Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2020, 13:35   #11866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Ok, will check on Phillips (of course my preference is Philips only). The one shown in my last post was from GE (General Electric) and some review says better than Phillips.

I have Tata Tigor and not Tata Tiago
Oh, my bad. I must have mis-read the name. GE is better "on-paper". I have used GE / Philips / Osram so far across many vehicles.

Out of all these; Philips seem to be the best. And the bulbs I have mentioned are the latest version with 2x the life of other brand of bulbs.

So, its a win-win.

Be sure to upgrade both low and high beam bulbs in your Tigor. It will give best lighting improvement.

Cheers & Drive Safe
Surya-TJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 15:16   #11867
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surya-TJet View Post

Be sure to upgrade both low and high beam bulbs in your Tigor. It will give best lighting improvement.

Cheers & Drive Safe
Whether Tata Tigor headlight assembly come with Single bulb two filaments for low and high beams or separate bulbs for for both beams?

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-images.jpg

The above image shows as two separate bulbs? The accessory guy also confused as he has not upgraded any Tigor headlight bulbs so far!
Old 5th September 2020, 15:24   #11868
BHPian

Quote:
Whether Tata Tigor headlight assembly come with Single bulb two filaments for low and high beams or separate bulbs for for both beams?
Hi, Tigor comes with separate bulbs for low and high beams.

Low beams use H11 type bulbs
High beams use H1 type bulbs

If the car accessories guy doesn't know about it; pls search and visit another car accessories store in your city.

Go for Philips Xtreme Vision G-Force bulbs. They are currently superior than other items in the market. You can even order them on amazon and fit them yourself or get it fixed by a known FNG.

Cheers & Safe Driving
Surya-TJet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 15:42   #11869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If the car accessories guy doesn't know about it; pls search and visit another car accessories store in your city.

Go for Philips Xtreme Vision G-Force bulbs. They are currently superior than other items in the market. You can even order them on amazon and fit them yourself or get it fixed by a known FNG.

Cheers & Safe Driving
Thanks for your quick reply.

I have to use this particular shop to fit the Blaupunkt front camera (he is the only one Blaupunkt authorised dealer in this area/district). So, prefer to do other works also with him (am convincing him to buy back my existing mirror Dashcam because he is also the dealer for that particular Dashcam company).

Anyway, I have forwarded the details and told him to check with Philips distributor and get the bulbs.

Thanks
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 19:04   #11870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers & Safe Driving
The accessory shop guy not able to locate H1 & H11 Philips bulbs (says his local distributors have only H4 bulbs in stock) so far and because of this my front camera fixing also got delayed.

Amazon has it, but I am not sure which seller supply genuine Philips products?
Old 8th September 2020, 22:19   #11871
BHPian

Quote:
The accessory shop guy not able to locate H1 & H11 Philips bulbs (says his local distributors have only H4 bulbs in stock) so far and because of this my front camera fixing also got delayed.

Amazon has it, but I am not sure which seller supply genuine Philips products?
Since you are in Kannur; have identifed a dealer for philips automotive lighting products. The details are below. You can contact them for getting original pair of bulbs.

NIBCO PVT LTD
H No. V/6C, EAST NADAKKAVU,
VALAPPIL BUILDING,
CALICUT - 673006
Ph - 9539076676

You can search for distributors / dealers in other cities across India using this link below as well:

https://www.philips.co.in/c-m-au/car.../store-locator

P.S - I purchased my Philips Xtreme Vision G-Force bulbs (H4) from Amazon. Working fine since last 8 months. No issues faced.

If the Philips dealer in Kozhikode is unable to help you; then you can definitely try here.

Hope this helps.

Cheers & Safe Driving
Old 8th September 2020, 23:30   #11872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since you are in Kannur; have identifed a dealer for philips automotive lighting products. The details are below. You can contact them for getting original pair of bulbs.

NIBCO PVT LTD
H No. V/6C, EAST NADAKKAVU,
VALAPPIL BUILDING,
CALICUT - 673006
Ph - 9539076676

Cheers & Safe Driving
Thanks yours.

Actually, am not from Kannur. I live near Payyanur, about 40kms towards north of Kannur. Calicut is another 100kms from Kannur.

The accessory shop to whom I am in contact trying with his distributor (may be the same shop in Calicut) and if not successful then I will better buy from Amazon..
Old 9th September 2020, 18:27   #11873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers & Safe Driving
Since local guys unable source Philips H1 & H11 bulbs, I have placed orders for both sets of bulbs with amazon. Only the seller (Roshan sales) has got both these sets of bulbs and the prices are Rs.1299/- for H1, and Rs.1749/- for H11 (looks like Low beams bulb i.e H11 is expensive than high beam bulbs - Is this normal?)
Old 9th September 2020, 18:34   #11874
BHPian

Quote:
Since local guys unable source Philips H1 & H11 bulbs, I have placed orders for both sets of bulbs with amazon. Only the seller (Roshan sales) has got both these sets of bulbs and the prices are Rs.1299/- for H1, and Rs.1749/- for H11 (looks like Low beams bulb i.e H11 is expensive than high beam bulbs - Is this normal?)
This is perfectly normal as the H11 bulb is bigger in size and contains more gas and has more filament material comoared to H1 bulb.

Be sure to check condition of both packages and check for philips original hologram. You can verify product authenticity in phlips website or customer care.

Open the packaging and fix the bulbs ONLY after this is complete.

Also, follow the headlamp aiming and alignment procedure below and adjust your beam pattern for further improvement in lighting after the bulb change; you can get the headlamp alignment adjusted at a good FNG where they know what they are doing.

First cut work - stick a colour masking tape along the length of the wall (for around 3mts) at a height of 1m from the ground.

For low beam - Park straight ahead at a distance of 25m away from a wall and check your low beam cut-off line's height from the ground. It should be around 1m. With this height setting; you should be able to see the road for almost 100-125m in low beam. And high beams will be brilliant as well.

For high beam - Park the car as close as possible to the wall keeping it straight (in the centre of that portion where tape is pasted. Now, mark the center point of each headlamp on the wall and make it intersect with the already pasted tape. Now keep the car dead straight 10m away from the wall and turn on high beam. Cover 1 headlamp with a piece of opaque cloth. Now, adjust the headlamp beam to move it sideways and bring the center of your high beam hot spot (it will be concentrated since it is a high beam) to that point where tape is pasted. Do the same for the other side as well.

Now, your headlight will give fantastic throw in both low and high beam with proper spread and focus.

Hope this helps.

Cheers & Safe Driving
Surya-TJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 19:37   #11875
BHPian

Hi does anyone know a good FNG or electrician in Mumbai (pref in the Andheri W) area to install a set off roof lights I just got for my Tata Nexon (which has woeful headlights (that also need replacement) but also for short getaways where highway lights are non-existent.

this light comes with 4 55W bulbs and a wiring (with relay and switch included).
I want a clean install without drilling or splicing wires.

I am a newbie on the electrical installs so any pointers would be helpful.

Also, this comes with 3M tape to be fixed which is not rebust..any suggestions if i should fix it with epoxy? though that may ruin the original paint below if i ever remove this.

Attached is a pic.. hope you guys like it. kind of inspired by the recent Offroad nexon render. I am still hunting for a front guard which could make a bit more macho, something for the headlights (a smoke wrap on the top perhaps), and I did find fender flares (still figuring out how to stick them without drilling, similar to the ones on the gypsies and Thar's).
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-image0.jpeg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-2020tatanexonoffroadrender4.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-nexonoffroaderw.jpg  

Old 9th September 2020, 20:09   #11876
BHPian

Hello all! I'm looking to upgrade the stock headlight bulbs of my 3+ years old Ciaz. I recently did a Chennai to Bhubaneswar trip and really struggled during night driving. I found both low and high beams very ineffective. Can somebody please provide recommendations/suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Old 9th September 2020, 20:09   #11877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is perfectly normal as the H11 bulb is bigger in size and contains more gas and has more filament material comoared to H1 bulb.

Be sure to check condition of both packages and check for philips original hologram. You can verify product authenticity in phlips website or customer care.

Open the packaging and fix the bulbs ONLY after this is complete.

Also, follow the headlamp aiming and alignment procedure below and adjust your beam pattern for further improvement in lighting after the bulb change; you can get the headlamp alignment adjusted at a good FNG where they know what they are doing.

First cut work - stick a colour masking tape along the length of the wall (for around 3mts) at a height of 1m from the ground.

For low beam - Park straight ahead at a distance of 25m away from a wall and check your low beam cut-off line's height from the ground. It should be around 1m. With this height setting; you should be able to see the road for almost 100-125m in low beam. And high beams will be brilliant as well.

For high beam - Park the car as close as possible to the wall keeping it straight (in the centre of that portion where tape is pasted. Now, mark the center point of each headlamp on the wall and make it intersect with the already pasted tape. Now keep the car dead straight 10m away from the wall and turn on high beam. Cover 1 headlamp with a piece of opaque cloth. Now, adjust the headlamp beam to move it sideways and bring the center of your high beam hot spot (it will be concentrated since it is a high beam) to that point where tape is pasted. Do the same for the other side as well.

Now, your headlight will give fantastic throw in both low and high beam with proper spread and focus.

Hope this helps.

Cheers & Safe Driving
Thanks very much for your quick reply.

Regarding the headlight alignment, I have a small clarification- There is already a headlight level adjustment switch (numbers 0 to 3) provided on the Headlight control lever (multifunction switch). Rotating these numbers will see the light level goes up and down.

Do you think the light level adjustment using the control lever will do the job or should I have to follow the way you explained?
Old 9th September 2020, 21:08   #11878
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks very much for your quick reply.

Regarding the headlight alignment, I have a small clarification- There is already a headlight level adjustment switch (numbers 0 to 3) provided on the Headlight control lever (multifunction switch). Rotating these numbers will see the light level goes up and down.

Do you think the light level adjustment using the control lever will do the job or should I have to follow the way you explained?
I am talking about the overall change in aim & focus. Not just the leveller. Doing this adjustment while keeping leveller in Position ZERO will give best results.

Alternatively; if you are satisfied with the stock throw; then better not disturb it.

Cheers & Safe Driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish69 View Post
Hi does anyone know a good FNG or electrician in Mumbai (pref in the Andheri W) area to install a set off roof lights I just got for my Tata Nexon (which has woeful headlights (that also need replacement) but also for short getaways where highway lights are non-existent.

Attached is a pic.. hope you guys like it. kind of inspired by the recent Offroad nexon render. I am still hunting for a front guard which could make a bit more macho, something for the headlights (a smoke wrap on the top perhaps), and I did find fender flares (still figuring out how to stick them without drilling, similar to the ones on the gypsies and Thar's).
Avoid fixing such roof mounted stuff. You can't fix it safely without a drilled fitment or welded fitment.

And, cops will stop you and fine you.

For best lighting improvement; go for 3" bixenon fog projector with 55w HID kit for best lighting.

Hope this helps.

Cheers & Safe Driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjot1912 View Post
Hello all! I'm looking to upgrade the stock headlight bulbs of my 3+ years old Ciaz. I recently did a Chennai to Bhubaneswar trip and really struggled during night driving. I found both low and high beams very ineffective. Can somebody please provide recommendations/suggestions? Thanks in advance!
You can get good headlight modifications and projector fog lights with HID kit at many installers in chennai.

DM me if you want further details.

Cheers & Safe Driving

Last edited by Aditya : 10th September 2020 at 04:47. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 9th September 2020, 21:59   #11879
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjot1912 View Post
You might want to take a look at the following two posts. DBHPian Parag has upgraded the bulbs on the stock Ciaz (and a Breeza) projectors to HIDs and the results have been very good.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4630265 (Maruti Ciaz : Official Review)

Here are the steps for DIY where he upgraded the setup for a Breeza:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4709928 (Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here)
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 23:52   #11880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish69 View Post
Since you've already got the lights you might as well install them. But in general its better not to have lights at roof level for cars. They'll blind oncoming traffic. Mounting a mix of spot and flood lights on the bumper below grille level is much more effective.

For purely off road use, flood lights at roof level are OK though.
digitalnirvana is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks