Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2019, 10:45   #3901
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
This could have been a good opportunity for vendors like BSNL to strike a good deal. 3G networks are enough for car connectivity & what matters is more network coverage - which BSNL has. But we know how it works, so I'm asking something beyond dreams!
Such offerings do need the impeccable service and response time is expected to be very swift. BSNL would never be the vendor of choice given the service reputation and current uncertainty.
gupta_chd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 10:47   #3902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I think Vodafone is the only one offering such eSIMs for IoT for now.
That's not true. Hector itself in India comes with Airtel. I am sure there will be many other companies giving such solutions.

I believe e-sim is also used in many other devices other than cars. I am no expert on this matter, but I do not think it is a tech available off shelf so any telecom player who wants to do this, Can!
AGwagon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 10:57   #3903
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
Such offerings do need the impeccable service and response time is expected to be very swift. BSNL would never be the vendor of choice given the service reputation and current uncertainty.
For almost 10 years, I have felt BSNL customer service is better than Vodafone. I have used both. And rarely got usable coverage on VF. (I have been employed with VF too infact).
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
That's not true. Hector itself in India comes with Airtel. I am sure there will be many other companies giving such solutions.
I didn't know that airtel was the vendor for Hector, thanks.

Quote:
I believe e-sim is also used in many other devices other than cars. I am no expert on this matter, but I do not think it is a tech available off shelf so any telecom player who wants to do this, Can!
Of course everyone can. eSIM afterall is nothing space age. Its going to be the standard soon. Programmable chip in the phone that is flashed to match a vendor. Days of physical sim cards are numbered and thats good for environment too.

All I meant was at this moment for cars no other vendors are giving such services due to new nature of business. Most vendors - jio especially - must be working on the business model and agreement packs to sell to more brands.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 13:03   #3904
BHPian

I was going through the extended warranty that is available for the Seltos and going through what are not covered, does it make sense to take the extended warranty at all. In a situation like, where a clutch plate replacement situation, which is an expensive affair, I dont think it will be covered in any warranty. It will be treated as normal wear and tear from Day 1. So if some points could be shared on what would be covered in this extended warranty, it would be beneficial.

I also found out that there are two types of extended warranties being offered. One for Unlimited Kms and another one for 1,20,000 kms ( cheaper one). These options are not pitched by the sales guys at the showroom. I am not sure if this was already shared. If yes, then apologies for the repeat.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-extended-warranty-not-covered.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-extended-warranty-pricing.jpg  

anzrulz555 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 13:33   #3905
BHPian

Quote:
Hi John, I know I was the first one to post it on this thread. However, TG_F196, had claimed it is working for him so was just curious.

I feel 6 days is an eternity for sorting things like these out. I knew Kia chose a wrong Telecom Partner in Voda/Idea. They are struggling and are happy to get out if things become any worse, which it seems like they will.
Yeah! No updates on the issue till now. New users are not able to activate and existing users are unable to pull the data from the server!
Old 12th November 2019, 13:54   #3906
BHPian

Here is the only review for HTX IVT till now, Kindly share your views:

Old 12th November 2019, 15:22   #3907
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SequentialShift View Post
About the DCT (DSG) it is meant to fail at some point, it may be 5 months or 5 years manufacturer can't guarantee a thing! The thing they can do & should do is a goodwill warranty if it is within thier terms like the Volkswagen group.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...t-gearbox.html (DSG, demystified! All you need to know about VW's Direct-Shift Gearbox)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...review-16.html (Volkswagen Ameo : Official Review)

https://m.facebook.com/tclint/posts/10155343181042972

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th November 2019 at 15:25. Reason: Video link removed from the quote. Quote content trimmed.
Old 12th November 2019, 15:28   #3908
BHPian

Terrible experience with Seltos 1.5 Petrol - Manual.
We started off for Dalhousie from Delhi on 7th night in my cousin's newly brought Seltos, which had done only about 2,200 Km on the ODO and had been serviced recently before the trip. We reached Dalhousie next morning, travelling approx 560 kms without any issues. The hill drive starts after crossing Pathankot and the road is very uniform with no major steep climbs up to Dalhousie. After resting for couple of hours, we started for Khajjiar, but the roads were closed beyond a certain point due to excessive snow (yes - snow in Nov ). Enjoyed the drive and snow and came back to hotel to spend the rest of the evening. Till this point, the Seltos was performing very well without any issues and kept us smiling. The next day we drove to Chamera Lake (around 31 kms) and on way back the trauma started. We reached Dalhousie and stopped for a bite. As soon as the car came to a stop, we noticed steam coming out from the bonnet. This surprised us as there is minimal steep climbs around the area. We opened the bonnet and saw the coolant boiling and steaming with the coolant splashed around the bottle area. Since this was a brand new vehicle, this was least expected and all of us panicked. The most surprising part was that the temperature meter was showing normal temperature with no warning in the instrument cluster. We allowed the car to cool down and to our surprise, there was no coolant left in the bottle.

Link to the boiling coolant

We called up the technical team in Delhi and informed them. They too were surprised and asked us to let the car cool down and then fill coolant or water and drive for sometime to see if the problem still exists. Also there was no noticeable leakage in the hose pipes. We walked down to the market and procured coolant bottles and filled up the radiator as well as the bottle till the max point and as instructed by the technical team. The car started and had driven just 500 m when the man beside us informed that the coolant was falling from the car. Immediately we stopped the car and got down to see that the same scene - boiling coolant in the bottle and spilled all around. Post cooling we started the car to park it at a place where it does not hinder any traffic movement (it gets really tough @ any hill station). Called the Delhi team and they shared the number of Punjab Technical team (Jalandhar and Amritsar). Post this, they asked us to check the fuses etc which we did as per the instructions on phone. The final nail in the coffin came when the car refused to start and this left us in stranded in the middle of the road in a hill station. The car did not start and so had to be pushed to a broader area so that trucks and buses could pass. The technical team asked us to call the Seltos RSA team and ask them to arrange for a pick up on a flat bed from Pathankot. The flat bed arrived around 10 PM and took the Seltos to take it to the nearest Service Center @ Pathankot). We reached the service center next morning to find that the car was OK and road test passed. As per the technical person, he reset the error in the scan and started the car and it was OK and also topped up the coolant.
Before leaving for Delhi, we were instructed to check the coolant every 100 km. Luckily the problem did not recur.

Nothing concrete was given as the root cause of the issue though the technical team (thanks for their support) will scan the car this week in Delhi/Noida to get more details.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th November 2019 at 06:55. Reason: Typos and grammar
sacrust is offline   (47) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 16:08   #3909
BHPian

Quote:
What is the last date for which you can pull off the drive data from your UVO app on mobile?
I have the trip data till yesterday night. I also used the UVO app to remotely start the car just today morning. Maybe this issue is location specific in Mumbai?
TG_F196 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 16:18   #3910
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrust View Post
We reached the service center next morning to find that the car is OK now and Road test passed. As per the technical person, he reset the error in the scan and started the car and it was OK and also topped up the coolant.
Before leaving for Delhi, we were instructed to check Every 100 kms the coolant under the hood though luckily the problem did not occur.

Nothing concrete was given as the root cause for the issue though the technical team (thanks for their support) will scan the car this week in Delhi/Noida to get more details
How can a Software/Scan Reset solve a coolant leak ?

Im sure there's more to it, which isn't being disclosed.

Once you know, please share it on the thread.

Last edited by karan561 : 12th November 2019 at 16:20.
karan561 is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 16:20   #3911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG_F196 View Post
I have the trip data till yesterday night. I also used the UVO app to remotely start the car just today morning. Maybe this issue is location specific in Mumbai?
Oh, Strange! I am from Hyderabad and facing the same connectivity issue. Can you please share the software version number of the UVO application and the Infotainment system?
Old 12th November 2019, 16:22   #3912
BHPian

Quote:
Terrible experience with Seltos 1.5 Petrol - Manual.
We opened the bonnet and saw the coolant boiling and steaming with the coolant splashed around the bottle area.

We reached the service center next morning to find that the car is OK now and Road test passed. As per the technical person, he reset the error in the scan and started the car and it was OK and also topped up the coolant.
Before leaving for Delhi, we were instructed to check Every 100 kms the coolant under the hood though luckily the problem did not occur.

Nothing concrete was given as the root cause for the issue though the technical team (thanks for their support) will scan the car this week in Delhi/Noida to get more details
That's a terrible ordeal that you had to go through.

To me, from the video it seems like that the engine oil & coolant has got mixed (the colour and the boiling behaviour suggests that). However, the issue should not get sorted automatically just by resetting the error codes. It can be generally associated with the oil pump valve or sensor failing (I think?)

One needs to check this. I experienced the same issue with my Tata Zest recently and it is a painful process to set right after correcting the problem that caused it.

Firstly after correcting the cause, engine oil will have to be flushed and refilled. Then, given the engine oil is already in the coolant bottle also means that it is in the radiator as well, which will needs to be flushed clean. Unfortunately the best way to do this is to drive the car with water for 500-1000km and then flush out the dirty water. This cycle will need to be followed at least 2-3 times, before fresh coolant can be added. So it takes a lot of time to get this sorted. Else you have to change the entire intercooler assembly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG_F196 View Post
So it seems then. Can anyone else from Mumbai confirm?

Just read this:
Vodafone's future in India in doubt after latest setback
CEO Nick Read said Vodafone was not committing any more equity to India.

Vodafone said its future in India could be in doubt unless the government stopped hitting operators with higher taxes and charges, after a court judgment over license fees resulted in a 1.9 billion euro group loss in its first half. Chief Executive Nick Read said India, where Vodafone formed a joint venture with Idea Cellular in 2018, had been "a very challenging situation for a long time", but it remained a sizable market where Vodafone had a 30% share.

Source

Last edited by AGwagon : 12th November 2019 at 16:40.
AGwagon is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 16:31   #3913
BHPian

Quote:

Damn that is definitely sad to see such things happening to a brand new car.
KIA should totally respond on whats wrong. Everyday there are new videos surfacing brand new problems for the brand new car. Owners of the cars are also sharing their problems.

Yes all these problems are something which will be rectified sooner or later. But many buyers including my dad are thinking to cancel the booking or wait for the 2020 lot where most of the problems might be rectified.
Kpaaz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 19:38   #3914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzrulz555 View Post
I also found out that there are two types of extended warranties being offered. One for Unlimited Kms and another one for 1,20,000 kms ( cheaper one).
What is the source of this price quote?
Old 12th November 2019, 19:50   #3915
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzrulz555 View Post
I also found out that there are two types of extended warranties being offered. One for Unlimited Kms and another one for 1,20,000 kms ( cheaper one). These options are not pitched by the sales guys at the showroom. I am not sure if this was already shared. If yes, then apologies for the repeat.
You can read the terms and conditions of warranty on their website (link shared below).

The dealers are using the 5 yr/unlimited kms warranty as the default choice when they hand out the quotes. If someone is not careful (like me), they will end up buying this option even if they don't need "Unlimited kms" option.

I found it while going through my Owner manual and realized that 5 yr/120k kms was more than sufficient for me. I could have got it for 17k+ taxes where as I paid 26k (22k + 4k as taxes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplab3110 View Post
What is the source of this price quote?
Their website has the details. I found it in my owner's manual as well.

https://www.kia.com/in/service/kia-o...-warranty.html

Last edited by ashis89 : 12th November 2019 at 19:56.
ashis89 is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks