One thing I want to ask you is that your car doesn't seem to be sporting the HSRP. Isn't it compulsory? Or it is not yet implemented as it should be? Here in Pune too I see a lot of newly purchased cars without an HSRP. Please clear my doubts.
I have observed this as well abt HSRP. My dealer even took pictures of hsrp and me with the car. Looks like its matter of convenience
Old 14th October 2019, 20:45   #3359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
I have observed this as well abt HSRP. My dealer even took pictures of hsrp and me with the car. Looks like its matter of convenience
Sorry I didn't get the convenience part. Does that mean that the dealer is protecting himself against any future action by the authorities if they find that the car delivered by him is not sporting the HSRP while being driven on the road? So that he can show the photographic evidence in that case and blame the owner for removing the HSRP and fitting ordinary plates.

Also since HSRP is tamper proof, it cannot be removed and refitted at a later stage. So if the owner decides to once again fit the HSRP in future due to any reason then he will have to again do the entire application process and shell out money for a new HSRP.
ram87pune is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 21:26   #3360
BHPian

Seeing quite a few Seltos’ in Gurgaon. Clean chiseled lines—nothing soft in the contours. Love it. Holds its own against the Creta cousin. Are there two types of red available. One just pops, other is dull.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks