Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2022, 07:35   #6406
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

I wanted to report a strange behaviour by the Mahindra Online booking portal. My first booking was on 7th October, where I had added the car in the online portal but could not book the same due to portal crash. I had made the dealer payment for this online booking.

Since I did not get any confirmation by dealer till late 8th October, I again tried booking the car again on 8th October using the portal, where the Portal allowed me to go up to the payment page. I declined the payment and did not proceed with the booking, thinking that it would automatically get rejected due to non-payment.

I was able to see the said booking with Payment declined status in my Online login along with the main booking that I had done.

My first booking got converted to delivery in December 2021 and the second one (Unpaid) was still showing on the portal.

2 days back, I was surprised to see an SMS from Mahindra that the car has gone into production and the Payment link has become active. I am able to proceed with the payment of Rs.21000 as the booking amount.

This is AX 7 Diesel Automatic

No sure what to do with this now. Does the benefit of this go to the dealer where he gets the car and can then sell it at premium to someone looking for the car urgently or Company will automatically allocate it to someone next in line?

Can I transfer this booking to a genuine buyer who is wanting to buy the car?
Old 7th August 2022, 08:10   #6407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post
Is there a dedicated XUV700 niggles thread ?

The 'torque distribution' view on my July-manufactured AX7L AWD shows no torque going to the rear wheel even when I put it in AWD lock mode.

Has anyone else experienced this ?
Have a June manufactured AWD - checked yesterday and I could see the torque distribution view showing torque going to rear when I engaged the AWD switch.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 18:21   #6408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick3094 View Post
Encountered some noise coming from the steering column. It is sort of a clatter noise or like sparking or something. Not sure about the exact origin of the noise, but is coming from somewhere near the mid or the steering column, somewhere around there. It is not persistent. First appeared on 6 May. Was there for a few minutes then went away. Came up again here and there for a minute every few days.

I had reached out to the service centre guy in 7 May, but got no response. What should be the nest step? Who should I reach out to? Email IDs?
Did this get resolved ? I am able to hear a similar whirring noise in my XUV700.. Just wanted to know if the root cause was identified...
Old 8th August 2022, 10:36   #6409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
I was looking for these; could you please share photos from inside the car from the second row with the sun roof open?
Any luck with the OEM roof rails? I checked with my service center and they are not comfortable installing this on AX7 with sunroof.. anyone have idea if the OEM roof rails impacts the sunroof operation?
Old 8th August 2022, 11:17   #6410

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead123 View Post
Received the booking confirmation however it made me feel limbo on one thing regarding the price.

I have made the booking on OCT-10 around 10.30 AM.

According to this email, it seems they are honouring OCT-7th prices. Am I reading this right? To recall, the prices have been revised on OCT-8th onwards and this email make me feel like I hit a jackpot so before I celebrate looking to validate my thoughts :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead123 View Post
Hello @jakonbhp, I have added the vehicle in cart when that function was made available. Couldn't book on Oct-7th due to the website crashing fiasco and completed the booking on Oct-8th. Feels like the price protection logic was based on having the car in the cart before Oct-7th. I took delivery of the car on March-21st.
Thanks @motorhead123. My discussion with M&M is likewise, they are honoring price guarantee to all the bookings initiated on 7th and 8th - though in your case you'd completed on 10th. I was wondering how come I was not honored when I have completed the booking on 9th Oct.

Now I am pushed to think whether the additional 3-4 lacs is again worth spending after waiting for 10 months. (I'm one of those waiting for their SUV+EV for the past 2-3 years now this is not happening beyond XUV400-EV, might likely to take another couple of years). My hope was to add MESMA++ to XUV700 about 4-5 years down the line. Anyways...Thanks again for taking time to reply.

Hope you are having a good time riding the X.
jakonbhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 13:32   #6411
BHPian

Has anyone put any sunshades or sunfilms in their XUV 700? I am looking for options
Old 8th August 2022, 14:23   #6412

Is anyone facing an issue with the Sunroof of the AX5 diesel or any other variant ? Mine opens up randomly without any command.
Old 8th August 2022, 14:26   #6413
BHPian

Quick Q - does anyone know of an MLD retro-fit to the X?
^ this was possible with the TUV 300, scorpio classic, thar 4x2, bolero and basically all BOF Mahindras of old.

It'll definitely help me skip the Scorpio in lieu of the X.
I took a TD yesterday and it yaw'd and pitched all over the place (the road to Mayur vihar from sector 2 IOCL pump NOIDA along the nullah.)

An MLD doubles the traction off-road for easy light slush wading.
I already have a Thar '22 for solid offroad adventures.

And do we have permanent android disconnection issues with the X as the Thar has?
This is despite my stereo being swapped by Nippon last month.

------If anyone wants to sell off a higher variant------
I have an MX and an AX5 D MT coming in this month, price locked.
I'm keen on swapping with/buying from anyone with an AX7 MT/AT/AWD whoever has a booking and/or a vehicle and is happy to part ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan.mulye View Post
Has anyone put any sunshades or sunfilms in their XUV 700? I am looking for options
I just spoke to Garware Delhi an hour back - will come back with options in a day or so roughly.
No one seems to have 90% VLT.
70% VLT may be OK for just the windshield. If you do the dikki glass as well, you will compound the darkness, allowing for easy flagging by a half-competent policeman, which is not comfortable in this country.

Last edited by wooka : 8th August 2022 at 14:35. Reason: Garware!
Old 8th August 2022, 15:02   #6414
Senior - BHPian

I'm just curious is anybody aware which service provider's e-sim does Mahindra use in the XUV700? I remember reading somewhere before that it is Vodafone Idea, correct me if I'm wrong.

I would like to know what is the data cap/limit on the e-sim and can we track it as well somewhere? As I see Alexa can play the music as well on requests from Jio Saavn.

Also is there a way to change the default music service from Jio Saavn to say Amazon music/Gaana/Spotify and to link our existing account with any of these apps with Adrenox?

Last edited by sridhar24 : 8th August 2022 at 15:04.
Old 8th August 2022, 15:44   #6415
BHPian

Finally, after waiting for 9 months & 29 days, I bought my dream SUV home. I had plans to buy an XUV from past 4-5 years, but I had a Swift Vdi which everyone over here knows is so much fun to drive and I didn’t have a reason to sell it.

Since swift will be crossing 12 yrs this Oct, I wanted to sell it before it depreciates further. So, I was lucky enough to block an XUV700 AX7L AWD AT D on 7/Oct and got the price protection.

Here’s the details –
Model: XUV700 AX7L D AT AWD – Midnight blue
Date of booking: 7/Oct (Within 25k)
Tentative delivery schedule: 19/Aug – 19/Sept 2022
Dealer: Anant Motors, Marathahalli, Bangalore

I got all the required information from this Forum so didn’t even ask for any details, went straight ahead and booked it.

As usual the wait started, and I had no reasons to complain as I was getting my daily dose of information from this forum.

Luckily, I had a wonderful experience with Anant motors. My SA was Anuroop but when he left, I got a call from the showroom, and they assigned me another SA who called and confirmed the booking details. I did not follow up as Mahindra did set expectations on the delivery timelines on day 1.

Fast forward to July 2022 and I got a call from my SA on 16/July stating that XUV has been allocated to me and he will confirm back as soon as its billed and shipped. I couldn’t sleep that night

From 16/July to 29/July, my SA kept updating me on the progress and I was arranging my funds as well.

On 30/July, the car was shipped, and my SA shared the VIN & Chassis number.

2/Aug, the car reached the Stockyard, and my SA informed me that I could do the PDI at their Bannerghatta showroom as they were not allowing anyone inside their Mysore Road Stockyard. Anyways no issues found and had 70 kms on the Odo.

Cleared the finance on 3/Aug and picked up the car on 5/Aug. Below is the breakup –
Ex-showroom price: 22,88,999/-
TCS: 22,889.99/-
Road Tax: 4,91,126/- (KA-53)
Reg Fee: 2662
Fast Tag: 600
Shield 4th & 5th year (150k): 43,541/- (Unfortunately the prices were increased from 1/Aug)

RGI Insurance: 87,000/- (Initially quoted 1,30,000 and they bought it down when I got a quote from Online)

Accessories: 31,139/- (SA never forced on anything, all the items were selected by me) - Mud Flaps – 800, Side Footstep – 23500, Pedal Covers – 699, Illuminated Scuff protector plates – 5250, Instrument cluster Screen protector – 890 (All charges including Labor/installation)

---------------------
On-Road price: 29,67,957/-
----------------------

Driven the XUV for 150 kms so far and I am still trying to get use to the size of the car as I had a Swift for close to 12 yrs.

I also got the 7D mats from Autotech as the 7D mats at Mahindra were of poor quality and was costing 10k. Autotech costed me 7500/- and are of very good quality. They were delivered to my home within 1 day of placing the order.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-mats.jpg
1000bhp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 16:18   #6416
BHPian

Tightened the spare wheel locking but no use. Football in the boot still exists.
lark63 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 16:38   #6417
BHPian

Can current XUV700 owners please confirm if apple car play has been enabled in infotainment system or if mahindra has communicated any deadline for the same? As far as I know, it was supposed to be enabled in July/August post mahindra getting license needed to use apple car play.

I have booked AX5 D MT but if carplay is still missing i would be in a tricky situation as i would then need to get a burner phone for Android auto.
Old 8th August 2022, 17:52   #6418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
Tightened the spare wheel locking but no use. Football in the boot still exists.
Thanks, the noise is back in mine too .Have my first service coming up shortly, hopefully they can fix it.
Sandegov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 17:57   #6419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
Can current XUV700 owners please confirm if apple car play has been enabled in infotainment system or if mahindra has communicated any deadline for the same? As far as I know, it was supposed to be enabled in July/August post mahindra getting license needed to use apple car play.

I have booked AX5 D MT but if carplay is still missing i would be in a tricky situation as i would then need to get a burner phone for Android auto.
Mahindra has confirmed to me by email that Carplay will be available from 10 Aug (day after tomorrow) onwards.
ColAjayDrives is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 18:09   #6420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post

Can I transfer this booking to a genuine buyer who is wanting to buy the car?
Faced exactly the same situation like yourselfand last week this vehicle was supposed to be billed and I was contacted by the dealer. On enquiring if I can transfer this to a friend they were clear that as per M & M policy it can be transferred only to Blood Relations.
bimal8 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks