Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2019, 21:38   #11431
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
If I'm not wrong, Baleno has 25w D8S bulbs. You could try looking for 35w D8S bulbs.

You could also opt for fog lamp projectors.
Thanks for the advice. I had a small doubt though regarding the fact that from what I remember the stock foglamps are already 35w. Please correct me if I am wrong. If not this would be a good upgrade I guess.

Also what is the general opinion about a switch to LED's for the bulbs?
Old 24th March 2019, 22:10   #11432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav_2502 View Post
Thanks for the advice. I had a small doubt though regarding the fact that from what I remember the stock foglamps are already 35w. Please correct me if I am wrong. If not this would be a good upgrade I guess.

Also what is the general opinion about a switch to LED's for the bulbs?
I am talking about upgrading your headlights from 25W to 35W. That's option one.

The second option would be to get a good pair of fog lamp projectors running HID @ 35W (either 3000K or 4300K).

You could try LED's in the fogs, but I don't think any 35W LED would give any appreciable benefit in the fog lamp reflector.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 11:48   #11433

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Order two of these :

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-P...366483362.html

Once you get them, give me a heads up. I can help set it up for you
Hello Sunnyboi, can you help me with a similar case in my Elite i20 (2015 Asta) .
I have the the OEM projector head lamps, but the wiring harness connector issue is exact same case as drhoneycake car (Hyundai Verna).

Apologies if I have posted wrongly, my first post, newbie in Teambhp, die hard mechanical engineer since birth.
Old 31st March 2019, 23:02   #11434
BHPian

After a 5 hour long DIY with many issues finally installed these. Output shots soon as alignment still needs to be corrected. These are Bi-LED projectors with panamera shrouds.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20190330_174025.jpg  

Mr. Nobody is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 11:12   #11435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
After a 5 hour long DIY with many issues finally installed these. Output shots soon as alignment still needs to be corrected. These are Bi-LED projectors with panamera shrouds.
Hi @Mr Nobody your car looks amazing, this is a new style and haven't seen on the roads. Can you give some more details about the mod, like -
1. Pictures of light throw (at night)
2. costing details

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
So, I finally managed to get the projectors for my car - a Dec 2014 Fluidic Verna CRDi.
A very informative post, and you have inspired me to embark on a similar project for my Elite i20 2015 for its OEM projector head lamps

How has the wiring held up, has there been any modification to it that may void warranty.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 1st April 2019 at 11:22. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts, made within the 30 mins Edit window.
Old 1st April 2019, 16:11   #11436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive@will View Post

A very informative post, and you have inspired me to embark on a similar project for my Elite i20 2015 for its OEM projector head lamps

How has the wiring held up, has there been any modification to it that may void warranty.
To be really Honest, it’s not worth the hassle of getting those OEM Projectors. They are a minor upgrade at best. Better to retrofit some good HID/LED Projector (Morimoto?!) for a massive improvement in lighting.

With regards to the wiring, have made a custom wiring harness, so NO factory wires are spliced anywhere.
Old 1st April 2019, 16:26   #11437

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
To be really Honest, it’s not worth the hassle of getting those OEM Projectors. They are a minor upgrade at best. Better to retrofit some good HID/LED Projector (Morimoto?!) for a massive improvement in lighting.
Thank you Sir,

So I already have the projector head lamps with me, I need help to do the wiring bit, and also thinking of installing a HID in the OEM projector if it fits. Can you help me with that?

And yes, my friends who have purchased the newer models, have the same complaint regarding projectors. But my thoughts being that it would be OEM design and can have the functionality of adjustable beams, with little change as compared to a complete overhaul in the case of a reflector head lamp with other concerns (leveling, legality etc)

Last edited by Vid6639 : 2nd April 2019 at 00:39. Reason: fixing quote tags
Old 4th April 2019, 10:39   #11438
BHPian

Quote:
That looks awesome. Can you share from where you sourced the Projector and shroud and what make are they?
saurabh041086 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 13:49   #11439
BHPian

Guys anyone upgraded the Headlights for Nexon, the low beam seems inadequate. I was thinking Osram Nightbreaker H7. Is this plug and play or we will need to split wires. Not keen on voiding warranty.
Mine is XZ+ variant which comes with Projector Headlamps, H7, 55W.

Any other brands suggested?
Old 8th April 2019, 00:03   #11440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
That looks awesome. Can you share from where you sourced the Projector and shroud and what make are they?
Projector is the ilens 2.0 LED projector and shrouds are the panamera shrouds. Sourced from Alibaba.com.
Old 8th April 2019, 12:45   #11441
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Sir,

So I already have the projector head lamps with me, I need help to do the wiring bit, and also thinking of installing a HID in the OEM projector if it fits. Can you help me with that?

And yes, my friends who have purchased the newer models, have the same complaint regarding projectors. But my thoughts being that it would be OEM design and can have the functionality of adjustable beams, with little change as compared to a complete overhaul in the case of a reflector head lamp with other concerns (leveling, legality etc)
I can help you out, if you have the wiring diagrams (both your car and the projector headlight pins).

HID will fit in the projector light but that projector is made for a halogen bulb and you don’t really see the benefit of the HID bulb.

With regards to functionality, you’ll lose following:-

1) function of the DRLs dimming when the low beams are turned on (because in the OEM, the DRL is controlled by DRL Module located underneath the glovebox)

2) levelling is lost. You existing levelling device will not work with the OEM projectors. You’ll need to source a set of actuators for the OEM lights (they are around 8k for one). The wiring is different as well.

PM me once you have the wiring diagrams, I’ll see what I can do from my end.
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 13:49   #11442
BHPian

Quote:
Hi @Mr Nobody your car looks amazing, this is a new style and haven't seen on the roads. Can you give some more details about the mod, like -
1. Pictures of light throw (at night)
2. costing details
Thanks, these costed me close to 14k. However i do not recommend these projectors for Grand i10 headlight assembly as there is limited space so the lock ring install method wont work with this shroud type. The 4 screw method is more taxing as alignment etc needs to be done. Even though these are expensive, a good 55W hid projector in 4300k color will outperform these although they bring their own drawbacks.

Light output shots to be uploaded by next week when i'm back driving the car.
Old 9th April 2019, 13:36   #11443
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, these costed me close to 14k. However i do not recommend these projectors for Grand i10 headlight assembly as there is limited space so the lock ring install method wont work with this shroud type. The 4 screw method is more taxing as alignment etc needs to be done. Even though these are expensive, a good 55W hid projector in 4300k color will outperform these although they bring their own drawbacks.

Light output shots to be uploaded by next week when i'm back driving the car.
Congrats on the setup !!
I love these panamera shrouds, especially the switchbacks. Waiting for more pics.

Can you post a break up of the components? 14k seems a bit steep considering the unit itself is like 8k i believe while shrouds for 2.5-3k(if switchbacks).

Your problem was the larger panamera shrouds. The projector has to be mounted forward after cutting the reflector, to make space for the larger diameter of the shrouds. The out of the box screw mounts wont work as they place the unit far back.
Should have been easier if you had selected a regular shroud design.

----
Personally, i think a bi xenon can outperform most led projectors at this point. Maybe once the led projector market evolves a bit, they might be comparable or even better than xenons.
As each have their own pros and cons, the choice is really upto to the customer.

Last edited by Myth_sx : 9th April 2019 at 13:37.
Old 9th April 2019, 14:53   #11444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth_sx View Post
Congrats on the setup !!
I love these panamera shrouds, especially the switchbacks. Waiting for more pics.

Can you post a break up of the components? 14k seems a bit steep considering the unit itself is like 8k i believe while shrouds for 2.5-3k(if switchbacks).

Your problem was the larger panamera shrouds. The projector has to be mounted forward after cutting the reflector, to make space for the larger diameter of the shrouds. The out of the box screw mounts wont work as they place the unit far back.
Should have been easier if you had selected a regular shroud design.

----
Personally, i think a bi xenon can outperform most led projectors at this point. Maybe once the led projector market evolves a bit, they might be comparable or even better than xenons.
As each have their own pros and cons, the choice is really upto to the customer.
The breakup is as follows:
1. iLens 2.0/PJX Led projector: Approx 10k + 2345 custom duty on bill value 40$. There are not for 8k anywhere i believe.
2. Shrouds: 2000 approx(non switchback).
3. Misc connenctors:.5k

So actually it costed me 15k

Yes one can accommodate the shrouds by cutting reflector and using the screw mounting method but i do not have the cutting tools for that.

Agree, led will soon outperform xenon though. There's this retrofit projector available for like 20k that has a laser module too.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 17:45   #11445
BHPian

Quote:
1. iLens 2.0/PJX Led projector: Approx 10k + 2345 custom duty on bill value 40$. There are not for 8k anywhere i believe.
That custom duty just sucks. Could have invoiced the item at a lower value.

I am not sure if this is the same item or not.
CNLight ilens on Aliexpress

Quote:
So actually it costed me 15k
15k is still reasonable for the components used.
No sealant was required to seal the headlight unit back?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks