Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2018, 12:55   #9046
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hi. What is the tyre life you are getting out of S-Drives? Also do you notice less grip after 10k kms?
I am getting around 35k kms out of a set of s-drives. But my running is high, which includes spirited highway driving of atleast 100kms everyday.

The grip is miserable in the last 2-3k kms otherwise the performance stays consistent till 30k kms.
ramneek009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 13:44   #9047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhul View Post
Hi,
I own a 2013 vento tdi, 80k run. Couple of days back was driving on the highway and all of a sudden the air-con stopped working. Just stopped all of a sudden after an hour of drive.
The radiator fan was running, coolant level was good so thought of continuing the journey as there was no other issues. Drove the remaining 300kms in severe heat
Taking the car tomorrow to service station, hoping its a minor issue as the warranty is void too
Anyone had faced this situation?
Update: The issue was because of a burnt fuse due to a lot of dust accumulation(credit to Bangalore dusty roads) in wire/coupler.
Paid 666: Fuse was 30rs, remaining was for scanning to find the fault.
Does anyone have fuse diagram? Will help in initial diagnosis before going to service station.

Last edited by prabhul : 5th March 2018 at 13:50.
Old 7th March 2018, 01:10   #9048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH View Post
Check out this [post][http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...l#post3673348].
Pretty well explained.
Thank you for the link.
Unfortunately most of the links in that page have expired.

Tried messaging many sellers on AliExpress, no luck. No one seems to stock them.
Old 14th March 2018, 23:35   #9049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhul View Post
Does anyone have fuse diagram? Will help in initial diagnosis before going to service station.
Hi prabhul

Diagrams are usually model and year specific but this should help you narrow down even if its not an exact match.

[ATTACH=Fuses&Relay-Vento.pdf]1741819[/ATTACH]

Regards.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Fuses&Relay-Vento.pdf (960.0 KB, 4793 views)
Old 25th March 2018, 23:32   #9050
BHPian

Guys, booked a red VW Vento TSI Highline Plus today from PPS Motors Bangalore North. Got the usual corporate discount 15 K, some gold coin worth Rs 6 K (i asked for cash discount instead of gold coin), 2 K additional discount, Sports Kit for free (black roof, black mirror covers and a spoiler) and basic accessories for free (mud flap, mats and car cover). OTR witout insurance costed Rs 14,82,874. Didn't go for the showroom insurance, saw a quote for 29 K, will go for that. In all, it would probably come upto Rs 15,11,874. This is a 2018 model so no discount, had an option to go for a white 2017 model Highline with a discount of 10 % on ex-showroom price (+ another 10 K cash discount instead of 2 K for the 2018 model) but wife didn't like the color and the lack of DRLs. Didn't insist as this will be her daily ride. Waiting for the finance formalities and resale of my Celerio. Hoping to get my hands on her by the end of this week.

I am skeptical of the boot spoiler and have asked them to show it to me first before installing it. I would have rather prefered a cash discount instead of the sports kit which is merely cosmetic and definitey not worth the 60 K they quote. Overall, my booking experience was good and the sales executive Mr Syed was patient and friendly.

Budget got stretched quite a bit, was waiting for the Nexon AMT (the wait seems never ending) and had checked out the new Verna too. Was always drooling over Polo GT TSI and coaxed my wife for a TD. Was blown away by the performance and the refinement of both the gearbox and the motor. She wasn't convinced that the Polo was an upgrade from the Celerio in terms of size and finally Vento TSI it had to be.
Old 28th March 2018, 12:35   #9051
BHPian

Guys, what is the generic / recommennded kms range for a clutch replacement. Drop my 2012 Vento Diesel for servicing - 78k kms on the odo, the SA said the clutch is hard, which I have felt a bit, but not too bad. He is suggesting a clutch replacement for 14k. My previous Honda City and Safari both had its replacements around the 1,00,000 kms mark. Felt that this is a bit earlyish ?
Old 29th March 2018, 08:04   #9052
Senior - BHPian

Guys, has anyone replaced their coolant yet? Our Vento has done 61.5k and this is how the coolant looks.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_20180329_075733.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_20180329_075803.jpg

It looks slightly brownish and there's deposits on the surface of the container.

Is this normal?
Old 29th March 2018, 08:34   #9053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniHilat0R View Post
Guys, what is the generic / recommennded kms range for a clutch replacement. Drop my 2012 Vento Diesel for servicing - 78k kms on the odo, the SA said the clutch is hard, which I have felt a bit, but not too bad. He is suggesting a clutch replacement for 14k. My previous Honda City and Safari both had its replacements around the 1,00,000 kms mark. Felt that this is a bit earlyish ?
I have changed my Skoda Rapid's clutch around 93K kms. Clutch life depends on several factors like driving style, starting from zero in second gear etc. Please continue with stock clutch, if you feel it's manageable. But, what caught my eye is the price of 14K, is this only spares or also includes labor? 14K inclusive of everything is a very sweet deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Guys, has anyone replaced their coolant yet? Our Vento has done 61.5k and this is how the coolant looks.

It looks slightly brownish and there's deposits on the surface of the container.

Is this normal?
Container looks empty Please make sure container fluid levels are with in specified limits.
I do not notice any deposits inside the container in my car.

Last edited by hillsnrains : 29th March 2018 at 08:37.
hillsnrains is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 08:49   #9054
BHPian

Quote:

The life of clutch depends on the driving style and condition. If you are not noticing any drop in acceleration when you sudden accelerate your vehicle and only feeling it to be hard then only get the clutch cable replaced. It will make your clutch smooth. If any work on clutch is done then they replace the cable also. So first get the cable replaced, take a TD and then go for further work if required.
Prateek19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 08:51   #9055
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1746615

Attachment 1746616

Is this normal?
Please do a full flush of the cooling system and pour in fresh new coolant. Your expansion tank looks almost empty.

Any foreign debris or contaminants can severely damage the water pump and cause overheating of the engine.
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 09:58   #9056
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
looks like there might be a leak somewhere. Left with only so much, thats not normal. When was it serviced last ? the service center must have diagnosed this. Did you notice any warning lights or hot needle on the temp guage ?
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 10:06   #9057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
looks like there might be a leak somewhere. Left with only so much, thats not normal. When was it serviced last ? the service center must have diagnosed this. Did you notice any warning lights or hot needle on the temp guage ?
The car was serviced exactly 3 months ago! There was no warning or anything of that sort. I just happened to clean the engine bay today and noticed this.

A quick query! Should I drive it to the service centre and get it flushed and topped up or should I fill it up with the regular green coolant available at home and then go to the SC?
Old 29th March 2018, 10:09   #9058
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

A quick query! Should I drive it to the service centre and get it flushed and topped up or should I fill it up with the regular green coolant available at home and then go to the SC?
Don't use any coolant other than pink coolant.

Top it up with distilled water if you can, but please don't use the wrong coolant colour.
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 10:33   #9059
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Identical scenario - the car's around 78-80k kms. Was told on the last visit that it's time for a clutch replacement; it had become quite hard. However a broken clutch wire had to be replaced; which made the clutch very smooth.

Would suggest to take that route. That would be a minor expense. PM me if you want more details; got it done outside the VW network.

Btw where did you get the quote for 14k?
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 12:21   #9060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Container looks empty Please make sure container fluid levels are with in specified limits.
I do not notice any deposits inside the container in my car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Don't use any coolant other than pink coolant.Top it up with distilled water if you can, but please don't use the wrong coolant colour.
Thanks for the quick help guys! Appreciate it!

The coolant tank wasn't empty but it had half of it- that is within the required limits. Called up Abra motors and they said the coolant needs to be replaced and assured me I could drive to the service centre.

At the SC, they inspected the coolant and said that the coolant had lost its properties. That was ok to me. But my concern was the oil streaks on the top layer of the coolant. He didn't give an answer. He asked me to bring the car again tomorrow as they were too busy today. He assured me I could drive around but not more than a week.

The coolant tank also needs to be replaced as it can't be cleaned. Estimated cost is around ₹5000.
Turbohead is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks