Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2021, 07:45   #12061
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MithunSathianat View Post
Hi Experts,

I have purchased 3 inch universal Fog Lamp projector from FE Retrofit for my new Thar.
But the stock fog lamp is 19 Watts and HID kit is 55 Watts.
Does anyone know if the stock fog lamp wiring can handle 55 Watts as stock head light wiring can handle 55/60 Watts?

I know the ideal way is to install a single beam relay. But its difficult to source.

I am installing it myself and will write my DIY experiences as a separate post.
I am in the same situation, hoping anyone could enlighten me.
Old 10th May 2021, 10:04   #12062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpython9 View Post
I am in the same situation, hoping anyone could enlighten me.
I have installed the same without a relay.
Thar has a relay which can handle till 120W is what I understood. You may read more here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...r-2nd-gen.html (DIY: FE Retrofit projector foglamps on my Mahindra Thar (2nd-gen))l
MithunSathianat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2021, 14:48   #12063

Hi! Am expecting the delivery of my Nexon EV as soon as this lockdown ends. Can't wait!!

Have heard stories of bad lighting on the Nexon. Had bad headlamps on my VW Ameo. So want to upgrade the lights from the word go. Am looking for good bright light. Am not a fan of the white light on most cars today - maybe I'm just old fashioned.

Would like the advice of this community on what would be the right thing to do. The bulbs on the Nexon are the H7 type with dual barrel lamps. So projectors for low beam and standard reflector for high beams.

Have been contemplating on buying the Osram Night Breakers or the Philips Diamond Vision. But they too seem to be white light bulbs.
Old 10th June 2021, 16:04   #12064
BHPian

Hi Guys

Anyone got a good source for Osram H11 Fog breakers. Looking for a set for my Avventura fogs,

https://www.amazon.in/Osram-Breaker-.../dp/B01DLOBK2I

Tried Osram and they were not able to help out with my request.
Old 13th June 2021, 15:59   #12065
BANNED

Question - For Aux lights that have a high and low beam setting do I need a SPDT or DPDT Switch? Both will have an On-Off-On setting but the DPDT controls two different circuits and has 6 connector pins. Can a SPDT switch be wired correctly to use High and Low beam on the same circuit?
Old 18th June 2021, 00:49   #12066
BHPian

I wanted to upgrade my halogens to 100/90W. But Tiago 2021 XZ+ comes with H19 halogens. Does anyone know where can I buy H19 100/90W halogens?
Old 18th June 2021, 02:24   #12067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toroid View Post
I wanted to upgrade my halogens to 100/90W. But Tiago 2021 XZ+ comes with H19 halogens. Does anyone know where can I buy H19 100/90W halogens?
Tiago comes with a dual barrel headlamp with a pair of projectors for low beam if I'm not wrong. You can get a 55W HID kit (for low beam) which will improve the illumination to a great extent. And for the foglamps, please stick to stock as the housing is made of plastic and cant take any higher wattage bulb (will melt the housing due to excess heat).

Last edited by GTO : 9th August 2021 at 08:41. Reason: Poorly Typed Posts
Old 18th June 2021, 02:48   #12068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun560061 View Post
Tiago comes with a dual barrel headlamp with a pair of projectors for low beam if I'm not wrong. You can get a 55W HID kit (for low beam) which will improve the illumination to a great extent. And for the foglamps, please stick to stock as the housing is made of plastic and cant take any higher wattage bulb (will melt the housing due to excess heat).
I think that is pre-facelift. Tiago 2021 comes with standard reflector headlamps with H19 halogens.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20210618_0041512.jpg

One question though,

The owner's manual mentions two headlight configurations,

Option 1: H19 for high beam + low beam
Option 2: H7 for high and H11 for low

Can someone shed light on how a H19 bulb be replaced by H7 and H11 bulbs?

Last edited by GTO : 9th August 2021 at 08:42. Reason: Quoted post edited
toroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 17:23   #12069
BHPian

Thought I asked in another thread (and got no answer ), it should be apt to ask the same question here.

Anyone who recently got the fog projector kit from Blaze India?

Is IPH still the leading/recommended brand for the 3" projectors and which HID kit is recommended?

A few options that I got from them are as below:

IPH foglamps with IPH bulbs and GS EB-5 ballast - 6900
IPH foglamps with GS Xenon Kit (non-Canbus) - 8300
AES Premium Projector fog kit with UPS / GS kit - 9200

They said GS is made by AES.

Is Crystal Eye a good HID option (which they don't have)? Quoted 8k from another dealer.

Please help in selecting and are these all good deals?
ankitahuja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 01:35   #12070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Thought I asked in another thread (and got no answer ), it should be apt to ask the same question here.

Anyone who recently got the fog projector kit from Blaze India?

Is IPH still the leading/recommended brand for the 3" projectors and which HID kit is recommended?

A few options that I got from them are as below:

IPH foglamps with IPH bulbs and GS EB-5 ballast - 6900
IPH foglamps with GS Xenon Kit (non-Canbus) - 8300
AES Premium Projector fog kit with UPS / GS kit - 9200

They said GS is made by AES.

Is Crystal Eye a good HID option (which they don't have)? Quoted 8k from another dealer.

Please help in selecting and are these all good deals?
Hi ankitahuja,

I had purchased the 3 inch IPH foglamps GS Xenon Kit (non-Canbus) for Rs. 8000 approximately. This was about 7 months ago. They have been fitted on my Honda BR-V and I am quite happy with the performance.

It was a pleasure dealing with Blaze India who took the time to give me a lot of helpful advice before I bought the set. Once I made the payment, the lights were couriered to me within 48 hours. No issues whatsoever.

Probably the best lights I have ever fitted on any of my cars.

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 17:12   #12071
BHPian

A dealer in Delhi has quoted below price for HID fog lamps. (Prices are inclusive of IPH 3" projector fog lamps)
1: GS HID kit : 6500
2: Crystal eye HID kit: 7000
3: IPH HID kit: 7500.

I'm confused because Blaze India charges more for GS as compared to IPH. Am I missing something? Are these the same kits?

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-screenshot_20210620170313004.jpg
toroid is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 11:01   #12072
BHPian

The OEM Headlights on my Verna 4S has conked off. It is the OEM projector headlights provided by Hyundai in the 4th gen Verna.

I'm looking to do a simple swap, no HID, LED etc. considering I might not keep this as my primary car for much longer. Also I have bad experience with bulb upgrades previously.

The headlight bulb description as per User Manual mentions Bulb type - 9005L , Wattage - 60.

I'm not able to decipher this ; whether this 9005 is same as HB3, HB7 or whatnot. The only 9005L option I see online is Sylvania.

Can someone please tell me what is a suitable bulb that I can procure from Amazon.
autotranny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 16:10   #12073
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
The OEM Headlights on my Verna 4S has conked off. It is the OEM projector headlights provided by Hyundai in the 4th gen Verna.

I'm looking to do a simple swap, no HID, LED etc. considering I might not keep this as my primary car for much longer. Also I have bad experience with bulb upgrades previously.

The headlight bulb description as per User Manual mentions Bulb type - 9005L , Wattage - 60.

I'm not able to decipher this ; whether this 9005 is same as HB3, HB7 or whatnot. The only 9005L option I see online is Sylvania.

Can someone please tell me what is a suitable bulb that I can procure from Amazon.
You just need simple 9005/HB3 bulbs. They will fit fine. The 9005L stands for long life and is a lower wattage bulb than the normal 65W bulb for HB3.

If you want good Halogens go for this:
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B089DMP4V7/...P0ENMNDGDHBJK2

If you want LEDs you can go for this:
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08L91VQY6/...3RN4F16KVQ2441
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 14:12   #12074
BHPian

Hi all,

I am planning to upgrade my lighting for Honda City 2020 VX.
I tried visiting stores in south Delhi and many of them are pushing towards Taiwan brands, but are also offering Osram and Philips too.

I am trying to stay away from these Taiwan or Philippines etc brands and wish to go for a reliable setup.
Avoiding hid's for low beam projector because honda has not given an option to switch off the auto mode. i.e the headlight can be turned off only when the handbrake is on else it will always be in auto mode.This may lead to frequent on/off while going through underpass etc. which may reduce the ballast life.

I browsed through Osram India's website and was able to narrow it down to these products.
Low beam(H7) (projector): Osram Night Breaker LED H7
High Beam (Hb3/Hb4) (reflector): Osram HB4 LED
Fog lamps (H8): Osram H8 LED

Now the issue is these products are not readily available.
I am trying to reach out to dealers and ask if they can get me this. But chances are slim.

I am looking for suggestions on these as well as alternatives.

Thanks In Advance
Old 26th June 2021, 15:10   #12075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toroid View Post
A dealer in Delhi has quoted below price for HID fog lamps. (Prices are inclusive of IPH 3" projector fog lamps)
1: GS HID kit : 6500
2: Crystal eye HID kit: 7000
3: IPH HID kit: 7500.

I'm confused because Blaze India charges more for GS as compared to IPH. Am I missing something? Are these the same kits?

Attachment 2169073
There are fake iph fog lamps in the market as well so watch out for those. Who's the dealer? Im getting iph + crystal eye for 8000 from dj's.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks