Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2020, 00:04   #361
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
The ‘Auto Hold’ makes things convenient but can be a little annoying if you have to stop in every few seconds as it overrides the crawl functionality. I chose to turn it off in heavy traffic conditions.
I feel it is very handy while driving in bumper to bumper traffic as u give some rest to ur foot and also dont get into heating issues of the DCT gearbox. I was out for an evening drive and was stuck in B2B traffic for some distance and Auto Hold was a saviour. And keeping all the DCT points in mind, I was shifting to neutral if the stop time was more.
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 09:24   #362
BHPian

Just came across this video. Is this gentleman correct? Has any creta owner tried this out?
HONESTabdul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 13:23   #363
BHPian

Hyundai, Kia agree to $210 million U.S. auto safety civil penalty
By David Shepardson

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Hyundai Motor Co and Kia Motors’ U.S. units on Friday agreed to a record $210 million civil penalty after U.S. auto safety regulators said they failed to recall 1.6 million vehicles for engine issues in a timely fashion.

Should I as a prospective creta buyer be worried?
HONESTabdul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 13:30   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Try to go for the SXO Manual/Automatic- which may be available earlier. I got mine shipped out in 12 days. You also get more safety equipment.
Was your allocation against a cancellation from another person? I tried to cite your example while negotiating with the vendor for an early delivery but they refuse to negotiate on the waiting period of 2-3 months. I am looking for SX(O) Diesel MT.

Had almost completed my booking in the last week of September but due to their stand that they cannot deliver before November 6th (which was a deadline I had set as I wanted to take the new car for my trip to MP), I had to hold back from completing the booking process.

Have re-initiated the discussion now and the Waiting period has changed from 2 months from my earlier discussion to 2-3 months now .
Old 29th November 2020, 13:56   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechLiveMANA View Post
Was your allocation against a cancellation from another

Have re-initiated the discussion now and the Waiting period has changed from 2 months from my earlier discussion to 2-3 months now .
I was closely in touch with the GM of the dealership and I guess SXO AT diesel was available at the time. I also made full payment once the car was alloted. Check for AT , it may still be faster than MT. Although its almost 1.7 lac moreexpensive in Pune .
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 15:02   #366
BHPian

Quote:
I was closely in touch with the GM of the dealership and I guess SXO AT diesel was available at the time. I also made full payment once the car was alloted. Check for AT , it may still be faster than MT. Although its almost 1.7 lac moreexpensive in Pune .
Thanks for the update.

I am not really a fan of AT, but have asked for a test drive which they said will arrange for in the coming week. They didn't mentioned AT having lower waiting period though. Will update on what I decide, after the test drive.
Old 29th November 2020, 16:42   #367
Senior - BHPian

I feel that the stock may be available as such, its just a question of whether customers pay up for the car or not. My dealer very candidly told me that he was not taking allotment (making dealer purchases from the factory) unless he was getting customer demand and as much payment as possible (full would be best).

He said that they did not have so much margins and could not afford the cashflow while keeping lockdown mode of staffing by rotation whereby some percent of his staff would be staying from home, which is kinda useless for most dealership front end staff.

Perhaps paying up full amount or most of the amount can push the case further. People have a tendency to "pay up after seeing the car".
Since you are from Pune, check with Shivam Hyundai Baner (off BLR Bypass) - where I got my car from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
Just came across this video. Is this gentleman correct? Has any creta owner tried this out?
Forget the Creta, this ABS pulsating can happen on ANY car if it is provided different surfaces. What he refers to as the rattle is the ABS pulsating- thats an expected behaviour. It depends on how aggressively ABS activates (basis sensor). In some cars it is more pronounced than in others.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st December 2020 at 17:58. Reason: Merged back to back posts.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 21:10   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
https://Youtu.be/jBOvPiQwWUo
Here's my experience with hard braking on highway from around 80 / 90 kmph to 0 in a few seconds courtesy a bull who decided to join the highway out of the blue.

The brakes performed absolutely fine and and car stopped within safe distance. This is with setup having discs in front and drums in rear. There has been absolutely no issue with respect to brakes so far. I've had tested ABS as well on wet grass and it performs just as it is supposed to do. It does kick in pretty early and is felt on the pedal as well but that's a good thing, right ?
sarav100 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 21:16   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Perhaps paying up full amount or most of the amount can push the case further. People have a tendency to "pay up after seeing the car".
Since you are from Pune, check with Shivam Hyundai Baner (off BLR Bypass) - where I got my car from.
Unfortunately, I am limited in my choice of vendor as I would be purchasing using the CLC option offered by my company. The Lease vendor would only purchase it from a particular vendor which is Kothari Hyundai, Swargate. I tried to see if they CLC vendor can influence the waiting period, but they have left me to talk to the vendor.
TechLiveMANA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 16:10   #370
BHPian

Just discovered that long pressing the voice command button with Android Auto connected launches Google Assistant instead of Bluelink. Hope this helps fellow owners!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
2. Once Android Auto is connected, the voice button on the steering activates 'Google Assistant' for me and not the bluelink. Not sure what I have done differently,.
iamitp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 17:30   #371
BHPian

Hello fellow owners. I may have misspoke. Since the time I read this, I've been trying to consciously replicate this but I think I may have understood this incorrectly. I now realize that I may have been activating it using the 'Okay Google' prompt and not the button. Apologies for the incorrect information.
Old 1st December 2020, 12:36   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
MID displays the specific open door. It covers the tailgate too. The system sensibly warns you if the sunroof is open, only when the engine is switched off. Surprisingly, there is no warning for the bonnet; even the Venue gets it:
Attachment 2030005
Just to add my two bits here:

1) The warning for the sunroof is only given when the sunroof glass is open. The engine can be switched off with the roller blind open and no warning should be expected.

2) Even though there is no warning for the bonnet in the MID display, bluelink will still warn you if you put off the engine with the bonnet open.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot_20201201122254.jpg  

Old 1st December 2020, 20:34   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
If the air pressure in any tyre is low, this warning comes up on the MID, showing you the problematic tyre:
The TPMS has been showing 30 for all tyres when I start the car and drive for a while for the last 2 days. However, I am yet to get any alarm. If I am not mistaken, I have even had 29 psi at least once in the last month without any alarm.

Any inputs on where others have experienced the TPMS alarm at?

Last edited by bblost : 1st December 2020 at 21:04. Reason: removed embedded pic from quoted post.
AK79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 22:39   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK79 View Post
The TPMS has been showing 30 for all tyres when I start the car and drive for a while for the last 2 days. However, I am yet to get any alarm. If I am not mistaken, I have even had 29 psi at least once in the last month without any alarm.

Any inputs on where others have experienced the TPMS alarm at?
Alarm is triggered on around 28/29 psi only. You were quite close to the triggering condition.
sarav100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 23:12   #375
BHPian

Hi - i am planning to book the SX O DCT in the next couple of days. Any recommended dealer in Mumbai with whom the experience has been good?

I have spoken to a couple of them, but the attitude has been sky high. Discounts/freebie is out of the question. Even insurance from outside (20-30k cheaper) is not being allowed.

Also - even if i book now, delivery is being promised in Mid/end Jan. Would make sense to stay put another 2 weeks and get a 2021 car?

Price hike also expected on 1st of Jan
funkyp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks