Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2022, 17:59   #6751
BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Finally after 6 months the status has changed from "Order Processed" to "Order under planning" for my AX7L P AT. But I did not get any sms/email from Mahindra.

How long would it take to move to the next stages and when can I expect the delivery?

My SA doesn't want to commit to any dates but says good chance of getting it this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
For Bangalore folks- between Sireesh auto, Silk Board and Anant Cars, Bannerghatta road, can anyone provide a recommendation in terms of the sales experience? Who is easier to deal with and flexible in terms of test drives, insurance and discounts? I stay right in the middle of both dealerships so distance is not an issue.
I have had experience with both these dealers. I used to get by Scorpio serviced from Sireesh auto when I was living in Koramanagala and later at Ananat cars when I moved to BG road. And I found that Anant cars was far better. The service advisors and technicians were much better compared to Sireesh.

When I wanted to book the XUV700, the SA was cooperative and knowledgeable and quickly arranged for the TD. He got the vehicle again to my house when I wanted to do TD again. Since the time of booking (6 months ago), he has responded to my calls and messages promptly.

So, its been a decent experience with Anant cars and hoping it would continue once I get my car.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Sheel : 2nd September 2022 at 10:21. Reason: MOD NOTE ATTACHED.
Old 1st September 2022, 18:43   #6752
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route66 View Post

You can also ask them to send photos and details over WhatsApp. They provided pricing for a normal and a premium variant. I bought the premium one for rear winhshield.
Thanks a lot, I talked to the guy he sent me all details; have ordered 6 Premium magnetic sunshades for my car.
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 19:20   #6753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
Finally after 6 months the status has changed from "Order Processed" to "Order under planning" for my AX7L P AT. But I did not get any sms/email from Mahindra.
Even I didn't get any email but my status changed to "Order under planning" for my AX7L P AT booking. May I know did your delivery date change? Mine still shows June-July 2024.
Old 1st September 2022, 19:24   #6754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Even I didn't get any email but my status changed to "Order under planning" for my AX7L P AT booking. May I know did your delivery date change? Mine still shows June-July 2024.
No, no change in delivery date; still shows Nov-Dec 2023
Old 1st September 2022, 20:11   #6755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
For Bangalore folks- between Sireesh auto, Silk Board and Anant Cars, Bannerghatta road, can anyone provide a recommendation in terms of the sales experience? Who is easier to deal with and flexible in terms of test drives, insurance and discounts? I stay right in the middle of both dealerships so distance is not an issue.
Why don't you try PPS Koramangala? I spoke to a SA named Madhusudan there. Very warm and welcoming. Speak to him once.
callmeneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 20:51   #6756
BHPian

Quote:

How long would it take to move to the next stages and when can I expect the delivery?

My SA doesn't want to commit to any dates but says good chance of getting it this year.
Thanks for this message, I observed mine also has moved discreetly to "Order under planning" without any notification. The 1st change since Dec'2021 . The delivery ETA hasn't changed from Aug'23.

During one of our earlier conversations, my SA had told, the status moves to planning when there is a possibility to get the delivery within the next 3-4 months. Fingers crossed for a delivery before end of the year !!
haribalram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 22:11   #6757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
Thanks for this message, I observed mine also has moved discreetly to "Order under planning" without any notification. The 1st change since Dec'2021 . The delivery ETA hasn't changed from Aug'23.

During one of our earlier conversations, my SA had told, the status moves to planning when there is a possibility to get the delivery within the next 3-4 months. Fingers crossed for a delivery before end of the year !!
Hi all,

I also noticed my booking (AX7 L AWD) moved to "order under planning" after about 2 months of booking. Was feeling excited and then noticed estimated delivery date remains unchanged at Oct 23. Any pointers if one can expect the vehicle sooner given the order status change - I mean typically what sort of time have fellow bhpians seen from "order under planning* till delivery? SA doesn't divulge much and keeps guiding to online portal of Mahindra to check status.

Regards
Old 1st September 2022, 22:57   #6758
Senior - BHPian

Sharing my experience with an AX7L P AT booking at PPS Motors, Church Street, Bangalore.

Made the booking at the dealership on October 21st, 2021. Booking reflected online with delivery date as Mar-Apr 2023. Dealer was confident it will come by November/December 2022.

Months go by, no update. Then in May, I am told the car will be delivered in October 2022.

June 2022 - dealer calls and tells the car has been allotted. I tell them I will take it in September/October since we had planned the finances accordingly. You cannot expect someone to arrange 28L in a week's time. They agreed.

August 2022 - call comes that the vehicle has been allotted. I agree and ask them to try and deliver the car by August 31st (Ganesh Chaturthi). During this call, I ask them for any discounts and ask for accessories since they cannot offer discounts. They also ask me about insurance and I said I will get it outside (my elder brother runs an insurance broking company). The same person calls back after 30 minutes and says there was a mistake, the allotment was done to someone else and there was some confusion. It seemed hard to believe but I let it go since he said the car will be delivered in the next allotment in the month of September. I randomly checked the order again in the mid of August and it said Dec 2023. I chose to ignore it.

August 29th - my order on Mahindra's website says "Cancellation Initiated". I sure didn't do it. Called up Mahindra's customer care and they ask me to call the dealer. Call the dealer and they say they have no idea why. Followed up on 30th and he said the order has been cancelled by mistake on their end and they need to do a "re log-in" (whatever that means)

September 1st - I message him on WhatsApp. No reply for 5+ hours. I sent an email telling them their behaviour has been unprofessional. Calls me up in an hour saying he was talking to his boss and the order has been deleted. I tell them what happened is their problem but I want the committed delivery to be respected. Then he tells me he will do "their best" to deliver the car by September and that he will call me again tomorrow.

The whole episode seems very fishy to me. Suffering from their own success. Eh, Mahindra? I am suspecting all these shenanigans are because I told them I would be buying the insurance from elsewhere.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 1st September 2022 at 23:01.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 22:59   #6759
BHPian

I came across this very interesting video here where they have nearly upgraded the AX5 to AX7. I can see them splicing some wires and taking out/putting back the panels in ways which would make owners very very nervous, but the point being that if M&M "allows" their dealers to do these upgrades, it would be very very beneficial for some of us.

madnish30 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 00:17   #6760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Sharing my experience with an AX7L P AT booking at PPS Motors, Church Street, Bangalore.

This whole episode seems like they just sold it to someone else. I had a very similar experience but in my case, I made sure I get the vehicle that was allotted to me even tho they said the same story as yours "it was a mistake and it was someone else's vehicle" -- I refused to let go but after reading your experience, this seems they're repeat offenders and really suspicious. Me not letting it go and putting up a fight was a right decision and worth it.

I don't think you should just listen to bogus promises and let go of things. Take this up with ASM and M&M, find the email in this thread for higher authority. If you ignore it now, you'll lose and will wait for several months more. Good luck getting your vehicle.
Smartomotive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 01:37   #6761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
I was so wrong. It happened again. Not sure what is wrong.
I would recommend to drop a detailed mail to customer care. My experience with a similar issue on P AT taught me that we can't rely on what ASC tells us. Writing to customer care puts the issue on record. Often ASC doesn't capture the issue correctly online. Also insist that the ASC files a Technical Assistance Report with Mahindra and ask to show you they did it. Unfortunately, the technicians at ASC, including their CoTek don't know enough. In my case, nobody in the service centre knew what's the role an Evap Canister plays in a fuel system and what's an anomaly.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 06:33   #6762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
I came across this very interesting video here where they have nearly upgraded the AX5 to AX7. I can see them splicing some wires and taking out/putting back the panels in ways which would make owners very very nervous, but the point being that if M&M "allows"
This one is mine. The OEM wires weren’t spliced. The male female jacks were used and the splicing was done on secondary wires. They have just installed the parts these were procured by me. All I got from them were folding mirrors and the abs guard for front and back. For steering mounted controls to work there are three wires that need to be shifted from the lower panel coupler to the steering column coupler.

Mahindra will never allow this. I went to 4 different dealerships in 2 different cities. They don’t even try to activate the cruise control. All they say is this isn’t possible.

Last edited by sunilsoft : 2nd September 2022 at 06:35.
sunilsoft is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 09:31   #6763
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
This one is mine. The OEM wires weren’t spliced. The male female jacks were used and the splicing was done on secondary wires. They have just installed the parts these were procured by me. All I got from them were folding mirrors and the abs guard for front and back. For steering mounted controls to work there are three wires that need to be shifted from the lower panel coupler to the steering column coupler.

Mahindra will never allow this. I went to 4 different dealerships in 2 different cities. They don’t even try to activate the cruise control. All they say is this isn’t possible.
That is very interesting indeed. I have a few questions.
1) What brand is that Auto IRVM, and where did they provide the power supply from? The fusebox or the cabin light?
2) Does the cruise control work now? Is it required to open the whole steering to fix the cruise control button?
3) Please share details of other parts like the glove box light, arm rest light, etc.
Old 2nd September 2022, 09:59   #6764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post

The whole episode seems very fishy to me. Suffering from their own success. Eh, Mahindra? I am suspecting all these shenanigans are because I told them I would be buying the insurance from elsewhere.
Best way to resolve this issue is to sent a tweet to Anand Mahindra - any customer concern forwarded from his office gets topmost priority.

Otherwise sent a mail to kharga(dot)asha(at)mahindra(dot)com narrating the whole story. Hope you'll get a call back soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Quote:
In my case (delivery on 01-07-2022) it took one month from the change in status. In those days it usually varied from 3 to 6 weeks depending on the mode of despatch and distance from Pune. However, in my case the CPD also changed accordingly.

Now with global supply chain issues easing out and the production being increased month-to-month, hope you all will receive your car soon. You can, however, get a clear picture if you can contact your Area Sales Manager. He will certainly have the schedule delivery period - atleast the month.
Sommos is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 12:02   #6765
BHPian

Importance of PPF

Got a nasty scratch on the rear right side, probably some biker brushed against in traffic. The impact was enough to penetrate and tear through the PPF.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-scratch0.jpg

After replacing that door's PPF -- as good as new! The damage didn't reach the paint and PPF totally saved the original paint and prevented a paint job.

Total cost of replacing the PPF, just 2000rs including labour.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-scratch3.jpg
Tanmay007 is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks