Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2021, 11:54   #901
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolout View Post
Checked with SA, he responded that MT is discontinued and not IVT....said will provide some official confirmation tomorrow...will share if I get something that is worth sharing.
Have you received any inputs from your service advisor on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
The service centres do brake cleaning and calliper greasing during every service and charge a hefty amount for it. The Hyundai periodic maintenance chart doesn’t mention this at all. Is that even needed?
Based on my experience with Hyundai after-sales services, you should only stick to the Hyundai periodic maintenance chart/manual. Nothing more and nothing less. Unless you are travelling in an area where there is a lot of rainfall / or a muddy environment, brake cleaning and calliper greasing in every service should not be required. Stick to Hyundai manual for starting 50K kms and unless there is some part failing/accident/mishappening the routine mentioned in Hyundai manual is sufficient for proper vehicle maintenance.

I have burned my hands by spending close to Rs. 10-12K on every 10K service for my Elite i20 (2015 model) starting from the 1st 10K service. It was only after my third 10K service when I started saying no to all the additional services, my service bill came down to Rs. 6-7K.
Old 22nd July 2021, 12:35   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-BHP View Post
Stick to Hyundai manual for starting 50K kms
I’ve been sticking to it for my i10, elite i20. Other than the schedule the only extra thing that gets done is the brake cleaning and calliper greasing. The schedule only says clean at every 10k km (under severe driving conditions). But we don’t even know if this cleaning is part of the amount they take for the service because they always charge extra.
Old 22nd July 2021, 14:53   #903

Quote:
Have you received any inputs from your service advisor on this?
Apologies, This is what I received from the SA Creta_July 21.pdf

I have SX-IVT booked from Feb-21, so I confirmed with him multiple times about this...hoping to get my ride by next month (per SA commitment)
Old 22nd July 2021, 16:13   #904
Senior - BHPian

The doors of creta SXO with bose speakers vibrate and rattle mildly on high volume. Anyone experienced the same? Is damping of doors required?
Old 22nd July 2021, 19:19   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
The doors of creta SXO with bose speakers vibrate and rattle mildly on high volume. Anyone experienced the same? Is damping of doors required?
I’ve not experienced this but how loud are we talking about here?
Old 22nd July 2021, 19:25   #906
BHPian

I've this weird issue of doors not closing properly. When I pull the door with normal force, it doesn't close on the first attempt, I've to open it and pull it again to close properly.
The rubber seal is in good shape though, not broken or hardened anywhere. What could be the possible reason for this ?
Old 22nd July 2021, 19:44   #907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
I've this weird issue of doors not closing properly. When I pull the door with normal force, it doesn't close on the first attempt, I've to open it and pull it again to close properly.
The rubber seal is in good shape though, not broken or hardened anywhere. What could be the possible reason for this ?
Same here. It is applicable to all the doors. I wanted to check during service. It seems to be a vehicle trait based on your post.

Quote:
I’ve not experienced this but how loud are we talking about here?
Around 25 on volume indicator, high treble notes mostly.

Seltos getting the doors damped.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 22nd July 2021 at 19:45.
Old 22nd July 2021, 20:01   #908
BHPian

Quote:
Same here. It is applicable to all the doors. I wanted to check during service. It seems to be a vehicle trait based on your post.
The doors close without any issues for me. On the first day I did face this on the boot but that was just me still thinking I’m closing the i20 boot. No problems once I got adjusted to the right pressure.

Quote:

Seltos getting the doors damped.
I’ve not gone this high. 18 is the maximum I’ve gone and even for this my ears were ringing

If the doors are opened and damped, I fear that the refitting will cause further issues as no one can match factory fitting. So I’m afraid of getting this done.

Last edited by Dhananjay_Desai : 22nd July 2021 at 20:03.
Dhananjay_Desai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 20:03   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Apologies, This is what I received from the SA Attachment 2182453
Thank you for sharing. Looks like the info on the Hyundai website and the brochure do not match. The website indicates that automatics for 1.5L Petrol and 1.5L Diesel are now only available on SX(O).

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd July 2021 at 20:52. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed.
Old 22nd July 2021, 23:06   #910
BHPian

Quote:
Apologies, This is what I received from the SA Attachment 2182453
I have SX-IVT booked from Feb-21, so I confirmed with him multiple times about this...hoping to get my ride by next month (per SA commitment)
This is the old brochure (It’s actually only 4 days old) as per current times. The speed at which variants (3 major changes in past three months), features (4 times they subtracted and added features in 2021) and pricing (3 times changed in pricing in 2021 and probably 4 price revision is around the corner in Aug 2021) are changing in Creta, I am sure sales team would be having a tough time being up to date.

I am also in a similar boat as yours the only difference is that I booked on 2nd Jan 2021 and booked an SXO IVT. Have been given a 90% delivery promise for June 2021 (turn out false), then a 100% delivery promise for July (which has now turned 0%) and have been promised 101% for Aug 2021

Quote:
If the doors are opened and damped, I fear that the refitting will cause further issues as no one can match factory fitting. So I’m afraid of getting this done.
I also have this fear in my mind. Does it make sense to take the risk of getting the doors opened and get the damping? Does Hyundai give additional/better damping for SXO variant which has Bose speaker setup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
Thank you for sharing. Looks like the info on the Hyundai website and the brochure do not match. The website indicates that automatics for 1.5L Petrol and 1.5L Diesel are now only available on SX(O).
The brochure was updated on 18th July 2021. SX variant ceased to exist starting 18th July 2021.
HP-BHP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 14:47   #911

Quote:
I am also in a similar boat as yours the only difference is that I booked on 2nd Jan 2021 and booked an SXO IVT. Have been given a 90% delivery promise for June 2021 (turn out false), then a 100% delivery promise for July (which has now turned 0%) and have been promised 101% for Aug 2021
Scary and discouraging at the same time....

Hope August brings some good news on this front...
Old 23rd July 2021, 14:53   #912
BHPian

Quote:
I also have this fear in my mind. Does it make sense to take the risk of getting the doors opened and get the damping? Does Hyundai give additional/better damping for SXO variant which has Bose speaker setup?
I don’t know if Hyundai gives any additional damping for the variants with Bose speakers. I doubt it. And no, I don’t think it’s worth the risk for a new car at least.
Dhananjay_Desai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 15:46   #913
BHPian

Quote:
...The brochure was updated on 18th July 2021. SX variant ceased to exist starting 18th July 2021....
Then in that case, the website should be assumed correct because the brochure still indicates "SX" variant.

Last edited by sam264_2000 : 23rd July 2021 at 15:47. Reason: Additional comments
Old 23rd July 2021, 15:52   #914
BHPian

Quote:
I get mild vibrations only if I keep a water bottle in the left door pocket, else it is fine.

Quote:
Wow! that very high, 16 is the max that I have ever gone. 10 is ideal for USB audio, Bluetooth connection requires a slightly higher volume.
Old 23rd July 2021, 19:25   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Wish they did give such special treatment for the top variant, but alas, it's Hyundai we're talking about! Also, I personally thought that the sound setup does not do enough justice to the legendary Bose brand, it's quite underwhelming honestly...and just a marketing gimmick. Also, would advise not to tinker with the doors for aftermarket damping, especially if it's a new car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks