Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2013, 12:26   #1501
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
Guys there’s a god news, however before jumping in joy we need to verify this across latitude and longitude. Just came to know from a "extremely reliable source" that there’s a new TSB for XUV5oo's which calls for a change of brake pads, master cylinder and the brake pedal.

Coming back to reality till date I don’t have any clue on the new set of Golfer brake pads, that has been promised to me. And frankly as this has been reported around a month back, and till date I don’t have any firm dates I am getting a little irritated.

What is TSB? What are Golfer brake pads?

BTW: Thanks for the update!
Old 23rd February 2013, 12:31   #1502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post

TSB --> Technical Service bulletin

-- Wind
Wind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2013, 12:32   #1503
BHPian

Quote:

TSB= Technical Service Bulletin. Its kind of a notice which tells the Service Centre what should be done and how.

Golfer Brake Pads : Till date XUV's were using Bosch brake pads which were undergoing continuous design changes, to take care of the various reported issues. Golfer is a new brand which are now used in latest generation of the XUV's, supposed to have better bite and no noise.

And SDP it would be great if you may please get this verified in Pune. If they have started this or when they will. Since the gentleman who informed me is very well known face in TBHP and he knows what he is talking about
me_sid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2013, 15:09   #1504
BHPian

I was just going through another post regarding air bags. Have see two W8's which were involved in collisions, both had the front two airbags deployed, but no sign of the side airbags being deployed, Or the second row airbags??
Makes you wonder??
Old 23rd February 2013, 15:09   #1505
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
Golfer Brake Pads : Till date XUV's were using Bosch brake pads which were undergoing continuous design changes, to take care of the various reported issues. Golfer is a new brand which are now used in latest generation of the XUV's, supposed to have better bite and no noise.
Thanks for the update.

Even after multiple brake pad updates, did you guys still feel the lack of confidence while braking?

Is it Golfer? or could that brand be "Galfer" brake Pads ?

Quote:
Galfer Brakes was founded by Maffio Milesi in Barcelona, Spain, in 1946 as a brake pad supplier for major European motorcycle and auto makers.
http://www.galferusa.com/about-galfer/
M35 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2013, 15:16   #1506
BHPian

Might be Galfer! Unless and untill I see it with my eyes wont be able to say. As far as braking is concerned , I would stick to my statement that I am comfortable with the braking, no qualms! Whats iritating is the "knaccchhhhhh" at times ( in slow speed), as if you are driving a state bus.
me_sid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2013, 16:52   #1507
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post
I was just going through another post regarding air bags. Have see two W8's which were involved in collisions, both had the front two airbags deployed, but no sign of the side airbags being deployed, Or the second row airbags??
Makes you wonder??
Airbags deploy only when required, maybe the cars involved in the accident just had a frontal collision, the reason why only front airbags deployed. Please use the appropriate Airbags thread to discuss this further, i wouldn't classify it as a niggle.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 03:38   #1508
BHPian

Not sure I have been let in on this rather late, but I learnt recently from my RM that the "months restriction" or the time based restrictions on the first few free services has been removed. This would mean that people who gross less KMs on their vehicles can afford to wait longer and put on the KMs before using the free services.

Anybody else heard of this change from Mahindra / using this already?
Old 24th February 2013, 06:37   #1509
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iride View Post
Not sure I have been let in on this rather late, but I learnt recently from my RM that the "months restriction" or the time based restrictions on the first few free services has been removed. This would mean that people who gross less KMs on their vehicles can afford to wait longer and put on the KMs before using the free services.

This is actually correct. Even I have only 'heard' about it. I took it up with customer-care why M&M did not communicate this officially to me. They replied that it was communicated via SMS to all the cell-numbers which have been registered with them as part of Purple Club Membership. They also asked me if my cell is registered in the "Do Not Disturb" registry. I indeed have.

So that explains why lot of us have not heard about it officially. Removing "DND" is not an option for me. For that once in a blue-moon important SMS from M&M, I can't open-up the gate for a hoard of junk SMSs from telemarketers. I have conveyed this back to the customer-care. I am awaiting an answer in terms of if getting the communication via email is an option. Would update the thread when I receive something concrete about it.

In the mean time, any current owner who has the SMS, can you please share the exact text here? Would help to avoid confusions and mis-interpretations.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 11:00   #1510
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post

Airbags deploy only when required, maybe the cars involved in the accident just had a frontal collision, the reason why only front airbags deployed. Please use the appropriate Airbags thread to discuss this further, i wouldn't classify it as a niggle.
Yes ,side curtain airbags should deploy only if there is a side impact ..
Old 24th February 2013, 18:29   #1511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iride View Post

Quote:
This is actually correct. Even I have only 'heard' about it. I took it up with customer-care why M&M did not communicate this officially to me. They replied that it was communicated via SMS to all the cell-numbers which have been registered with them as part of Purple Club Membership. They also asked me if my cell is registered in the "Do Not Disturb" registry. I indeed have.

So that explains why lot of us have not heard about it officially. Removing "DND" is not an option for me. For that once in a blue-moon important SMS from M&M, I can't open-up the gate for a hoard of junk SMSs from telemarketers. I have conveyed this back to the customer-care. I am awaiting an answer in terms of if getting the communication via email is an option. Would update the thread when I receive something concrete about it.

In the mean time, any current owner who has the SMS, can you please share the exact text here? Would help to avoid confusions and mis-interpretations.
Iride, SDP, this info is 100% accurate. I took delivery on January 7, 2013, from NBS International, which is a 100% subsidiary of M&M. During delivery the SE cut out the monthly requirement on my Service booklet and said this no longer applies, only the kms are relevant. So both you guys sleep peacefully at night. I have not received any SMS since I too have DND activated.
Heavy Horse is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 22:28   #1512
BHPian

Reassuring to hear that Heavy_Horse, SDP!

Yes, I have DND activated too and am assuming that is why I did not hear about it either till I took my vehicle to the RM for a second servicing.

But Mahindra should enable email messaging too, especially since bulk email is probably cheaper than bulk SMS, isn't it?
Old 25th February 2013, 15:08   #1513
BHPian

No qualms! It is indeed based on kilometers. Confirmed by RM, so no worries ( I guess I reported this around December).

Coming back to the issue of TSB, it stands confirmed that the new TSB ( confirmed by my RM, though he stated that TSB might be out , but the parts are not yet allocated) is in place for replacement of pads, pedal, master cylinder. Yet to see it, but definitely would ,once I visit the A.S.S. So in my opinion I think all of you should verify this from your respective RM's and go ahead with replacement.
Old 25th February 2013, 15:51   #1514
SDP
Team-BHP Support

I have a few questions about Technical Service Bulletin (TSB):

1. If a TSB is issued, should the service-center ask all the owners serviced by them to bring in their vehicles? Or should they do the replacement as and when a vehicle comes in for a service/repair?

2. If a TSB is issued for a part, should the service-center replace that part for ALL vehicles belonging to specific batches? OR is it at the service-center's discretion which vehicles would get the replaced part, may be based on some additional inspection by them?
Old 25th February 2013, 16:56   #1515
BHPian

I also heard that extended warranty of one year is being offered but no communication has been conveyed to Me as yet from M&M. Can anyone who has bought extended warranty share the prices and details? Thanks.

P.S.
I took my XUV for 10k service recently with a list of niggles/queries. Will update this thread shortly as soon as last remaining niggle(of engine kat kat noise at low rpms) is sorted out. The SA says its apparently an electrical problem. I hope it gets sorted out soon and as of now car is still at A.S.S.

Last edited by abhinavinc : 25th February 2013 at 16:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks