Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2023, 19:45   #8296
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

In February 2023, I eagerly booked the XUV700 AX7L Petrol AT, anticipating a shorter wait time compared to the diesel variant I had booked in August 2022. However, the latest updates suggest that the diesel variant will arrive between September 7th and October 7th, 2023, while the petrol variant is expected to arrive between March 17th and April 16th, 2024. As I eagerly await the arrival of my XUV700, I'm curious to know from those who have already received their AX7 or AX7L XUV700 - how long did you have to wait from the date of booking to finally get your hands on this exciting new vehicle?
Old 13th April 2023, 20:59   #8297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeinated_Owl View Post
As I eagerly await the arrival of my XUV700, I'm curious to know from those who have already received their AX7 or AX7L XUV700 - how long did you have to wait from the date of booking to finally get your hands on this exciting new vehicle?
I booked AX7L AWD in May 2022. ETA on the website kept changing. Initially it was March-April 2024 and then after a few months it was July-August 2023. In October 2022, it changed to July-August 2024. I was very surprised that ETA shifted by a full one year! But eventually I received the delivery in first week of December. So overall a 7 months wait.

I was in constant touch with the Dealer, making sure he knows I'm very much interested in buying, and won't cancel the booking. He always told me to ignore the ETA on the website.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th April 2023 at 21:06. Reason: Quote trimmed.
shubham_2206 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 21:18   #8298

Quote:
As I eagerly await the arrival of my XUV700, I'm curious to know from those who have already received their AX7 or AX7L XUV700 - how long did you have to wait from the date of booking to finally get your hands on this exciting new vehicle?
AX7L AWD --- 1 Year 2 Months.

Last edited by SDP : 17th April 2023 at 05:56. Reason: Please quote only relevant bits of a large post and not entire post
cvchetan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 05:48   #8299
BHPian

Quote:
I'm curious to know from those who have already received their AX7 or AX7L XUV700 - how long did you have to wait from the date of booking to finally get your hands on this exciting new vehicle?
Got my AX7L P AT in 6 months from booking after constant (i.e. monthly) follow-up on e-mail and phone calls. Also, I booked a Toyota Hyryder after about 5 months of booking the XUV700 and showed the booking to the Mahindra dealer and made it clear to them that I would go with either one depending on which is delivered to me first. That seems to have lit some fire under them.
roadmuncher26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 08:35   #8300
BHPian

Quote:
In February 2023, I eagerly booked the XUV700 AX7L Petrol AT, anticipating a shorter wait time compared to the diesel variant I had booked in August 2022. However, the latest updates suggest that the diesel variant will arrive between September 7th and October 7th, 2023, while the petrol variant is expected to arrive between March 17th and April 16th, 2024. As I eagerly await the arrival of my XUV700, I'm curious to know from those who have already received their AX7 or AX7L XUV700 - how long did you have to wait from the date of booking to finally get your hands on this exciting new vehicle?
I have an AX7 Diesel, my wait time was 9 months but I got my car through a cancellation.
yuvmudapa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 09:31   #8301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Hi Bhpians,

I have a very serious issue cropping up in my xuv700 Ax7 D MT. While doing a road trip this weekend on the hills, I suddenly noticed the infamous HHC error. I stopped and restarted the car, and as usual it vanished. However after munching some miles and coming to the plains, I see AEBS off message,

I have dropped the car at my nearest service station. Initially they told it could be mouse biting off one of the rear wheel sensors, but on closer inspection they didn't find anything wrong. The car is still in service station with them having no clue about it.
I'm attaching few snapshots of the errors, please do let me know if anyone else is or have had faced similar issue.
Hi Bhpians,

A quick update on my situation. Its the 5th day and there is no resolution yet. Apparently the service centre reached out to Mahindra technical team directly and were suggested to replace the entire abs unit. Which they did, but the issue still persists.

Does anyone know how to escalate it with Mahindra so that I get the correct attention and resolution for the same.
Old 14th April 2023, 14:47   #8302

Quote:
I booked my AX7L D Auto in May 2022 and still waiting for delivery. Online it says mid of May 2023 but dealer says June 2023.
Full_Indie_Tank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 16:15   #8303
BHPian

So after exact 11 months of bringing home our MX D, M&M has updated the infotainment setup to provide wired Android Auto . It's really disappointing that M&M took so long. MX users can now get in touch with their nearest service centre to get the update. There is some confusion regarding the process; at some places the update is being done after replacing the Silver Box (with higher RAM?) but my service centre (Sahyadri Motors, Wakad) told me that the internal circular mentions that replacement is not required .

The update process was really quick, takes about 30 mins to complete. Got the car back in couple of hours.

Initial Impressions:
AA takes few seconds to load once the phone is connected. Screen response is ok, hopefully it will get better. MID shows Navigation option but as of now it doesn't work, it'll be great if fellow members are able to guide to get the Navigation on MID. The sound quality while connected has improved. Calling/texting using Google Assistant has become so seamless now.

One more observation I had is that even if I try to disable Bluetooth on my phone while AA is connected, it still get switched on. Wonder why is this so.

Sharing few pics of the updated UI.

Odo Reading: 17022 Kms

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20230414_1531432.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20230414_1532532.jpg  

StarVector is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 21:04   #8304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manja_92 View Post
Disheartened XUV 700 customer with cracked sunroof!

This was an absolute shocker for all of us because a brand new car from Mahindra with 5-star safety ratings had its sunroof cracked suddenly without any reason! The service head told me that he would send a mail to the Mahindra plant and wait for the response(Since it was a Saturday, he told that the response would only come on Monday or Tuesday). However, he refused to keep us in the loop or provide us with a copy of the rejection mail that he claims to have received on 11th April. This lack of transparency is concerning, and I am disappointed with the way this matter has been handled so far.

I request suggestions and advice on how to proceed in this regard.
Firstly Congrats for buying this car.
So sad to know that you had to face this problem within such short time.

I feel there is nothing we can really do in these cases because it is difficult to prove anything. Even if you had a garage to park the company would have still given you the same argument. They are the only people who can do something for you by initiating a positive report on your behalf. If they are not ready to cooperate we can do nothing. Unless you know somebody at very senior level in Mahindra, nothing can be done.

I suggest you go by the Insurance route and put it behind ASAP.

When such things happen, we say it is because of evil eye of somebody.

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th April 2023 at 16:01. Reason: Fixing broken quote tag
Old 15th April 2023, 18:14   #8305
BHPian

Booked AX7 Petrol Auto - Suggestions on Installing 360 degree camera

Friends, I booked my AX7 Petrol Automatic yesterday and as you know Mahindra does not provide 360 degree camera in a 25.5 L plus product. Can someone suggest a good aftermarket 360 degree camera. I plan to install it as soon as I get delivery.

P.S. : Although I am okay to miss on other features which Mahindra Provides only on AX7L variant but missing a 360 degree camera on such an expensive car is really bad on their part. Obviously they are selling in such high numbers that any noise or negative feedback from customers would not bother them.
SinghBHP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 16:50   #8306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vins7 View Post
So, finally did the PDI today and was happy with it.

Would take the delivery tomorrow or day after. Final couple of queries:
1. Is it worth taking the extending warranty for 4th and 5th year? It costs around 44k and it I take it just before the end of 3rd year it will cost ~50k. Was wondering if it is worth taking it?
2. Having second thoughts about the side foot step. I have small kids (10 months and 4 years) and elderly parents but I am still unsure how much couple of inches will make a difference, If someone can share their experience, it will be great! Thanks.

Cheers,
Vins
Congratulations on your XUV700. In my opinion it is useful to get the side footstep; in addition to ease of ingress it also provides some protection to the car.
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 17:49   #8307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
Booked AX7 Petrol Auto - Suggestions on Installing 360 degree camera

Friends, I booked my AX7 Petrol Automatic yesterday and as you know Mahindra does not provide 360 degree camera in a 25.5 L plus product. Can someone suggest a good aftermarket 360 degree camera. I plan to install it as soon as I get delivery.

P.S. : Although I am okay to miss on other features which Mahindra Provides only on AX7L variant but missing a 360 degree camera on such an expensive car is really bad on their part. Obviously they are selling in such high numbers that any noise or negative feedback from customers would not bother them.

Bro join the queue. AX5 owner here. I need to get a key out of my pocket to start the car. I spent 24 lacs for a car and I dont have cruise control, auto ac, button start, true keyless entrey and behold there is NO REAR CAMERA [forget factory fitted guidelines] after spending so much. Be happy with what you have.
psbali is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 21:13   #8308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
Bro join the queue. AX5 owner here. I need to get a key out of my pocket to start the car. I spent 24 lacs for a car and I dont have cruise control, auto ac, button start, true keyless entrey and behold there is NO REAR CAMERA [forget factory fitted guidelines] after spending so much. Be happy with what you have.

Exactly ! Even my 2014 Honda city has all the features.

While I was contemplating to change my booking to scorpio N, an another dealer that I have been pestering, called me to say that he has a Red rage XUV700 AX7 D AT available. I quickly said ok(as my Midnight Blk AX7L is still a long way to go) and went on to see what omission of features it has over AX7L. Having a keyless button start and not a Keyless entry appears to be so lame. And, even a Baleno has a 360 cam !

Overall AX5 and AX7 has some serious basic feature omissions. Anyways I have decided to live with AX7, as it has all the main features I want. Special thanks to psbali for helping me with the decision.

I have a few observations to share. Starting sep 2022, they are providing all variants with start stop system. ACC is available only in AX7 & AX7L AT, AX7/AX7L MT doesnt get ACC anymore !(I remeber it had one earlier). AX7 doesn't get sequential indicators anymore. No follow me home headlamps.
FlyboyQP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 10:11   #8309

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyboyQP View Post

I have a few observations to share. Starting sep 2022, they are providing all variants with start stop system. ACC is available only in AX7 & AX7L AT, AX7/AX7L MT doesnt get ACC anymore !(I remeber it had one earlier). AX7 doesn't get sequential indicators anymore. No follow me home headlamps.
I own AX7 D AT variant which is Nov 2022 manufactured and it has follow me headlamps. Agree with the rest.
Old 18th April 2023, 10:19   #8310
BHPian

Somebody tried to remove TeamBhp sticker and scratched my car which removed the paint. Did anybody install dash cam with 24x7 parking surveillance? Does it affect warranty? Do we have any procedure to do it without voiding warranty?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks