Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2019, 01:10   #916
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 574
Thanked: 627 Times
Default Re: The Fuel Additives Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
I have been using the STP Super Concentrated Fuel Injector Cleaner on my 30k kms old Toyota Etios Liva diesel for over a month now.
isn't this product for petrol cars ?
pcpranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2019, 02:52   #917
BHPian
 
coolmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 418
Thanked: 139 Times
Default Re: The Fuel Additives Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
isn't this product for petrol cars ?
It is for both actually. Confirmed the same with the distributors. In fact they only suggested I use this over the standard blue Diesel Fuel cleaner bottle. I am waiting for the 5 in 1 Diesel fuel system cleaner to hit our shores soon.
coolmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2019, 21:09   #918
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 20
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
It is for both actually. Confirmed the same with the distributors. In fact they only suggested I use this over the standard blue Diesel Fuel cleaner bottle. I am waiting for the 5 in 1 Diesel fuel system cleaner to hit our shores soon.
Aww I just ordered the blue one thinking the concentrated one is only for petrol. Will order the concentrated one the next time.
mufazzal123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2019, 21:16   #919
BHPian
 
coolmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 418
Thanked: 139 Times
Default Re: The Fuel Additives Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufazzal123 View Post
Aww I just ordered the blue one thinking the concentrated one is only for petrol. Will order the concentrated one the next time.
Blue one is also good, super concentrated is a little better. Let me know if you need anything.
coolmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2019, 21:31   #920
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 20
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: The Fuel Additives Thread

I bought the blue one for 357/- from Amazon, is there a better place to procure it from in Pune.
mufazzal123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2019, 22:40   #921
BHPian
 
DRIVE_ADDICT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 428
Thanked: 198 Times
Default Re: The Fuel Additives Thread

Im getting Abro di diesel injector cleaner 354 ml bottle orderred thru Amazon. I see few people says to pour entire bottle on tank full which is ~45 ltr in my case (Figo tdci). Some says to use 1ml per litre. Im confused, whats the recommended ratio.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2019, 23:33   #922
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 69
Thanked: 71 Times
Default Re: The Fuel Additives Thread

Is it true that the only difference between premium and regular fuel is that premium has these additives added to it? So you dont really need to buy the fuel additives, just buy premium fuel?
kotirajendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2019, 21:55   #923
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 20
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Im getting Abro di diesel injector cleaner 354 ml bottle orderred thru Amazon. I see few people says to pour entire bottle on tank full which is ~45 ltr in my case (Figo tdci). Some says to use 1ml per litre. Im confused, whats the recommended ratio.
The Stp bottle I purchased states to pour the complete bottle in 10gallons of diesel. So approx 38litres. STP bottle was 236ml. I did my tank full yesterday (approx 41l) and poured the whole bottle in. Now lets see how the engine reacts.
mufazzal123 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2019, 11:06   #924
Senior - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 7,543
Thanked: 4,113 Times
Default Re: The Fuel Additives Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufazzal123 View Post
The Stp bottle I purchased states to pour the complete bottle in 10gallons of diesel. So approx 38litres. STP bottle was 236ml. I did my tank full yesterday (approx 41l) and poured the whole bottle in. Now lets see how the engine reacts.
I think 38l or 41 litres is about the same. Please report the results.

STP is a very old established brand so expect good results. Also, if this is your first additive you may even get very dramatic results.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2019, 11:45   #925
Senior - BHPian
 
aravind.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,622
Thanked: 2,520 Times
Default Re: The Fuel Additives Thread

I got the Liqui Molly petrol injector cleaner and added almost 80% of the bottle to the fuel tank of my 45k km driven Fiesta and then filled it up. Used the remaining 20% for my 37k km old Honda CBR250R and filled her up too. I was expecting some improvement, but actually felt nothing on neither of the vehicles.

Is this the same product when you guys say fuel additives? Or have I got something wrong?
aravind.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2019, 12:00   #926
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,682
Thanked: 2,078 Times
Default Re: The Fuel Additives Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I got the Liqui Molly petrol injector cleaner and added almost 80% of the bottle to the fuel tank of my 45k km driven Fiesta and then filled it up. Used the remaining 20% for my 37k km old Honda CBR250R and filled her up too. I was expecting some improvement, but actually felt nothing on neither of the vehicles.

Is this the same product when you guys say fuel additives? Or have I got something wrong?
I was using Liquimoly myself and was cautioned against it:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...ml#post4547878 (Tesseract: Going further with the Kawasaki Versys 650. EDIT: 50,000 km completed)

As I was doing more research:

Injector cleaners vs fuel system cleaners

Quote:
A fuel "system" cleaner also has chemicals in it to remove water from your gas tank. A fuel "injector cleaner" has solvents in it to clean your injectors, including varnish. A fuel injector "detergent" has "detergents" in it that clean your injectors.
Does anyone know of any fuel system cleaners that is purely petroleum based? Something like Lucas?

I don't want varnish in my fuel system.
Red Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2019, 18:32   #927
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 20
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Please report the results.

STP is a very old established brand so expect good results. Also, if this is your first additive you may even get very dramatic results.
Have driven almost 200km after adding the additive. Can see a noticeable change in the engine Rev up. Still showing the same average of 22, but then I am very happy with that. Will report more as driving to Mumbai tomorrow.
mufazzal123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2019, 19:49   #928
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: The Fuel Additives Thread

I tried the Liqui Molly Super Diesel in my Fluidic Verna and right now in my second tankfull. Find a marginal improvement in the engine smoothness but observe a strong drop in my instantaneous FE by 2-3 kmpl. Does any one have a similar experience ? Have been tanking up in my usual Reliance bunk only..
anand253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2019, 21:56   #929
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 20
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Ok, so drove almost 400kms yesterday, here are my observations:
The average has improved. Got an overall average of 23.5 that too with spending 1hr in standstill traffic on the Mumbai pune expressway.
In the same traffic could sense a good improvement in the car performance, the engine wasnt struggling with full load 3 occupants and almost 80kg of luggage.
Verdict being, the stp additive is certainly doing its job and that too in a very good way. Hope the next tank full will add to this experience.
mufazzal123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
STANADYNE Diesel Fuel Additives dadu Technical Stuff 62 20th December 2018 22:43
A Comparison of (Fuel/Oil/Engine) Additives ibm_jennifer Technical Stuff 152 20th October 2016 18:03
Fuel additives and octane boosters....do they really work? Shan2nu Technical Stuff 25 5th September 2015 08:09
Fuel with additives ? Are they good for NEW cars ?? Venkatr Shifting gears 6 23rd February 2009 14:30
Fuel Additives nosfreak Motorbikes 1 14th November 2007 07:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:07.

Copyright 2000 - 2019, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks