Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2021, 12:56   #2476
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Came across a video showcasing some accessories installed. The XUV is in white color with the satin chrome kit, bumper protector, scuff protector and bug deflector.

Tanmay007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 13:14   #2477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post
Precisely. People who are using rules of thumb like "Buy petrol if usage is less than 1500 km per month" are doing it wrong IMO.

First of all, the price difference between the petrol and diesel variants is not uniform across all cars. For example: The price difference for the Hyundai Tucson is 2 lakhs while it is only 60K for the XUV700.
A very valid point and something I missed when I replied to an earlier query on the Petrol AT. I didn't realize the difference was merely 60k, because I never considered the petrol variant for lack of AWD option.

While you can justify the running costs by comparing the price difference of the petrol and diesel variants, this does not seem to be the case with Mahindra. Ever since the Thar Petrol AT waiting periods have come down, I have been trying hard to convince myself and my better half into buying the fuel guzzler instead of the XUV7OO (it makes no sense, I know). But with just 20-30k difference between the Petrol and Diesel variants, I have been fighting a losing battle so far.
a_chelat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 13:34   #2478
BHPian

While on the topic of Petrol or Diesel, in addition to the above mentioned points one additional reason for me to consider diesel was the additional range that you get while on long road trips, it does make a difference that I have to make at least one less stop for fuel and comparably later onset of range anxiety .
mindovermotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 13:40   #2479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post
I have been trying hard to convince myself and my better half into buying the fuel guzzler instead of the XUV7OO (it makes no sense, I know)
Here are some convincing reasons to buy the petrol:

1) You don't have to deal with the hassle of DPF regeneration with the petrol engine. You can just fill up fuel and run the car as you are used to doing so far.

2) You don't have to deal with the uncertainty created by green tribunals, melords with an axe to grind and other such people with lots of power and little accountability.

3) You can drive to places high up in the Himalayas without having to worry about the engine getting clogged.

4) The petrol engine has lower NVH levels.
yogishkamath is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 13:53   #2480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post
Here are some convincing reasons to buy the petrol:

1) You don't have to deal with the hassle of DPF regeneration with the petrol engine. You can just fill up fuel and run the car as you are used to doing so far.
This is definitely the most convincing argument in favor of the petrol right now. Diesel has the advantage of better range though; I may not travel long distances every day, but I hate forced stops when I do. How will we manage in remote areas or even on high altitude trips, where you may not find a petrol bunk for miles? Confusing times, for sure.
a_chelat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 14:19   #2481
BHPian

The DPF issue has me worried as well as I had booked the diesel before reading about DPF. Especially for those whose primary usage is in the city. Read far too many cases of DPF clogging and then the nonsense workaround of aimlessly roaming around at high RPM to clear it or even sit 30 mins just revving in idle.

IMO having to pay more for petrol but getting higher reliability is worth it. Of course it could turn out to be a non-issue in practice, would really like some feedback from people who used Mahindra diesel cars primarily in cities.
Old 22nd October 2021, 14:25   #2482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
The DPF issue has me worried as well as I had booked the diesel before reading about DPF. Especially for those whose primary usage is in the city. Read far too many cases of DPF clogging and then the nonsense workaround of aimlessly roaming around at high RPM to clear it or even sit 30 mins just revving in idle.
For your information, all Mahindra cars come with park regeneration feature, which means that you can clear your DPF just by parking your car in neutral and pressing the park regeneration button. This whole process takes about 20-25 minutes.
ani21 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 14:27   #2483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani21 View Post
For your information, all Mahindra cars come with park regeneration feature, which means that you can clear your DPF just by parking your car in neutral and pressing the park regeneration button. This whole process takes about 20-25 minutes.
I'm aware that's why I talked about sitting 30 mins in car while it revs to clear DPF.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 15:00   #2484
Senior - BHPian

While debating petrol vs diesel, there is new factor in the equation - Turbo petrol. Throw in AT and the milage figures are abismal. But the price of turbo vs diesel for same variant is not that different (creta, seltos being case in point). So IMO, the debate should not be to buy petrol engine because it comes cheaper than diesel model. To me, it more of stigma attached to the diesel long term future and now reliability issue with DPF clogging. These will make people stay away even if economics tells them otherwise. Peace of mind is more important than anything else.
Old 22nd October 2021, 15:19   #2485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani21 View Post
Are you sure about this. I think the XUV 300, Thar and Scorpio come with Park regen, but the XUV500 does not come with this feature (Someone correct me if i am wrong). The XUV500 manual doesn't seem to indicate park regen feature in the vehicle.
Old 22nd October 2021, 17:07   #2486

Hi Guys

the 2nd row in XUV was always a Sore point right from the beginning of the Launch of the XUV 2012 , the new XUV 2015 Aug onwards and even the XUV700- 2021 now ..

I guess they cannot make adjustments to the 2nd row as the Folding seat Locks in the Floor at a particular point and that cannot be moved if the seat moves of course .. So that's why i don't expect them to bring that change unless they do away with the seat folding mechanism altogether .

Lets keep watching to the future as this would be a huge selling point as there is excess space in the 2nd row .. but none in the 3rd row and of course the Boot .. Lets not talk about it
Old 22nd October 2021, 18:24   #2487
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthbs View Post
During the TD, felt that the roof was lower in the 700 than the 500, did anyone else feel this or was it only me.
Hope this photo reply answers you .
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-seating.jpg  

Old 22nd October 2021, 19:11   #2488
BHPian

Hey guys!! Did anyone take TD or drove XUV7OO at night? If yes, how was the cabin lighting, ambience et al. Please do share some some pictures as there are not much night drive videos available.
Old 22nd October 2021, 20:05   #2489
BHPian

The DPF tech is not new as I understand, it was already in use with heavy vehicles long before being implemented for passenger vehicles, however heavy vehicles have the advantage of running long distances for most part of their run and mostly on highways, so I agree that DPF is an cause of concern but its not a show stopper as such.

In my opinion the more concerning issues are not issues with tech or longevity of the Diesel engine or value for money because hands down in case of XUV since the price difference is so less it makes a case for Diesel. However major roadblocks are external factors like NGT ban and push for ethanol blend fuel. Even for the NGT ban in Delhi NCR, there is a petition by the Delhi government citing the new BS6 standards for diesels where they are almost evenly matched with the Petrol mills and hence build a case to repeal the ban. The outcome of the case is a different issue, may be by the time the ban is repealed, whole nation would have moved on to EVs or Hydrogen based cars.
Ethanol blend again may impact Petrol cars more than the diesel ones but if the cost of fuel is dirt cheap then the 'Cheap running Cost' usp of Diesels no more would hold true.
Monty1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 20:18   #2490
BHPian

Finally recieved the confirmation SMS from Mahindra today and wanted to share with TeamBHP members here. Since I booked on 8th October at 6 pm and also changed my variant from AX7 L AT to AX7L AT+AWD at dealer's end, I was told that I won't get price protection. The SMS today however cleared my doubts and it said clearly with the date underlined that I would be getting price protection and the prices as on 7th Oct would apply. Ecstatic. Will call up dealer tomorrow and tell him to keep me at the end of the waiting list, I've got what I wanted
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211022200115_messages.jpg  

Last edited by wadewilson : 22nd October 2021 at 20:22. Reason: Forgot to remove OTF Number
wadewilson is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks