Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2021, 12:50   #1156
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
No updates from the dealer. It's been almost a week now. I'm checking out the XUV700, might book it. Not sure about the waiting period there either. In two minds at the moment.

There is talk of another price hike by Hyundai during the Navratri-Diwali period. They'll be wise to NOT hike prices right now; it'll just make it easier for a lot of us to switch to competition. As asmr said, Creta does not justify a 20L+ tag for me either! I'd rather spend a lakh more and opt for the XUV700. Hyundai would be shooting themselves in the foot with a price hike now.
100%. Regardless of price hike, the experience this far has been just "meh", except for the car itself of course.

As for options... XUV700, Hector (the china tag not withstanding), Harrier, even lower AT version of Innova crysta (all with their associated pros and cons obviously) are in range or just a few lakhs stretch away.
asmr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 17:51   #1157
BHPian

I did a longish drive today and noticed FE remains at 21.5 kmpl mark when driven at 100 to 105kmph on cruise control. The moment speed is set at 110 kmph, FE starts reducing and moving towards 20kmpl
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20211003_134437.jpg  

iamkapilb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 13:54   #1158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolout View Post
Following HP-BHP's footsteps

NEED HELP - Update

Based on your feedbacks and understanding the situation, I gave an okay to the dealer for SX(O). He committed to provide the VIN in 3-5 days.

I am going with a corporate car lease, so the dealer has very little interest in catering my demands, so no negotiations, (I tried )

Now the wait begins, hoping for delivery by last week of the month or early October.
Did you get the VIN as promised and the car finally?
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 14:24   #1159
BHPian

To all Creta IVT users out there, when you are on a long signal (for more than 15 secs), do you stay in drive mode or do you shift to neutral and engage the electronic brake? What is recommended? I thought that in drive mode, we'll be causing strain to the gearbox since it's in gear and we're braking, it's best to be in neutral, but are automatics structured differently to handle this?
Old 4th October 2021, 14:55   #1160
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore folks- What is the time period of getting number plate once RTO formalities are complete? I got RTO tax paid sms on Friday and dealer is saying I should get the number today / tomorrow but it may take upto a week or so for number plate. I plan to take delivery on Thursday and travel out of station the next day. But don't want to take a chance traveling interstate on temp number. Is it reasonable to assume that I can get the plates by Thursday / Friday ? Otherwise I may need to change my travel plans
Old 4th October 2021, 16:48   #1161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
To all Creta IVT users out there, when you are on a long signal (for more than 15 secs), do you stay in drive mode or do you shift to neutral and engage the electronic brake? What is recommended? I thought that in drive mode, we'll be causing strain to the gearbox since it's in gear and we're braking, it's best to be in neutral, but are automatics structured differently to handle this?
I engage Auto hold by using the button and release the brake pedal. Use creep with brake, without autohold, if it is slow moving bumper to bumper traffic.

I do not use neutral at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Bangalore folks- What is the time period of getting number plate once RTO formalities are complete? I got RTO tax paid sms on Friday and dealer is saying I should get the number today / tomorrow but it may take upto a week or so for number plate. I plan to take delivery on Thursday and travel out of station the next day. But don't want to take a chance traveling interstate on temp number. Is it reasonable to assume that I can get the plates by Thursday / Friday ? Otherwise I may need to change my travel plans
It took me around 5 days. Wonder why it takes so long as the number was ready before delivery itself.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 17:13   #1162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got the Plates on the 10th day, after registration date (KA-51).

There are people who have got it in 5-6 days, and at the same time there are people (like me), for whom it has taken 10-14 days.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 17:13   #1163
BHPian

Quote:
There is not fixed booking amount and it depends on the negotiation. I could book it for 5k (initially the dealer started with 10-15k and then settled for 5k).
I was not aware that the booking amount can be negotiated!!! I paid Rs. 25,000 as the booking amount. While checking with the other dealer also, the same amount was quoted to me. I remember paying Rs. 11,000 as booking amount for my Elite i20 in 2015.

Quote:
Hyundai recently hiked prices in August so I doubt another hike will happen so soon, specially when the competition is heating up. There will be a hike in the new year but that's the case with almost every company.
Till 1st Aug 2021 (i.e. 7 complete months in the year), prices were escalated 4 times (i.e. on an average price hike in less than every two months) so timeline for last price hike does not really matter. Truth is that companies are really struggling in keeping the prices at bay and with the current production concerns you can very well imagine the demand and supply gap situation.

There is very strong news that prices will be revised post-Diwali.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
No updates from the dealer. It's been almost a week now. I'm checking out the XUV700, might book it. Not sure about the waiting period there either. In two minds at the moment.
There is talk of another price hike by Hyundai during the Navratri-Diwali period. They'll be wise to NOT hike prices right now; it'll just make it easier for a lot of us to switch to competition. As asmr said, Creta does not justify a 20L+ tag for me either! I'd rather spend a lakh more and opt for the XUV700. Hyundai would be shooting themselves in the foot with a price hike now.
No doubt that Creta does not command the premium at which it is being offered. While the competition is definitely heating up but I still feel that the current demand surge of Korean twins will continue in the foreseeable future. If you are actually looking for niggle free vehicle, while you do have options, but almost all of them have not passed the test of time. For the Petrol engine, in a similar price range, one can get Astor (which is still not launched) that is too new, the VW + Skoda Twins are going through a nightmare (and reaffirming that one should not be a guinea pig), Hector Petrol is an oil guzzler.

XUV700 is too new, real-life niggle (either major or minor) will take 6 months to a year to be sorted out (unless Mahidra is rewriting the history) and the current pricing is only valid for the first 25,000 cars which I feel (based on the buzz it has created and crowed it has pulled) would have already been booked (at the dealer level) without the official booking opening. Also, looking at the power figure of the petrol engine, the real-life fuel efficiency would be in single digit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkapilb View Post
I did a longish drive today and noticed FE remains at 21.5 kmpl mark when driven at 100 to 105kmph on cruise control. The moment speed is set at 110 kmph, FE starts reducing and moving towards 20kmpl
Fuel Efficiency will be proportional to the speed and engine RRM. Once you reach a certain RPM (I guess it should be between 1800 to 2200 RPM), you will see a drop in mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
I enable Auto Hold for most of the signals (which are less than of 75 seconds – which covers almost 99% signals in my case) and shift to Neutral for the wait which is longer than this.

I am not sure if this is the best practice but of course, it works well.
HP-BHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 17:43   #1164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
I got the Plates on the 10th day, after registration date (KA-51).

There are people who have got it in 5-6 days, and at the same time there are people (like me), for whom it has taken 10-14 days.
.. If the number is alloted but plate is not available, does the dealer provide temp plate? would it be ok to use on interstate and thru toll plaza (any fastag issue?). Btw my RTO is KA-03.
Wondering what would be best way to manage the situation. I don't want to waste my days waiting in blr for number plate.
If anyone has experienced similar situation, I'd appreciate the first hand feedback

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 4th October 2021 at 17:44.
Old 4th October 2021, 17:59   #1165

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
Did you get the VIN as promised and the car finally?
Yes, I did get the VIN as promised, not the car though :(

I ended up from the frying pan into the fire, so to say

The leasing finance company that my employer was partnering up suddenly had a change in strategy and stopped Auto leasing business. Employer is now in process of looking for a new vendor, expecting the deal to close this week and start the process next week.

To my luck, the dealer has been exceptionally cooperative in this time, after I explained him the situation and has held the car for me atleast for next few days.

Hoping to close and finally get the delivery before end of the month.
amolout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 18:24   #1166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.. If the number is alloted but plate is not available, does the dealer provide temp plate? would it be ok to use on interstate and thru toll plaza (any fastag issue?). Btw my RTO is KA-03.
Wondering what would be best way to manage the situation. I don't want to waste my days waiting in blr for number plate.
If anyone has experienced similar situation, I'd appreciate the first hand feedback
The dealer will print the vehicle number on a white piece of paper, and paste it on the front & back windshield.

Its okay for passing through toll plazas, as its the Fastag which is important there.

The real problem is with the cops.
I was stopped at Silk Board when I was driving around with the paper number stuck to the windshield.
After some amount of explanation, I was allowed to go.
abhishek46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 19:39   #1167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
The dealer will print the vehicle number on a white piece of paper, and paste it on the front & back windshield.

Its okay for passing through toll plazas, as its the Fastag which is important there.

The real problem is with the cops.
I was stopped at Silk Board when I was driving around with the paper number stuck to the windshield.
After some amount of explanation, I was allowed to go.
I was reading articles that using paper is illegal and bound to attract penalty. So I guess I don't have a choice but to wait for number plate to travel inter state.
Old 4th October 2021, 20:44   #1168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolout View Post
Yes, I did get the VIN as promised, not the car though :(
====
Hoping to close and finally get the delivery before end of the month.
Damn! That's some timing from the leasing company to jinx your car delivery! Hopefully this gets sorted out soon and you can take delivery of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
Planning to just drop by for a quick visit, see what I can dig up from behind the scenes. Fingers crossed.
Update is that the timeline, unsurprisingly, is going to slip. I am still surprised that they show waiting time for Creta petrol variants as 3 months in the showroom display board (4 months for diesel variants). Another dealer said 4 months for petrol variant, when I checked with them just a few days back.

Curiously, the SA basically made HMIL as the sole roadblock/arbiter in this issue. I am still waiting for my booking number from Hyundai's NDMS (did I get that right?), and once I get it, I will have to start the haggling by shooting of an email to crsales@hmil.net.

Not going to push too much. More than happy to take my money elsewhere beyond this month. Let's see.

Last edited by asmr : 4th October 2021 at 21:11. Reason: typo that messed up email address in post
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 11:34   #1169
BHPian

Quote:
I had a similar situation and made a temporary number plate (some flexi board types) from a near by shop. That cost somewhere 400 and that was stuck on the designated places with the numbers. I didnt wanted to waste any days waiting for the HSRP number plate from RTO to take out my car and meet the traffic police.
Solved the purpose for the first 10 days and may also come handy in case the hsrp breaks in between any time.
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 11:39   #1170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
I had a similar situation and made a temporary number plate (some flexi board types) from a near by shop. That cost somewhere 400 and that was stuck on the designated places with the numbers. I didnt wanted to waste any days waiting for the HSRP number plate from RTO to take out my car and meet the traffic police.
Solved the purpose for the first 10 days and may also come handy in case the hsrp breaks in between any time.
That is reassuring. Were you stopped by traffic police or faced any issue? Did you travel interstate as well?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks