Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2022, 11:42   #5011
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Guys,

After I noticed rusting in a few screws last week, I have started observing the car more closely so that all issues can be escalated to Mahindra service in my next visit.

However, while rusting of bolts and screws is common, this week I noticed that rusting has started to come extensively on the rear mahindra logo and "700" emblem.

Am sharing pics here as I found it quite strange to see rusting occurring on such parts (I was assuming these were plastic and not metal). Wanted to get inputs from all if this is indeed rust or some other type of degradation!?The car is being washed with plain water, and have not noticed this issue on any of my other/previous cars.

Of course, regardless of what it is, it's disappointing to see this happening on a 3 month old car. Hope Mahindra is able to provide a prompt resolution.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220316_105724.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220316_105735.jpg  

Last edited by nasir88 : 16th March 2022 at 11:45. Reason: Typo
nasir88 is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 11:46   #5012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
Am sharing pics here as I found it quite strange to see rusting occurring on such parts (I was assuming these were plastic and not metal). Wanted to get inputs from all if this is indeed rust or some other type of degradation!?The car is being washed with plain water, and have not noticed this issue on any of my other/previous cars.

You are right, these are made of plastic and has chrome plating on the surface.
This is nothing but poor quality of parts, get it replaced under warranty.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 12:14   #5013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
@nickelniks

Not trying to scare you, but when I had been to get the climate sensor replaced for mar car yesterday, there was this white XUV AX7 which was just 1 day old and had blown it's silver box due to installation of Sun film on the windshield.

As per the service advisor, silver box sits under the dashboard. While installing the sun film, the water gets behind the dashboard which causes this issue.

Cost of replacing the silver box is ₹75k and this scenario does not call for a warranty replacement.
:

Drove 50-60 kms after installing the film. So issue noticed till now.
Also I got the installation done in front of me & had asked the technician to put a cloth on top of the dashboard to prevent it from getting wet.
But thanks for the info. I have seen many interior cleaning packages to include semi wet cleaning of the dashboard. That will have to be completely avoided for XUV 700 I guess.

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 17th March 2022 at 13:53. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 16th March 2022, 12:17   #5014
BHPian

I have seen this kind of chrome staining (not sure if it is the right term) happening when vehicle is washed daily with boring water, STP treated water, or if you live in the coastal areas. My colleagues in Chennai used to face similar issue in their 6 month old Maruti.

I would suggest you to reduce the wash frequency. Start washing the vehicle yourself and if possible, use water softener element.

As of now, you can claim for the badges under warranty.
Abhikumar629 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 12:21   #5015
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

However, while rusting of bolts and screws is common, this week I noticed that rusting has started to come extensively on the rear mahindra logo and "700" emblem.
Does rubbing lightly with WD40 or similar solvent help here? Since this has not happened to your other cars, it seems like cost cutting done by Mahindra
Old 16th March 2022, 12:45   #5016
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

After I noticed rusting in a few screws last week, I have started observing the car more closely so that all issues can be escalated to Mahindra service in my next visit.
This is shocking! Logo/Emblems are plastic but the chrome plating contains metal, which is what is rusting. Normally you don't see this on even really old cars unless the car is left in the open untouched for years.
Please flag this to Mahindra, insist on replacing them.
Old 16th March 2022, 12:52   #5017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Please flag this to Mahindra, insist on replacing them.
Thanks. I flagged to Mahindra and got a call today. They inquired about car washing regimen, location etc, and seemed positive in resolving the issue. Waiting to hear back from them further.
nasir88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 17:09   #5018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelniks View Post
Thanks for the help.
I had already checked the seatbelts, they are already secured. Noise seems to be coming from some other source.

Took the car for a short highway run today & got a mileage of 13.9 on MID, which I think is amazing for a vehicle of this size & 200 bhp power.

I also god Garware ice cool sun control film installed on all the windows. The difference is noticeable. The cabin is much more comfortable & cools down faster. The visibility is 70%+ which makes is barely noticeable from outside. I would highly recommend this film to anyone looking for a sun control film.
Could you please share the pricing for the sunfilm and the store where you got it installed.

Also, Has anyone installed Head rest monitor/ Rear seat entertainment unit ? Any idea on the brand/place or price of them ?

Last edited by SDP : 20th March 2022 at 12:14. Reason: Please use Multi-Quote instead of creating back to back posts
Old 16th March 2022, 18:13   #5019
BHPian

https://twitter.com/mahindraxuv700/s...229143044?s=21

The winning streak continues for our beloved SUV. This time Autocar has declared Xuv700 as COTY
p_darshi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 18:20   #5020

My adrenox app is not loading maps and it is throwing the following error.

"Device based hit management failed."

Has anybody seen this before?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220316-6.17.05-pm.jpeg  

joethedriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 18:43   #5021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelniks View Post
I also got Garware ice cool sun control film installed on all the windows. The difference is noticeable. The cabin is much more comfortable & cools down faster. The visibility is 70%+ which makes is barely noticeable from outside. I would highly recommend this film to anyone looking for a sun control film.
Where did you get it installed and how much did it cost. I am planning one for XUV500. Is it fine to install such and can it be distinguished compared to windows without sun film. Did you get it only for the windows.

Last edited by SDP : 20th March 2022 at 12:17. Reason: Fixed broken quote
Old 16th March 2022, 20:17   #5022

All the owners of the XUV700 with ADAS, when the ADAS is enabled does it allow you to park your vehicle in narrow parking spaces especially in the apartment, office parking or the malls? or do you need to disable it every time?
Old 16th March 2022, 20:52   #5023
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Majority of the feedback I hear about the 700's ADAS is more about it being a hindrance, rather than help - partially because it's a 1st gen thing for Mahindra and bugs and unreliability are to be expected, but mostly because it's simply impractical for non-lane-marked-divided-tolled-highway roads. In other words, very impractical for daily driving situations in cities/towns, 'regular' undivided highways, the sheer variety in the type of vehicles and obstances encountered in our country etc. I'm sure Mahindra spent a huge amount of time & money on this, just to differentiate themselves from the competition, but it sort of backfires like this, when it isn't working properly simply because it has limited scope in India. How is the feedback on the Gloster's ADAS equivalent ? I'm guessing it's of similar limited scope purely because this is India.

I wish Mahindra had spent their time and energy on reliability improvement (hearing of strange evap system problems with petrol models and a few other 'first-batch' issues) , because the product definition is brilliant, the mech engineering is a huge step forward and it's a darling of the masses.

There is a saying in malayalam, which translated to english, reads like this - "searching for the snake that was wrapped around a fence, and then laying it in one's own lap". That snake is "ADAS-for-india".
venkyhere is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 21:09   #5024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbaramu View Post
Where did you get it installed and how much did it cost. I am planning one for XUV500. Is it fine to install such and can it be distinguished compared to windows without sun film. Did you get it only for the windows.
I got it installed in Nagpur. A shop called Marvel Car Shoppee. Costed about 9.5k for all windows including the windscreen.
nickelniks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 21:38   #5025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvind319 View Post
when the ADAS is enabled does it allow you to park your vehicle in narrow parking spaces
Different aspects of ADAS, like emergency braking, lane keep assist etc have various conditions in which it wont work. These include speed, gear, leg on brake etc. At parking scenarios, none of the ADAS features will work.

On a lighter not, my car detects some parking lot numbers, black on yellow circular background, as a speed limits.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks