Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2012, 14:42   #2926
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
You are also paying tax,so do others; but how can you explain the exclusivity you enjoy? These buses are meant for public transport. In peak hours few corporates charters these buses for their own employees exclusively and are not even filled to half the capacity. The rest of buses are crowded with double the seating capacity with people hanging on to the rails. If there is excess capacity no problems in leasing it to private users. Is it the case in Volvo routes during peak hours?
BMTC would be more concerned about increasing their revenue and ROI from the Volvos. Considering that initiative, they would be least concerned about the taxpayers.

Come to think of it, who in this country is concerned about the taxpayers?!
Old 19th January 2012, 22:25   #2927
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
OK, folks.

I am part of ORRCA and we are closely working with all agencies - BWSSB, BDA, GAIL, Traffic police - to make sure that the traffic moves on this stretch. It has been a tough experince to deal with these agencies. However, all the agencies are cooperating.
Fauji, any updates on the flyovers?

Asphalting of the service road (Bangalore Central side) and the main lane has indeed eased the traffic.

Last edited by mobike008 : 24th January 2012 at 15:32. Reason: Please DO NOT quote large text, videos and pictures as it inconveniences our mobile users. Thanks!
Old 19th January 2012, 22:40   #2928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
You are also paying tax,so do others; but how can you explain the exclusivity you enjoy? These buses are meant for public transport. In peak hours few corporates charters these buses for their own employees exclusively and are not even filled to half the capacity. The rest of buses are crowded with double the seating capacity with people hanging on to the rails. If there is excess capacity no problems in leasing it to private users. Is it the case in Volvo routes during peak hours?
BMTC or BTS as was known previously has been letting out buses from a very long time to public on rent.Its not a new thing to be upset about.
Old 21st January 2012, 22:52   #2929
BHPian

Found this article about BTP winning the golden peacock awards for adopting innovative technology through 'B-TRAC' project.

City traffic police bags Golden Peacock awards

Might also add that I contributed to some of their mobility initiatives as a peer reviewer ( mods please merge if this is not the right forum)
Old 23rd January 2012, 23:36   #2930
Distinguished - BHPian

This is the break in the median opposite to Apollo Hospital(Bannerghatta Road) for "U" turns. But due to these advertisement boards there is absolutely no view of the on coming traffic. Even the on coming traffic(vehicles keeping the right lane) doesn't have a view of the the vehicles that are taking "U" turns. Not sure how they gave approval to have these advertisement board at such a low height. Couple of days back a Fiesta had to brake hard to avoid hitting a auto which was taking a "U" turn.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-u-turn.jpg  

Old 24th January 2012, 11:20   #2931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
This is not actually a rant but what happened this morning. I am posting back what I posted in the afternoon on Bangalore Traffic Police facebook page.
I am trying to follow up on this. I am yet to receive a response. What a shame.

Last edited by mobike008 : 24th January 2012 at 15:32. Reason: Please DO NOT quote large text, videos and pictures as it inconveniences our mobile users. Thanks!
Old 25th January 2012, 09:07   #2932
Senior - BHPian

They have patched up the huge and big potholes on Sarjapur road between Wipro and Kaikondrahalli junction (but not from there till ORR). Looking at the quality of work, I give it two months.
Old 25th January 2012, 16:24   #2933
Team-BHP Support

Just received this SMS from BTP :

For AUTO RICKSHAW Complaints (IVRS dial 080-25588444/25588555 only).
For Traffic complaints dial 103 - Traffic Helpline
Old 26th January 2012, 23:31   #2934
BHPian

Close call yesterday

Yesterday evening (5:30 PM) I was returning via ORR , I was going towards Marathalli from Sarjapur side and needed to take a U-turn at Innovative multiplex cross. Usually in the stretch between Multiplex and Prestige tech park, the road is smooth and the cars do avg. 60 KMPH. There was a ford ikon in front of me in the right-most lane doing around 60 (me too) and a water-tanker 407 behind me. Just before Innovative U-turn, the ford ikon suddenly braked hard. I floored the brake pedal in my Ritz and hoped that the 407 behind does so. Fortunately all were maintaining a good distance and avoided any rear ending. Not the end of the story!
I honked to the Ikon to move as there were a steady flow of cars in the right lane to take U turn. In response, the ikon lit its blinkers. I thought maybe something is wrong with the car, so lets overtake it from left and continue. It was difficult to go left as there were cars rushing in the left lanes without paying attention to my left indicator. I was waiting & hoping to catch a break in the left lane to overtake when suddenly, from the ikon driver's seat, a lady in 30's protruded her head from the window, turned backwards to me , and shouted that this is her first day with this car and she should not be disturbed in her driving by constant honks from cars behind. "I need some time to concentrate. The car is fine. I am learning driving." Exactly what she said. Then suddenly, the car started rolling backwards from stand-still.(There's a small upward gradient) Some panic bursts of horn from me, and I saw the lady finally pulling the parking lever.
Fortunately by now I got some space in the left, overtook and then did the U-turn. I parked my car at the service road and went to look for the ikon. I saw it stranded in the middle of ORR ... with the lady fiddling with the gear in one hand and texting with the other.
Old 27th January 2012, 00:28   #2935
Senior - BHPian

Re: Close call yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Yesterday evening (5:30 PM) I was returning via ORR , I was going towards Marathalli from Sarjapur side and needed to take a U-turn at Innovative multiplex cross. Usually in the stretch between Multiplex and Prestige tech park, the road is smooth and the cars do avg. 60 KMPH. There was a ford ikon in front of me in the right-most lane doing around 60 (me too) and a water-tanker 407 behind me. Just before Innovative U-turn, the ford ikon suddenly braked hard. I floored the brake pedal in my Ritz and hoped that the 407 behind does so. Fortunately all were maintaining a good distance and avoided any rear ending. Not the end of the story!
I honked to the Ikon to move as there were a steady flow of cars in the right lane to take U turn. In response, the ikon lit its blinkers. I thought maybe something is wrong with the car, so lets overtake it from left and continue. It was difficult to go left as there were cars rushing in the left lanes without paying attention to my left indicator. I was waiting & hoping to catch a break in the left lane to overtake when suddenly, from the ikon driver's seat, a lady in 30's protruded her head from the window, turned backwards to me , and shouted that this is her first day with this car and she should not be disturbed in her driving by constant honks from cars behind. "I need some time to concentrate. The car is fine. I am learning driving." Exactly what she said. Then suddenly, the car started rolling backwards from stand-still.(There's a small upward gradient) Some panic bursts of horn from me, and I saw the lady finally pulling the parking lever.
Fortunately by now I got some space in the left, overtook and then did the U-turn. I parked my car at the service road and went to look for the ikon. I saw it stranded in the middle of ORR ... with the lady fiddling with the gear in one hand and texting with the other.
as much as the incident inconvenienced you (and i agree such things can really peeve one off), there might have been a reason why the woman had to take out the car.

let me ask you, did the car have an L board/ sticker on it? if not, maybe the woman had to take the car out in an emergency or she had to get somewhere and there was no one to drive her there. different people react differently to pressure. i guess all the honking and the traffic just froze her up.
IronH4WK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2012, 08:50   #2936
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
... there might have been a reason why the woman had to take out the car.

... maybe the woman had to take the car out in an emergency or ... different people react differently to pressure. i guess all the honking and the traffic just froze her up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
... There was a ford ikon in front of me in the right-most lane doing around 60 (me too)... the ford ikon suddenly braked hard ... Not the end of the story!
... the ikon lit its blinkers. I thought maybe something is wrong with the car, so lets overtake it from left and continue. ... from the ikon driver's seat, a lady in 30's protruded her head from the window, turned backwards to me , and shouted that this is her first day with this car and she should not be disturbed in her driving by constant honks from cars behind. "I need some time to concentrate. The car is fine. I am learning driving." Exactly what she said. ... I parked my car at the service road and went to look for the ikon. I saw it stranded in the middle of ORR ... with the lady fiddling with the gear in one hand and texting with the other.
It is entirely possible she froze up with the pressure of all the honking and associated swearing, black looks, etc. It is entirely possible that she was unfamiliar with the car, not a very proficient driver, etc etc.
All very well, but, it still does not excuse the lady from being in the fast lane and stopping there!
Old 27th January 2012, 18:55   #2937
Senior - BHPian

Hit & run by ex-minister ! This happened near Freedom park & victim is a lawyer.
Link: Ex-minister ‘hits’ a biker and ‘runs
Old 28th January 2012, 21:52   #2938
Senior - BHPian

Today evening, there was a broken down tipper at the Kodathi railway crossing near Decathlon. It looked like it had a broken suspension. It broke down right at the bottleneck, creating chaos. Thankfully, the railway guy was trying to manage the traffic.

That tipper was TN registered. Almost all the tippers plying on that road, carrying soil, are TN registered.

If these tippers are empty, all these are swaying between the lanes as if Death is chasing them, and if they are full, they are always in the right lane.

How can builders employ non-KA vehicles in KA for commercial purpose? They sure don't have national permit, as no such info is painted on them.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 29th January 2012 at 00:08. Reason: Edited a typo. Hope you don't mind that. :)
Old 29th January 2012, 09:09   #2939
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

I traveled on Inner Ring Road this morning at 6.30am from Domlur towards Koramangala and in the opposite direction around 7.30am.

Noticed that the shrubs, bougainvillea and other plants on the median have been pruned down which is a good move since they'd gotten too dense and were obstructing the view when driving on this road especially on the curves. However, the pruned branches were still piled up all along the median on both sides of the road, posing a new danger to motorists on the road

I just hope this was the case early morning only and our BBMP folks would get their act together (later in the day at least) to clear up the mess.
Old 29th January 2012, 09:12   #2940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post

I just hope this was the case early morning only and our BBMP folks would get their act together (later in the day at least) to clear up the mess.
This is the state of road since Friday Morning. Today is Sunday. Hope it's cleared
vivek.ks is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks