Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2018, 11:18   #11266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Would be good if you at least put a link of the hlxg bulbs from aliexpress.
Here you go!

The 4300k version of this one.

HLXG 2Pcs Mini 6000K 4300K Yellow 9000LM CSP H3 H4 LED H7 Car Headlight 52W Fog lights H8 H1 H11 led 12V light bulbs for cars
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cDbOB72s
saadat1992 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2018, 09:41   #11267
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-whatsapp-image-20181017-09.35.50-3.jpeg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-whatsapp-image-20181017-09.35.50-2.jpeg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-whatsapp-image-20181017-09.35.50-1.jpeg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-whatsapp-image-20181017-09.35.50.jpeg

Need help from the experts.

I had ordered a Osram DH11 4200k Eco HID Kit from Amazon. The built quality I see is not something that I expect from a INR 8000+ product. I am attaching few photos, would you be able to identify if these are indeed original Osram or fakes? The box did not have any seal on it as well, that is what made me suspicious at first.

The photo focusing the base of one of the bulbs shows some kind of dirt particles accumulated in the base. I haven't ventured into cleaning it, would rather return the product if it turns out to be fake basis your feedback

Last edited by baahubali : 17th October 2018 at 09:50. Reason: additional info added
baahubali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2018, 11:32   #11268
Distinguished - BHPian

While this bulb doesn't look fake, it looks like the pack has been opened and tried by someone and when they realized that this bulb doesn't fit their car, they returned the kit. That is pretty common on Amazon! It is best to avoid buying an HID kit from Amazon as it is also possible that defective kits are being sold on Amazon. Osram India also does not honour warranty on kits sold through Amazon too. Best to return this kit and buy from an authorized physical store instead, which will get you warranty and peace of mind.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2018, 14:54   #11269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
While this bulb doesn't look fake, it looks like the pack has been opened and tried by someone and when they realized that this bulb doesn't fit their car, they returned the kit. That is pretty common on Amazon! It is best to avoid buying an HID kit from Amazon as it is also possible that defective kits are being sold on Amazon. Osram India also does not honour warranty on kits sold through Amazon too. Best to return this kit and buy from an authorized physical store instead, which will get you warranty and peace of mind.
Yes, the probability that someone returned the kit to Amazon after trying is very high. I tried searching for dealers who sell Osram Kits here in Bangalore, but was unable to find one. Had to resort to online shopping hence. The bulb is also giving off a slight buzzing sound, is that normal?
Old 17th October 2018, 15:27   #11270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baahubali View Post
Yes, the probability that someone returned the kit to Amazon after trying is very high. I tried searching for dealers who sell Osram Kits here in Bangalore, but was unable to find one. Had to resort to online shopping hence. The bulb is also giving off a slight buzzing sound, is that normal?
A slight high pitched buzz at start up is fine but the buzz should subside when the bulb arc has stabilized. If the buzz continues even in operation it is a sign of a defective bulb where the arc capsule is not perfect and hence unstable.
Alot of the Osram kits on Amazon are returned or defective. In Bangalore I do know of flybhp.com which supplies Osram genuine kits. They are also based at Bangalore as I recall , so you can probably pick it up from them directly.
Old 19th October 2018, 21:31   #11271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
A slight high pitched buzz at start up is fine but the buzz should subside when the bulb arc has stabilized. If the buzz continues even in operation it is a sign of a defective bulb where the arc capsule is not perfect and hence unstable.
Alot of the Osram kits on Amazon are returned or defective. In Bangalore I do know of flybhp.com which supplies Osram genuine kits. They are also based at Bangalore as I recall , so you can probably pick it up from them directly.
I did call them before purchasing, but they dont sell if offline. Its all online for flybhp.com as well.
Old 19th October 2018, 23:38   #11272
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Now the headlights are acting very weird. Headlight doesn't switch on at times and it won't turn off also couple of times.

I do not have much knowledge on wiring / electricals. Is it a bad HID relay?
Update:

It was diagnosed to be faulty HID relay and Xenon Planet has provided me new relay free of cost.

Details here
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4481265
Old 21st October 2018, 19:09   #11273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekpsingh View Post
How much should a pair of LightForce 215 or 180 cost me in Delhi? I tried to reach LightForce India on their FB page but they haven't responded in almost a week now.

Any trusted source also who can help me get these here would be a great help too.
I don't remember the name of the shop but there are a couple of shops you can find in Karol Bagh.
Old 22nd October 2018, 13:55   #11274
BHPian

Posting on behalf of my friend. I would like to upgrade Innova crysta's high beam bulbs to LED. OEM highbeam barrel houses HB3 halogen.
I need your suggestions for upgrading to LED bulbs for the same. Following are thr queries.

1. Which brand to opt?
2. Size of the bulbs?
3. What Kelvin?
4. Safety considerations to be taken care off while installing?
5. Will it void manufacturers warranty?

This is a repeat post. Hope it's a right place for the same.

Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 11:56   #11275
BHPian

One of the headlights on my Honda Jazz 2015 model stopped working. I'm thinking of using this as an opportunity to upgrade the bulbs but I don't want to bother with modifications or any rewiring.
Can something like the Philips 9003 X-tremeVision be used and is it as simple as plug and play?
Any help on this would be appreciated.
Old 23rd October 2018, 11:58   #11276
BHPian

My March 2017 Ecosport Titanium Diesel is a really good car in all aspects. But, and this is a BIG ONE - Its headlights - To sum it up - I have seen better illumination from scooter headlamps (with 35W AC setup).

It is a real shame - That I did not check about this by organizing a night time test drive on the highway.

The day I took delivery, I was stunned (not in a good way) by these piddly little things. I cursed myself for not waiting for another 7 or 8 months to have taken the new ecosport with its' quad headlamp setup.

I initially tried using Osram night breaker laser - Low beam was improved; but high beam was shot

I then tried Philips Racing Vision from powerbulbs UK; but even in this case, the high beam gets scattered everywhere.

Finally I have found solace in the H4 & H11 fanless LEDs from aliexpress as they are somewhat marginally better than the Philips bulbs.

Have raised the issue with Ford India multiple times; but to no avail. Every time I get a courtesy call and they try to wash it away talking of homologation and regulations by ARAI. When I asked them about poor reflector design to their face; they simply flailed their arms up in air.

I have now done a custom alignment to suit my driving needs. The low beam cut-off is high; but it serves my purpose. And, am headed to the dealer this week for checking on this one more time.

Even now am willing to pay 20k for an "OEM accessory" quad headlamp setup if Ford India offers it; as it will give me peace of mind for warranty.

I had fitted Hella Rallye 3003 for 2 weeks before removing them due to warning by the dealer that Ford India will void warranty. Those two weeks were the best of my night drives so far.

Am now contemplating multiple ideas for improving the illumination:

1. Projector Retrofit in headlamps (buy a separate piece and mod it up) - Swap the headlights at home with stock every time I go for service (which is once in 6-7 months - I can live with that)
2. Projector Fog Lamps from Aliexpress - These things will be useful no doubt - But am looking for a safe way of powering the high beam shutter solenoid (don't want to ruin headlamp wiring harness)
3. Going back to Hella Rallye 3003 / 9" LED lights from Aliexpress - This is the warranty voiding option - But, have to first strike a truce with my local dealer and then jump into this.

I am having a budget of around 20k max for whatever it is I need to try - but this will be the one shot I have to spend on this.

Please do let me know about potential solutions for this major headache.
Old 23rd October 2018, 13:16   #11277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyFunk View Post
One of the headlights on my Honda Jazz 2015 model stopped working. I'm thinking of using this as an opportunity to upgrade the bulbs but I don't want to bother with modifications or any rewiring.
Can something like the Philips 9003 X-tremeVision be used and is it as simple as plug and play?
Any help on this would be appreciated.
Yes, any 60/55 H4 bulb would be a simple plug and play option.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 13:51   #11278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Yes, any 60/55 H4 bulb would be a simple plug and play option.
Thanks Blackasta. Do you have any recommendations regarding the Brand/Model Number for the same or should I go ahead with the Philips 9003 X-treme Vision?
Old 23rd October 2018, 14:07   #11279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyFunk View Post
Thanks Blackasta. Do you have any recommendations regarding the Brand/Model Number for the same or should I go ahead with the Philips 9003 X-treme Vision?
I think the latest models are Osram nightbreaker laser and philips racingvision.
Details here:

https://www.powerbulbs.com/store/cat...fitting/h4-472
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 15:51   #11280
BHPian

When it comes to the construction of halogen bulbs, all are:
a. Made of quartz or aluminosilicate casing
b. Use a tungsten filament
c. Filled with a mix of Argon-Nitrogen gas

Given the above, how are halogen bulbs promising 10%, 20%, or even 50% extra bright light as compared to standard bulbs? Is there any fundamental difference in the construction of these bulbs? Or are all these claims hogwash?

Some examples for HB3-9005 bulbs
Philips Vision HB 3 – claimed to provide 30% more light
OSRAM Night Breaker Unlimited HB3 – claimed to provide 10% more light
OSRAM Night Breaker Laser (Next Generation) HB3 – claimed to provide 50% more light

And when they talk of white light or blue light the only difference I see is some sort of coating on the glass surface. Does this not lead to just tinting the generated light and loss of actual brightness? From my understanding of physics, as the number of non-transparent layers light passes through increases the intensity decreases.

Then how is OSRAM Cool Blue Boost HB3 promising 50% more light at a colour temperature of 5000K?

All the above 4 bulbs mentioned operate at 60W. And none of them claim to be xenon bulbs.

Last edited by BeantownThinker : 23rd October 2018 at 15:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks