Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2021, 10:14   #7921
BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Watched 2Guns starring Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg on Netflix. It's a good movie, 4/5*. It's a 2013 movie. If you're a fan of either of them, must watch it.

Suggest Safe House as well if you Denzel fan.
Underrated and not sure if its on the OTT platforms. But worth a watch.
Asif 6959 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 10:38   #7922
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Safe House - A Denzel Washington treat. (Netflix)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif 6959 View Post
Suggest Safe House as well if you Denzel fan.
I did watch it some time back. A good movie.
Old 15th February 2021, 12:36   #7923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did watch it some time back. A good movie.
After watching 2 Guns, this has become so-so to me

Haven't watched much movies this year or they don't impress me much, not sure which one, but here're some of the good ones I watched...

Passengers
Spy Games
Although GTO posted this highly recommended one in 2018, I did get a chance to watch it only in recent times
Eye in the Sky
And very rarely I watch comedy ones - Find me Guilty
Spoiler alert - If any of you love Vin Diesel for his action movies as Xander & Dominic, please don't watch this, you're going to see a completely different (bio) Diesel

After Spliting & watching the sequels starting with Unbreakable & Glass, I've now completed the series from Mr. Night Shyamalan

Last edited by aargee : 15th February 2021 at 12:38.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 21:47   #7924
BHPian

Uncut Gems directed by Safdie brothers is a great watch. Adam Sandler has played the protagonist and has done a brilliant job! The movie is a crime thriller about a jeweller who is a habitual gambler. Highly recommend
slayer23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 10:07   #7925
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched "Tenet" on Google play movies - regular rental price for the 4K version is 150 Rs which allows you to watch for 48 hours. I got a promo offer in Google play and got it for Rs 70 only. After watching it I am like "where did I throw those 70 bucks!". Honestly the movie is not worth even 70 Rupees to watch.
My rating is 1/5

It is a highly confusing and lack lustre movie. The actors are extremely emotionless and disconnected - including our own Dimple Kapadia and there is absolutely no excitement in the movie. It just feels as a movie version of some video game with mindless action and graphics. The funny thing is the way that the Graphics also goes backwards and it is even more confusing to watch.
A big disappointment and honestly I did not expect a Chris Nolan movie to be this bad!
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 10:50   #7926
Distinguished - BHPian

The Legend of Bagger Vance (2000)

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-thelegendofbaggervanceposterart.jpg

Synopsis - Captain Rannulph Junuh meets a mysterious caddie who teaches him the art of mastering the perfect golf swing and finding meaning in one's existence.

Pretty good movie with a good line-up of actors. Nothing fancy about the movie, it's just pure acting and simplicity.

Rating - 4.5/5
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 23:17   #7927
Team-BHP Support

Why has Unhinged got bad reviews?

I just caught up with it and quite honestly, liked it. My heart was pounding pretty badly all the time and I loved the way Russel Crowe acted in the movie as the enraged psycho guy who you do not want to piss off! The guy relentlessly pursues the victims in a fit of rage.

The movie is on Prime Video and has a runtime of less than 90 minutes. I watched it because it had Russel Crowe and it didn’t disappoint.

Road rage can be pretty bad if the situation goes out of control. Reminds me of the incident where the Land Rover dude drove over some bikers in the US and things turned messy for the family.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 23:27   #7928
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Why has Unhinged got bad reviews?

I just caught up with it and quite honestly, liked it. My heart was pounding pretty badly all the time and I loved the way Russel Crowe acted in the movie as the enraged psycho guy who you do not want to piss off! The guy relentlessly pursues the victims in a fit of rage.

The movie is on Prime Video and has a runtime of less than 90 minutes. I watched it because it had Russel Crowe and it didn’t disappoint.

Road rage can be pretty bad if the situation goes out of control. Reminds me of the incident where the Land Rover dude drove over some bikers in the US and things turned messy for the family.
+1

I watched it for Russell Crowe and liked it. Good part is it was a short movie with good acting. Bad part is it was a short movie and could have been few minutes longer to explain the story better. It felt a bit too fast.

Unhinged: 3.5/5

Last edited by ashis89 : 23rd February 2021 at 23:29.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 23:30   #7929
Distinguished - BHPian

One Night in Miami- Playing on Amazon Prime is one nice movie. Based on the civil rights movement back in America and involving the sports icon like Muhammad Ali, the fictional account is an interesting watch.

Recommended for the story alone.

Find me Guilty- Playing on Amazon Prime again and is a good watch, saw the picture for Vin Diesel. The movie is an old one and a young Diesel is fun to watch before his Furious franchise.

The story of a gangstar who was involved in the longest criminal trial in the American history.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 00:04   #7930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Watched "Tenet" on Google play movies
It just feels as a movie version of some video game with mindless action and graphics. The funny thing is the way that the Graphics also goes backwards and it is even more confusing to watch.
The thing with this movie is that one needs to have a Ph.D. in physics at the minimum to understand what is happening ! I did enjoy the massive set pieces though. I feel like his previous works such as Inception and Interstellar, one might need to watch it over and over again to get a grasp on the plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Find me Guilty- Playing on Amazon Prime again and is a good watch, saw the picture for Vin Diesel. The movie is an old one and a young Diesel is fun to watch before his Furious franchise.
I think it is the only movie in which he sports hair on his head !

Saw these 2 movies recently, though they are not that new. Both are in the genre of mystery thriller with a whodunnit approach. If you have not seen it, do catch it. It wont be a waste of time.

TrackDay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 00:15   #7931
BHPian

Hereditary on Amazon Prime. A movie without the trappings of the usual horror movies. However, felt the ending could have been better. Would rate it 3.5/5.
Old 24th February 2021, 00:22   #7932
Senior - BHPian

Defending Jacob on Apple TV+, very intriguing and different. Definitely worth a viewing, it’s an 8 part series. Chris Evans is in the leading role, 4.5/5.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 09:09   #7933
BHPian

I saw I Care a Lot (2020) on Netflix. It is a dark comedy thriller movie starring Rosamund Pike, Peter Dinklage, Dianne Wiest amongst others. The movie follows Marla Grayson (Pike) who cons elders by acting as their legal guardian and profits by selling their assets. Trouble ensues when one seemingly unattached elderly woman is not what she seems to be.

Rosamund Pike is in great form in this one, and has been nominated for Golden Globe for this role. Those of you who loved her in Gone Girl will like her in this role as well. I must say Netflix is producing some great content these days; a must watch from me.

My rating: 4/5
pnredkar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 15:33   #7934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Defending Jacob on Apple TV+, very intriguing and different. Definitely worth a viewing, it’s an 8 part series. Chris Evans is in the leading role, 4.5/5.

Cheers
Yeah Defending Jacop gets my vote too. Well acted and unless you have read the books it's a good mystery which keeps you hooked.
Mountainman21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 18:35   #7935
Distinguished - BHPian

Nomadland: 4.5 / 5

There are movies and then there are documentaries. But the best of the lot is when a documentary is made in a movie style mode and the characters literally call out to you. Those are the movies that move you, even if you don't really completely comprehend the reality of the situation being depicted in front of you.

Homeless people living in their cars is not a new phenomenon in the US - heck we have this thread discussing the same recently. But then there is a 'class' of people - a lot of them being aged folks who have nothing to lose or nothing else to do opting to live as a nomad out of their vehicles. This is the story of one of them - the absolutely delightful Frances McDormand plays the role of a widow who recently lost her husband and thrown entirely of her normal life and now exploring the lifestyle of a nomad living on the road, with its own pros and cons.

A wonderful decently paced movie that shows some beautiful locales of the states but focusing on the huge amount of pitfalls in this lifestyle while allowing the viewer to discover the bonding that a nomad finds on the road; just as Frances does through the entire movie.

What a wonderful movie. No wonder it's swept the Golden Globes and is expected to sweep away the Oscars too!

ninjatalli is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks