Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2016, 17:16   #9661
BHPian

@rki2007 - Please go through the last 3 pages. That should give some idea about upgrading lights,different setups or combinations ,issues with warranty & problems encountered. Cheers.
Old 27th February 2016, 23:08   #9662
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
I have decided to go ahead with high power headlights with the wiring set up. My car is 1 year old and I don't think there is any electrical warranty now. Even if exists, I am not bothered for the same.

1. The base wiring kit in the car remains the same however a part of the wiring is changed to facilitate the 90/100 bulb power.
3. There would be a ceramic holder placed to hold the bulbs.
4. There is no water leak in or vacuum formation if this set up is done in Rapid is what they say.
5. Since these bulbs are high powered ones, a break of 20 mins- 30 mins is needed every 4 hours during night drives.

Now I am royally confused. Never thought that this small upgrade will be so complicated.

I am looking for the best light set up with no budget restrictions. Please help..
Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
@rki2007 - Please go through the last 3 pages. That should give some idea about upgrading lights,different setups or combinations ,issues with warranty & problems encountered. Cheers.
@rki2007, as printh has mentioned, there is a vast discussion on the previous pages, however, I would still pour out my views assuming that you have H4 stock setup.

1) The stock wiring will remain same if you are getting wiring kit. One of the stock socket powering the bulb will be plugged with another socket of new wiring kit. This basically provides signal to the new wiring kit. The other stock socket for bulb will be left open. Get it taped, you might need it later ( as was the case with me ).

3) Its part of wiring kit and required too for such higher rated bulbs.

4) This type of set up is done by many in various cars, ranging from Alto to even Innova. If done properly, there wont be any moisture, etc. concern.

5) Haven't heard of this before, and I think its not required too. However, I shall appreciate any correction on my statement.

After installation, get the alignment done if required. Having very powerful bulbs is one thing, but if the alignment and/or focusing is improper, there's no point in having the powerful bulbs. Infact, improper alignment and/or focusing will end up blinding oncoming traffic. It happened with me when I was on Philips Rally 90/100W H4.

You may wish to visit this thread too.
Apart from the above, there are threads on Team-BHP where in members have installed projector kits. Those threads provide a useful insight on such conversions.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 27th February 2016 at 23:16.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 01:24   #9663
Senior - BHPian

I drove to Goa for 10 hours in the night earlier this month and quite a bit with high beams and no break is required. That's rubbish.
Old 28th February 2016, 12:19   #9664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post

Just recently the problem is that when I use high beam for a long time it gets stuck on high beam .
Relay looks to be the suspect here. Change the harness and relay and your problem will be solved.
Old 29th February 2016, 00:00   #9665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
Okay, so I just talked to my dad, he confirms that the relay is infact a dual headlamp relay. Also, he also suspects a problem with the alternator as suspected by autoindian.

Will keep you guys posted about the developments.
Just wanted to update you guys about the problem. So it turns out that fuse had come loose!. 5 minute job to fix it and normal its working fine again.
Old 29th February 2016, 09:59   #9666
BHPian

@bhpns, I would like to know where I can fine genuine Philips Rally 100W HB3 bulbs In Bangalore ?
Old 1st March 2016, 12:45   #9667
BHPian

Have any body installed Hyluxtek K50 55w ballast?
Old 1st March 2016, 14:45   #9668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
@bhpns, I would like to know where I can fine genuine Philips Rally 100W HB3 bulbs In Bangalore ?
May be this would help:
http://www.epitstop.in/Car-Lighting/...id-504515.html
Old 1st March 2016, 15:17   #9669
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeru View Post
Have any body installed Hyluxtek K50 55w ballast?
I do have Hyalux 55W CANBUS ballasts in the fogs of my Civic. One failed within a few months, replaced and no sweat even since. I got my stuff from a chap who goes by the name Xenonpro on the other forum. He has probably stopped direct dealing.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 16:52   #9670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
One failed within a few months, replaced and no sweat even since.
Thankyou Sir. I'm getting it from Lumens Systems, Bangalore and he claim those are CAN bus enabled. I have few questions.

1. Does the VW Polo headlamps need CAN bus Ballast?
2. Does Hyluxtek K50 55w supports CAN bus?
3. I've read from one of your posts mentioning that Hyluxtex/Hylux are the good Chinese ballasts. Do you recommend this setup?
4. How about 55wFast bright ballasts?
Old 2nd March 2016, 01:50   #9671
BHPian

Hi everyone! I currently own a new Honda Jazz and find the headlight performance to be mediocre at best. I stumbled upon a couple of threads and thought HID's with projectors will be a good setup. Called up Morimoto's customer support who quoted 24k for the below setup:
  1. Morimoto Mini D2S projectors (square ones)
  2. Morimoto HID bulbs 4700k
  3. Morimoto ballast
  4. Additional 2500 bucks for installation
He shared the contact details of their authorized installer, Retro Rides in Delhi and I spoke to them briefly about the setup. What totally confused me was their answer when it comes to splicing wires. The guy from Morimoto claimed that its a complete plug and play setup whereas the installer confirmed that splicing of wires will be required and it will void warranty. Now, I am a noob when it comes to technical stuff and would need some inputs specially when the vehicle is just 4-5 months old and wouldn't want to void warranty. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Last edited by k.sumit : 2nd March 2016 at 01:55.
Old 2nd March 2016, 09:39   #9672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
The guy from Morimoto claimed that its a complete plug and play setup whereas the installer confirmed that splicing of wires will be required and it will void warranty.
The guy from Morimoto is right here, there is no necessity to splice wires to install a projector setup. It is just plug and play, the actual power source currently connecting to your bulb will be plugged to the outlet coming from the ballast, whereas the other end will be powering the HID bulb and couple of terminal connections. So no need to worry about void of warranty here.

Since you are going for the projector lens as well, only thing you will have to do is open up the headlamp front cover and install projector lens. So ideally there is nothing which will void your warranty.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 09:58   #9673
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeru View Post
1. Does the VW Polo headlamps need CAN bus Ballast?
2. Does Hyluxtek K50 55w supports CAN bus?
3. I've read from one of your posts mentioning that Hyluxtex/Hylux are the good Chinese ballasts. Do you recommend this setup?
4. How about 55wFast bright ballasts?
1. All modern cars have ECUs so having a CANBUS ballast will definitely not hurt. Canbus enabled menas that your ECU will not crib about it.
2. Whatever specs I found online made no mention of CANBUS, so I presume it is not. Also, many site were stating 'no longer available'. So possibly a discontinued or obsolescent item.
4. No idea.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 11:32   #9674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Hi Kams,
I have not used the Philips Xtreme, hence not able to share any info on that.

What kind of additional lighting are you looking for ?

On another note,
can you please give me the dust caps that are there there on the back of the head lamp ?
Condor,

I am looking for a more intensity bulbs of same color(i.e., standard yellow). When illuminated, they should be able to spread light to say 1-3 feet extra.

On the dust caps, I can share just one. Let me know.
Old 2nd March 2016, 12:13   #9675
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kams_cars View Post
I am looking for a more intensity bulbs of same color(i.e., standard yellow). When illuminated, they should be able to spread light to say 1-3 feet extra.
If the requirement is for a few more feet, then I assume that you want extra lighting for in-city drives -> Low beam. For this, just go for 35W HID set-up. We already have projectors, hence we just need to get the HID bulbs + ballast. No modifications will be needed / no cutting of wires.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks