Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2018, 22:08   #11026
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib Khan View Post
Guess i have been lucky (touchwood). I changed my 2012 i20's stock bulb to Philips 90/100 bulbs the day i got my car delivered. Its been 6 years now and there is no sign of damage to reflector or the outer glass. This is my second set of bulbs in 6 years and I am so satisfied with the light output that it never crossed my mind to try other brands.
Wow! It sounds much relief!
Old 7th May 2018, 01:16   #11027
BHPian

I've upgraded my 2014 Figo TDCi's head lamps to Osram Night Breaker Laser H4 60/55W. When comparing to stock head lamps, these bulbs glow brighter and there is a good improvement in the throw too. Also the light output is a little less yellow and relatively whiter, when compared to stock bulbs.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-osram.jpg

I was previously using earlier version of Osram Night Breakers, and comparing to that, one could not find a remarkable difference. But if you compare with the stock bulbs, it is definitely a good improvement. Fully satisfied with the purchase. Ordered through Amazon and got a pair for Rs. 1149.

Here is link to the Osram's page, where you can find PDF of the product brochure.
BLACKBLADE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 16:00   #11028
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know if these Sparco Corsa bulbs are genuine?
https://www.amazon.in/Sparco-Corsa-H...11+bulbs&psc=1

It is said to come with warranty and I have also seen a H4 box in one of the shops. Barring Amazon I am unable to find the product details elsewhere.
Old 10th May 2018, 16:11   #11029
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Does anyone know if these Sparco Corsa bulbs are genuine?
https://www.amazon.in/Sparco-Corsa-H...11+bulbs&psc=1

It is said to come with warranty and I have also seen a H4 box in one of the shops. Barring Amazon I am unable to find the product details elsewhere.
Look fake and Amazon is filled with plenty of fake products these days.
Avoid these and stick with the Philips Xtremevision

Philips H11 C 12362XV X-treme Vision Headlight Bulb (12V, 55W) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00NAZGQSC/..._Kic9Ab0AX3JFT

or the Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited instead.
The blue tinted bulbs like these don't have any higher light output and actually have lower light output with just a whiter tinge due to the blue coating.

Last edited by Behemoth : 10th May 2018 at 16:22.
Old 11th May 2018, 14:43   #11030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnreddy View Post
I Have second generation of Fluidic Verna, want to install Philips X-tremeUltinon LED car headlight H11 bulb, part number 11362XUX2. My car has projector headlights. Will this bulb fit? Has anyone tried it? How is the performance?

Regards,
LN Reddy
For bulb specifications, it'll be in your manual. The projectors in Creta sport HB3 9005 type bulbs.
I think same would be in Verna but do cross verify.

Last edited by catchdoon : 11th May 2018 at 15:05. Reason: Bulb specification corrected.
Old 11th May 2018, 16:03   #11031

I Have second generation of Fluidic Verna, want to install Philips X-tremeUltinon LED car headlight H11 bulb, part number 11362XUX2. My car has projector headlights. Will this bulb fit? Has anyone tried it? How is the performance?

Regards,
LN Reddy
Old 11th May 2018, 21:11   #11032

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBLADE View Post

I was previously using earlier version of Osram Night Breakers, and comparing to that, one could not find a remarkable difference. But if you compare with the stock bulbs, it is definitely a good improvement. Fully satisfied with the purchase. Ordered through Amazon and got a pair for Rs. 1149.
Hello Sir,

I have used Philips X-Treme Vision in my Swift Dzire, but fould that the overall life is lesser.

As you have used Osram Night Breakers earlier also, could you please elaborate on the life of the same?

I am planning to put the same in my Thar!

Regards,
Sourabh
Old 11th May 2018, 22:10   #11033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanzen View Post
Hello Sir,

I have used Philips X-Treme Vision in my Swift Dzire, but fould that the overall life is lesser.

As you have used Osram Night Breakers earlier also, could you please elaborate on the life of the same?

I am planning to put the same in my Thar!

Regards,
Sourabh
Low beam of one of my Night-Breakers (Mine was H4 60/55W) conked off in about two years time and the other one followed suit pretty soon. The headlamps were used almost daily. All the performance head lamps have lesser life. It's because the filament glows at a higher temperature than stock ones. That's the same reason why the light output is relatively white and throw is long. Also my reflectors have slight burn marks. Stock lamps last much longer. Expect about two years life, not more than that.

On your Thar, I suggest you to get auxiliary lamps fitted from Hella. The Rallye 700 FF would look good and serve your purpose too.

Last edited by BLACKBLADE : 11th May 2018 at 22:35.
BLACKBLADE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 23:01   #11034

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBLADE View Post
Low beam of one of my Night-Breakers (Mine was H4 60/55W) conked off in about two years time and the other one followed suit pretty soo. Expect about two years life, not more than that.

On your Thar, I suggest you to get auxiliary lamps fitted from Hella. The Rallye 700 FF would look good and serve your purpose too.
Thanks for the information BLACKBLADE!

Luckily one of my cousin is about to bring a pair Aux Lamps for me, next month from US. I have demanded KC

I'll give a try to Osram Night Breakers in my Dad's WagonR, as he complaints about the lights and was about to upgrade to relay based higher capacity system.

Regards,
Sanzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2018, 17:21   #11035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
Hi all,
Will it cause any harm to wiring/battery if I install twin headlights setup instead of a single one? This is for my RE Thunderbird TS. It currently has stock bulb and 7 inch housing. Thinking about replacing with smaller twin headlight setup like Mahindra Mojo.
Bumping up again.
Old 13th May 2018, 21:33   #11036
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bumping up again.
Why dont you install a dual LED headlight unit like this on your enfield.
Andride 7 Inch Round LED Headlights Stylish Halo Angle Eyes + Signal For Royal Enfield Royal Enfield Classic 350/ 500CC / Electra / Standard
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B073F83F6S/..._Ydg-Ab1SK4R6G
This also consumes less power than the original and will not cause issues with the electricals. Also as the led and projector units are integrated you should get a decent beam pattern. I have seen these lights installed on a Thar and they are quite powerful.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 08:38   #11037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Why dont you install a dual LED headlight unit like this on your enfield.
Andride 7 Inch Round LED Headlights Stylish Halo Angle Eyes + Signal For Royal Enfield Royal Enfield Classic 350/ 500CC / Electra / Standard
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B073F83F6S/..._Ydg-Ab1SK4R6G
This also consumes less power than the original and will not cause issues with the electricals. Also as the led and projector units are integrated you should get a decent beam pattern. I have seen these lights installed on a Thar and they are quite powerful.
Thanks for the suggestion. However I am hooked to having the separate dual headlight look like Triumph Thunderbird. There are LED twin units but I could not find a pair which comes along with housing. The originals cost a bomb.
I know it is fancy. But there is psychology behind it
Old 14th May 2018, 11:17   #11038
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. However I am hooked to having the separate dual headlight look like Triumph Thunderbird. There are LED twin units but I could not find a pair which comes along with housing. The originals cost a bomb.
I know it is fancy. But there is psychology behind it
Sure that looks really cool! Maybe you could reach out to these guys for a full makeover!
http://news.maxabout.com/modified-bi...r-moto-design/
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2018, 16:28   #11039
BHPian

Guys,

Have a query. I own a Verna 4S AT 2015 model which came with projector headlights. The low beam on this is just about ok but the high beam is absolutely pathetic. I want to remedy the situation with some pre-conditions

1. Dont want to install any relays of any kind
2. Dont want white light
3. Dont want to cut anything

Given this, what are the options available to me to better the beam throws? My call to the Hyundai service center was of no help. Will a change of bulb help? Is a change of bulb possible on projectors? If yes, what is the best recommended bulb? If no, do I have to live with this?
Old 16th May 2018, 07:54   #11040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
Guys,

Have a query. I own a Verna 4S AT 2015 model which came with projector headlights. The low beam on this is just about ok but the high beam is absolutely pathetic. I want to remedy the situation with some pre-conditions

1. Dont want to install any relays of any kind
2. Dont want white light
3. Dont want to cut anything

Given this, what are the options available to me to better the beam throws? My call to the Hyundai service center was of no help. Will a change of bulb help? Is a change of bulb possible on projectors? If yes, what is the best recommended bulb? If no, do I have to live with this?
You could start off with HID in the low beam projectors. I have installed them in my EcoSport and they work very well.

For the high beam, I can suggest to go with Philips XtremeVision+. It will improve the amount of light on the road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks